It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mermaids

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Apparently the "weather balloon" of Mermaid-ology is the belief that sailors mistook Manatees (Images of Manatees) for beautiful topless sirens ready to lure them to their doom. If Mermaids do exist, I'm betting that they are underwater mole people living in deep sea caverns.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I've posted on a couple threads about this same topic.

To those who say it's all garbage, I reply:
At this site: press.discovery.com...
It says, and I quote: Editor's Note: This two-hour special is science fiction based on some real events and scientific theory.

Notice how it says some REAL EVENTS. Yea, the show was CGI, but based on some real events, and scientific theory. Has anyone discredited these real events? If not, then you can't scream debunked.

Personally, I believe it's completely possible for humans to have adapted to survive underwater (and possibly other extream climates aswell)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I think that we could have had ancestors that came from the sea. This idea is not so far fetched as some think.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by deathlord

yes that what I was saying we have only seen them since 2004. just like mermaids we see old cave paintings on them old Viking stories and what not.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

What a fascinating read, dear Brother. Please do tell us more about the good old days when faires and magical midgets roamed Mother Earth.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Babybarracudess
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Please tell me the fish/people nookie was a joke......If not, then here is one theory floating (no pun intended) around....Way back a bit after cavemen, certain groups, or tribes began living near the ocean. The benefits were many.....Superior brain growth from consuming fish and shellfish, water offering protection from predators, etc.....As more and more time was spent in water, evolution took the reins and gills and tails were not far behind. Some theorists say that womens long hair was for babies to grasp as we swam about.....Anyhew, it's late....nitenite

Actually I did watch this show and what you said here for the most part sums it up...except for the lungs evolving into gills thing. What they claim is that the caveman-ish people took to the water and would dive to escape predators and gather food. Over a long period of time, their bodies started to adapt and grow webbing in between their fingers, their legs somehow fused together and formed a tail, their eyes adapted to the low light underwater environment, etc...but they were still air breathing mammals like whales and dolphins. While they adapted to hold their breath for long periods, they still had to surface in order to breathe. Their lungs did not evolve into gills. Just clarifying the claims.

And I'm certainly not saying that I buy into this - especially with the incredibly fakey, amateurish videos that they claimed were real. I can see how the theory could work and, who knows - maybe there are mermaids out there. But those videos were just so fakey. The dying mermaid on the beach suddenly reaching out to the kid while grimacing menacingly, the sudden mermaid hand slamming into the secret military porthole on the tank thing, and then the hand hitting the window of the submarine in the "new" new evidence show...it all looked so monster movie-ish...you know, like the monster always pops out of the darkness and makes you jump in your seat and spill your popcorn. That's what these videos looked like to me.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjsr420
I've posted on a couple threads about this same topic.

To those who say it's all garbage, I reply:
At this site: press.discovery.com...
It says, and I quote: Editor's Note: This two-hour special is science fiction based on some real events and scientific theory.

Notice how it says some REAL EVENTS. Yea, the show was CGI, but based on some real events, and scientific theory. Has anyone discredited these real events? If not, then you can't scream debunked.

Personally, I believe it's completely possible for humans to have adapted to survive underwater (and possibly other extream climates aswell)

The real events they reference are

Q: The bloop is real, the mass whale beachings are real. It really makes you think what else is really going on?

A: Even at the end of the film with dolphins cooperatively hunting with fisherman. That is also real and scientists have no idea where it came from. It’s one of the inexplicable partnerships on earth, the origins of it. How on earth did that get started?

Read more: Mermaids: The Body Found Q&A www.nypost.com...

Article

So no, none the mermaid stuff is real just an idea how mermaids could exist based on myth and theory.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I think that we could have had ancestors that came from the sea. This idea is not so far fetched as some think.

Actually we do have an ancestor that was a whale mammal that became the modern swine/pig Or was it a pig that backward migrated devolved into an aquatic being? Its called the "ANDREWSARKUS" (I am not kidding), and was discovered in 1998? I think it was originally a land mammal.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Observe survey planet... If for mineral interest @ times and team needed. Then Land & Sea extraction needed. And so it would be interesting if there IS was a genetic connection between Land & Sea surveyers extractors miners...
Land
Sea

LORD OF THE LAND & SEA

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
Its amazing how many emu's there are on this thread. Emu's with their heads stuck in the sand in shear denial.

