It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woolwich attack: Muslim cleric Anjem Choudray claims he knew murder suspect - video

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Woolwich attack: Muslim cleric Anjem Choudray claims he knew murder suspect - video

www.guardian.co.uk

Muslim cleric, Anjem Choudray, describes one of the suspects implicated in the killing of a soldier in Woolwich, south-east London, on Wednesday. Choudray claims to have known the suspect, and can identify with some of the possible motivations for the killing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk
islamversu seurope.blogspot.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread949138/pg1

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Anjem Choudry says he knows the woolwich killer, It is obvious the killer has been radicalised, Anjem Choudry has a reputation for being a hardline Islamist telling his muslim brothers during meetings at the mosque that "you are to kill the shaitan wherever you find them".

Now that this information has come to light, i hope there is a way to connect his hateful rhetoric with the actions of the woolwich killer.
Imams who inflame feelings with talk of murder and killings need to be stopped from spreading hate speech.

Yesterday the Telegraph closed all of its message boards in response to some of the opinions being posted.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

I feel this is going to be a major stumbling block to inter-religious relationships.

I don't have faith that it's doable anymore.

Things are close to boiling point. Now the right wing extremists have an excuse to go mental. This could escalate further.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Here is the killer back in 2007 with Anjem at a Islamist rally

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Well to be honest he should have been arrested years ago for inciting violence. All those that have belonged to any of his groups needs investigating.

This man is responsible for the actions of those in Woolwich and for creating the EDL.

I once wrote him off as a harmless agitator. It seems his actions have been far more dangerous than I imagined.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by The X

I feel this is going to be a major stumbling block to inter-religious relationships.

I don't have faith that it's doable anymore.

Things are close to boiling point. Now the right wing extremists have an excuse to go mental. This could escalate further.

This is my fear too.
I have been watching Facebook, Twitter and reading the news sites and blogs and the nationalist sentiment seems to be growing and becoming more far-right with each passing day. I've also seen comment sections on sites being inundated with right-wing hate speech, and a whole lot of people saying things like "I ain't racist but..." and usually leading to "send them all home!" The comments are usually shut down because it becomes almost a national front tirade of abuse from ignorant masses.

As it's Friday here, prayers are coming up across the country, and that's something that scares me. This weekend is going to be dangerous here, and it could start today in some areas of the UK.

As for MI5, they SHOULD be under investigation for this failure. I don't understand how they can justify having seen these men on the streets at very vocal protests, and they've reportedly been seen since handing out Islamic material on the streets of London, and the services didn't think they were a threat?

I want to know if their phones were being monitored, and whether there was the capability to keep an eye on them within the law. I am staunchly against an increase in monitoring and a lot of what the government wants to do should not be allowed, but these guys phones, email and internet activity SHOULD have been monitored.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Anjem Choudry - what a Poor exuse for a human being............

just watched a clip from the BBC Newsnight program where this imbecile appears to be agreeing with the sentiment and motivation of the cowardly murderers.....

I urge you to watch the clip and tell me that this guy (although British) shouldn't be stuck on a banana boat to find ihis mate Osama bin lying at the bottom of the ocean....

www.bbc.co.uk...

This peice of garbage (choudary) should reconsider his 'rights' to living in the UK

PS - sorry Rocker 2013 but i have just seen your post above and I agree with your observations but this Choudary twit should remember why he has freedom of speech and stop trying to destroy it from within.!!!!

Regards

PDUK
edit on 24-5-2013 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2013 by PurpleDog UK because: spelt rockers name wrong..

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

unfortunately, doors have been opened by democratic western society. Isn't it funny...ironic somewhat...that the main thing..."freedom of speech" will eventually be the thing that crumbled western society.

I don't believe in it anymore. Mixing races and religions. It just doesn't work. We as a species are still animals, and only a few are aware of the concept of "live and let live". Everybody thinks he is right...his religion is the best, their God is strongest, their nation superior or even chosen by God.

