It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British muslims react to the EDL... in a very British way

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by auroraaus
This is absolutely brilliant!

Face those who come to attack you and what you hold dear...with tea and biscuits and football (fitba!).

Truly inspiring. It conjures up a memory my Great-Uncle said about Christmas in WW2. Funnily enough it happened in the Great War too.

Christmas day the Germans and the Brits stopped fighting each other. They crossed over to each side, shared food, played music, cards and yes, they played football together.Language not much of a barrier. At the end they shook hands and when back to their places.

My Great-Uncle said that it was hard the next day, when both sides opened fire, and not knowing if your bullet was going to get the man you shared a cup of tea or a cigarette with.

It is awesome isn't it? The Muslims handled this perfectly.

BTW, My Grandfather was an officer in the British Army in WW2 and told me the same story. Playing a game of football, and apparently one side were short on cigarettes and the other matches so they traded. I'm not sure if the big brass approved of this or not, but nobody died on that battlefield that Christmas Day.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antigod
Nice move with the tea. But:

If a Christian gang hacked a Muslim apart in a Muslim country the other Christians living nearby would have been dragged out of their homes and burned on the streets. You have to remember that our Muslim population largely comes from places where this kind of crime would have lead to a mass slaughter in reprisal and none would have been punished

A 75 year old Muslim grandfather was stabbed to death on a Birmingham street this month, in what is being described as a hate crime.
Contrary to what the EDL and other fascist groups would say, there were not roaming gangs of fanatical Muslims roaming the streets and attacking people in revenge (unlike has happened in this recent case, with the EDL being the vigilantes).

It's astounding to see the levels of ignorance in this country. If you look at the EDL Twitter discussions, the Facebook rants, the YouTube videos and comments, it seems that 90% of those who support the EDL have very poor literacy, very poor comprehension, an inability to tell the difference between a Muslim and a Sikh... it's quite remarkable how these people even have jobs! I'm not saying this just to be insulting, it's a fact. You can look at any of these examples of places where these people are communicating and the level of basic English is so poor you have to wonder how old they are!

That's what I'm putting this down to. There is a core fascist group in the UK, and they hover between the National Front, BNP, Combat 18 etc, and merge into the EDL (and yes, this has been proven too. There is documentary evidence of C18 and violent BNP members in the EDL). Then there are the ignorant masses, the fools who read a headline and think it's gospel, the barely literate who believe what their goose-stepping uncle or brother tells them.

That larger group are the most dangerous. Their ignorance means that they are susceptible to voting for a far-right party without even knowing what it is. These are the same people who "kinda know" what we fought against in WW2, but because they've never actually read anything thicker than a copy of the Daily Mail they can't make that kind of connection in their brain.

These people who went to protest outside the Mosque were likely sheep, easily duped into supporting a fascist ideology because they wanted to lash out in anger at someone. They haven't yet seen the video if the EDL members making Nazi salutes at our war memorials, and they hadn't seen the video of the speech where one man on stage says "send the black c**ts home" twice, to rapturous applause (not racist at all, of course!)

They went there as ignorant fools, uneducated and barely able to comprehend what they were supporting, and the Muslims fought that with common sense, discussion and engagement.

That's the way to get the job done. Wake up the masses to the ideology they are supporting through their own ignorance.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

A 75 year old Muslim grandfather was stabbed to death on a Birmingham street this month, in what is being described as a hate crime.

I presume you mean this one?

www.bbc.co.uk...

Detectives have said while there was no evidence Mr Saleem had been the victim of a robbery or a racist attack, the motive for the attack was unclear.

www.birminghammail.co.uk...

The detective said: "We wouldn't rule anything out but clearly he was not an obvious robbery target. We're not ruling anything or out. This could be a random attack. We just don't know at this stage." Asked whether there was a racial motive for the attack, Mr Payne said there was nothing to suggest that was the case.

