It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are against gays, consider this

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

so by your assumption of us being able to get 'Cured' you could than 'Mutate' a straight person into a homosexual?

why a disorder? i am not handicapped, i am not 'Mutated'

No I don't think a gay person can be "cured"... not yet anyways. But in the process of trying to prevent babies from being born hemorphidites, someone stumbled upon a treatment that could possibly prevent babies from being born gay. Of course those who are already gay have a huge problem with this research, but tell me... who in their right mind wouldn't want their child to be born straight if they had a choice?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
We, as humans, are nothing more than animals with slightly more developed brains...we are animals. I ask that anyone who feels/believes that homosexuality is not normal or is unnatural, list as many animal species as they can that do not engage in homosexuality. Obvious exclusion will include species that don't reproduce sexually such as protozoa and many other asexual organisms.

And as a straight father of two who knows many same sex couples with adopted children as well as opposite sex couples that have adopted, I have one thing to add. Good parents do not force their beliefs, wishes, hopes, dreams, upon their children, adopted or otherwise, because that action is destructive and reprehensible...it is an abuse of the trust a child has for the people/person raising the child. If your mind wanders down that dark road to where you think a same-sex couple wants to create a homosexual child through adoption, then I fear that all parents may attempt the same or similar. A good parent nurtures the whole being with love, tolerance, acceptance, and honesty. Aren't all people capable of these things?

Op, I am very sorry to hear that you have lost so many through such vulgar ignorance. And I am sorry if I have further derailed this thread.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
reply to post by markosity1973

I'm not against gays, I'm against homosexuality. There is a difference. I see it as a mental or genetic disorder that requires a cure. I don't hate you for being gay, nor do I hate the kid around the corner with muscular distrophy. But if we're willing to donate millions of dollars a year to helping Jerry's Kids, then what is so wrong with wanting to do the same for homosexuals?

what is the difference? sorry mate but i am not a genetic disorder that you can donate money to 'Fix me'

Gay, straight, Homosexual Heterosexual, we are all Human,

Homosexuality is wrong. I don't hate you for your choices, nor will I exclude you from humanity. I wouldnt treat you any different than anyone else. No one is perfect. But you should be honest with yourself and admit homosexuality is wrong. Work on it even if doing so is futile. Or dont work on it. Delight in doing the wrong thing. But at least be honest. No one should have to accept the choice, only the chooser.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
look
there are thousands of ways to be unacceptable to Him.

selfpride
materialism
mysogeny
whatever

point is
that all those many souls who are His creations
have different problems to cope with

We will have *no* unity nor understanding
- never -
if we refuse to understand that each of us is fighting a different topic FOR Him.

skip that premisse
and its all a chaos
where the most brutal will rule the pack.

okay ?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
because we are such a bunch of babies
little children
playing around in the sandbox at the school s yard

Who is to say that " the one child is more bad as the other " ?

why the one child is deciding that the one Bad Attitude is worse as the other ?

Fortunately
we have Father Who will decide 'what is good and what isnt ':
on EACH ONE OF US.

But it is those
who do not and refuse to believe in God,
who make a Mess of our whole society.

Because it is THEY who promote " survival of the fittest "
and THEY make their rules.

eat or be eaten.

All those are WORSE then any soul who s seriously fighting with a hurtful topic.

So be it.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
God made Adam and Eve NOT Adam and Steve.
I have said this before and will say it again.
And that is. The only place you see homosexuality is
in the animal kingdom.Point blank period.
If you don't like well, that is just to damn bad.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by grayghost
God made Adam and Eve NOT Adam and Steve.
I have said this before and will say it again.
And that is. The only place you see homosexuality is
in the animal kingdom.Point blank period.
If you don't like well, that is just to damn bad.

People like you are funny. Its always good to have a reminder of the type of IQ's we are dealing with.

I ask you, does your god make mistakes?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm in the Individual Liberty bucket. Do whatever you want: be gay, be straight, do drugs, don't do drugs, eat rocks, don't eat rocks.

All I ask is that people take responsibility for the choices they make. Don't smoke 2 packs a day and expect me to pay for your lung cancer treatment: that crap is on you, brother. Drink a 5th of vodka for breakfast? Don't even ask to get on the liver transplant list. Eat at Golden Corral 5 nights a week? Good luck with the heart attack.

You bought it, you own it.

As long as you don't infringe upon my rights, you can run around in a carmel covered tutu singing show tunes until midnight for all I care. Knock yourself out. Freedom is freedom to choose. As long as it doesn't harm anyone, go crazy.

Oh and I'm white. Christian. Middle aged. Vote republican. Own guns. Like football. Drink beer. Stereotype as you see fit. That's your right, too. I wasn't placed here to judge anyone. I was placed here to take the best care of those within my sphere of influence that I can; and make their lives as rewarding and full as possible.

I wore a uniform for some years, and took an oath several times to protect. I may think what you're doing is stupid, but I'll kit up and hold the line to make sure you have the freedom to be as stupid as you want.

