It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Co-hosts of radio show 'The Pursuit of Happiness' committed suicide

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Most often it was because a spouse left

ie. Concern for one's self and one's own happiness instead of others.

You know if your wife leaves you there are some good looking prostitutes in Bangkok and Amsterdam.

The heck with commitment and strings attached.

Get the sex, then leave!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Fear can be a powerful motivator. It can bring out the best and worse in us.
I'm not sure if you realized exactly what I meant. I was referring to the fear of a failed attempt.

Personally, I think that particular fear is a big part of the reason why so many people over the years have chosen to use the Golden Gate Bridge. Even if the impact itself doesn't finish the job, you will still most likely be knocked unconscious and sink, followed by being sucked out to sea by the current.

on a side note......

reply to post by smyleegrl

Have you ever watched 'The Bridge'?

Due to this specific subject matter, I wouldn't actually say that it's a 'good' documentary, but I will say this much: I watched it only once a few months ago, and have been wanting to watch it again ever since.

Apparently, I can't link directly to them, but I do feel that the reviews are accurate. It's definitely interesting, and worth watching. At the very least, check out the website.

edit on 6/6/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula

Get the sex, then leave!

It is true that you can leave the sex behind, but if that sex happens to be accompanied by a disease, you're just gonna have to take that back home along with the rest of your luggage.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
When a person has lost someone through bereavement then they feel alone and want to be with them. They don't want to live without that person and I think its not being a cowered to kill yourself. I am alone and I have decided to not be on this earth when my parents die. My sister has her family now and I will have no one. Do you feel that I'm being pathetic or selfish?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It is the weirdest week for the buzzword suicide to come around. A season of darkness for the country, or is there a conspiracy to sell more prescription medication?

I think I am going to blame the lack of sunspots on the sun for the dark wave in the news. They plant a weed seed and it grows and challenges the good works of society. The planet Saturn may have a cosmic influence too, and watch out for those stars because some of them are signs of unpleasant events.

It seems to be last year around the same time there was darkness looming. Like the devils of society got kicked from their hosts and they travel to find new places. Maybe there are a bunch of religious people fasting somewhere or something, casting out their demons.

If you have ever felt the suicide you must realize sometimes it is not yours, but a cloud that broke from someone else and is parasiting you. Sometimes you didn't do anything to feel that way. Evil really has a form and can travel and harass people into madness. It has to be rejected when it comes around.

So two radio people got the headlines or who died. Now to find the origin of the evil. A psychotherapist's audience.

Don't let these stories subliminally stick. But it has been three in a row so what is going on ATS?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

You're out of your damn mind...that was an attempt from myself to summarize the general jist of your post suggesting that I had no idea what they were going through not an admission that I have never been through it

Here's exactly what you said & I'm sorry I didn't make it clear enough for you to get it - maybe I should have used quotation marks or something:

But Id bet that no one on this board who talks like you do so flippantly and... almost smugly, about it, has ever had any real mental torment; crushing depression, any panic disorder that never goes away, a mental/physical wasting disease like MS, felt true despair for any reason, etc.

Back off buddy - you have your opinion & I have mine & you know nothing about me
edit on 6-6-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
One word:
Lame.
I'm sorry to any relatives on here who may find my comment insensitive, but a life coach that can't deal with life is just sorry and lame. They aren't the only ones either. I've always heard a lot of talk about psychologists and therapists being often depressed themselves.

Remember that San Antonian psychiatrist that was found bound, mutilated, and strangled in someone's trunk? Cops thought it was foul play, but went with Suicide in the end. Of course the wife fought the decision, but still the Cop's decision in that case says a lot about psychiatry and psychology in general.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Remember that San Antonian psychiatrist that was found bound, mutilated, and strangled in someone's trunk? Cops thought it was foul play, but went with Suicide in the end. Of course the wife fought the decision, but still the Cop's decision in that case says a lot about psychiatry and psychology in general.
reply to post by iamusic

I have never heard of this...did the cops say why they ruled it suicide?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Maybe those "dreams" were unrealistic.

Too often today I see 26 year old couples with a brand new house, 2 new cars, a camper, boat and a Harley.

Consumerism has destroyed an entire generation.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

You are alone at the moment...doesn't mean you will be alone for ever you know.
I know how you feel all I have at the moment is my Mother, a couple of ex wives and a son who I only found out existed a few years back but he is an American with a mother and father so he doesn't want to know me.
But I know that will change, Iam to much of a great guy to be alone for ever

But think maybe your sister will need you more when your parents are gone, your neices and nephews will still want a auntie. You will be missed by people.
edit on 7-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
deleted wrong thread...
edit on 7-6-2013 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
You know this hits close to home for me, my cousin killed herself the same way several years ago. I was working on a fire dept shift that day and i got there right after the police found her. And the people that say it is a painless way to go that doesnt cause panic are mistaken, if you would have seen her body and the way she was laying said just the opposite. I will never forget the way she was laying and the look on her face, it haunts me.

