It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the news footage of dog being rescued live Fake?? Damn Im going to get slated..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
1st of all, sorry for all I offend for spoiling such a touching and lovely story.

For me it just seems a bit set up. 1st view the video

My wife showed me it. I had seen the threads but never watched the video.

It is very touching. In my opinion making some good out of a terrible situation. Who doesnt feel good when some sentient being is rescued.

To me it seems a bit fake.

Reasons ..

1. Women has gashes on arm and is not seeking medical assistance but instead giving an interview
2 she mentions the dog a lot ( making it the prime focus)
3. The dog doesnt respond to her. (if that was one of my dogs and just saw me after that it would wet itself with excitement)
4. The reaction of crew and woman . seems fake
5 The chance debris dog was under was so close.
6. The ease pieces of steel can be lifted.
7. someone says need a rope for it.. why would u need a rope for your own dog
8. My dog I call by its name. Would not say holding my dog....
9. So the dog has been unconscious for all this time???

Im sure there's more. My wife has already had a go for me making this thread.

Just watched again am going to really get slated .......hmmm

Or are the media trying to make a good story

edit on 22-5-2013 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I can say that you are not alone, in at least thinking this could have been a feel-good, prearranged situation.
It Did come to my mind. I'm just not sure. I did think it was curious how the dog seems to have a little "tent" of debris over him. I also noticed that she did not refer to the dog by name. Perhaps as not to excite the dog too much before they "found" him..

I hope it's a real situation though.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Personal disclosure .... That dog looks to me like a schnauzer ... I have five of them .. They are highly intelligent and can be trained but their master is normally only one person,

That women did not seem like the master of that dog...;...

let the insults begin l...........ol

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

It Did come to my mind. I'm just not sure. I did think it was curious how the dog seems to have a little "tent" of debris over him. I also noticed that she did not refer to the dog by name. Perhaps as not to excite the dog too much before they "found" him..
reply to post by spacedoubt

Valid points.

I would like it to be real, but as we all know from past events we can not really trust the media.. Can we?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
That was not a well trained Lassie dog. Poor thing was covered in dirt & sheet metal, no dog is going to lay under that for a full minute and a half during an interview with an obvious state of emergency going on.

I don't think the wounds on her arm are that bad, she's old and tears easy.

If that dog was acting during 'rescue' then he's a dog dammed genius, but doesn't walk around tail up, ears up & waiting for the next game.

I'm saying "real" but I'm becoming cynical and jaded enough to see your suspicions

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

I want this to be real, but I have to admit I had the feeling that it was fake too. I finnally convinced myself that I was being silly and it was just my mistrust of news agencies. Mind you, I had myself convinced, and then you came along...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
First thing I thought to, The dog was right behind them for the whole interview and then "Oh the dog the dog"

I dont think its some big set up but a news reporter desperate for a story, what better than a feel good dog story when everyone else is reporting destruction?

this video was still fresh in mind though after watching it on here a few days ago.

edit on 22-5-2013 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I don't think the wounds on her arm are that bad, she's old and tears easy
reply to post by SeenAlot

If she was rescued as she said . Would she not receive medical attention ?? This is the USA .. How long was she standing there before she go out of the rubble??

Or is it me starting to not believe any of their bs ne more??

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
No response? The "Dog" Seems Strange, like - Who are you?

Japanese Dogs are much more responsive to their owners after being rescued from traumatic situations. Maybe it's a cultural thing?

The Media wouldn't lie - Would they?

edit on 22-5-2013 by BoogieMan911 because: (no reason given)

link   

I dont think its some big set up but a news reporter desperate for a story, what better than a feel good dog story when everyoneelse is reporting destruction?
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

I agree .. Would be a great report to set up
Who doesnt like animals being rescued??

So do you think its set up .. Or just me in one of those moods??

link   
Sure I guess it could be faked but I don't think so. This women seemed 'real' enough. The dog probably heard her voice and was crawling out towards her. Maybe it was knocked unconscious.
We can't forget what they just went through. The dog could have been really scared and wasn't sure if it should move or not until it heard her voice.

I don't see the reason to fake it. There is enough tear jerking scenes already.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
With all that's going on in that aftermath, why exactly would they go through the trouble of staging a dog rescue? Nope, no way - don't buy it. It was real.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Nah I think it's real. The elderly woman seems to be pretty over joyed if you ask me when they initially find the dog.

EDIT: I had seen a previous video of this but it was shortened edited one. I just watched this full one posted and it confirms what I believe without a doubt now.
edit on 22-5-2013 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

No I think its fake, My gf was crying but right away I said thats not real. I just think it was a set up maybe by the news reporters on the spot, maybe she told them the dog story and they asked to reenact it on film?

