It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mermaids

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonentity
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Yes and in a lot of old maps you see "There be mermaids" then the industrial revolution started the slaughter of the whales to a point that some must have gone extinct. Also the religious aspect of peoples lives then might well have stopped them from reporting these anomalies for fear of being in touch with demons etc. Any rational being living in an aquatic environment would have learnt to stay a long way from the shipping routes , and whale hunting grounds as a result. If the results of the stomach contents of the great white in south Africa did contain a merperson, then they are part of the ocean food chain, and there numbers would be far lower than ours.
I wonder if seals were a dog that went aquatic at some stage? Either way genes must be working very fast to change there shape in such a short time. As humans its been worked out by checking the DNA of head and pubic lice, that they became different about a hundred thousand years back, when humans are said to have lost all there body hair. This must have been the time when humans spent a lot of time standing in water, which could account for us only having hair on the head .But I doubt that a hundred and fifty thousand years is enough for an aquatic version of us to develop.But on the other hand there might have been a few branches of humans back then Neanderthal included.

If you are a darwinist, 100 thousand years would amount to nothing in evolving a specie. If a Creationist, everything 'popped' into being as itself pure form. Niether makes sense. I dont even know if intellegent design has a say. What if we are both flora and fauna designed by another specie, lab tested. Its the only irrational way of explaining us as experiments. Separated by seas, mountains, various geographical insurmountables, so every 'pod human community' is isolated. It explains the races, the language differences, the failing of some---the Neanderthal, the Clovis people. Why do some humans grow beards, others not (native americans, islanders, those of oriental bloodlines). Because they were genetically engineered to their region? I think the religous was necessary 'tour de force' to stop any questioning of the nature of our coming to be. It still does, and the remant is the scientific community is hostile to the Religious, and its distrust is well earned. I have mentioned this before on another thread, my family blood line has been studied, we carry no marker gene that determines us as ever having been interbred. No mitochondral Eve, no Creationism, No Darwinism as never having evolved from a common sourse within the human race. This study was done by the Univ. of Az (both the anthropolgy and Genectics Colleges combined to administer all kinds of tests, Mastication, body measurements etc). I dont see whale or dolphin skins as being much different than our own, or pigskin. Smooth. The dog becomes the seal? why not, why does it have hair, insulation, why is it a fish eating dog? Why do penguins have hairlike feathering, insulation. This planet is a Living Library of Species that live NO where else and never would as the differing envonments that exist here on Earth do not exist anywhere else other than the imagination.
edit on 24-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Considering that the whole flora and fauna of earth is interlinked, and depends upon the smallest most prolific breeders at the bottom of the food chain to support the larger forms (higher forms) in the sea Krill, and on land insects. Then evolution cant be considered in isolation to everything else . Which might tend to suggest at some level there is only one life. That's interlinked and might even be a shared consciousness. Which seems to merge slightly at the sea land borders, where webbing is prevalent. beaches estuaries etc. This is written in the nine month gestation period of humans. First the fertilised cell starts to develop, and then it goes through all manner of metamorphus even a fish with gills, then into a form which is exactly like a pig embryo, then finaly a human infant, which is ejected out into the world, but the world it can be ejected into can quite happily be aquatic, hence the fashion of aquatic births. Some humans are born with webbing on hands and feet, suggesting that there might already be an aquatic version of us all ready written in our genes, and already to go if the need should ever arise. For instance junk DNA. Not being junk at all but backup DNA. Ready to do some interesting things if environmental pressures change.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Considering that the whole flora and fauna of earth is interlinked, and depends upon the smallest most prolific breeders at the bottom of the food chain to support the larger forms (higher forms) in the sea Krill, and on land insects. Then evolution cant be considered in isolation to everything else . Which might tend to suggest at some level there is only one life. That's interlinked and might even be a shared consciousness. Which seems to merge slightly at the sea land borders, where webbing is prevalent. beaches estuaries etc. This is written in the nine month gestation period of humans. First the fertilised cell starts to develop, and then it goes through all manner of metamorphus even a fish with gills, then into a form which is exactly like a pig embryo, then finaly a human infant, which is ejected out into the world, but the world it can be ejected into can quite happily be aquatic, hence the fashion of aquatic births. Some humans are born with webbing on hands and feet, suggesting that there might already be an aquatic version of us all ready written in our genes, and already to go if the need should ever arise. For instance junk DNA. Not being junk at all but backup DNA. Ready to do some interesting things if environmental pressures change.

