It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please snitch on your neighbour, he may be a terrorist!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So, after the Boston Bombings and the Woolwich attack, we are now being requested to spy on our neighbours.

Dame Stella Rimington, former head of MI5 has actually suggested that citizens spy on our neighbours, which suggests that what the Government really wants is a throw back to the East German Stasi regime (before anyone says it's not the Government saying this, don't even go there!!)

Can you remember the days when we were told the ways of the Eastern block, with their secret police and spying neighbours was a really bad thing? Well now it appears it's okay, just as long as it means fighting terrorism. The same Terrorism that came about as a result of the U.S's and U.K's foreign policy.

Anyway, best of luck with the spying. Just don't start using the spying game as a way to get even with your neighbours!! Oh, come on, who are we kidding?

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 31/5/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This has been going on since 9/11 in the states. On all my hometown's vehicles there is sign that says "See something suspicious call the police."

This is not about finding terrorists, it is all about feeding the perpetual state of fear that many live in. People who live in fear have no problem giving up liberties for the illusion of security.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Wasn't it John Adams who once said 'Those willing to give up liberty in the name of security, deserve neither'?

That says it all.

Our Governments continuously tell us they will not bow to terrorism. Yet they are soon willing to inflict tighter and tighter laws on their people in the name of 'fighting terrorism. How does that work exactly?

We are continuously told not to rely on the state and make your own way in the world, yet when it comes to terrorism, we have to trust and rely on them. What a crazy world we live in!!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
This has been going on since 9/11 in the states. On all my hometown's vehicles there is sign that says "See something suspicious call the police."

This is not about finding terrorists, it is all about feeding the perpetual state of fear that many live in. People who live in fear have no problem giving up liberties for the illusion of security.

^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said.
(I'm going to report you now)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'll make it easier for you and them just PM me and I'll give you my GPS coordinates.

I refuse to live in fear and I will not snitch on my neighbor for growing crops inside.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

I was just going to tell them that you were a vet with an American flag.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by jrod

Wasn't it John Adams who once said 'Those willing to give up liberty in the name of security, deserve neither'?

That says it all.

Our Governments continuously tell us they will not bow to terrorism. Yet they are soon willing to inflict tighter and tighter laws on their people in the name of 'fighting terrorism. How does that work exactly?

We are continuously told not to rely on the state and make your own way in the world, yet when it comes to terrorism, we have to trust and rely on them. What a crazy world we live in!!

Benjamin Franklin, but close enough...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm sure all this spying would turn out well...

Why are they encouraging this kind of behavior? They try to make it out to be some sort of good deed you're doing to help fight for your country, but all it does is create this state of fear

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
There is only one type of a good snitch the way I hear.
And besides that my VA doctor is a foreigner and missing some fingers.

And I have my doubts she is really a doctor at all but goodness is she cute.
Sometimes you have to use your head in knowing what is the right thing to do.

But you know I can't stand the guy down the road no particular reason mind you but count him turned in.

I refuse to live in fear.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

Because you shouldn't call the police if you see something suspicious?

If I see 3-4 different people looking in the windows of a closed store..calling the police.
If i see someone mugging a person, calling the police.
If I see kids looking in the windows of parked cars..

Spying on your neighbor is wrong in every way and on every level. The day we are actually tasked with doing that is beyond a scary thought.

Keeping your eyes open and reporting something suspicious you see is just common sense.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

LOL! Ummm, I'm telling! NOT.
Hey as far as the Crops go, I have always thought it is one of the biggest atrocities against the betterment of mankind for those Yabbos in power to make ANYTHING Natural Illegal! Wow, Really?! Such a Sack of Chit anyway. I mean, Hey, If I want to pick and burn something that will cure cancer, help my pains, and give me a better attitude,I will do so! And if I want to pick some shrooms and enjoy them, I will. Plus, don't even try to stop me from licking some toads.Yum, and Wow, what a Buzz! LOL!!!! Later, Syx.

link   
I have just finished teaching my son about not being a "tattle tail"

To be honest i was a little shocked how easy the concept was to understand
for a six year old. The results were almost instant and i am proud.

link   
My neighbour mows his lawn, in nothing but cowboy boots, and a hat.

And he's old and skinny.

I don't even want to look over there in the summer, let alone see what else he might be doing. :shk:
And apparently, he's nicknamed psycho by the other neighbours.
I'd rather just stay on his good side.....

And avoid him during the warm months

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

Benjamin Franklin, but close enough...

No I know that now, apologies, these are the U.S's founding fathers!!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Here's a related thread:

Turn In Your Friends, Your Neighbors, Your Relatives, Your Children.. Join Infragard Today!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 11/12/2010 @ 08:23 PM

www.infragard.net...

InfraGard is an information sharing and analysis effort serving the interests and combining the knowledge base of a wide range of members. At its most basic level, InfraGard is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the private sector. InfraGard is an association of businesses, academic institutions, state and local law enforcement agencies, and other participants dedicated to sharing information and intelligence to prevent hostile acts against the United States. InfraGard Chapters are geographically linked with FBI Field Office territories. Learn more about InfraGard

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

SNITCHES GET STITCHES!!

But,I guess you have a point. A small semi point, but I believe the thread is more of a tell us if your neighbor has a problem with the way we run things, kinda spying, and reporting.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by terriblyvexed
reply to post by opethPA

SNITCHES GET STITCHES!!

But,I guess you have a point. A small semi point, but I believe the thread is more of a tell us if your neighbor has a problem with the way we run things, kinda spying, and reporting.

Snitches get stitches is really a dumb concept...

I just see a big difference between spying and common sense.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

You are going to subscribe common sense to a nation that gets into fist fights over team sports and who got voted off "Idol"?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by opethPA

You are going to subscribe common sense to a nation that gets into fist fights over team sports and who got voted off "Idol"?

That's true..You can really apply common sense to any nation at this point.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Snitches get stitches is really a dumb concept

That was a joke, and dumb? How so? Suppose to be a scary concept.

I just see a big difference between spying and common sense.

As do I, but I'm not talking about common sense that's no fun. I believe the thread was made to discuss spying on your neighbors for reasons not common sense related.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join