Until we as a species understand, that state borders are made up human inventions. That Gods are made up..that all we have is each other...and that our common designation is human species, place of residence; earth.....there will be no peace.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

I'm afraid the only thing to do here is to chuck them out to a Sharia controlled Country! Its what he wants and his followers..... send them all to a Sharia controlled Country.

Should have been done years ago when he got himself into the news headlines for preaching his BS.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
How is freedom of speech ruin the country?

So back to communist regimes where no one can speak their mind. Great

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
He is playing nice by accepting the facts that he knew the attacker so the media or law enforcement agencies will not take strict actions against him. He should be arrested at any cost and shipped back to wherever he originated from.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I am sure that someone will be along shortly to remind everyone to be nice, well someone is not playing nice and we have allowed it to happen everywhere. Spreading hate against the very country and people that welcomed you with open arms whether 1st or 2nd or 3rd generation so you can escape the oppression in the land you left, whatever happens, happens. Enough is Enough.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

On the up side. I think you should just learn to let the law enforcement and the government sort this

edit on 24-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It is good that the nutjob cleric spoke up. At the least, at this moment, hopefully, many more would have woken up to the lies that they had spewed to gain recruits. IT is only false ideology that he dished out to the discontent and the ignorant.

Bullets cannot kill idealogies, lies and false theories. Only the truth can.

The apostate Choudray's idealogy lies in blaming the west for the invasion and killings of muslims in muslim lands, and thus every westerner is guilty and be eliminated.

But the truth is - the west had never invaded muslim lands after WW2. In 1979, the shia apostate Khomenei lied to a shocked muslim world when his funded fake 'Mahdi' abominably tried to seize the holy city of Mecca and shed innocent muslim blood there, he deflected and blamed the entire episode as americans who assualted there, and many illiterate muslims around the world believed it, even when the evidences were clear it was heretics, mainly from the muslim brotherhood whom had make that raid, after being tried in Saudi courts. Thus Saudis' anger with MB and Iran even till today.

In the 80s, americans only went to support the afghanis whom pleaded for help when the USSR invaded them for their natural resources and imposition of an atheist way of life. There was no american armies marching in Afghanistan then.

In the 90s, it was Sadam- a muslim - who INVADED and slaughtered muslims in another muslim nation - Kuwait, whom begged the world for help, and was answered by the west.

After 911, the Taleban in Afghanistan whom seized power, refused to hand over the terrorists whom had SLAUGHTERED thousands of innocent men, women and children including even muslims, around the world for years, but gave those barbaric animals shelter and protection, and thus the west decision to take action to capture the terrorists and their supporters themselves to bring those animals to justice.

Later, when Sadam poke his left arm and left centre finger into the air with right arm on the left biceps to the world whom was concerned with his WMD developements and requested he stop despite many talks, finally, USA had to walk the talk to allay the world's concern and fear over that conquering despot failure to adhere to international law, as well as provoking a WMD race in the neighbourhood when the world is trying to stop further developement of such weapons.

When Sadam was captured, the west left and Iraqis ruled themselves, but only ending up killing themselves over sectarian strives instead of using that opportunity to build lasting and peaceful institutions.

Choudry may falsely claimed that west and brit troops were killing muslims, but the sad truth is that it had been muslims whom had been killing innocent men, women and children in Iraq, Yeman, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Syria,etc, not just this century, but for 1200+YEARS even before England was ruled by an english king, and USA was a vast little inhabited continent, way long before drones were even invented.

They may cry for the Identified terrorists hiding amongst a few supporters killed by drones, BUT WHO CRIES FOR THE INNOCENT MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN SLAUGHTERED BY TERRORISTS FREELY AROUND OUR WORLD?

Choudry is only a simple minded fool, and had been played by the mastermind in Persia, just as the sunni palestinians were fooled to keep the fight going in Palestine, sacrificing their own men, women and children as shields in a manipulative chess game whereby pawns are sunnis and mankind to fight and kill each, so that they will be distracted in this modern age not to attack Iran.

The persian leaders did not survive for 1200+ years by being nice or being forceful. They survived by cunning and guile, but today, it is unravelling as they rushed to help the puppet in Syria, which is an open declaration of war upon the majority sunnis.

