It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Privacy Invasions 'Modest Encroachments'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by XPLodER

does any one here realise this was set up 7 years ago,
under bush jr?

You are aware that Barack Obama is over 4 years as the President and into his second term at this point, right?

yes i understand he is on his second 4 year term,

Who started this is interesting for context but if Obama doesn't own his own programs after he's started his SECOND term, are we simply saying the Government is too big for him to handle?

its not just reference, you avoid the point this was done by a republican.
yet you scream at obama, where was your outrage when it passed?

If so, was Bush that better a man than he, to be assumed to have that control and blame for everything Obama doesn't?

tough job he has,

What's rather foolish, in my view, is blaming the last guy in any way that even begins to suggest a pass for the current guy..into his FIFTH YEAR of running the very same programs at expanded levels. Bush may well have things to answer for....but over 4 years of down payments means Obama owns this baby, IMO. Obama alone. No one else.

not even the man that CREATED the spying program?

That would be why we're all kinda looking at where the buck stops, because Obama is the top and he is the current Commander and Chief. If control isn't his, then whose is it? There isn't anyone else around to claim it, that's for sure.

the congress passes the legislation that makes this happen,
why single out obama,
oh the congress is republican, that means you wont look there for reasons why this still exists,

i am no obama supporter, but your kinda looking at this like the right have their hands free of blame

xploder

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

I wondered what angle the Obama fans/ apologists would take. So Obama expanding programs that you same people screamed bloody murder about when Bush jr was doing it makes it OK?

i am a privacy advocate, i design privacy tools, why would i defend spying on innocent people?
apologists, please try again that is the worst ad hom attack i have seen

This is why we need a real, viable 3rd political party in the country, one reserved for those of us who don't see this as some kind of "team sport" where we ignore the failures of our side even when they are identical to the failures of the other.

agreed, two parts of the same wolf.

What this really should be for people is yet another prime example of the fallacy of our current political party system. It doesn't matter which "team" you vote for, the only agenda they are following is being laid out by people who see you as fools to be manipulated and controlled.

spying was continued under both parties

People need to start using what few rights they have left and try to work within the system to effect true reforms. Otherwise our own laziness and apathy will result in the last option to save liberty being violence because when we had a chance to do it peacefully no one could be bothered to do so.

History repeats itself. The reason governments fall to dictatorships and men like Hitler advance their causes are due to one simple fact, most humans will not grow a spine until their back is against the wall (and by then it's most often too late). Cowardice allows a great deal of evil to thrive in this World.

occupy was our last good chance at change.

xploder

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Modest or not its plain and simple against everything this
country stands for, if i were modest in a bank robbery and
only took half the cash im sure they understand right?
after all they don't need ALL of their cash ALL of the time,
its for their own good you see, i plan to invest that money
and then return what ive stolen when my modest encroachment
pays off for me and mine, the bank will have higher financial
security that way because can we really trust them with
that money? i mean really? with all the bankers that break
laws and abuse their positions i just think its safer if
i make a modest encroachment on their money.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
Telephone conversations have been electronically scanned and recorded since the 1960s.... Certain phrases or words would be picked up during a conversation and then the lines would be monitored... I have had a feeling that my phone calls have been listened in on for decades.

Yea this current deal is about coming out of the closet as it were. There has never been a communication system used by the public that has not been monitored by someone. When they laid down the first transatlantic cable, teletype, you name it, someone has been listening. The truth is that PTB cant run the world if there were such things as private communications between citizens involved in commerce ect.

As far as monitoring phone numbers only and not content.....well that needs more explanation. Think about it, what does that mean? As long as you or I don't call or take a call from a number on the watch list then we are ok? So they would already know who the bad guys are anyway?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Sorry...weak response.
Is THAT the best you can do ?

reply to post by XPLodER

Sorry...weak response.

It's ALL coming out now.

Obama Inc.'s BeeEss is exposed more and more by the day.

We were all warned during the 2008 campaign.

S-O-R-R-Y

old songs never die !!

"Kathy Kirby Who's Sorry Now "

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

what point out the fact that the right is just as much to blame?

you dont like facts?

xploder

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by xuenchen

what point out the fact that the right is just as much to blame?

you dont like facts?

xploder

Wrong again my friend....

The Lefty Congress with Obama had plenty of opportunities to quell this BeeEss withing His first 2 years in office.

Plus, why didn't Obama simply use a few Executive Orrderzzz ?

The current Left administration is 100% corrupt plain and simple.

The current garbage out does anything and everything the Right has EVER done in history.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

link   

link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by andrewmanning

somebody's L-I-S-T-E-N-I-N-G

Sounds like an ad from the White House !!

Valerie Jarrett is that really YOU ?

Right up Obama's alley all right

All fake

But then again, it's only a "Modest" I.D.

edit on Jun-08-2013 by xuenchen because:

edit on Jun-08-2013 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

That quote is actually from Benjamin Franklin, not Jefferson.

That said, any reasonably intelligent and observant person should have seen this type of situation coming since Nixon was in office. I have never trusted the government to keep my best interests in mind. That is not what a bureaucracy does, the primary purpose of a bureaucracy is to protect itself.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I get what you are saying here, but the blame spreads one hell of a lot farther then Obama or Dubya, illicit monitoring and recording of phone systems has been going on since we had central switchboards. "Secret" court orders to spy on American citizens have been issued since the 1930's, probably sooner.

The excuse has always been for 'national defence' or to secure our borders against some type of aggressor, but don't fool yourself. It has always been to expand the government's control of it's citizens. After all, they know what's best for us better than we do ourselves, right?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Now here's even more lies by the President of the United States of all people !!

On Friday morning, President Barack Obama defended his administration’s massive telephone records surveillance programs by explaining that “every member of Congress has been briefed on this program.”

There’s only one problem: both Republican and Democrat Congresspeople say that isn’t true. On Friday afternoon, the press office for Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI), one of the authors of the Patriot Act, tweeted, “Obama’s claim that ‘every Member of Congress’ was briefed is FALSE.”

the story and a clearer video....

'FALSE': Congress Denies Obama Claim 'Every Member' Briefed on Surveillance

Obama is REALLY getting "toasty" isn't He ?

OH wait.....it's all irrelevant and a simple slip of the tongue
(yeah right)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join