It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutors: U.S. Soldiers Plotted to Kill President Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Interesting and fairly telling story I ran across today.

Link

TextArmy soldiers formed a militia group in Georgia that plotted to overthrow the U.S. government — and they killed a fellow soldier and his girlfriend to keep the plot secret, prosecutors alleged Monday, according to the Associated Press. Prosecutors in the Long County, Ga., case say that the militia group planned to overtake the nearby Fort Stewart, to bomb a dam in Washington state and poison the state’s apple crop and ultimately overthrow the government and assassinate the president, according to reports. Read more: thehill.com... uCSY Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Another source

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

I guess my question is- Do you think they really had the intentions of causing said destruction? Or is this just prosecutors taking advantage of the situation?

Apparently this isn't exactly a new case. But when I used the search I didn't come up with anything relevant

To me, these guys are guilty of the original murder charges, and should be held accountable for that. But, . these other charges are pretty serious and need to be looked at.

I want to see evidence. This case itself could change a few things. The fact that some are active duty. That implies alot.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
They need to be tried as domestic terrorists with intentions to overthrow the government and assassinate the President.

They will most likely spend the remaining of their lives behind a fence, as it should be

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Redacted.
edit on 1-6-2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 1-6-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Yea, I dont understand why they are being tried as regular citizens at this point. If they have evidence that the murder was to cover up a domestic terrorist plot, then why are they not considered enemy combatants right now? Isnt this kind of situation why they passed the Patriot Act and defined the measures that can be taken towards possible American citizen terrorists?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

point taken.

mods delete if necessary.

your way better with the search than I. Thats for certain.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

edit on 1-6-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

and closed.

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussions.

Thank You

new topics

top topics

join