It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Answer One Question. "Why"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I'm not the one who's okay with billions of good people suffering forever.

I believe in salvation for everyone, no matter what they believe. How am I a bigot again?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Dear 3NL1GHT3ND1,

Again, do you not understand the OP? While clearly all understanding comes from you, that is not what I asked and I did give a useable criteria. I did not try nor ask other to believe in God, that is your choice. Can you not understand what I asked? Is it that hard or are you so committed to being a bigot that you are incapable of giving responsive answers?

The notion is implied through their beliefs.

Your answer is bigoted, you do not ask what individuals believe, you assume believers in God all believe the exact same thing. That is called bigotry and I bet at the same time you complain that we are not all in agreement, that is called stupidity because the two beliefs that you hold contradict one another. Pick and stick by your choice or be willing to understand that you may be wrong.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

For one thing, this isn't your thread. I think you've got this thread mixed up with yours.

A second thing, I don't assume every Christian believes the same thing, I said that it is "most likely" that a Christian would believe non-believers go to hell. That leaves a little wiggle room, but not much.

Do you disagree that non-believers will go to hell?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

For one thing, this isn't your thread. I think you've got this thread mixed up with yours.

A second thing, I don't assume every Christian believes the same thing, I said that it is "most likely" that a Christian would believe non-believers go to hell. That leaves a little wiggle room, but not much.

Do you disagree that non-believers will go to hell?

Dear 3NL1GHT3N3D1,

Obviously you are incapable of reading my prior answers in your hurry to ask new questions without responding to what you have been asked.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Your questions have nothing to do with this thread though. If you ask them in the correct thread then maybe I will answer them.

You did not ask a question in the OP of this thread because you are not the OP of this thread.

Do you disagree that non-believers go to hell?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Your questions have nothing to do with this thread though. If you ask them in the correct thread then maybe I will answer them.

You did not ask a question in the OP of this thread because you are not the OP of this thread.

Do you disagree that non-believers go to hell?

Dear 3NL1GHT3N3D1,

The fact that you are so bigoted that you cannot even read what I posted prior is evidence. Believe whatever you want, I have said this many times and have many post and threads. This is not your thread, let the OP tell me if I am not being responsive. No, you would rather not hear my questions or answers at all because you are deceitful and bigoted. Maybe you would answer my questions, don't answer them, I really don't care what you believe. That is between you and God.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

You answered a question, you didn't ask one. Cuervo is the one who asked the questions, not you. Or do you believe that this thread is now yours?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

You answered a question, you didn't ask one. Cuervo is the one who asked the questions, not you. Or do you believe that this thread is now yours?

Dear 3NL1GHT3N3D1,

Answer the ones asked you, show some truthfulness and integrity, lets make this a learning experience for both of us, not just just some Atheist who is unwilling to be truthful.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I'm not an atheist.

The questions were not directed at me, but religious people. I don't believe any book is inspired by god. If it is allowed to spread in this world, it is not true.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

I'm not an atheist.

The questions were not directed at me, but religious people. I don't believe any book is inspired by god. If it is allowed to spread in this world, it is not true.

Dear 3NL1GHT3N3D1,

Answer the questions I asked to yourself, I don't care what you say in public, question yourself. You wish to say you want to discuss books,but that is a lie. Why should the truth be denied being spread worldwide? Why would being spread worldwide mean it must be false?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Because there is no truth in this world. Look around you, what do you see? Truth? If so, you have blinders on.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Because there is no truth in this world. Look around you, what do you see? Truth? If so, you have blinders on.

Dear 3NL1GHT3N3D1,

What a cheap answer. Nothing is true and nothing is wrong? The truth is, we may or may not understand it; but, 1+1 is still 2.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

You think that all other religions are a lie yet believe yours is truth. That's ironic.

If this world was full of truth there would be no war. We can barely get the truth out of the governments, what makes you think they would allow the ultimate truth to spread like you believe it has?

Think about it.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

You think that all other religions are a lie yet believe yours is truth. That's ironic.

If this world was full of truth there would be no war. We can barely get the truth out of the governments, what makes you think they would allow the ultimate truth to spread like you believe it has?

Think about it.

Dear 3NL1GHT3N3D1,

Read my words, believe whatever stupid things you want to, I really am not interested and am not not here to save anyone. Could you understand that? The world is not full of truth, it is full of lies and we listen to Satan, he has control over this world because we trade pleasure for for truth. That is my belief. The ultimate truth is not learned from others, it is the truth that is inside of us and accepting our failures and forgiving others for theirs. It is not agreeing with all the lies, it is accepting that we all make mistakes and have shortcomings.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I am telling you that my religion is compatible with yours, but you call mine a lie. Therefore you are claiming that you have the truth, so what is the truth, because anything past love is religion.

???

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

But you think the bible isn't part of Satan's plan. Like I said, very ironic.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

If you truly believe everything past love is religion then you wouldn't believe the bible is the work of a loving god.