Ignoring the 'every crime is a hate crime aspect', where are you seeing this being described as a 'hate' crime. I'm curious.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
It is awesome isn't it? The Muslims handled this perfectly.

BTW, My Grandfather was an officer in the British Army in WW2 and told me the same story. Playing a game of football, and apparently one side were short on cigarettes and the other matches so they traded. I'm not sure if the big brass approved of this or not, but nobody died on that battlefield that Christmas Day.

Good to hear confirmation of this!

Pretty much off-topic now, but very curious for posterity:

Army records from WW2 for UK I think should be released in another 7 years. I do wonder if our relatives were fighting in the same unit/battalion or in the same area around the same time. I don't know exactly where Uncle Mick was when this happened, or what year. Hopefully when records become available I can find out and correlate! (He was an Irish/Scot fighting for UK.... loose IRA connections should be dismissed in this case)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

If there was no attempt made to financially profit from the attack, what other motivation can you imagine for stabbing a 75 yr old man, than a hatred of some sort?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by khimbar

If there was no attempt made to financially profit from the attack, what other motivation can you imagine for stabbing a 75 yr old man, than a hatred of some sort?

You missed this part out then.

Originally posted by khimbar
Ignoring the 'every crime is a hate crime aspect', where are you seeing this being described as a 'hate' crime. I'm curious.

Anyhoo, legally a hate crime is defined thus.

www.cps.gov.uk...

A hate crime is any criminal offence that is motivated by hostility or prejudice based upon the victim's: disability, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender identity.

The poster said it's being described as a hate crime. I'm asking where it is, given they don't know the motive. People assuming it is one doesn't make it one.

I don't know the motive. Nor am I claiming to. I'm asking where it has been described as a hate crime and by who.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by roguedesigner

A mosque has been praised for serving tea and biscuits to English Defence League supporters after the far-right group arranged a demonstration there.

About six people turned up to protest at the mosque in Bull Lane, York, on Sunday and were invited inside to play football with worshippers.

What a bunch of hippies...

:-)

beautiful - I just love it

S&F
edit on 5/30/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Ahhh,the hippies!
It's about time someone mentioned the hippies,the most evil tyrannical sect on earth,

do'nt you lot realise that when there not tripping there nuts off rolling around in the mud at glasto,or Stonehenge waving there tadgers around,they're planning world domination?

The hippies are the ultimate sleeper cell,when will the masses not wake up to the threat they pose?

in ten years time ,when there's a camper van in every street,and we're all eatting veggie burgers,and drinking dandelion and Burdock,and wearing tiedyed ponchos,we will all look back at the Muslim fanatics,and the right wing fanatics,and the Christian fanatics,and just be glad they weren't hippies.....

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The lady who confronted the killers is Molly Hartley and she has been at MI6 for 12 years.
Weird, same as boston bombing and 9/11

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by elephantstone

The hippies are the ultimate sleeper cell,when will the masses not wake up to the threat they pose?

in ten years time ,when there's a camper van in every street,and we're all eatting veggie burgers,and drinking dandelion and Burdock,and wearing tiedyed ponchos,we will all look back at the Muslim fanatics,and the right wing fanatics,and the Christian fanatics,and just be glad they weren't hippies.....

a thousand stars for this :-)

and for making me laugh

edit to add: when I first read the OP - in my head it was Hackey Sack - not football :-)
edit on 5/30/2013 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Haha,and who do think invented the hackey sack?

The hippies !

They're behind everything,
They invented Judaism,Christian it ism,Muslim it ism,atheist ism,the whole damb capoodle

It's just a cover,soon they will strike,

just wait until you get 6 year old girls making daisy chains on your lawn,

then you will know it has started

thanks for the star

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonny2

Really?
You just made those two things up?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Great story and something everyone should be made aware of.

But to put it into a bit of perspective; I wonder if some Christians had approached those two in Woolwich offering cups of tea Lee Rigby would still be with us today?

