It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayhem in the city: 25 people shot in 48 hours

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thank God they have those gun laws there to protect people.

I bet if it weren't for that, it would be 100 people shot in 48 hours.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Care to bet it's the first truly hot weekend weather-wise there?
That's usually when everyone goes out, tempers flare and gang rivalries begin to bloom.
Things will settle down until the next full moon at least.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

These are inner city crimes. A lot of people in this environment deal with psychological issues that are never addressed. Poverty, drugs, etc also intensify these issues, and then you add firearms to the mix and psychotic episodes occur.

To say that keeping these individuals busy would help to quell the murders is an oversimplification.

The worse these conditions become, the more bloodshed you'll see.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
living in such an environment can cause insanity.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Thanks for the heads up! I am from MI originally, having spent most of my life in the Detroit suburbs, and in Grand Rapids. I am going to be staying in Vail for a while, and then most likely will end up in Casa Grande, as that is where I will most likely find employment.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by olaru12

Like hell.
You think just because we have warriors we are ONLY warriors?
Do you think American warriors are one trick ponies?
I graduate from the Art Institutes next year with a BA,isn't art considered "sissy" NOBODY at school is afraid of me and they don't call ME sissy.
Your OPINION requires tweaking for accuracy.

I think if you would read my post carefully; I did say it was a broad generalization.

Gook luck in the art world! I have retired as a professional artist/designer/craftsman after 25 years to pursue a second career in TV and Film and I confess as to participating in the degeneration of American culture; but I still have to make a living and I very much enjoy the film making process; as a SAG-AFTRA actor, IATSE crew, and 2ndAD, DP
edit on 3-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I am so scared to try this at 52.I don't want fame or fortune I just want to work in art.And these PROGRAMS,whoever created MAYA must be either a masochist or a sadist.It's my own fault for choosing this field and not being that computer literate.But I've done it before.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Gang violence is nothing new. Its been going on forever and will go on forever.

I blame music and hate groups for the crazyness today though. How many thugs do you see in old pictures? None. How many white people do you see pretending to be thugs after the 90s and the eminem days? Too many. There are a lot of people out there who feel alone because a group of people wouldn't accept them, bullied or just too poor to 'be cool' and 'fit in so they resort to gangs to finally have friends and be accepted. Why should they care if they ruin your day when they feel their lives have been ruined by people 'like you' and its them against the world.

but maybe a few hundred years ago they had music about robbing people with swords with a gang of archers

edit on 3-6-2013 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

for some reason this thread reminds me of this song.

But i agree i think its gonna long summer. were im at stabbings are up and i hear gunshots every night and we are relitivey small compared to the big city

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Oh yes.

I have been trying to get the word out about Fascist LEO's "when in doubt take them out" mentality and it's a open joke. Laughing, wink-wink etc.

White authoritarians seem very confident fascism won't touch them. I wonder if this was the mindset in Germany 1933.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I don't know that it can be blamed on heat. I live in central America a good part of each year and in comparison I think it is safer there( not Mexico or Honduras ) maybe it is because people are not properly climatized in the states. I know let's blame the AC we have grown accustomed to here. Damn AC keeping us from climatizing that has to be it.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There is an absolutely corollary between gun restriction and violent criminal activity.

And this is just one example of MANY examples.

It takes (only) a simple scientific analysis of statistical data to show that gun restricted
American communities have a MUCH HIGHER incidence of crime and murder.

And the inverse is true as well. Heavily armed American communities have THE LEAST crime
and murder.

An armed society is a polite society

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Sadly, I don't think this is anything new, and we hardly need reasons for why evil exist anywhere. I suspect if you look up any major metropolitan area in the world you will find similar statistics weekly. Gun laws do absolutely nothing to keep guns from criminals, if anything they only make it harder for law abiding citizens to defend themselves. Personally, I wish guns were never needed, but killing will happen regardless. Evil is evil, no matter how you slice it.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
They need to start treating gangsters like terrorists. Really that is what they are.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

Well, with all respect, this is quite unsusual for a killing spree in sheer numbers, 25 extrapolated out to a yearly rate would top 4,500 people dead in one city. That is just unheard of and this won't carry all year, I;m sure... (God, I'd hope not) but it makes the point of how extreme 2 dozen are in 2 days.

