It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mermaids

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander123
Now they are making fake documentaries... great

Why not? Tit for Tat. We start making the false docs to get to the truth (a truth). Its been done by Warner Bros. Cartoon Dept. for decades, Pixar, Lance. I have a problem with Avatar, vs Titanic vs real life, its starting to melt together.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I'll bite, but just curious as to which fake documentaries you are talking about? Which ones are fake that have turned out to be truthful? I mean the Titanic movie you mentioned was just a romanticized version of what happened to the Titanic, but we all knew long ago it was sunk by an iceberg.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathlord

I'll bite, but just curious as to which fake documentaries you are talking about? Which ones are fake that have turned out to be truthful? I mean the Titanic movie you mentioned was just a romanticized version of what happened to the Titanic, but we all knew long ago it was sunk by an iceberg.

They are not documentaries. They are what is spammed everyday every channel. The human diatribe. We watch ourselves, (not living as us) we prefer to watch our beings pay for the pleasure of envisioning ourselves embraced in drama, murder you name it, cartoonized as the Lion King. Have you ever thought what the reason for any of this is (ENTERTAINMENT). ITs better to envision something and have it play out as your unspeakable rage at the situation of this lifetime than ACT UPON that RAGE. Its a quell pill. Its a "look at you humans watching yourselves intsead of BEING YOURSELVES. A movie made about the Titanic is just as valid as its initial sinking, whats the point, THE DRAMA. You are always in Distraction MODE; why, because you might rebel otherwise; against this ridiculous conflagulation of UN-TRUTHS. I see it as nothing less than another attempt at appeasing the masses the same way the Romans did with the Colluseum; and the Events held there, Christians against Lions and Tigers, A DISTRACTION from the real truths, you are being appeased and nulified and dont know it.
edit on 8-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

All television and movies are is glorified storytelling. You do know there has been storytelling for as long as man has existed. Was Beowulf told to quell the people of the time, I'm pretty sure they still went out and killed plenty of people. The Odyssey surely didn't quell any people, if anything it probably inspired young ones to be more courageous and adventurous, and both of those examples were made into movies today. Which brings it all back around, movies and TV are just glorified storytelling, same exact thing except now we have images and don't need an actual person to relay the story to us.

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathlord

All television and movies are is glorified storytelling. You do know there has been storytelling for as long as man has existed. Was Beowulf told to quell the people of the time, I'm pretty sure they still went out and killed plenty of people. The Odyssey surely didn't quell any people, if anything it probably inspired young ones to be more courageous and adventurous, and both of those examples were made into movies today. Which brings it all back around, movies and TV are just glorified storytelling, same exact thing except now we have images and don't need an actual person to relay the story to us.

Sure TV and movies are storytelling, so is the 'Oral Tradition" "Scribing--Books" and really LAME pictography, lithographs, drawings, paintings. You are taking the premise of the Romans, quell the public with circus-like demonstations in our Colloseium. The Odyssey (if in print) would could have been the CARTOON book version of Avatar or The LION King; problem very few people knew how to read; therefore THEATER PERFORMANCES become the standard. Movies and TV are not just glorified storytelling, they are the big brother telling you how to laugh behave and think. Its ingenious its playfull its deadly. As you say we have the context, the first page "content" page and no longer have to really think for ourselves as those things discribe a mode of behavior we follow, OOPs what happenned to the 10 commandments, Im still waiting for Steven Spielbergs ET or his next movie
"The 1st encounter of the 16th kind". We become the movie? We believe the MOVIE, its incidious, we should be all over Hollywood to join in; creating the next "HUMAN AS ITSELF WATCHED B. movie". "BOWFINGER II", combined script with "THE TRUE FAKE STORY OF SPARTICUS, starring Michael Douglas the 4th) that would make a great Behold "IT CAME FROM KUCHAR" F movie.

edit on 9-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander123
Now they are making fake documentaries... great

you haven't watched the history channel in a while have you?

it's filled with them.
edit on 13-6-2013 by Blahable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
this video is 2k under the water ..

I just got done watching the whole documentary...I'm intrigued and sad

I see a re-occurrence of the 'hand against the window' by this species .. the first one where P.T.Barnum's Mermaid did the same thing, the right hand against the glass...personally...either it's a 'handshake', a plea, or a gesture to 'stay away'

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
this video is 2k under the water ..

