It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King creates hands free Whopper holder

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Just when you thought fast food companies couldn't think of the dumbest marketing ploys. Burger King comes out with the hands free whooper holder. No, this isn't a hoax. At least I think this is legit. There is a picture and video for proof. Just when you though it to difficult to pick up your whopper. You can put a whooper holder around your neck and consume!

Tired of the exercise required to lift a burger to your mouth? Have no fear. Burger King has found the solution. In celebration of its 50th anniversary in Puerto Rico, the burger chain gave away 50 hands free Whopper holders. Yes, they are exactly what they sound like, plastic burger-holding devices that hang from the neck leaving your hands free to perform all sorts of tasks.

Source
Source 2

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There is no way that thing will work with an actual Whopper.

The Whopper is tasty, but is the MESSIEST fast food sandwich to eat by far! If you tried to get a Whopper to stay in that contraption without falling apart, you would be sadly disappointed and covered in Whopper-mess. IMO.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Solving first world problems.
One problem at a time.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

mmmmm.....shovel, shovel, shovel....

If I ever see anyone using this, I'm going to walk up to them, stare at them in the eyes and slap the burger out of the holder...just for fun of course.

All I can think of.

Peace

edit on 31-5-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Why should I have to hold my own burger, rIgHT? AMMA rIGth? Kidding aside, at least they aren't mass producing these for the actual market, that would be extremely sad.

This made me laugh though...

It’s a novel idea, but we wonder what happens after the user eats half of his or her burger. There is still a full half-Whopper or so inside the holder.

LOL!

link   
Wow.

Where some people think of this as harmless little trinkets, I see this as a sign of a backwards society.

The banking system, or even a basic understanding of politics beyond the television, is all but empty words to most Americans. They simply don't know, don't care; I don't know and I don't care, I'm not one for excuses. What I do know however is that these people refute "fringe" ideas because of the garbage that's pumped into their bodies and minds alike.

Rather than taking the time to research, read; instead they are consumed by the drivel that comes off of the television and the pointless marketing scheme.

When crap like this is fed to the masses, and more realistic and quite relevant information is surpressed, and no one seems upset about it let alone speaking out against it, you know something is wrong.

Sorry to go off topic and rant a bit, but it's insanity that a "hands-free-genetically-modified-whateverkindofmeatthisis-burger," comes out... wow.

Really puts the "Madness of a Lost Society" into a different level.

link   

Now that's science in action right there , eating burgers hands free is the future

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
this time the samuru search worked, all i put in was 'burger king' as i've already seen the existing thread, which is here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
To be honest I would have to be very lazy and hungry to try this. The whooper is a messy sandwich because it always seems to fall apart. I don't what they use to make the burger. It's still very tasty for a fast food burger.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

Ah man! I haven't used the search in a good while. Because it doesn't work for me. Thanks for the down low.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Did you ever consider that in order to make their stuff Handicap accessible that they might invent something for the likes of Stephen Hawking so that he may enjoy the Flame Broiled Meat Sandwich?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Now that's science in action right there , eating burgers hands free is the future

Put it in a blender and use a straw....same thing.

Peace

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

They aren't mass producing these, it's just a sad marketing attempt. They gave away 50 of these because of the 50th anniversary.

But you're right though, people are saturated with infotainment. I wish people wouldn't give in so easily... they could put time aside for catching up on current events rather that submerging themselves in entertainment all the time.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire
Wow.

Where some people think of this as harmless little trinkets, I see this as a sign of a backwards society.

The banking system, or even a basic understanding of politics beyond the television, is all but empty words to most Americans. They simply don't know, don't care; I don't know and I don't care, I'm not one for excuses. What I do know however is that these people refute "fringe" ideas because of the garbage that's pumped into their bodies and minds alike.

Rather than taking the time to research, read; instead they are consumed by the drivel that comes off of the television and the pointless marketing scheme.

When crap like this is fed to the masses, and more realistic and quite relevant information is surpressed, and no one seems upset about it let alone speaking out against it, you know something is wrong.

Sorry to go off topic and rant a bit, but it's insanity that a "hands-free-genetically-modified-whateverkindofmeatthisis-burger," comes out... wow.

Really puts the "Madness of a Lost Society" into a different level.

Wow.

A company creates a "fun" novelty product which gives the majority a giggle, you feel like you have to make a post about banking, and what is "fed" to the general public.
Things like this are just ways to make life fun. You're here to find ways to make things miserable.
You must be very miserable.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

If you're handicapped the likes of Stephen Hawking, you probably need someone to feed you, or a tube. This device wouldn't work well for handicapped people.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
We have feed bags for our livestock, why shouldn't BK??
Removing someone's lunch break will bring up productivity anyway!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by ladyteeny

Ah man! I haven't used the search in a good while. Because it doesn't work for me. Thanks for the down low.

to be honest it's the first time it's found a thread i was looking for since it changed over. it's useless isn't it!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire
Wow.

The banking system, or even a basic understanding of politics beyond the television, is all but empty words to most Americans. They simply don't know, don't care; I don't know and I don't care ... Really puts the "Madness of a Lost Society" into a different level.

But, it's a HANDS FREE WHOPPER HOLDER, DUDE!!!!

Sheesh, some people just don't get it.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
LOL!

How lazy can people possibly be. By the time you put that mess of a sandwich into the holder and around your neck you could have already eaten it.

This brings "stupid" to a whole new low.

What happens once you get to the second half of the sandwich that's stuck inside the holder?

After watching the video, I'm pretty sure this is some kind of joke. But either way, it's still pretty dumb.
edit on 31-5-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Did you ever consider that in order to make their stuff Handicap accessible that they might invent something for the likes of Stephen Hawking so that he may enjoy the Flame Broiled Meat Sandwich?

Lets get on this bandwagon instead!

<<   2 >>

join