You're welcome.
edit on 31-5-2013 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by live2beknown
I agree, but I don't on suicide part of it..If your a coward to do that I have no respect at all. Times has been hard on me as a kid and as a teenager, but I'm still here standing

That left aside, I have no problems with gay people, some are actually pretty cool people to chill with. I have a friend who is gay and you wouldn't even notice it from him.. Now, I do have a problem with those guys that actually do act like a F@g.. talk with a weird lisp, like making them selves look like a loser haha yes, I got a problem with them..They sound full of them selves..and seriously why do most gay people have that "lisp" no way it comes naturally..

I like the people who are them selves, don't 'act' gay. They're some cool people out there, a lot of them very smart.
As I said, I got no problem with those kind of people. I think the reason why people "hate" gay people is they go overboard with their 'lisp' and act like a totall f@g (no pun intended) and act all stuck up and stuff..
edit on 31-5-2013 by live2beknown because: (no reason given)

well i just can't stand straight people who act straight, they act superior and chauvinistic

The ultimate shade of it all!

we accept you

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

I'm not against gays, I'm against homosexuality. There is a difference. I see it as a mental or genetic disorder that requires a cure. I don't hate you for being gay, nor do I hate the kid around the corner with muscular distrophy. But if we're willing to donate millions of dollars a year to helping Jerry's Kids, then what is so wrong with wanting to do the same for homosexuals?

what is the difference? sorry mate but i am not a genetic disorder that you can donate money to 'Fix me'

Homosexuality is wrong. I don't hate you for your choices, nor will I exclude you from humanity. I wouldnt treat you any different than anyone else. No one is perfect. But you should be honest with yourself and admit homosexuality is wrong. Work on it even if doing so is futile. Or dont work on it. Delight in doing the wrong thing. But at least be honest. No one should have to accept the choice, only the chooser.

Honestly, it's not wrong, i am not wrong, we are not wrong, and you are not wrong, lets be honest though, discrimination wrong or right? intolerance wrong or right?

work on it? oh i work it out!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine
I'm in the Individual Liberty bucket. Do whatever you want: be gay, be straight, do drugs, don't do drugs, eat rocks, don't eat rocks.

All I ask is that people take responsibility for the choices they make. Don't smoke 2 packs a day and expect me to pay for your lung cancer treatment: that crap is on you, brother. Drink a 5th of vodka for breakfast? Don't even ask to get on the liver transplant list. Eat at Golden Corral 5 nights a week? Good luck with the heart attack.

You bought it, you own it.

As long as you don't infringe upon my rights, you can run around in a carmel covered tutu singing show tunes until midnight for all I care. Knock yourself out. Freedom is freedom to choose. As long as it doesn't harm anyone, go crazy.

Oh and I'm white. Christian. Middle aged. Vote republican. Own guns. Like football. Drink beer. Stereotype as you see fit. That's your right, too. I wasn't placed here to judge anyone. I was placed here to take the best care of those within my sphere of influence that I can; and make their lives as rewarding and full as possible.

I wore a uniform for some years, and took an oath several times to protect. I may think what you're doing is stupid, but I'll kit up and hold the line to make sure you have the freedom to be as stupid as you want.

You're welcome.
edit on 31-5-2013 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

Obliged for a classy response, what Football team do you fancy?

i've always said, we have the freedom to believe what we want, when it begins to cross into discrimination and denying rights and freedoms based solely on Sexuality, Religion, Race Etc is when it needs to be addressed

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I've already explained the difference. You are not a genetic disorder, your lust for people of the same gender is. You may be comfortable with your homosexuality, but there are many who are not. We shouldn't deprive them of research that will lead to a cure simply because you're cool with being gay.

What part of you cannot "CURE" a gay person any more than you can "CURE" a black person do you not understand. Being gay or transgendered is not a choice someone makes, it is how they are born. No offense to black people, it was the easiest analogy to use.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973

A school friend of mine took his life beccause he was gay. (R.I.P Phillip, I will always keep up the fight for equality in memory of you) I have known too many other gay people senselessly die through suicide as well.
numbers than we should be.

About 30,000 people commit suicide every year in the US. So, 1 of them was gay. There's no way to know why the gay person committed suicide. It could be health related, it could be economic woes, it could be mental health issues, it could be all sorts of things. Suicide is a problem in the world as a whole, especially Japan, where people feel inadequate if they are not up to standard meeting the high quality demands of the Japanese culture.

Gay and suicide have no significant statistical connection.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty
There is nothing wrong with gay people.

They should be treated equally.

Doesn't meant they should be allowed to marry.

That has nothing to do with equality. Its about preservation of a species and making sure children get exposed to both genders while being raised. THAT is equality.

A little mathmatical support for your position.

M=male
w=Female

M+M= 0, there are no offspring, there is no society, there is no human race
W+W= 0, there are no offspring, there is no society, there is no human race

M+W= about 7 billion right now.

The math does not lie.

Human society is based on the male-femal pairing. That is a FACT. Anything else is irrelevent, worse, it goes against math, it goes against biology, it goes against our nature,

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

Gay and suicide have no significant statistical connection.
Oh, really?

Suicide Among Homosexuals
Lesbians are two times more likely to attempt suicide than straight women.
Attempts by gay and lesbian youth account for up to 30% of all completed suicides.
Gay teens are 3 times more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers.
Gay youth are 4 times more likely to make a suicide attempt requiring medical attention.
Gay men are six times more likely to attempt suicide than their heterosexual peers.

www.fiercegoodbye.com...

Ignorance abounds.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join