All it takes is a wake up call to the sunnis, and the shia issue be resolved once and for all today - the final extinction of shiaism. May that apostate in Persia wake up to realities now, and end his manipulations around the world of pitting sunnis against mankind, such as in somalia, kenya, mali, burma, etc. He thought he could control the militants, however, fire is a good servant, but it can easily get uncontrolled and one ends up being consumed by it, as he will be if he doest not stop now.

As for Chowdary and his kind, we mankind only need to reach out to others to tell the truth, based on evidences and facts, to end those false idealogies and not to support them, regardless of whatever religion we hold, so that such senseless violence end and no more militants recruited amongst the impressionable young and bitter old.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
He is playing nice by accepting the facts that he knew the attacker so the media or law enforcement agencies will not take strict actions against him. He should be arrested at any cost and shipped back to wherever he originated from.

hp1229

The sad fact here is that Anjem Choudray is British, born and bred in this country.... so logically shipping him back to Britain will not work..........?

However I do agree with a post earlier about 'suggesting' he move to a Sharia controlled society if he feels so strongly....

Freedom of speech is good and generations of my family fought for that right but the way that this incidious creature has ''recruited'' from and agitated the country of his birth to satisfy his purile desire to change the system would easily be resolved IF he moved to a country with a system of which he approves......

Nothing wrong with that and actually it makes sense...............

If we all followed a secular society where religious images and statements were kept out of public gaze then that would solve alot of issues................ including clothing, symbols, posters, chanting etc etc.......

If that is not acceptable then those whom are not happy should look else where...!

Regards

PDUK

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Bullets cannot kill idealogies, lies and false theories. Only the truth can.

The apostate Choudray's idealogy lies in blaming the west for the invasion and killings of muslims in muslim lands, and thus every westerner is guilty and be eliminated.

Seekeroftruth

Firstly, a quality post to this thread.............. excellent view

I just picked out the above as this shows the hypocrocy of Choudray.......

Is he not a 'Product' of the western world ?

Is he not part of the problem from his own viewpoint...?

en.wikipedia.org...

Born 1967 in Britain and a trained Solicitor after studying via the education system in Britain......
It goes on and on......i wonder if he leads such a frugal life of those from the lands he bleats about and i wonder if he would have recieved the attention, education or airtime from a Sharia governed place.....

The man is a twit and a fraud and should be sent to his spiritiual 'homeland'....

I noticed on the newsnight program he was quick to say he was British and born in the UK.....

PATHETIC

PDUK.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

i wouldn't go anywhere near this sort of thing, so i have no say or care in what happens really, not in my backyard, is it in yours?

It is disgusting what is happening pitting one race against/over another and calling for violence, as the poster above indicated that we are all in this together, borders were made by man, and are fought over by man. Religion is the downfall of everyone, always has been. I believe there is a higher power but mine is no better or worse than yours.
edit on 24-5-2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

No, thank goodness.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

This guy has also been claiming Benefits for years.... something in the region of £25,000 per year, yet he still shouts his mouth and yet the Government do nothing.

The very least they should do is stop his Benefits!

edit on 24-5-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

This guy has also been claiming Benefits for years.... something in the region of £25,000 per year, yet he still shouts his mouth and yet the Government do nothing.

The very least they should do is stop his Benefits!

edit on 24-5-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

Interesting what you say and if true ....:-0 then Mr Choudray is a complete fraud and hypocritical arse hole of the highest order..

Again i default tot he fact that if he feels so strongly that Sharia law should prevail then he should move to a country where sharia law exists.......... simple.

On a separate point............ why does the Government of the UK do nothing do you think...?

The more i think about this fact then the more i wonder about the reasons for such inaction....... is it because if there are mental loonies like him around then do they think they can track others whom follow him.....? Because they sure missed two of them....

Final point......... lets refer to these murders as COWARDS..not terrorists..... they are COWARDS and not martyrs who will get virgins in heaven.they are COWARDS and shall be remembered as COWARDS

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join