It's not shocking to me or anyone else who has been watching national events, IMO. The Nation is hurting. BAD. People are hungry and it's getting worse...while recent stories have talked about actually throwing people off food stamps at this moment, of all times, as well as short changing other benefits. We don't have welfare queens today as much as a whole underclass of people that live and die by those benefits, for lack of meaningful ways of making a living by other methods in too many cases.

I hope it doesn't get worse, but I can't see avoiding it, either. Muzzlebreak's thread earlier about anecdotal evidence showing a 2,900% increase in just one medication price tag. It's crushing pressure and damn painful at that, from many directions at once....and no let up. Only getting worse, almost daily. It's like the leadership is TRYING to push the population to a breaking point.

It's working, unfortunately.
edit on 3-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

You know, in Quebec right now there's a big state commission about corruption at all levels of politics, tons of people involved, linked to the mafia. State and city level. Last week we had the mayor of Vancouver, Rob Ford, accused of doing crack coc aine and more importantly, his whole entourage comes from the drug trade, his brother included. When Rob Ford got elected he brought all his friends with him and got them jobs. Laval, a big city right next to Montreal is being investigated by Quebec for corruption and any decision Laval wants to take needs to be approved by the province.

Organized crime IS working hand in hand with some politicians. Remember the US control part of the drug trade. Now if there's an agenda for gun control, the right call could be made and next thing you know some gangs are encouraged to kill and use their gun.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Here is a list of reasons why criminals do what they do best:

HEREDITY
GENETICS
ADDICTION IN ONE OR BOTH PARENTS
LEARNED BEHAVIOR
CRIMINAL PERSONALITY
GENETIC PREDISPOSITION
PTSD POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER
CISS CRITICAL INCIDENT STRESS SYNDROME
PHYSICAL ABUSE
EMOTIONAL ABUSE
SEXUAL ABUSE
MENTAL ABUSE
EMOTIONAL DISCONTROL
EMOTIONAL IMMATURITY
BEHAVIORAL DISORDER
INSUFFICIENT INADEQUATE PARENTING
INSUFFICIENT EGO DEVELOPMENT
COPING MECHANISM
BOREDOM
LONELINESS
POVERTY
ETHNICITY
LOW SELF CONFIDENCE
LOW SELF ESTEEM
ADD ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER
ADHD ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER
MINORITIES
INSUFFICIENT EDUCATION
INSUFFICIENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
INADEQUATE COPING SKILLS
STRESS
SOCIAL CONDITIONING
DSYLEXIA
AUTISM
ABANDONMENT
PEER PRESSURE
INABILITY TO SAY NO TO PEER PRESSURE
PERSONALITY DISORDERS
ANTISOCIAL
AVOIDANT
BORDERLINE
DEPENDENT
HISTRIONIC
MULTIPLE
NARCISSIATIC
PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE
OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE
ORGANIC
PARANOID
SADISTIC
SCHIZOID
SELF DEFEATING
SCHIZOTYPAL
NEUROTRANSMITTERS
CHEMICAL IMBALANCE
HIJACKED BRAIN
LIZARD BRAIN
BRAIN CHEMISTRY

What this amounts to is shifting of responsibility from self to others.

You must understand the difference between contribe and cause.
It is the same diffefence as exists between involved and committed.

For a breakfast of bacon and eggs, the chicken is involved, the pig committed.

Contributing is not the same as cause.
The cause for criminal behavior and criminal activity is that the criminal chose to do the crime.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I guess I was referring more to overall killings, not all are documented and not all are because of bullets. Evil sucks period though, right? I mean even 1 killing is bad enough, right?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

STUPIDITY>>>number 1 reason.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
reply to post by olaru12

Dont forget the music!. These guys just love the gangsta rap. I downloaded Rick Ross's album, because hes at the top in that area and the guys here listen to him ALL the time so I wanted to check it out....Disgusting. They really believe that what they hear is their lifestyle, from the guns to drugs, women smh

Rick Ross was a police officer, and he raps about gangs, if you want good hip hop with positive messages,

Try Mos Def aka Yasiin Bey, Common, the Roots (and many more)

Mos Def: Mathematics

www.youtube.com...

"Hip-Hop past all your tall social hurdles
like the nationwide projects, prison-industry complex
Broken glass wall better keep your alarm set
Streets too loud to ever hear freedom sing
Say evacuate your sleep, it's dangerous to dream"

edit on 3-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2013 by peashooter because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4 >>

join