I didn't post this to detract in any way from that great diffusing gesture but rather due to my still present anger over Lee Digby's brutal murder.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

By the Muslim community people like you assume would be rioting in the streets.

Next question

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I didn't post this to detract in any way from that great diffusing gesture but rather due to my still present anger over Lee Digby's brutal murder.

I know it's an accidental misspelling, but it's Lee Rigby, not Digby.

I can be angry, sickened, disgusted about his murder, and - as a grown man - I cried more than once thinking about what must have been going through that young mans mind when he was being attacked, but that doesn't make me suddenly believe that all the Muslim people in this country are evil.

It certainly doesn't make me think that the answer is to support a fascist group with links to known Nazis and BNP members.

People are being easily duped into something terrible, something I dare say Lee himself would be horrified by, and something that all of our armed services should (and are legally required to) be distanced from.

We're sleepwalking into a far-right era, and the last time that happened we ended up with genocide, world war, cities destroyed... the only reason for it is complete and utter ignorance by an idiot population of tabloid readers.
edit on 30-5-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonny2
The lady who confronted the killers is Molly Hartley and she has been at MI6 for 12 years.
Weird, same as boston bombing and 9/11

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

And evidence is not a YouTube video by someone else.

Proof or GTFO.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

I know it's an accidental misspelling, but it's Lee Rigby, not Digby.

I know, it's a typo and by the time I realised it was too late to edit.

I didn't make the same mistake earlier in the post or in any of my other posts - I think.

I can be angry, sickened, disgusted about his murder, and - as a grown man - I cried more than once thinking about what must have been going through that young mans mind when he was being attacked, but that doesn't make me suddenly believe that all the Muslim people in this country are evil.

Well I for one have never said, or implied, that it's all Muslims - but the minority is growing.

I welcome instances like this - it humanises Muslims and shows people that most just want to get on with their lives the same as the rest of us.

It certainly doesn't make me think that the answer is to support a fascist group with links to known Nazis and BNP members.

They aren't fascists.
I'd like to see MSM give them an opportunity to express themselves at length and allow people to judge them with an open mind and not on cherry picked tidbits aimed at demonising and stigmatising.
But there's not a hope in hell of them being offered the same level playing field as the major political parties.
And let's face it, they'd have to get someone more articulate than that arsehole Robinson / Lennon or they would immediately be consigned to a small afterword in the history books.

People are being easily duped into something terrible, something I dare say Lee himself would be horrified by, and something that all of our armed services should (and are legally required to) be distanced from.

People are attracted to them because they feel ostracized and alienated from the major political parties who they feel have consistently refused to act on the genuine fears that many Britons feel.
They feel betrayed and let down by career politicians who put personal advancement and gain before the interests and wishes of the people of this country.
In addition, EDL speak in straight forward no-nonsense language and lack the double-speak, bluster and spin that all the major political parties increasingly use.
And those words are spoken by real people who they can relate to and not some upper-middle class twat or toff who has absolutely no understanding or interest in the cares and concerns of British people.

The wilful disdain the Tories, Labour and LibDems have consistently shown the British people is driving them in droves in to the hands of EDL and even UKIP.

We're sleepwalking into a far-right era, and the last time that happened we ended up with genocide, world war, cities destroyed...

I don't think so - it seems I have more faith in the British people than you do - but it's time people started having some open and honest discussions free from PC rhetoric and political dogma and politicians started taking into serious consideration the wishes and concerns of the British people.

I could waffle on for hours but I have no desire to bore the tits off you or anyone else and I feel this isn't the time or place.

the only reason for it is complete and utter ignorance by an idiot population of tabloid readers.

But you are just as guilty as falling for MSM bollocks by buying into their cross the board condemnation and demonisation of EDL and it's supporters as they are.

And let's not lose sight of the bare facts - the blame lies with those who carry out these atrocious attacks and the politicians and their incompetence and the contempt they have for all of us.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Chamberlain comes to mind.