I just got done watching the whole documentary...I'm intrigued and sad

I see a re-occurrence of the 'hand against the window' by this species .. the first one where P.T.Barnum's Mermaid did the same thing, the right hand against the glass...personally...either it's a 'handshake', a plea, or a gesture to 'stay away'

Komodo, I was deeply moved by this faked documentary, It HURT MY BEING. I have a feeling that its real and faked as at least an ideaform REAL. The gestures of the hands, plea, help me whatever or the stay away from us was plain. Personally I think its real, and faked to as to at least bring the human into a new awareness of other potencial beings, this specie US is so programmed it wouldnt see the truth in its own beingness, it actually believes in a God that hasnt proclaimed itself. I have been ridiculed for thinking its a true fakumentary, but one cannot NOT see something called COMPASSION, at least for the mammal species we KNOW exist in the Oceans and are our closest relatives (dolphin recognises itself in a mirror just as we do). Who could not see this Faked Documentary and not see THE POINT IS ITS TRUE otherwise 'make a movie and have James Cameron produce it'. Avatars as Mermaids. Brilliant. What surprises me is the vitriolic comments that follow posts such as this; what is there to debate, its a fake-u-mentary, granted---however there is more to it ALL than meets the naysayers squinted eyes. There was a reason this was produced, and not for entertainment value.
edit on 16-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
OK I just watched the documentary and I am wondering if anyone has seen or heard about spears in fish. Old fisherman's tales never are boring so it would be an interesting read.

The video of the phone is obviously fake. No one keeps his phone that steady while recording ones feet, next to the cgi mermaid.

What does strikes me is the relation between dolphins and humans, not only the docutainmen, bit also their intrest in us. Some will have read the thread about a dolphing swimming and asking for help

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass
OK I just watched the documentary and I am wondering if anyone has seen or heard about spears in fish. Old fisherman's tales never are boring so it would be an interesting read.

The video of the phone is obviously fake. No one keeps his phone that steady while recording ones feet, next to the cgi mermaid.

What does strikes me is the relation between dolphins and humans, not only the docutainmen, bit also their intrest in us. Some will have read the thread about a dolphing swimming and asking for help

That and the fact they are mammals, very confusing and the only specie other than us and the African Grey Parrot that recognises itself as ITSELF in a mirror (self realization).
edit on 19-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The one that cant be faked was the one where the fish gets the spear, and is observed by the remote camera. Then the British coastguard one was compelling, no ones going to go out in a coastguard boat in that weather to fake anything. Mabey we couldn't handle the truth that we share this planet with another form of human. Same thing as aliens to freaky to have to comprehend .So denial ,and back to comfort ville.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonentity

The one that cant be faked was the one where the fish gets the spear, and is observed by the remote camera. Then the British coastguard one was compelling, no ones going to go out in a coastguard boat in that weather to fake anything. Mabey we couldn't handle the truth that we share this planet with another form of human. Same thing as aliens to freaky to have to comprehend .So denial ,and back to comfort ville.

There is so much more to these fakumentaries than meets the eye. There is 'REAL footage" there, NOT FAKED interspersed. Its funny that a truism portayed as false is just as ridiculed as a false protrayed as truth. A huge joke is playing out here and no one seems to get it. I can handle the truth; its being presented as a fake story (really, not so sure). I think ideaforms are introduced in a way that will not frighten initially the larger public. Why are they presented at all, James Cameron with "Avatar" (a dream he says he had) or "The Abyss" is doing the same thing, preparing us for something, Steven Spielberg with "Close Encounters of a Third Kind". We cant handle the truth because its been hidden from us and other than hints given to us through Directors/Moviedome we'd not have any direction for the imagination to flow. I know we are being indocrinated as to the truth of things, or possibles, Great movie to see, District 9.

edit on 21-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

You could be right, I guess its all about how information is processed, like If you were an average joe during the "Black death" you'd have processed the deaths as a judgement from God. Now it would be processed as a public service problem due to Vermin. The two ways of looking at it have a vast effect on the outcome of the plague, one where all the Rats get wasted, save millions of deaths, the other by placing it in the hand of God has the tendency to fill the graves. The fact that there might actually be another form of tool using human, that has adapted to the Oceans ,does strange things in its perception. We are mainly terrestrial, but are tending to use the Oceans as ours, but whats the legal status of this other intelligence if they actually exist, and there legal claim on the Ocean. India has declared Dolphins as non human persons.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

There is so much more to these fakumentaries than meets the eye. There is 'REAL footage" there, NOT FAKED interspersed. Its funny that a truism portayed as false is just as ridiculed as a false protrayed as truth. A huge joke is playing out here and no one seems to get it. I can handle the truth; its being presented as a fake story (really, not so sure). I think ideaforms are introduced in a way that will not frighten initially the larger public. Why are they presented at all, James Cameron with "Avatar" (a dream he says he had) or "The Abyss" is doing the same thing, preparing us for something, Steven Spielberg with "Close Encounters of a Third Kind". We cant handle the truth because its been hidden from us and other than hints given to us through Directors/Moviedome we'd not have any direction for the imagination to flow. I know we are being indocrinated as to the truth of things, or possibles, Great movie to see, District 9.

