It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King Introduces The Hands-Free Whopper

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Morning all...

I do not know what to say abou this. It is just beeping ridiculous...!

I am hoping this is a joke. But it does not look like it is...

Burger King in Puerto Rico celebrates its 50th anniversary with a fun giveaway by DLC/Ogilvy & Mather: the "Hands Free Whopper." 50 of these were handed out to members of the fast feeder's loyalty program.

creativity-online.com...

According to Buzzfeed (words I hoped to never write), these hands-free burger holders were given to 50 loyal Burger King customers recently.

The contraption is basically a plastic holster for a burger that you strap around your neck like one of those harmonica holders talented people use.

Let’s be honest: it’s a nosebag filled with burgers designed for the lowest common denominator. Ugh.

www.gizmodo.com.au...

Here is the video..

This story reminded me of the fat people in the film Walle. If we are not careful I have no doubt we will end up like that... What is wrong with using your hands. The sheer increase in laziness these days is truly sickening. We are inventing things that do everything for us...

Here is the link to the Burger King Hands Free Whopper site...

handsfreewhopper.com...

I do not eat Burger King or McDonald's or from any of those fast food chains. Just knowing what is or is not put in the food is frightening. They also put stuff in their food products to make it addictive...

Yuck..

Peace
Fluff

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
[sarcasm] But just think of all the lives it will save from the fat slobs who can now eat while driving without having to take their hands off the wheel. It won't be long before this is mandatory equipment on all vehicles to make us all safer. [/sarcasm]

I hope this story is a joke. American laziness is reaching heights never dreamed of.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The possibilities are Endless...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

It is obvious that someone's lacking sense of humor.
You even quoted a part that stated it was for fun, which it is.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

How do you hand out something thats hands free?

On another note, thats insane disgusting and must be a joke. seriously. I think humanity in general just stepped down a peg.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Oh can I see some uses for that one? Got a loud mouth at the table? Hey, easy solution! Give him a good whack upside the back of the head and he'll shut right up. First he eats it, then he wears it. All without having to touch it. I love it!

What won't they think up next to baffle consumers with their lack of brain power?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

I do have a sense of humour. But I do not think it is a joke. See link below...

BK request your free card Rewards on your nearest Burger King and register here.
Watch for more information on how to get your "Hands Free Whopper" soon.

handsfreewhopper.com...

Translated using Google Translate.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

It is awful isn't it. I do remember having a bad thought when I first watched Walle and saw the big ship with all the fat Americans in it being driven everywhere by a hovering chair. I thought wow it might not be long till Americans end up like that...

Is this the start....?

As for it being a joke or not. I am not entirely sure. If anyone finds any info please post....

edit on 31-5-2013 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007

I do have a sense of humour. But I do not think it is a joke. See link below...

BK request your free card Rewards on your nearest Burger King and register here.
Watch for more information on how to get your "Hands Free Whopper" soon.

handsfreewhopper.com...

Translated using Google Translate.

Is this the first time you've seen a novelty item?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Whether a novelty item or not. It is IMHO gross. I do not know if the people given these items will actually use them. I certainly would not. Who is to say that this won't catch on. More people might actually want one off these things. Not because they are a novelty but because they can not be bothered to hold a burger. Who knows. It does not seem that funny to me. Just kinda sick...

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Whether a novelty item or not. It is IMHO gross.

I wouldn't use it but I still think it's fun, and I'd consider to buy it to a hamburger-nut, regardless of if that person would use it or not, he/she would most likely get a laugh.
It's exactly the same as with say, a beer-can hard-hat. It's mostly for giggles, and in some cases appropriate for the event (depending on who's using it), and in some cases completely out of place.
It still doesn't change the fact that they're novelty-items.

Then of course one could also think that they're simply not fun at all, but raging the way you do is rather interesting. You seem to have quite a lot of built-in hate towards fast-food or humanity so that you cannot see the fun in fun. Or at least, fun in other people's fun.

I do not know if the people given these items will actually use them. I certainly would not. Who is to say that this won't catch on.

I definitely think this will catch on, like the beer-can-hat, but not even close to those numbers.
A few people might actually "seriously" use them, for example if they often are forced to have quick lunches in their car. I could imagine that it's quite difficult to eat a burger in a car without messing up. Extra set of hands while drinking / having fries might be convenient. Bizarre? Maybe. The mindset is quite important when it comes to judging if something is fun, convenient, tasteful or tasteless.

It does not seem that funny to me. Just kinda sick...

Yes, it's very obvious what you think of it, and I'm baffled as to why someone can be so negative over other people's fun.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Extreamly valuable tool for eating while driving.

Otherwise it is not needed, and it certainly paints a Wall-E type picture of our future.

God Bless,

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Add this to it and we have perfection.

edit on 31-5-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

It's just a novelty prize. Nothing wrong with a little fun. It'll probably end up in some guy's garage sale in couple of years. Plus Ever eaten a whopper? No way in hell is this a viable idea.
edit on 31-5-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Its a feed bag for bovine America! Lol!!!!!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
next they will have hands free fries and onion rings.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
WOW!

now fat people don't even have to burn off any calories lifting a massive burger into their mouths.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Whether a novelty item or not. It is IMHO gross. I do not know if the people given these items will actually use them. I certainly would not. Who is to say that this won't catch on. More people might actually want one off these things. Not because they are a novelty but because they can not be bothered to hold a burger. Who knows. It does not seem that funny to me. Just kinda sick...

What's the point of using calories up when the whole goal is to obtain calories? An effort to make any endeavor more efficient must be worthwhile. Right?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The thing's a joke. You missed the stupidly amusing part.

OH, and that beer can hat? It takes practice. You have to blow the beer back into the cans before you take your mouth away from the tube, or it'll siphon onto your shirt. There is definite skill involved.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
The thing's a joke. You missed the stupidly amusing part.

OH, and that beer can hat? It takes practice. You have to blow the beer back into the cans before you take your mouth away from the tube, or it'll siphon onto your shirt. There is definite skill involved.

Any professional drinker will tell you to use an oral squeeze release valve from a camelbak hydration system on the hose end

FYI putting cola and whisky in a camelbak ruins the plastic bladder forever.... yup dont go to a festival with that setup, you will also wake up sunburned and without shoes.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join