All of the flora, fauna is interwoven as an ecosystem meant to maintain itself within certain perameters. Non interference; the major one disease (some say by a comet impact carrier of outside organisms) that ruined the otherwise perfect experiment. Larger organisms consuming smaller is very childlike (as I was taught, with the bigger the fish analogy). If you contemplated intellegent design at its best, we are all connected componets of the whole, at its worst ideological, A Gods handiwork is recognisable, and for some remains/is repugnant. The fact of the Fibonaci Spiral known, existing and mathmatically indisputable; describing everything from fetus to shells called by some the diagram/blueprint of creation is outstanding in that the same entity begins with the same blueprint. Rupert Sheldrake calls it Primordial Past/Present memory that lies within our DNA and cannot help itself as a given tangible, morphic resonance, vibration. "The Presense Of the Past" (the habits of nature). Junk DNA, we have only 2 strands that work. We are supposed to have 12 the other 10 are the Junk. We we were 'deprogrammed' a long time ago as being too perfect and too close; exacting a God Aspect, jealousy was involved here between the created and creator. We know enough about water to hold our breath when swimming, all other land based mammals keep their heads above, this would be the the same instinctual reaction. This thing regarding the mammal/water/land and why some are waterborn, landbased is interesting. Even if I accepted the notion Earth is the ultimate ZOO, botanical garden WHY? WHAT IS THE POINT. Certainly not for our entertainment as we are in the next cage over from the Pachyiderms, and who is paying the price of admission to view?
edit on 24-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I watched the "mermaid body found" program and I do believe they might exist because of some of the compelling evidence like the spears made of stingray spikes that were found in fish and reports from all around the world and all eras, but I'm put off by all the cgi trailers of the show and the fact that they were refering to vids like this as hard evidence.

I mean come on, am I supposed to buy this?

I don't.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GreatestOfAllTime

Well health and safety would have a field day with anyone setting that up, let alone the insurance, for any actors. I'm ambivalent. I read a book entitled something like "Monsters from time and space" way back in the sixties, and in it discussed a strange merperson washed up around Southampton in the UK. The body was shorter than the ones suggested by the documentaries. A merchild pheraps .But it was well documented. I'll try and find the chapter.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

What do you mean? This could've been made without endangering anyone's safety, I mean the boat doesn't even have to be at full sea to photoshop in the sea and the creature. Even if it was, how were those people in danger?

The way this scene was setup is way too reminiscent of a hollywood movie with the hand piercing through the net and the whole net coming loose so it could escape.

You really feel this vid is the real deal?

It screams fake to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I saw this documentary in France, and I think it's a half real. I'm not convinced by some evidences, but it exist one thing under sea, it's sure.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I just don't know if its real or not, but a few things tend to make me think there might be something out there. Like a South African blogger, that says she's seen one washed up and they are not that pretty. Or even Columbus that reports that they saw two Mermaids in 1497 but he added although there faces look human they are not as nice looking as artists depict them. Also the scientist that worked for the "Mermaids the evidence" actually did exist....but was played by an actor. But apparently his website was shut down. The arcane looking tools made from stingray stings exist, but don't fit any known ethnic harpoons.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

You are not supposed to buy anything, think for yourself and question why you are replying to this thread of JDirts. No one is presupposing anything, or claiming truths. You are premature and seem threatenned. NO one is of certain opinion or claims to be. Who knows how much of this Doctored fake-umentary is actually BASED IN FACT. Im telling you there is more here than meets the eye. Go back a few pages (THE BEGINNING) you might get the jist of the conversation. There are no idiots here, we understand the problem of its premise (merpeople) not proven, however there is much evidence to the contrary in historical writings.

edit on 26-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I don't think I like the tone of your post. It seems like you are the one that feels threatened.

Did you read my initial post? It seems like you didn't.

I watched the "mermaid body found" program and I do believe they might exist because of some of the compelling evidence like the spears made of stingray spikes that were found in fish and reports from all around the world and all eras, but I'm put off by all the cgi trailers of the show and the fact that they were refering to vids like this as hard evidence.

Again, I believe they might exist, I am just annoyed by all the fake stuff that is being presented as evidence.

Capice?

No one is presupposing anything, or claiming truths.

That is actually exactly what they have been doing with this show.
edit on 26-6-2013 by GreatestOfAllTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Well, alright then.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
if it is true that they have found weapons made from sting rays in the bodies of deep sea fishes then that would undeniable proof but that show was a mock documentary made to show case the sea ape hypothesis so i do not know if any mer weapons were every really found
edit on 26-6-2013 by truthontheloose because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
www.santharia.com... tell me what you guys think

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Sounds like a saga to equal the "Lord of the Rings"...." I bet them merefolk can tell a tale or three"

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Allready been posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

www.pattayadailynews.com...

Now I think this is real and was put to press before anyone could get it pulled, I bet its not in any place for viewing.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimghost

This video was supposedly just filmed a few days ago in Israel,Showing a Creature sitting on the Rocks,then once it discovers its being watched,jumps in the water and swims off. It looks very much like the (mermaid) corpse that everyone is talking about.

I don't think anyone looked at this video.

They are missing quite a mystery!

I saw this earlier today and I must say It was very convincing to me.

I wish others would have a gander at it so I could some responces

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

www.pattayadailynews.com...

Now I think this is real and was put to press before anyone could get it pulled, I bet its not in any place for viewing.

What does have to do with Mermaids

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
This video was supposedly just filmed a few days ago in Israel,

Already posted page 3, post posted more than a month ago. Just a hoax

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Well if there was an aquatic human, its reasonable to assume they would be different races species etc, the police said he'd seen one before it had webbed hands, i don't know of any webbed handed fish.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join