You make a very interesting reading.

Anyway..wanted to ask...Why we can't handle the "truth" (if there is any apart from what we know) ? Why is that? I'm not talking about the economy or religion or politics...but individually? I don't think my world would crumble if a fact came about...that mermaids are real...or aliens. When I think about such possibilities...I feel excitement and awe.

Is it because I'm not religious ? Or who's world would crumble if Aliens (or mermaids) turned out to be real...but let's say for the sake of argument...that they are benevolent and mean us no harm...who's world would crumble and why?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
Its amazing how many emu's there are on this thread. Emu's with their heads stuck in the sand in shear denial.

Back in the days of Enoch the fallen Watchers did experiments with humans.

These experiments involved mixing of animal and human DNA.

Minators, Medusa's, mermaids, centaurs, satires, griffons, pegasus's were commonly seen during the days of Atlantis and ancient Greece.

Go ahead, laugh now because when the aliens do show up and start doing their experiments again, you denialists are all going to be eating your words.

Ugh, now I remember why I stopped participating in this forum.

Too many people that are utterly hostile and spout the same "YOU'RE JUST A NON-BELIEVER AND YOU'RE STUPID" rubbish.

It's a discussion forum, not a "This is what I believe but despite having zero proof I am 100% correct and you are utterly wrong, end of thread." forum. Get a #ing grip.

It's not about "denialists". For instance, I believe in alien life, I don't know if they're visiting or not, but I believe in them. I also do not believe that 99% of the UFO/Alien stuff is true. I do not believe the world is run by a world order of alien hybrids.

Why? Because there is no proof, there is a bit of historical text that gets twisted (and can be twisted in a million different ways to suit any argument, hence the success of religion - as this is typically what all religion does).

Yet, I believe in Aliens, why? A personal opinion, I won't berate someone who doesn't believe it, because there's no proof. I simply believe it because of odds.

Learn to participate in a discussion or # off, seriously. If anyone is a denialist here it's you, because you will deny till the end any argument that remotely impacts your own belief, that's denial. I'd suggest reading a book or educating yourself on how to be a rounded human being but I suspect even that won't help.
edit on 21-6-2013 by Motive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

You make a very interesting reading.
Anyway..wanted to ask...Why we can't handle the "truth" (if there is any apart from what we know) ? Why is that? I'm not talking about the economy or religion or politics...but individually? I don't think my world would crumble if a fact came about...that mermaids are real...or aliens. When I think about such possibilities...I feel excitement and awe. Is it because I'm not religious ? Or who's world would crumble if Aliens (or mermaids) turned out to be real...but let's say for the sake of argument...that they are benevolent and mean us no harm...who's world would crumble and why?

We are given a portion of the truth. Its not that we cant handle it, its because for some reason the beings 'incharge' continue to treat us as children or fodder, or manipulated masses. It has nothing to do with anything other than the commercial aspect of the human and its comodity as an energy producer, meaning the emotional componant to our beings is energy, eaten by others. I am not religious, but I am a spiritual being, its my right as an indivdual born. Whos world would crumble, those in power that control the monetary, media, and to some extent the profligators/reapers from Set in Stone Religious Communities/doctrines. They have the most to fear in any kind of revelation of another intellegence existing, whether on or off planet (BECAUSE their God did not inform them of it first) and if not why not? God hasnt shown itself to them either. What is being hidden, the fact that the material exists in the 4th dimension, and sometimes slips into the 3rd ON PURPOSE, showing up as Merpeople, Aliens. This planet used to be 3.3 in vibration, so slips were common, weve fallen to 3.0, its much harder to manefest in this density than it used to be, that does not mean that those inhabiting the 4th are not right next to you, you just cant see them, they are vibrating at too fast a rate of frequency.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

You could be right, I guess its all about how information is processed, like If you were an average joe during the "Black death" you'd have processed the deaths as a judgement from God. Now it would be processed as a public service problem due to Vermin. The two ways of looking at it have a vast effect on the outcome of the plague, one where all the Rats get wasted, save millions of deaths, the other by placing it in the hand of God has the tendency to fill the graves. The fact that there might actually be another form of tool using human, that has adapted to the Oceans ,does strange things in its perception. We are mainly terrestrial, but are tending to use the Oceans as ours, but whats the legal status of this other intelligence if they actually exist, and there legal claim on the Ocean. India has declared Dolphins as non human persons.

