It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge anti-gay marriage protest in France

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
News story was on Yahoo! News for a few moments, before being scrubbed

www.bbc.co.uk...

"They are rallying against the law recently signed by President Francois Hollande, following heated debates.

Officials have warned that violent hardliners could infiltrate the rally, but it has so far been peaceful.

Fifty protesters were arrested on Saturday evening for blocking the capital's Champs-Elysees avenue.

France is now the ninth country in Europe, and 14th globally, to legalise gay marriage.

But French people have been bitterly divided over the issue. On Tuesday, a far-right historian shot himself dead in Notre Dame Cathedral, leaving messages in which he denounced gay marriage."

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Nice to see people stand up for what’s right.
Good for them.
USA could take a lesson.
I just hope no one changes the name of French Fries again.

peace

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
To be expected. I dont find this to be real news... I mean. So what.. they wont get anywhere with this. We have moved on in Europe and they just have to keep up.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Marriage isn't some kind of natural law, its a human construct. I mean can't people just be happy to be in love with each other , without the sanction of government and religion.

Most people I know who got married did it because it was what the girlfriend wanted. Her big day that she'd probably been planning since childhood. They cost a small fortune, which would be better invested in the off springs future.

Each to their own I guess.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
French police says that 150,000 protesters are taking part in the march in central Paris, but the organisers say the number is closer to one million

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak

French police says that 150,000 protesters are taking part in the march in central Paris, but the organisers say the number is closer to one million

I admire the French. They get off of their asses and do something about things.

Looking at how quickly gay marriage has been rushed through so many countries without any groundswell of support, democratic mandate or consultation, one has to wonder who is pulling the strings behind the scenes.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This isn't surprising. France has a large Roman Catholic population. Roman Catholics are known for their anti-gay (i.e., homophobic) stance. Their numbers are going down though - but they won't go out without a fight. It's their right to try, I suppose. But they are on the wrong side of history, so they will lose in the end.

+3 more 
posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I can only imagine it's a bunch of goofy Muslims and Christians trying to oppress others because of imaginary "sins".

Its 2013 no one cares about gay marriage but old people and religious nutcases kthxbye.

edit on 26-5-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Just sad how people can go crazy over the most trivial things.
To the religious fanatics: There are two different forms of marriage, a church marriage and a civil marriage. Kinda weird that you never hear Christians complain about Buddhists getting married.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pinobot

Kinda weird that you never hear Christians complain about Buddhists getting married.

Or atheists

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

Gay people should protest that people who utilize the missionary position should not have marriage "rights".

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
This isn't surprising. France has a large Roman Catholic population. Roman Catholics are known for their anti-gay (i.e., homophobic) stance. Their numbers are going down though - but they won't go out without a fight. It's their right to try, I suppose. But they are on the wrong side of history, so they will lose in the end.

To the majority of people, Christian or otherwise, homosexual sodomy has always been a detestable act, frequently punishable by death.

TPTB, i.e. the International Bankers, have plans regarding the world, and definite plans to overcome Christianity in the West. They appear to be succeeding. It does appear that only the second coming of Christ or a world-wide disater of biblical proportions will be able to foil their plans---that or, remotely perhaps, enough exposure to homosexual deviancy. Forcing the citizens to give their tacit approval/seal to something they detest is one of the worst of wrongs--but for some, it is "the right side of history."
edit on 26-5-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

Once again, we see that the French can be mighty temperamental!

I don't feel there would be as much outrage over "gay marriage", if heterosexual couples didn't feel that homosexual couples were trying to hijack the word "marriage". Hell, homosexuals are quite comfortable pushing the term "gay marriage" so, why not just issue "Gay Marriage Licenses"?

Note to "silo13":

I just hope no one changes the name of French Fries again.

That shouldn't be a worry! Home Fries are MUCH better than French Fries!

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Kudos to the French for sticking up for morale and values. Folks in the US detest homosexual marriage far more than everyone thinks but most people will not speak up for fear of losing a friend or being "PC" or hurting someone's feelings. Two thumbs up to France!!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Its 2013 no one cares about gay marriage but old people and religious nutcases

Nonsense!

Homosexuals care A GREAT DEAL MORE about "gay marriage" than "old people and religious nutcases". I tend to fall into the "old people" category and, quite honestly, I don't give a damn either way. That's more of a battle for you young "whipper snappers"!

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The rapid scrubbing of this story by Yahoo! is an example of the controlled press of the US.
Will be interesting to see if papers, TV cover it at all.

Don't want to interfere with the "education" being provided by TPTB.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Homosexuals care A GREAT DEAL MORE about "gay marriage"

They actually have a reason to since they are gay and all

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pinobot

To the religious fanatics: There are two different forms of marriage, a church marriage and a civil marriage. Kinda weird that you never hear Christians complain about Buddhists getting married.

Gee whiz! That sounds like something a "fanatic" would say. Go figure...

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak
To the majority of people, Christian or otherwise, homosexual sodomy has always been a detestable act, frequently punishable by death.

I guess heterosexual sodomy is okay then?

Forcing the citizens to give their tacit approval/seal to something they detest is one of the worst of wrongs--but for some, it is "the right side of history

I absolutely detest cigars. Cigars are nasty. I don't approve of them. I want cigars to be banned everywhere - even in people's homes. They offend me greatly. I don't want anyone to own them. Just knowing they exist bothers me greatly. Do I have the right to detest them? I think we agree that I do. Should they be banned everywhere just because of my personal views about them? You tell me.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This is the 3rd or 4th huge anti-LGBT rally recently, they aren't messing around. If you agree with it or not I'm sure many of these people feel its unfair that congress are the ones that decides whether it's legal or not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join