It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14-year-old Boy Carrying a Puppy Tackled and Choked by Police in Miami

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Actually, I did listen to it...as I mentioned before..I heard the video and played it back twice at about the 1 minute mark when they say they saw him "slam another teen to the ground". It's 0:55 to 1:00 to be precise to the sentence of the report...mentioning the assault they watched, to come to him at all.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

They saw kids playing, not an assault. Your interpretation of events is pretty dubious and each time you tell it, It sounds like the kid is assaulting another. You already know even the cops realized it was not an assault , a fight , or angry altercation. It was kids playing. Stop trying to justify the over the top response by making it seem like the kid deserved it or was in participation of a crime. He wasn't, he was feeding a puppy from a bottle after playing with another kid.

Cold stares don't warrant assaults from officers of the law. They should have went about there business.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Not only do our young adults have no respect for their teachers, parents, grand parents, principals, they are now not obeying the police. For the love of god do you think those police went out that day with the intentions of whopping a 14 year old mans ass. How many times do you think our LEOs told that kid to stop "eyeballing" them and MOST LIKELY other people like he was going to do something. There are a few of us who think this is the law of the land. A few polite requests to carry on business to the 14 year can only go so far. Those cops knew they would be on tape are you kidding me they did what was right they eliminated a nuicense. Granted all that was needed was the 14 year to knock it the f--k off. Now I might sound harsh but when I was 14 I was working and going about my own business by my self. Hell when I was 15 I had a full time job. I had an understanding of the world around me and could fend for myself and I knew enough of the basics to not grind the wheels of society too much. But now look at our young adults (if you are old enough to reproduce you are an adult) I don't like it that way but our youth is telling us this is what they want with behavior like this. If our young adults want to bring guns and s--t to school to harm people then our laws need to reflect that these people no longer want to be considered children. Just look at 15 an pregnant.

The only logical thinking is the man was eyeballing people the cops told him to stop many times so the cops both agreed that he was making gestures that he was up to no good so they removed him. Tough lesson on life kid.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Did you not read the story? Dear me - the officers clearly later admit that it was not actually an "assault" and that they were mistaken - it was just a couple of kids fooling around.

What are you - a cop seeking to defend other cops, even if they have clearly acted wrongly? Do you defend Dorner for shooting innocents as well then, just because Dorner was a "cop"?

Again - the 14 year old boy was of no threat to anyone; indeed, the cops seem to have caused more trouble than was needed. Sure, the boy might have had an attitude - but there was no assault. Just a couple of silly "cops" probably high on coffee misreading the acts of kids fooling around.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
they had to 'neutralise the threat' of a 14 year old kid walking away while holding a puppy. truly disgusting and pathetic. the cops keep on digging their own graves.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
This just reinforces my belief that the jocks in high school had to find some sort of job when they realized they have gone as high as they could in life by grade 12.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens

Did you not read the story? Dear me - the officers clearly later admit that it was not actually an "assault" and that they were mistaken - it was just a couple of kids fooling around.

What are you - a cop seeking to defend other cops, even if they have clearly acted wrongly? Do you defend Dorner for shooting innocents as well then, just because Dorner was a "cop"?

Again - the 14 year old boy was of no threat to anyone; indeed, the cops seem to have caused more trouble than was needed. Sure, the boy might have had an attitude - but there was no assault. Just a couple of silly "cops" probably high on coffee misreading the acts of kids fooling around.

To clarify..No, I hadn't read the media story. I watched the video to hear the kid's own words and quoted from the cops. It seemed a touch more accurate to go by than a British interpretation of the American story...but I see the point in reading the London account of it now, yes. It does look interesting.

Now, to clarify who or what I am, since you personally ask.... I grew up around law enforcement. My father was a cop for 15 years before becoming a P.I. which was current when he passed away a couple years ago. I had as many cops and cop's kids for friends in the first half of my childhood as I did outside that world. The second half of my childhood, I'll just leave with saying I was a typical cop's kid in many ways and if you know what that means at all, you'll fully understand the context.

I do generally try and see things from the Police side....perhaps as much as some try and see it from the other. I'm also generally more harsh about bad cops as a result of that same background. Criminals with badges, is a more apt description. I just don't see it here.

Confrontational attitudes toward cops almost certainly will get it returned. That's what I see having happened here. He taunted them and they took him up on it before it got out of hand in a crowd.