India has declared dolphins non human persons. That is very interesting. Was that from a buddist/hindu ideology or scientic/anthropologic (doesnt matter). During the Bubonic plague you are right, you would have seen it as Gods Judgement, not from the rats transported by ship accidentally/unknowingly. Norwiegian I think? Rats get wasted, no, Pied Piper Fairy Story not in print yet to alert the human Rats may be vermin, carrying disease. Hand of God filled mass graves after fire consumed the piles of them. Perhaps the Demi=Gods that be (not Origin) decided once again to cull the human; theyve been using the same tricks for eons. We think we know the ocean. Probably the last frontier, as we cant get to it to explore it, and there is probably a reason for that, it is occupied and owned by others, OFF LIMITS.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Yep and there is only one ocean ,and many fragmented pieces of land on this planet. Its conceivable that evolution would flow faster in the one environment than in all the fragmented ones. So the fact that if intelligence exists in the depths it might shine brighter than ours. The squid who has eyes that are like ours, developed the camera like eye totally independently. Which means as far as astro. biology goes ther's no reason it cant happen on other planets. The Merman might not even be an aquatic ape. On land on the other hand we are now no longer part of the food chain, human numbers started to explode tens of thousand of years ago from a limited number held stable by food shortage disease and predation wars etc. But in the sea id hazard a guess if the "mer" people exist, there numbers might be about the same as ours were before the population explosions due to agriculture. IE. they would be hunter gatherers, with a few special places for giving birth to young etc....and there's plenty of those in the Ocean, away from what would probably be there greatest danger, ie. modern humans. If the fact that they travel with Whales could be believed, then the slaughter we inflicted on the Whales for their oil to fuel the industrial revolution, would certainly have marked us as something to stay away from.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Yep and there is only one ocean ,and many fragmented pieces of land on this planet. Its conceivable that evolution would flow faster in the one environment than in all the fragmented ones. So the fact that if intelligence exists in the depths it might shine brighter than ours. The squid who has eyes that are like ours, developed the camera like eye totally independently. Which means as far as astro. biology goes ther's no reason it cant happen on other planets. The Merman might not even be an aquatic ape. On land on the other hand we are now no longer part of the food chain, human numbers started to explode tens of thousand of years ago from a limited number held stable by food shortage disease and predation wars etc. But in the sea id hazard a guess if the "mer" people exist, there numbers might be about the same as ours were before the population explosions due to agriculture. IE. they would be hunter gatherers, with a few special places for giving birth to young etc....and there's plenty of those in the Ocean, away from what would probably be there greatest danger, ie. modern humans. If the fact that they travel with Whales could be believed, then the slaughter we inflicted on the Whales for their oil to fuel the industrial revolution, would certainly have marked us as something to stay away from.

There is a story, not a myth as much that the land based 'pig' became the aquatic mammal (whale, dolphin). There are too many similarities, in the specie "andrewsarcus" swine DNA and the whale. Perhaps its a hoaxarama (again) but the information is out there. Aquatic Ape was the only part of the Fakeumentary I had a problem with and I do not know why, as it was intrigueing, but just did not resonate, Im more for the aquatic 'Pig' than I am for the Ape (laughter I know follows). I see no reason not to speculate upon any of these things, without that we would not have half the knowlege we as humans documented now exist as fact, Merpeople have been written about for centuries, but at this point in time, people may think Herodotus or Homer, Virgil are arcane vestible limbs of some literary backwater. There seems to be no open mindedness left for us, there is a concerted attack upon the suggestion or mere innocence of SPECULATION. What is the fear? I remember the tearing limb from limb arguements regarding the Ostrich debates (is it a remnant/reduntant dinosaur or not) YES, and the idea that dinosaurs would/could have been scaled or feathered. It is a terrible thing humans have done to the Whale, they were never meant to be a byproduct for human consumption, that is the job of the FISH (and they know this just as cattle, deer, pigs understand their roles to nurish US). Ocean mammals are not keen to being used as a natural resource, they have a different job, maintaining the integrity of Earths magnetic fields. Im no expert, just an interested lay person.
edit on 23-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Yes and in a lot of old maps you see "There be mermaids" then the industrial revolution started the slaughter of the whales to a point that some must have gone extinct. Also the religious aspect of peoples lives then might well have stopped them from reporting these anomalies for fear of being in touch with demons etc. Any rational being living in an aquatic environment would have learnt to stay a long way from the shipping routes , and whale hunting grounds as a result. If the results of the stomach contents of the great white in south Africa did contain a merperson, then they are part of the ocean food chain, and there numbers would be far lower than ours.
I wonder if seals were a dog that went aquatic at some stage? Either way genes must be working very fast to change there shape in such a short time. As humans its been worked out by checking the DNA of head and pubic lice, that they became different about a hundred thousand years back, when humans are said to have lost all there body hair. This must have been the time when humans spent a lot of time standing in water, which could account for us only having hair on the head .But I doubt that a hundred and fifty thousand years is enough for an aquatic version of us to develop.But on the other hand there might have been a few branches of humans back then Neanderthal included.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join