Ps

look at the way she just strokes it at the end likes its at a dog show, Mine would be all over me and if it was as small as that I would be picking it up for a cuddle straight away.

edit on 22-5-2013 by ThePeopleParty because: Sticky Spacebar

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Media wags the dog. Hm.
I do agree that some bits do look emotionally puzzling - but there was a tornado that wiped out the whole area. People and canines alike can be traumatized by it enough to behave weirdly.
It will take a bunch of completely cynical bastards to stand amidst that destruction and pull this thing off to gain rating points from the tragedy.
But since this is mass media we talk about, cant say i completely rule out that possibility.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
With all that's going on in that aftermath, why exactly would they go through the trouble of staging a dog rescue? Nope, no way - don't buy it. It was real.

For a story.... it has gone viral . We (me included are suckers for our 4 legged friends)

Could be real .....but........................

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

1. Women has gashes on arm and is not seeking medical assistance but instead giving an interview

So that Instagram photo of Jesse James where a quarter of his finger is cut clean off, that must be fake cause he's not in the hospital seeking medical attention?

What is it with this generation (tell me your from the most recent generation?) ?? Because most of my forefathers wouldn't be bothered with a hospital or "medical attention" unless something is dangling, or you can see bone or tendons sticking out.

2 she mentions the dog a lot ( making it the prime focus)

My grandmother spent hours talking about her pet bird, and constipation. Usually we aimed to for the bird to be topic of discussion, even though there is only so much you can stand listening to about a bird that died from a cold window being left open in 1981.

3. The dog doesnt respond to her. (if that was one of my dogs and just saw me after that it would wet itself with excitement)

Your dog is not the entire population of canine which inhabit this planet. If it were, I'd imagine you'd be some kind of dog king.

4. The reaction of crew and woman . seems fake

What would make it seem "real"? The boom operator actually doing his job right?

5 The chance debris dog was under was so close.

Chances probably increased given that the woman would probably be speaking at her pile of rubble, rather than some random pile of rubble, no?

6. The ease pieces of steel can be lifted.

If it were under 12 feet of rubble it wouldn't have happened in that fashion surely.

7. someone says need a rope for it.. why would u need a rope for your own dog

So it is a plan of deceit, yet they they forget to plan the whole "don't mention the rope, idiot" part?

She says "I can't carry it" and the crew member says, "do we need a rope our something" and the old lady says it'll be fine.

8. My dog I call by its name. Would not say holding my dog....

Well congratulations. You should get a cookie. With your dog's name on it.

9. So the dog has been unconscious for all this time???

Maybe it was in shock? You are in expert of canine reactions to trauma? Or just ask rhetorical questions?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by maythetruthbeknown

I don't think the wounds on her arm are that bad, she's old and tears easy
reply to post by SeenAlot

If she was rescued as she said . Would she not receive medical attention ?? This is the USA .. How long was she standing there before she go out of the rubble??

Or is it me starting to not believe any of their bs ne more??

I don't mean to be sharp in saying this...as my annoyance is with my country, not your response there. However, Hollywood makes us look like we have insta-service at our beck and call. So does the media. As if a cop or medic is a 5 minute call from everyone, even in a disaster.

I think in the world of field triage, she ranked a polite verbal inquiry and a move along to find someone who really needs help. Everything around her and in that immediate area is destroyed. So her injuries being un-attended strike be as about expected. After all, who has a band-aid outside of a medical kit brought from outside the immediate area? Everyone else's were in all that debris.

I'm not sure on the dog. After seeing some of the trickery and fakery of the last 1-2 years especially? I'm thinking as recently as the Texas explosion and someone finding the tape presented as aerial footage, dated back to a previous incident and just used as file footage. Who knows? Sucks not being able to trust much of anything, by how they've handled things themselves.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoogieMan911
No response? The "Dog" Seems Strange, like - Who are you?

Japanese Dogs are much more responsive to their owners after being exposed to traumatic situations. Maybe it's a cultural thing?

The Media wouldn't lie - Would they?

To be fair, dog in Japan story had weeks to recover from the stress. Dog in US had few hours.
Shell shock can be talking by dog not barking.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

No I think its fake, My gf was crying but right away I said thats not real. Ps look at the way she just strokes it at the end likes its at a dog show, Mine would be all over me and if it was as small as that I would be picking it up for a cuddle straight away.

I agree . My wife said she cried when she saw it.. I looked and something seemed off. I mean any person with dogs will know .. Even if gone for 2 hours . You get back they are happy as fffffff... You could say disorientated but I dont buy that...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join