It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Shock jock' disrupts BBC's Sunday Politics show

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

"He who has a thing to sell and goes and whispers in a well is not as apt to get the dollars of he who climbs a tree and hollers." - Author Unknown

I think a lot can be said just from this statement alone, AJ has always come across as being impassioned and "edgy" - it's his brand.

He knows full well that many people will focus on his antics over his message. I'm skeptical that he is doing it in an attempt to make all CT aficionados crazy by default.

I'll give him this though - he's definitely light years beyond guys like Billy Mays and Ron Popeil in both showmanship and carnival barking.

People who like what he has to say (and/or how he says it) are not going to be swayed by those out there with a stiff upper lip rolling their eyes. It seems whenever this happens, it just earns him more street cred with his fans.

Bravo, sir. /golfclap
edit on 9-6-2013 by KyrieEleison because: replaced derp with herp

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KyrieEleison

He is not putting on an act for dollars. He has a people friendly agenda to push and does so his own way. People can believe him or not. I don't find his shouting pleasurable but if you focus on that then you miss the message.

People who don't shout like jessie ventura, ron paul, gary jonhson accomplish just as little as Alex Jones does with his shouting. This means the disinfo agents will focus on everything except the message! They shoot down the messenger with ad hominem attacks rather than the message. I could say the same happens to john lear, bob lazar, richard hoagland, david icke, etc.
edit on 9/6/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Yep, which is why I said that he knows full well what he is doing.

Whenever someone focuses on the antics it just ends up making them look petty and desperate to tear him down.

His fans eat it up and ask for more.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I am puzzled in that do you disagree with his message? Why do you say his fans? He is not out to win a popularity contest. He is trying to inform people of what is going on in the world in ways the msm will never touch.

If msm gives him any airtime it is because if they did not then people all over the world would become more suspicious, because AJ already has many thousands of curiousity seekers under his belt. Once you reach a certain level you cannot be ignored, killed, etc because you become a martyr and the ptb do not want people unifying for anything.

The only thing they can do is smear him as much as possible, which clearly many people in this thread seem to be doing just fine.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I consider issues on a case-by-case basis and avoid getting wrapped up in cults of personality.

Other than that, I'm not really sure how else to respond aside from what I have already stated - focusing on the antics over the message comes across as petty and desperate to many people, especially his fans.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

No offense taken sir. I just think the man is not given fair credit for all that he has done. We don't have to believe everything he says and we should judge everything for ourselves. Take a few bits here, a few bits from somewhere else, and put the puzzle together.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
sorry for double post. I accidently hit the quote button instead of edit button.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I get worked up when talking about subjects such as these and always I'm told to calm down. It's called being passionate. Being told how to act when I'm pissed about something, well, that pisses me off even more. People, like these on this show, who don't want to listen or just want to argue for arguments sake piss me off, so I get louder and more animated.

I've been talking about the evil banking system for years, long before it was fashionable. I've been talking about a police state, long before it actually came to be reality. I'm not a shill, I'm not insane, I'm passionate. Someone judges me for being passionate, maybe they should listen to the words, see if there's truth there. I've been right way more than I've been wrong, this crap is going strong and no one is stopping it, and yet when I try and educate people about things they know nothing about all I get is crap for being too worked up.

Maybe some here should get worked up instead of being judgmental asshats. Nothing is getting done, what will it take? Enjoy your police state, it's not like you weren't told about it. Instead, you would rather kill the messenger than listen to the message.

Back in Lincoln's day, political arguments were settled with fights outside the pub. So it was ok to get worked up, to the point of fisticuffs, back then but not today? I'm not suggesting boxing matches but a meek person will not get heard in all this hubbub yet the loud guy automatically is full of it. Seems like a double standard.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSpanishArcher

It is a double standard, which is why for no other reason I give props to AJ for "going there" and not really caring what anyone else thinks, in the spirit of Molière's Alceste - there are others from that tale who are far less admirable.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Molière's Alceste

Thanks for the reply, and now I have to go look up whatever that is. Always a good day when I learn something.

How someone can NOT get up in arms when speaking about junk like this is beyond me, but I guess people just love tyranny and the police state we live in. Just because someone reacts differently than they think a person should react doesn't mean they are wrong. It only means they are different.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Folks have missed the point.