Back in the days of Enoch the fallen Watchers did experiments with humans.These experiments involved mixing of animal and human DNA.Minators, Medusa's, mermaids, centaurs, satires, griffons, pegasus's were commonly seen during the days of Atlantis and ancient Greece.Go ahead, laugh now because when the aliens do show up and start doing their experiments again, you denialists are all going to be eating your words.

Boy did the Atlantians get spanked for dabbling in genetic cross-breeding (for house slaves of all things). I looked at this documentary a year ago (Mermaid: a body found) and the only thing that was the disclaimer was the animated "aquatic Ape Theory" proposed. That was IT as far as speculative concideration (animal planet was involved to That extent as a collaboration)--you really think theyd participate at all if this was a HOAX. The newer evidence coming forward is very compelling. There will be more. Navy Sonar tests are so old cold world war thinking, why do they bother with developing such technology. its insane; to what purpose, there will never be sea battles again ala the Pacific fleets/Midway. Is it because the Whales and Dophins hold this planet/its oceans in sinc to the magnetics of the earth, as they are the custodians of these magnetic fields, if destroyed set off a potencial chaos? What is the Navys purpose? Just musings (there are professional debunkers lurking out there for just this sort of topic; what are they afraid of) the truth escaping the clamped shut oyster shell.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JDirt

F&S for the OP!

I definitely believe that there is something to this phenomena. I first saw the original footage about a year ago and when I heard they had new evidence, I couldn't resist watching them both again and I have to say, it's mind blowing. The fact that they now have video footage of these things from four independent sources, pretty much clinches the deal for me. On top of that, the fact that the Danish government has issued the moratorium on gas & oil exploration while they figure this out, tells me that I'm not the only one who believes.

I also saw the special documentary on the giant, or should I say "colossal," squid and I have to agree with the statement that "we have no idea what's down there."

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I just want to say that I believe.

Why the heck not!

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Boy did the Atlantians get spanked for dabbling in genetic cross-breeding (for house slaves of all things). I looked at this documentary a year ago (Mermaid: a body found) and the only thing that was the disclaimer was the animated "aquatic Ape Theory" proposed. That was IT as far as speculative concideration (animal planet was involved to That extent as a collaboration)--you really think theyd participate at all if this was a HOAX. The newer evidence coming forward is very compelling. There will be more. Navy Sonar tests are so old cold world war thinking, why do they bother with developing such technology. its insane; to what purpose, there will never be sea battles again ala the Pacific fleets/Midway. Is it because the Whales and Dophins hold this planet/its oceans in sinc to the magnetics of the earth, as they are the custodians of these magnetic fields, if destroyed set off a potencial chaos? What is the Navys purpose? Just musings (there are professional debunkers lurking out there for just this sort of topic; what are they afraid of) the truth escaping the clamped shut oyster shell.

I happen to believe that these mermaids are actually out there and I think that those guys did a pretty good job of documenting their finds, at least to the extent that they could.

Now I'm going to attempt to provide what I think may be an answer to the question of "why would the Navy do this?" Let me start by saying that I am no expert in military weaponry but..... I've heard of these new high speed torpedoes that travel in excess of 2 or 3 hundred mph and I'm thinking that this sonar shock wave may have been developed as an underwater defense mechanism to protect naval vessels from incoming torpedoes. Just throwing that out there.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Q: The bloop is real, the mass whale beachings are real. It really makes you think what else is really going on?

A: Even at the end of the film with dolphins cooperatively hunting with fisherman. That is also real and scientists have no idea where it came from. It’s one of the inexplicable partnerships on earth, the origins of it. How on earth did that get started?

Wonder if anybody told him the bloop was solved?

Dziak explained to us the NOAA's findings, and confirmed that "the frequency and time-duration characteristics of the Bloop signal are consistent, and essentially identical, to icequake signals we have recorded off Antarctica". He explained: "We began an acoustic survey of the Bransfield Strait and Drake Passage in 2005 which lasted until 2010. It was in analysis of this recent acoustic data that it became clear that the sounds of ice breaking up and cracking is a dominant source of natural sound in the southern ocean. Each year there are tens of thousands of what we call 'icequakes' created by the cracking and melting of sea ice and ice calving off glaciers into the ocean, and these signals are very similar in character to the Bloop."

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Originally posted by Flatfish

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
I happen to believe that these mermaids are actually out there and I think that those guys did a pretty good job of documenting their finds, at least to the extent that they could.

