It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New website reveals extent of secret CIA flight network

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

A team of academics have launched the world's largest interactive database detailing suspected CIA rendition flights, many of which may have transported detainees to Guantanamo Bay.

Scotland is the only country so far which has raised any questions on the alleged rendition activity on home soil.

The Rendition Project is a product of a collaborative research between Dr. Ruth Blakely from the University of Kent and Dr. Sam Raphael from Kingston University, London.

Now anyone with an internet connection can understand, view, and track over 11,000 CIA flights detainees may have been aboard between 2001 and 2006 under the US rendition program, a murky operation of secret detention and torture.

Source

Mod Edit--AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; *please post one or two paragraphs, *a link to the entire story, *AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 5/29/2013 by tothetenthpower because: Mod Edit:Starting a New Thread?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by grimghost

Thanks for posting this. What I find remarkable here is not so much all of the witchcraft surrounding rendition, but the really elegant application of GIS (Geographic Information Systems), which I think is way under-emphasized on their site.

Sometimes nothing drives the point home like a map, and I think that this is one of those cases. You can write and explain til' you're blue in the face; but put it all on a map so that everyone gets it? That usually does the trick.

And to think, the power of GIS is open to all via open source software.

www.osgeo.org...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The CIA is the worlds largest drug running organization. They prop up the banks with illicit funds. The "drug war" is too profitable to end. Since this is the case, all criminal drug arrests are totally unjust. They bring the contraban into this country, then arrest simple "offenders" for using the same contraban. It's the most criminal thing i've ever witnessed. This is common information and yet, they still operate.

new topics

join