And those of you who say its cowardly, shameful, and so on obviously havent been sick and mentally unstable to the point you feel so alone that you feel there is no other option. She only lived a few miles away from me and none of our family knew how bad she felt inside. Could i have stopped it if I had paid more attention? maybe but everything seemed normal then one day she was gone. Maybe i could have gone and seen her more but i doubt that would have changed anything. Sometimes your mind gets made up that its the only option and nothing short being locked away will stop it.

I have been there, since i got out of the Navy there have been a few times I put a gun to my head just wanting to stop the craziness inside my brain. But the only thing that stopped me was a good friend who walked in on me and saved my life. Depression and feeling alone does terrible things to people and sometimes its just by chance they are saved. so those of you who claim cowardice, try having a little compassion for those who feel like they have no other options left.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I must say, I disagree wholeheartedly with this comment. Myself and my wife lost a close friend to suicide 6 months ago. She had been dealing with severe depression for a long time. She was absolutely petrified leaving the house. She could not even make it to our wedding reception. She had a fantastic job, a fantastic long term partner, and a large, loving family. One thing it taught me was that this opinion that suicide is always the 'cowards way out' is absolute bull. Whatever she feared, she feared with all her heart. It destroyed her, over the course of years. As a christian, to be able to take her own life - knowing its a terrible sin, and therefore having absolutely no idea what will become of her soul as a direct result - cannot be cowardly, I mean come on. That just cannot be cowardly.

Unfortunately, due to the nature of her depression, it must have been viewed as 'the only way out'.

Also, 'A permanent solution to a temporary problem' is something all of us want. If we had a temporary solution to a temporary problem, then the problem would keep recurring. I did not understand this point.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

reply to post by iamusic

I have never heard of this...did the cops say why they ruled it suicide?

They thought the wounds were self inflicted, and said he had a history of depression.
I can't find the story now, but if I could I would attach it to this thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

You are alone at the moment...doesn't mean you will be alone for ever you know.
I know how you feel all I have at the moment is my Mother, a couple of ex wives and a son who I only found out existed a few years back but he is an American with a mother and father so he doesn't want to know me.
But I know that will change, Iam to much of a great guy to be alone for ever

But think maybe your sister will need you more when your parents are gone, your neices and nephews will still want a auntie. You will be missed by people.
edit on 7-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Thanks boymonkey for your message. I wish you well too. My nieces all love me and I love them all but they are 4 hours away from me. When my parents leave this earth I am truly alone. And when xmas comes well it'll be a very sad time for me.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
reply to post by Unity_99

Brooklyn has a minor rat problem but just a tiny one.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

What does a oversized rat have to do with this couple being "suicided"? If they revealed truth, they're shining light and therefore good, and only the dark hats are acting like rats, who have any problem with positive, abundance, equality, truth. They need to be sent to massive counseling.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
reply to post by jheherrin

To be completely fair, I feel a bit differently about the concept of euthanasia
I can see where there truly could be a point where continuing to live does nothing but burden your loved ones & in cases like that it could be considered to almost be compassionate in a way
So, it's ok to commit suicide if you're ill?

When will people realise DEPRESSION IS AN ILLNESS!!

It's the illness of depression that kills them, suicide is just a symptom.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
Sigh, I don't even know why I am getting involved. Anyways, it seems all the defenders of the suicidal use anecdotal evidence, and make comments like "You never know unless you are in their shoes". There are plenty of persons whom were "in their shoes" that opted not to commit suicide, therefore the situations themselves are irrelavent. The real problem is that many people fail to see how sacred human life is. CS Lewis said you are not a body with a soul, but a soul with a body. Your life is not yours to take, you are accountable to the One that created you.
"So how can anybody say they know how I feel, When they are they, and only I am I." - Morrissey

"Stop saying "I know how you feel" How could anyone know how another feels?" - Nightwish

How can you even begin to measure the pain some people are going through? Who are you to judge them?

No two cases are EVER the same simply because no two people think the same or feel the same, so those that "survived" obviously didn't feel the pain as much as those that went through it... simple logic.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Most of my career as a nurse has been in behavioral health, mostly because I'm a 6 foot 1 man with a military background, but I dislike wearing nursing uniforms so it was an easy choice for me,

One thing I learned fairly quickly was that a large number of my coworkers were mentally ill. We had histrionics, self cutters, passive aggressives, the whole shebang.

So I looked at other nursing specialties, nurses who liked babies worked in OB, nurses who liked kids worked in pediatrics, etc.

It got really interesting when I started picking up shifts at another hospital about an hour away, on three occasions I ended up with coworkers as patients.

I have a feeling that self help guru's are pretty much the same way, just trying to gain insight into their own woes.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
This is horrible, just horrible.
Were they terminally ill?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join