There is a creeping infestation, incompatible with the traditions of the free world, and all who wish to feel good by defending, pacifying, bargaining, dickering, negotiating, dealing, ad nauseum, are no different the Chamberlain himself.

Appeasement did not work for ole Neville, and it won't work now.

The men of Lee's army, and the men of Meade's army, met in the evening at Spangler's Spring, Gettysburg PA, USA, where they had access to fresh water, then in the morning would commence to blow each other to smithereens.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Well I for one have never said, or implied, that it's all Muslims - but the minority is growing.

How is the minority of extremists within the Muslim community growing?
There hasn't been a successful extremist attack on UK soil in eight years prior to this. The EDL were dying out and fading away because they had nothing to protest against.

The incidents they keep quoting as excuses are generally examples of freedom of speech. Burning a poppy, however distasteful to many, IS NOT ILLEGAL. Protesting troops isn't either.
Yes, there are a few nutters who have preached some pretty violent stuff, but they are in an even smaller minority, watched by MI5, and haven't had a platform to preach from for years.

Aside from a few obvious examples of radical preaching by a minority, nothing has changed. And funnily enough, the EDL screams about freedom of speech when it's their views on a street, but they fail to understand freedom of speech when it's another group they disagree with.

A Muslim person can believe or say what they like, within reason, but the EDL are not happy with this, using it as an example while also claiming their right to freedom of speech.

They aren't fascists.
I'd like to see MSM give them an opportunity to express themselves at length and allow people to judge them with an open mind and not on cherry picked tidbits aimed at demonising and stigmatising.
But there's not a hope in hell of them being offered the same level playing field as the major political parties.
And let's face it, they'd have to get someone more articulate than that arsehole Robinson / Lennon or they would immediately be consigned to a small afterword in the history books.

The EDL is not a political party.
But I agree, I would love to see someone from their ranks on TV in a real debate with some intelligent people. It would do remarkable things to destroy their fascist group.

But you are just as guilty as falling for MSM bollocks by buying into their cross the board condemnation and demonisation of EDL and it's supporters as they are.

Right, so all the growing evidence about their fascist behaviour, their racism, the links to the BNP, National Front and Combat 18 is just some liberal media propaganda?

I hate to burst your bubble, but I don't generally believe the media about anything, I do my own research and find out information for myself...

This one is especially "non fascist".
For a little background info, this man and his friends were throwing the Nazi salute to a war memorial. Yeah, you heard me, British EDL members giving a Nazi salute to OUR war memorials in OUR capital city and they have the balls to claim they're not fascists?

Notice the fat man with the Swastika tattoo? He's been in the media a few times for the EDL (always with his shirt on, of course) claiming that the EDL is not racist, not fascist, has nothing to do with Nazism at all...

So, do you want to try again and attempt to convince me that these people are not racists, Nazis, fascists? None of this was presented to me by the media you accuse of being biased, this is all from my own research, through debate with others, through actual critical thinking and independent thought.

I don't need to believe any media, it's right there for anyone with half a brain to see. All it takes is a little reading. Google these people, watch some YouTube videos presented by others. Read their own Facebook pages, Tweets and websites!

Do some research on the leaders/organizers of the EDL

[I could add their names but don't want to breach any rules]

These people are known to be involved in several fascist organizations, and are also all core members of the EDL. This is not a secret.

It's not a fiction that these people are covered in Combat 18 tattoos, Swastikas and some of the most offensive fascist ideology you could ever see. It's no secret that these men have been involved in some violent racist actions. It's no secret that the people who operate the EDL have criminal records as long as my arm (and my arms are pretty long!)

Wake up, educate yourself about what you are supporting/defending.

The EDL is a fascist organization and - in my opinion - any British person supporting it is spitting in the face of every serving member of our armed forces, and pi**ing on the grave of every serving member who died defending this country from fascism.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join