Cognitive dissonance, look it up. It means holding two contradictory beliefs as being true. The bible is much more than just love, MUCH more, which means it is religion.

You contradicted yourself AGAIN. Lol. You say that your "religion" is compatible with mine, then go on to say that anything beyond love is religion. Do you dislike religion or are you part of one? Make up your mind.

By the way, I am not part of a religion, I have told you that NUMEROUS times. Do you not listen or what? Geez dude, clean your ears out.
edit on 8-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

reply to post by sacgamer25

If you truly believe everything past love is religion then you wouldn't believe the bible is the work of a loving god.

Cognitive dissonance, look it up. It means holding two contradictory beliefs as being true. The bible is much more than just love, MUCH more, which means it is religion.

You contradicted yourself AGAIN. Lol. You say that your "religion" is compatible with mine, then go on to say that anything beyond love is religion. Do you dislike religion or are you part of one? Make up your mind.

By the way, I am not part of a religion, I have told you that NUMEROUS times. Do you not listen or what? Geez dude, clean your ears out.
edit on 8-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

You are the only one arguing for religion. Because you are the only one arguing. I am not arguing nor trying to convert you. I am trying to help you understand what I believe, my religion.

You do have a religion, it may only have one member, but since you believe things to be true about the supernatural that you cannot prove, you believe in your religion.

Religion by definition.

1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Although it may be personal and only pertain to you, you do have a religion. You cannot escape the definition of the word because you would prefer not to be labeled religious.

If I had to pick a way to represent myself religiously I would probably have to say I am an Israelite who believes that Jesus is/was the promised messiah, and foretold a time called the Messianic age that I believe to be coming. A time in which the Spirit of Love, Christ Jesus, fills all men so that all men may obey the command of the father, to love one another. I believe in the Spiritual evolution of both the law and spirit. I consider myself a universalist who believes that God's Grace means unconditional love for all. I believe there to be one God and we are all his children, regardless of what stupidity that we allow to separate us from one another.

That God teaches men gradually as to push them towards love, while still allowing them free will. Although the free will that I believe in is more "freedom to choose" based on the choices presented you by the father.

You still can't seem to figure out that I don't care about my religion or your religion. I have been this whole time merely trying to help you understand what I believe. But your own Religion (refer to definition) prevents you from even trying to understand mine.

If I say that I have found love, why do you consider my religion any less valid than yours? I am not exulting myself above you in anyway. The unknown is the unknown.

But love is known and that is what makes love the truth apart from religion.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I have my own question to ask. Why did you bother making this post when you already know the answer?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

. . . the arrogance that comes from people insisting that your path is wrong while theirs is the correct one (and ONLY correct one, at that). It's such a strange thing. Not only do they expect you to respect their religion but they will insist that you are going to hell at the same time.
That's your description, arrogance. How would you describe what it takes to make a judgment like that yourself?

I guess where my disconnect is and where I just can't relate is the absolutism about the whole thing.
Maybe it has to do with whether you believe in any absolutes.

I mean, I believe what I do and part of my belief is to support others in theirs.
Not everyone has a belief that is supportable. If you hold particular values and you are looking at something that goes against that, then you should not support that belief system.

When a person confronts me about religion I am never the detractor. Never the one who tries to pull them away from their beliefs. I may question the ethics behind some of the doctrines people adhere to but I don't like to tell them it's false.
You need to grasp the concept of tough love.

My kind has always been accused of making others "back slide" or question their own faith so I like to play the opposite role to a fault just to lose the stigma. Quite the contrary, I fully endorse any person's beliefs if they provide them with spiritual food and enlightenment.
Right, but you should realize that you are then making a judgment.

So really... why the condemnation?
Most of the time it is not necessary but there are some times when it is. For example, there are people who for whatever reason, belong to a cult, and they end up buying into its doctrine in order to get along with those they see as their peers, but what it teaches is actually a form of antisocial thinking against anyone perceived as being not of "your group".

Why the need to remind others of their place of torment created by your god?
If you actually believe in such a thing, you may have concern for those who may end up in that situation. What should make you seriously reevaluate your own prospects in that regard is if you find yourself actually wishing it on anyone. That sort of thing caused me to reject the Gospel of Luke from my personal New Testament canon.

Do you realize that those words are hollow to the rest of us?
Whoever it is that you are talking about, they need to get a better focus on what they think they believe in and leave off what parts are not supportable but are just pop culture junk.

They mean nothing to those outside your circle.
Those 'torment' believers need to adapt their teaching to be applicable to any religious orientation of who they may be attempting to teach it to.

You would do better to lead by example and show others how wonderful the adherents of various religions can be (I know they can be).
They need to demonstrate those same traits that they demand of others.

- Do you believe that your way is the only right way?
Of course, otherwise why would I believe it? Everyone should examine themselves as to why they believe something and to be alarmed if it is because 'everyone else' does.

- If yes, why do you believe that your way is the only way?
There should be some core to your belief that is absolutely true, where to think otherwise would be just wrong.
edit on 8-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join