It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astonishing picture of baby born inside amniotic sac in ultra rare phenomenon.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think that this is just amazing

This is the incredible rare moment a baby was born still inside its amniotic sac.

Greek doctor Dr Aris Tsigris posted the picture on Facebook after delivering the baby via caesarean section in Athens. Dr Tsigris said that because the baby was still encased in the sac it would not have even realised it had been born. During the early stages of labour, the amniotic sac breaks, which is commonly referred to as a mother's "water breaking". Dr Tsigris said he was left "breathless" by the "ultra rare" moment and added that there was no risk to the baby as it was still getting food from the placenta. As soon as the sac was broken the baby started breathing on its own.

Apparently in medieval times this was considered an omen that the child was destined for greatness :-)

Oh and if wikipedia is to be believed, Napoleon was born this way :-)

Link

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Looks a bit like a tadpole egg thingy.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tribunal

Looks a bit like a tadpole egg thingy.

More like Aliens, lol.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Looks like a cesarean birth by the picture, I wonder what made them go in before the waters broke. If it is cesarean is it as rare as the article makes out?

Still an amazing pic none the less.

Edit, i see it was Caesarian.

As soon as the sac was broken the baby started breathing on its own.

If the baby didn't know it had been born, and breaking the waters started the baby breathing, leaves me wondering how babies know to hold their breath after the waters break, until they know they have been born.

Damn, ats makes me question everything.

edit on 5-6-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Amazingly beautiful...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Looks like when my dog had puppies.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I was born like that, even when my mother amniotic bag was broken I was born still covered in a second membrane that the doctor had to brake after after birth.

The a baby is surrounded by two membranes one is call the "amnion" and contains the fluid and the fetus and the outer membrane is the "clarion" that contain parts of the plancenta and the amnion.

I was still inside the amnion

In my country is call been born in a surron, I don't know where that word came from but that is what the old midwives call it and it seems to be linked with spiritualism and inside in other words been born with some abilities.

But this all folklore.

The picture is really neat.

edit on 5-6-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Is that bag the same thing old time sailors used to have on a ship for good luck?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I was born like that, even when my mother amniotic bag was broken I was born still covered in a second membrane that the doctor had to brake after after birth.

The a baby is surrounded by two membranes one is call the "amnion" and contains the fluid and the fetus and the outer membrane is the "clarion" that contain parts of the plancenta and the amnion.

I was still inside the amnion

In my country is call been born in a surron, I don't know where that word came from but that is what the old midwifes call it and it seems to be linked with spiritualism and inside in other words been born with some abilities.

But this all folklore.

The picture is really neat.

That is very cool

I was just reading on wiki about the different types,

There are two types of caul membranes, and there are four ways such cauls can appear.

The most common caul type is a piece of the thin, translucent inner lining of the amnion which breaks away and forms tightly against the head during the birthing process. “Infrequently, in past ages as now, a baby is born with a thin, translucent tissue, a fragment of the amniotic membrane, covering its head. The remnant is known as a caul."[2] Such a caul typically clings to the head and face, but on rarer occasions drapes over the head and partly down the torso.

The lesser common (unknown) type of caul tissue is adhered to the face and head by attachment points and is looped behind the ears, making the removal process more complex.

In extremely rare cases, the thicker caul encases the infant's entire body, resembling a cocoon.

The rarest caul type is a thick, soft membrane of unknown tissue type, which presumably forms against the infant's head during gestation. "Cornelius Gemma, a sixteenth century physician ... described it quaintly as being '... the remnant of another membrane, much softer than the amnion, but nevertheless more solid.

link

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

yeah I read that somewhere aswel. It was believed to protect the sailors from drowning.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Back in old times this type of birth were used as "omens" to tell on the babies future as a reading, the color of the placenta, how the baby was born any birth marks and so on.

Now a days people do not pay attention at this things as birth is just a normal hospital occurence that is part of life and science pretty much explains it all.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

That is soooooooooooo gross!!!!!

Y did I click on this?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

noooooo lol, it is not gross! It is amazing! It blew me away.

I dont have children but maybe its a woman thing?

edit on 5-6-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If Kim Kardashian were to see it she would start salivating and want to eat it!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Incredible!
S&F!

Looks cramped in there..

My missus gave birth to my second son 13 weeks ago tomorrow.

Let me tell ya, if he came out like that i'd be freaking out!

Truly amazing, thanks

edit on 5/6/2013 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Amazingly beautiful...
NAMASTE*******

i would like to say the same but...im sorry with all the blood and everything and the movie aliens with the eggs hatching going into my head it makes it complicated for me

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
I think that this is just amazing

This is the incredible rare moment a baby was born still inside its amniotic sac.

Greek doctor Dr Aris Tsigris posted the picture on Facebook after delivering the baby via caesarean section in Athens. Dr Tsigris said that because the baby was still encased in the sac it would not have even realised it had been born. During the early stages of labour, the amniotic sac breaks, which is commonly referred to as a mother's "water breaking". Dr Tsigris said he was left "breathless" by the "ultra rare" moment and added that there was no risk to the baby as it was still getting food from the placenta. As soon as the sac was broken the baby started breathing on its own.

Apparently in medieval times this was considered an omen that the child was destined for greatness :-)

Oh and if wikipedia is to be believed, Napoleon was born this way :-)

Link

My 8 year old son was born naturally still in the sack. It was a weird feeling because I found that my brain didn't 'compute' that it was a baby in there until the midwife split it open. (..and yes I know how odd that sounds...but hey you had to be there I guess). He was also born blue as a smurf after the cord being caught round his neck during birth and his his heart wasn't beating.... he eventually 'came around' after being rubbed very hard with a very rough (almost like sandpaper) towel by myself, my wife and the midwife.

Oddly enough my daughter (now 4) would have also been born in the sack if the midwife had not split it during the birth with a scalpel. Even odder...my mother insists I was also born in the sack as well... obviously I cant verify that but it would seem to indicate it possibly can travel along a family line????

Wayne...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tlexlapoca
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Amazingly beautiful...
NAMASTE*******

i would like to say the same but...im sorry with all the blood and everything and the movie aliens with the eggs hatching going into my head it makes it complicated for me

1 can understand but me being a father of 2 and was present in the or during both c sections. I guess you have to experience the moment to oversee the bio materials which you speak ill you a bit... to see the beauty of what it took to get here from point of acknowledgment... to first air..

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by billy565

noooooo lol, it is not gross! It is amazing! It blew me away.

I dont have children but maybe its a woman thing?

edit on 5-6-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

I'm a woman who is still recovering from her high school birthing video: I looked up from my feverish doodling of cartoon characters to catch what appeared to be a purple tumor inching its way out of a very hairy situation while a scalpel sliced a gash into the hairy part. I still don't get the beautiful part of that. Nope.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Oh well please never ever watch the UK show 'One Born Every Minute'

It nearly put me off ever having children.

It be's on once a week, shows camera's inside various maternity wards and the women's childbirth journeys, it shows absolutely everything. The screaming alone is enough to put someone off lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join