It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ReligiousWar of the North

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Sorry, the warriors are busy. What have you been doing this week?

I would post more, but there are thousands. Where are the Atheist groups helping out? Do you have videos?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Are you sure you have a good idea here?

Is this the kind of guy you think will be heading up a war?

Literally thousands of able bodied men in the ranks. What do you think they are fighting for?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Hmm, Vietnam, a religious war? Korea? WW11? WW1? Boar war? Spanish American? War of 1812? The hundred year war? ....Get the hint?

Food, power, survival, domination, money. These aren't sources of war?

If it wasn't religion or one of the above, we'd surely invent new 'reasons".

Your premise is as wrong as your "war" on religion. Yawn.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I see through your plan. BWHAHAHAhahaha!

Since the North pole is not a continent, it will eventully melt due to global warming and *Blip!*! No more religion.

Even if for some reason, let's say your plan worked, it still wouldn't solve problems.

For example;

I like guns...you don't

I like chocolate...you don't

People will be people. Need I go on?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Religions shouldn't be your scapegoat. A lot of good is done by religious groups, in many instances religion is an effective way of organizing and mobilizing people who want to do good in the world. There is a lot of value to be found in nearly any religious philosophy and being religiously active can lead one to true spiritual growth.

Eliminating religion might eliminate warmongering propagated by a particular belief system, but it would do nothing to answer the side of human nature that attacks others in the name of power, revenge, or any other motivator. Many factors underlie religious wars other than scripture- namely economics and nationalism. Political ideology can be just as dangerous as religious when radicalized, governments are the primary wagers of war in recent history. Do you wish to eliminate the state as well?

By my thinking, accepting all religions is a faster and more realistic path to minimizing religious violence than encouraging a migration away from them. Too many people belong to organized religion to say things like being religious is shameful. That's an unwarranted and offensive blanket statement. People are people before they are Muslim or Christian. Fighting violence should be done by discouraging violence, not by discouraging some factors that sometimes correlate with it. Convincing everyone that religion is bad is a losing battle- convincing everyone that violence is bad is much more productive. A lot of people are religious and not violent, a lot of people are violent and not religious. Think it through.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Islam already has the M.E., you trying to give them Iceland too?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yeah shame on all the deaths that Buddism, Taoism, Hinduism, and other peaceful religions have created.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Agreed, i think that's probably the best idea ive heard as how
to deal with all these crazies, let THEM die for THEIR religions
and let those who wish to opt out go their way, it will never
happen as most religions command you to take your belief
to everyone else and if that doesn't work well we have all seen
what happens, the dark ages, terrorism, Salem witch trials,
the black plague (many religions persecuted others because
they thought god was punishing them for not being good
or whatever), truth is religion is one of the most destructive
forces to ever touch this poor planet.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

LOL as a missionaries kid i am oddly qualified to address your posts,
while they do some good in poor countries the churches, actually even
when trying to do good will in the end actually hurt so much more then
they help, they go build churches where people need wells, they bribe
their way in when all that does is encourage more of the same corruption
that keeps those places third world, they bring bibles not food, ive been
there, ive done that, ive seen all the difference a church makes in a community
that is so poor it cannot feed itself, Honduras has been receiving help
from churches for a very long time and yet it has gotten nothing but
worse there, murder rates continue to climb even though they are
already the world leader in murder, yeah sure the church helped out a
ton by bribing their way in so they could build churches all the while
ignoring the fact that the bribe money is going right into the pocket
of those who keep their boots on the throat of the poor.......

The worst part is that secular charity could and does do the same
thing except they don't waste their money and resources on churches
and bibles. they actually fix things and they don't do it because they
have to be told by a religion, they do it because they like helping others.

Also when you factor in the bad that DOES DEFINITELY come from
religion in the form of destruction of education and shunning of
science which could in the long run give these poor people a chance
to compete on the world job market, well i would say that yest churches
do far more harm than good, they sell their charity via religion, a price
that is far too high in my opinion, especially when you factor in the
cost to education, that's priceless.

Also i see you forgot to mention the religious folks who are as we
speak attempting to take over the country, attempting to force atheists
to resister so they may be shunned and proselytized to, those
who are attempting to make our schools here even worse and on
and on and on, some good does come of religion but much much
more suffering is caused by those who convince humans we are
broken to begin with and need their particular brand of god to fix
ourselves. it sure looks rosy if you ignore all the bad things they
choose to do, you can have all the good of religion without religion
but you cant not have all the bad with it still here. simple truth.
edit on 26-5-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Um.... no penguins in the North Pole, and no North Pole either.... its a floating and moving spot that migrates every year and is a spot on the floating sea ice, which is disappearing, and not a place to Go To, unless you have an ice breaker or can find enough ice to cross. So..... not sure why that was chosen, especially by someone with canuck in the name. Letting people fight over religion... how about we send them to the bottom of the ocean? Or some asteroid? Maybe a comet that won't come back for 100 years or more.... more difficult (other than the first suggestion), but equally likely.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

The vast majority of Christians you meet, including my brother (also a missionary), are busy taking people out of the pits they dug for themselves. My brother spent 10 years in the rain forests of South America planting churches, bringing medical assistance, digging wells and teaching people there is a better way than voodoo and black magic. The true story here is with the attitude and gratitude of the people and not anyone's personal ax to grind. Only one thing holds up this world and that is the Spirit of God. Conspiracy is against that Spirit and the Spirit I refer to is not that of humanity or the humanist agenda of tyranny. In most cases, Christian donations go to the people they are intended for at the highest percentage possible with the lowest administrative overhead. If you compare this to the secular world and the fat salaries of the administrators of these funds, there is NO comparison. If you match this to the free labor of countless volunteers and doners, the Christian world shows what it is made of each day we walk this earth.

Why is it that Africa is struggling? The secular and corporate world has raped their resources, pillaged their people for slave labor and used their wealth for personal gain. The people are kept in poverty so that others can glean the profit. Claim that the Christians had a hand in this, but I will simply tell you that it is possible to take the name in vain (Name but not the character). Wolves in sheep's clothe are not Christians. They are the exception and not the rule.

We can mention those who take the name in vain (Name but not character) and we would be correct in saying that they have missed the mark. This in no way implies that millions of Christian households across the world have missed any mark when it comes to the service they do for their families and communities. In opposition to this, the work they do is required because of the self-gratifying behavior of the unsaved world. Sure, we are all sinners, but the fight forward for this world comes on the backs of those who are faithful to the Spirit. Their work is only hindered by the conspiracy against the laws of God. And yes, many Christians fail each day to hit the mark at the center of the target.

Take away the target and what do you have? Take away the ones striving for truth and you are left with what is coming--tyranny. Look at any countries where Atheism has a foothold and you see decay and destruction, not fellow believers working hand in hand to fight it. You see persecution of weakness and not the motivation to a higher calling. When the lawless rule, you get what you ask for.

edit on 26-5-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

I thought the North Pole would be appropriate. It's wallowing /melting / sinking aspect is desirable, and also it is the home of the Santa. Another "unit" that's only credibility lays in the banterings of archaic dogma/text and man made ramblings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join