Now I'm going to attempt to provide what I think may be an answer to the question of "why would the Navy do this?" Let me start by saying that I am no expert in military weaponry but..... I've heard of these new high speed torpedoes that travel in excess of 2 or 3 hundred mph and I'm thinking that this sonar shock wave may have been developed as an underwater defense mechanism to protect naval vessels from incoming torpedoes. Just throwing that out there.

Oh, I hadnt thought of that; it makes sense; shock wave disruption of the water would almost repell incoming torpedoes; OR at the least stop them dead in water, floating/ultimately sinking buoys. How funny (not so much), why am I thinking of the Abyss, the armed warhead sitting on a shelf somewhere DEEP. Moviedome meets Navy shenagigans meets merpeople. Wouldnt it be nice if Mickey Mouse would stop building LosAngeles class nuclear Submarines (snicker). If one were to envision another Pacific War Theator, say 1941 YES this could be a great weapoone/tarpoon (reach out and touch you type) . Can we time travel yet; Tesla says we can. Maybe the Navy is preparing for an armagedon that it could actually use this tech eventually, providing another world war is in the senario 50 or so years ago.
edit on 29-5-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky
Apparently the "weather balloon" of Mermaid-ology is the belief that sailors mistook Manatees (Images of Manatees) for beautiful topless sirens ready to lure them to their doom. If Mermaids do exist, I'm betting that they are underwater mole people living in deep sea caverns.

Nope Jules Verne was never mentioned in the documentary. Leonardo DaVinci has drawn anatomically correct renderings of these creatures. Where how did this occure, what access did he have to corpses; any and every he was not a grave robber but had sufficient sources to find him oddities, not excluding the dead humans he mapped extensively. Got to look at his backwards writing style descibing exactly what he was drawing. The only thing similar to the Mermaid and the manatee is the shape of the tail, on the manatee is much thicker and clumsy. I was thinking about the "Morlocks", where does the mole people reference come from?

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by MrSpad

Wonder if anybody told him the bloop was solved?

Dziak explained to us the NOAA's findings, and confirmed that "the frequency and time-duration characteristics of the Bloop signal are consistent, and essentially identical, to icequake signals we have recorded off Antarctica". He explained: "We began an acoustic survey of the Bransfield Strait and Drake Passage in 2005 which lasted until 2010. It was in analysis of this recent acoustic data that it became clear that the sounds of ice breaking up and cracking is a dominant source of natural sound in the southern ocean. Each year there are tens of thousands of what we call 'icequakes' created by the cracking and melting of sea ice and ice calving off glaciers into the ocean, and these signals are very similar in character to the Bloop."

That was not ice breaking; those were accoustical signatures of oceanborn mammals. Southern ocean is no where near Greenland. None of this research was anywhere near Continental ICE FLOWS/PACTS (was it?). Icequake signals, occure as Language, are you saying that ICE is trying to communicate to us. This is most intrigueing, or at best communicates its sloughing off to each other (as sentient beings), "GET OUT OF WAY!, OTHERWISE WE MAY HAVE A BIG WRECK".

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JDirt

I'm watching this stuff on animal planet right now and I'm really glad your thread is here so I can say, I'm really being swayed towards believing the are mermaids. I was completely skeptical at the beginning making jokes but with what PT Barnum had in 1865 matching the description perfectly this is really becoming hard to deny.
I believe in hoax'x but I don't believe in elaborate hoax's.
edit on 29-5-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Franz von Humboldt
reply to post by Rapha

What a fascinating read, dear Brother. Please do tell us more about the good old days when faires and magical midgets roamed Mother Earth.

................ good old days........like when the Bible tells stories of Jonah living inside a fish for three days and other hard to believe fables that most fundamentalists and others take literally as fact........ yet most morons believe the Bible. How's Rapha's theories any different?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Franz von Humboldt
reply to post by Rapha

Imagine you are a person that does sculptures. There you are chiselling away one day at the wall a picture of your god leader.

For fun you make his head a bird. Ra notices this and has you hung slung and quartered on the spot.

Ra is always a bipedal with a bird head. Because the half man, half eagle nephilim was exactly that.

And lets not forget the dog, Set. Hmmm, men are dogs these days.

Ra (tweet tweet)

Why is EVERY PICTURE of Ra, A Bird Headed Man if he wasn't ?

Set (woof)

Why was EVERY PICTURE of Set, A Jackal Headed Man if he wasn't ?

As for the 'good ole days', when it was paradise, full of lush green landscapes, crystal clear lagoons, clean fresh air and no burning heat from the sun. Yeah, witnessed that recently. It really was Heaven on earth; once.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join