So let me try and explain.

We do politics differently in the UK. Its more civilised. Yes there is the odd bit of arguing in the commons but generally the UK political system runs in a very calm, collected manner.

Some loudmouthed American jackass shouting over a BBC presenter is simply going to get laughed at, ignored and/or pointed at by people saying "look at the lunatic"

That's not me being snobbish, or trying to make the UK seem superior - its simply how it is here.

The guy was on a very serious, quite dour, political programme. He tried to turn it into a circus. It didn't work. Calm and measured answers to the questions, backed with facts and supporting evidence work better than bluster.

And that's a lesson that a lot of folk posting on ATS could do with learning.

As long as Alex Jones keeps acting in this manner, all the cover-ups, scandals and crimes will happen - probably undetected or unresolved, because he turns them into the lunatic fringe, by acting like a lunatic.

And I'm starting to wonder if that is the intention.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I'm not entirely convinced that it is his intention, however plausible it may be.

When he is on home turf in his own element, he draws quite a crowd.

Few can deny he is successful in that.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I heard the interview and found that Jones did not get ticked until the interviewer became condecinding and evasive to who runs the BBC. The interview use non-sequitor rhetoric and was wondering why Jones was getting ramped up. They were basically trying to discredit Jones before he went into rant mode. Now don't get me wrong, I don't like his loud crass speak; however, his information is sound and is documented. He may be loud but he gets the job done because he is loud. It's the only way to make the chicken neck, limp wristed, shadow lurking, control freaks will be exposed and their agenda brought to the daylight.

I mean come on...BBC? They reported WCT 7 fell 20 minutes before it did. They stated that the Bilderburg Group never existed, only to say years later that it does. If you want to talk about credibility, I think Jones has a one up on them.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

i fully agree with you. When you start shouting in a debate, whether you are right or wrong, you look like you don't know what you're talking about. You have to listen to what people say and make your point with your response to theirs. I find it hard to believe alex is this stupid but stranger things have happened. If i was unscrupulous and i worked for the BBC, and i was trying to push the agenda that the bilderberg meeting is right and lawfull, i'd get Alex on the sunday politics (or whatever it was), safe in the knowledge he'll probably end up shouting and discredit criticism. I fear that's what happened...

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Yes we have more calm, civilized political debates in the UK and that has worked wonderfully so far. Put on a suit, lie and speak with no heart and you can deceive a nation. I'm ashamed to be British and Alex is a GOOD man.
I'm losing faith in the ATS mods.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

While AJ is known to be passionate about the subjects he talks about, I thought Andrew Neil pulling dumb faces at the closing was pretty insulting and disrespectful towards his guest. ?Why did he feel it was necessary to do that.

Did you not think it "insulting and disrespectful" that Jones constantly interrupted the conversation, or shouted down anything that the other guest tried to say?......and why did he feel it necessary to continually blurt out "infowars.com!" mid way through sentences?.....the guy came across as a paranoid lunatic.

As to Andrew Neil pulling faces at the end of the interview, it was patently obvious that Jones wasn't going to actually allow him to talk through the end titles wasn't it?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Culture shock, Nef. Not really sure why that might be so though. Are us Yanks known over there for our calm and reserved demeanor? Maybe Alex was just playing Texas cowboy for your folks' viewing pleasure. Did you expect something otherwise?

Despite his extensive vocabulary and comprehension, I doubt AJ fully groks the virtues of obsequiousness. He certainly doesn't extol them.

edit on 9-6-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

link   
Guys check this out, I'm pretty impressed.
Check out this article about it on the mail online website and read the comments at the bottom, and the ratings of the comments:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Thats pretty impressive imo.
Perhaps theres still hope.

link   

Originally posted by NoTarSed
and i was trying to push the agenda that the bilderberg meeting is right and lawfull,

Well, as it is right and lawfull what other agenda could you push?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Yes, I agree.

We can't allow ourselves to be like poultry who have their feathers petted and soothed before it's dispached to become dinner. Don't call it civilized talk when it is really passive aggressiveness towards the people. It's the passionate outspokeness which catches peoples attention, not souless droning which puts them asleep.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join