It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Privacy Invasions 'Modest Encroachments'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Yes here He goes again

Always trying to calm the waves.

Fumbling excuses are common and go hand in hand with failure.

As usual, Obama is attempting to distance Himself from blame.

This isn't working too well is it Barack ?

On Friday, President Barack Obama defended secret programs to monitor Americans’ phone calls, emails, and other internet activities, labeling them “modest encroachments” on privacy. “In the abstract, you can complain about Big Brother, and how this is a potential program run amok,” Obama said. “But when you actually look at the details, then I think we’ve struck the right balance.”...................................

More wisdom from 'Duh Leedaa

Speaking in northern California on Friday to address Obamacare, President Obama instead launched into a tirade about recent reports regarding government surveillance of everything from phone records to credit card statements to internet chats. Obama noted that Congress had been informed of the programs at issue, and said that “the relevant intelligence committees are fully briefed on these programs.” He called reports on the programs “hype.” Then he got to the meat of the issue:

When it comes to telephone calls, nobody is listening to your telephone calls. That's not what this program is about. ... What the intelligence is doing is looking at phone numbers, and durations of calls; they are not looking at people's names and they're not looking at content. ... If the intelligence committee actually wants to listen to a phone call they have to go back to a federal judge, just like they would in a criminal investigation.

Obama: 'Nobody Is Listening To Your Telephone Calls'

During his speech in San Jose, California on Friday, President Obama took one question from the press on national security monitoring of Americans. Without any sense of irony whatsoever in the aftermath of the IRS’ targeting of conservatives, the administration’s stonewalling on Benghazi, the Department of Justice’s targeting of reporters, the Department of Health and Human Services’ leveraging of private organizations for Obamacare public relations cash, and the Environmental Protection Agency’s secret email addresses, Obama unloaded this line:

If people can’t trust not only the executive branch but also don’t trust Congress, and don’t trust federal judges, to make sure that we’re abiding by the Constitution with due process and rule of law, then we’re going to have some problems here.

Obama: If People 'Can't Trust' Government, 'We're Going to Have Some Problems Here'

I think we need to listen and 'hear the opposite' of what He says !!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This is about as modest as a $20 hooker during Fleet Week.

I'll have nightmares considering what he'd term as abuse.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The US federal government does nothing 'modest'

When the government does something it's like setting of a nuke to kill an ant, and they care little for the collateral damage.

All that spying?

You, me, are just collateral damage even if your doing nothing wrong they don't care.

Modest 'encroachment' that's laughable.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Understatement Awards.

In 3rd Place.
"I'm just looking for a parking space."
-Hitler, on the 1939 invasion of Poland

In 2nd Place
"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"
-Katie Couric, Washington DC, 1865

In 1st Place
"These are just modest encroachments".
-Obama, in reference to the governrment storing and listening to all phone calls, internet traffic domestically, thereby breaking all privacy laws in one fell swoop.
edit on 7-6-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
and people wonder why us Americans want to keep our guns.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The liberals will be on shortly to tell us why this is perfectly acceptable and why you guys are racists for opposing it.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If Obama views it as a 'modest encroachment', then he shouldn't mind if I get a peek at all of his emails.

Yup, okay Obama.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I read this earlier today. Pfffffft.

I remember back in the day when they were justifying the Patriot Act and how they stated repeatedly on every msm station for everyone to chill out and it would NEVER be used on Americans.

That has turned into "modest" encroachments to protect us from all the terrorist attacks that take place in our country on a daily basis.

It was alway intended to be used against the civilian population. That was one of the purposes of the shadow government op that was 9-11
edit on 7-6-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-6-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I remember back in the day when they were justifying the Patriot Act and how it would NEVER be used on Americans.

They still are using the "patriot act argument' for the gun control issue 'if your not a 'terrorist' you have nothing to worry about, just the 'government looking out for us'.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-Jefferson

He was right

Sad thing is that none of us US citizens had a say in any of this.
we never have a say in #. it is utter BS

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
If Obama views it as a 'modest encroachment', then he shouldn't mind if I get a peek at all of his emails.

Yup, okay Obama.

And how 'bout those golden college transcripts too !!

All two pages of them

I wonder how many email names Obama uses ?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I hope some one in the WH or a friend fills the president on the definition of the word 'modest'.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Somebody should have slapped the crock with this video played on loud speakers when he was talking about Modest Encroachments

Obama in 2007: No more spying on citizens who are not suspected of a crime

www.youtube.com...

Impeach the piece of crap.

Obama (2007): "That means no more illegal wiretapping of American citizens. No more national security letters to spy on citizens who are not suspected of a crime.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well how about some "modest" looks at your birth records, college records, school records, community organizing and ACORN records then Mr. President?

Doh!........I forgot it's only "modest" when it's us lowly peasants that are being scrutinized. When it's the POTUS and his associates then it's racist. Sorry Mr. President I momentarily forgot my place in your Empire of Lies.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Thank you , thank you and more Thanks, yes it seems that when it comes to "them" (the elite in charge) and "us" the common hard worker tax payer), we are nothing but pesky a vermin that needs to be dealt with, necessarily but pesky.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The US Constitution does not crystallize on many things... which is why today we can have our rights and freedoms shredded along with that document. But to be absolutely sure, it was designed to favor the people and NOT the government... which leads to questions of how this little fact has gotten flip-flopped onto its ear and dragged around like a piece of road kill.

First there was Dubya Bush and the Patriot Act. The knife went in and our elected representation welcomed the bloody violation. Now we have various agencies under Obama basically raping the people of even the smallest amounts of privacy and respect... to then call the moment, a 'modest encroachment'.

Eventually, the blindly loyal political gladiators will finally raise their visors and see what they've been wasting their time for... left, right, red, blue... all while those they defended were ripping to pieces the single most important document in the history of any country in human history.

Modest Encroachments? When it comes to the liberty so many fought and died to preserves, any encroachment is wrong... and when it comes from those sworn to uphold and protect it, it borders on criminality.
edit on 7-6-2013 by redoubt because: edit

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

This bring me to say this, 3 members of my family have died serving this nation, protecting our freedoms, since world war II, Korea and Vietnam, and many more have served this country until modern days, I am a military brad, married within the military and so my children were born in the military, how dare the corruption in power offend me, my family and the memories of those that died for this country with such a stupid and moronic commente on "Modest Encroachments" Despicable and offending to say the least.

And Americans that have served this country and have family members that have served this country should be feeling like this.

Obviously the enemy is not far and away is always been within our own political system plotting against us.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think that this should be re-read by many, remembered and learned from.

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.” - Marcus Tullius Cicero

Why are we headed down Romes path when we all know the outcome?

Becauase we are led by fools and useful idiots. And the majority believe them.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

That is some impressive post, I saluted you.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Definition of ENCROACH

1 : to enter by gradual steps or by stealth into the possessions or rights of another
2 : to advance beyond the usual or proper limits

www.merriam-webster.com...

Something doesn't seem right about putting the words "modest" and "encroachment" together. Since when is criminal activity modest? Brainwashing U.S.A. with Bull Manure 101.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join