* This insistence that a 14 year old is no threat is just naive... I'm sorry. If I'm confronted by a 14-15 year old on the street in a hostile way? I'm treating the kid as the same level of deadly threat, as a CCW holder, as any adult. I'll go down and die JUST as fast by the "kids" hands as I will by any older man. Actually... they kid's quicker and more dangerous for it.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

The reason those cops are cops...
-----
Why some cops become cops
edit on 31-5-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

... as a CCW holder, as any adult. I'll go down and die JUST as fast by the "kids" hands as I will by any older man. Actually... they kid's quicker and more dangerous for it.

As a CCW holder you should know that some punk kid running his mouth is not anywhere near enough to justify you tackling him or drawing on him.

Guess we cant hold cops to the same standard of civility and restraint.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

* This insistence that a 14 year old is no threat is just naive... I'm sorry. If I'm confronted by a 14-15 year old on the street in a hostile way?

But the police officer was not confronted by the boy. The officer tried to hold the boy by his arm. From my perspective that seems more like the officer is confronting him. For no good reason.

Confrontational attitudes toward cops almost certainly will get it returned. That's what I see having happened here. He taunted them and they took him up on it before it got out of hand in a crowd.

The boy did not taunt the police. This is what he said when the officer tried to grab him. At which point he pulled his arm away. If you were the boy and had been messing about with mates and a police officer trys to grab you by the arm to take you back to your parents for no reason. I am sure you would pull away too...

"Man, don't touch me like I did something,"

edit on 31-5-2013 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

I guess I just heard the people's own statements on the video, from both sides of it, a little differently than others. Not the first time I don't agree with the crowd...

* Actually.. No ... I would NOT try and pull away and that's the key difference. I would comply with the cop ..realizing that he may have misunderstood the situation and by that, it's all MUCH closer to getting physical than it needs to be. The police's own statements on the video are pretty clear ...and like I said above..I just see it differently, based on hearing the words of both sides in the interviews.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

That is fair enough. We all see the world differently. However I do believe that unnecessary force was used in this situation. The lad was walking away when the officer went to grab him. And both sides say the same on that. That is not confrontational.

I always appreciate your posts Wrabbit. You come up with reasonable and valid points. But I am afraid on this one I am going to have to politely disagree!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by fluff007

I guess I just heard the people's own statements on the video, from both sides of it, a little differently than others. Not the first time I don't agree with the crowd...

* Actually.. No ... I would NOT try and pull away and that's the key difference. I would comply with the cop ..realizing that he may have misunderstood the situation and by that, it's all MUCH closer to getting physical than it needs to be. The police's own statements on the video are pretty clear ...and like I said above..I just see it differently, based on hearing the words of both sides in the interviews.

Why even grab his arm in the first place? Should a cop be taken by surprise when a teen reacts adversely to being grabbed hold of for no good reason? Is that the kind of resistance that justifies the taking down and near strangling of a puppy-wielding opponent?

ps. I've seen club bouncers control steroid and coc aine fuelled punters with more restraint and expertise than these 2 upholders of law and order displayed. I have a cousin half the size of those officers who could have walked him back to his mother just by not-so-gentle application of pressure to his wrist.
edit on 31-5-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If he was feeding a puppy with a bottle, how was he also making fists and flaring his arms???

Some cops have NO business being cops. These guys are nothing but bullies, IMO.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It's real manly to beat up a 14 year old child holding a puppy in his arms.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
'Dehumanizing Stare!!!?' Are we meant to believe that the shaved apes in uniform actually thought that the kid's stare possessed the power to transform them into some other species and they were only protecting themselves by assaulting this young man?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
It's real manly to beat up a 14 year old child holding a puppy in his arms.

Whilst also hurting the puppy's poor paw too!

"Police"? More like a couple of thugs in uniform.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
These police officers need to be removed of their badges.
The mentality is becoming such that they feel they have the power to do as they please when they see fit.
It's a culture of racism and prejudice - I know the race card is a negative and I know people are tired of it being used - but when it's present and exists even today it must be called what it is.
These white officers saw a black kid and felt the need to show him who was in charge then they bring a hispanic detective to quell possible discriminatory motives these officers had.
I know however that nothing will be done to these officers and they will be allowed to continue wearing the badge
because they have shown to their superiors that they're grown men willing to hurt children and thats exactly
what they want.

dos

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This seems to be another case where trained officers are unable to restrain, without undo violence, a kid, old lady, person in wheel chair, etc.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

<< 1   >>

join