It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the news footage of dog being rescued live Fake?? Damn Im going to get slated..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

look at the way she just strokes it at the end likes its at a dog show, Mine would be all over me and if it was as small as that I would be picking it up for a cuddle straight away.

Simply amazing deduction! I presume with your confidence in the matter you are most likely a canine behavioural scientist. You are right?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit I .......infact not typing that...........

Do you think the dog is a real event yes or no???

watch it a few times

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

My wife just said .... "you are going to be the most hated person on ats" lol

But I have my doubts. So if I can not express them here...where can I?????

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Just cause some one dazed walked by and thot to himself "Gee, Gramma's feet shouldn't be under this water heater" and picked it up out of pure core "Let's put Gramma upright, and see if the world becomes a better place."

That was a big ass tornado.
"Rescued" isn't always a fireman.
Seriously, if they wanted YouTube views, they coulda found something far worse to set up.

I'm not really cranky at anyone in particular. But it really would take a hard ass to set this scenario up. National Enquirer style.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Boncho .. Thanks......

Your responses are valid. I agree most can be debunked.

However If (which you may) you do own a dog. Does its response not seem a little strange to you. We all know humans can act . However the mind of the puppy (as the wife would say) is more difficult to fake.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by maythetruthbeknown

Originally posted by redtic
With all that's going on in that aftermath, why exactly would they go through the trouble of staging a dog rescue? Nope, no way - don't buy it. It was real.

For a story.... it has gone viral . We (me included are suckers for our 4 legged friends)

Could be real .....but........................

Let me see how this might have gone... reporter "we just had one of the worst natural disasters in our history - let's stage a fake reunion between an old lady and a dog - here's an old lady over here... hey old lady, you just had your house destroyed, can we plant a dog in the rubble and pretend we just found your lost dog?" old lady - "yeah, that's a great idea - i have nothing better to do - let's do it!". Come on people... this is silly.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

My wife just said .... "you are going to be the most hated person on ats" lol

But I have my doubts. So if I can not express them here...where can I?????

You can express them it's fine. All your reasoning of why you think it's fake, in my opinion, does not even come near to prove or even imply that this is a faked event however.

I don't see why they would risk looking like asses either, since this was on live TV.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I say it's a robot dog

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

You made me laugh..... I see how it can seem stupid. However If i was dubious and a reporter and could make a story like that... I would.....

I am not saying I said its fake .. i am saying i did not have a right feeling about it... so saying it to test the waters...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

You can express them it's fine. All your reasoning of why you think it's fake, in my opinion, does not even come near to prove or even imply that this is a faked event however.

Good , I respect all opinion and only seek educated debate on the subject matter....

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Sorry.. I was replying to two different points you seemed to be making.

I really don't know on the dog. It looks legit. It's hard to believe a disaster victim would play any games with media who aren't generally the most loved to be in the middle of one in the first place. So I hope it's real and not staged....The cynic in me really is just from how much is 100% known to have been faked and I would have thought some of that was real, too.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I want it to be real too.

I am never normally like this...... It seems set up.. Thats my opinion/my view. It can be changed. its not set in stone. Its an idea. Just floating it around......

watch it again....Just double check

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'll agree that it lacked a certain amount of emotion or even spontaneity, but who among us can say for sure how we would react in such surreal circumstances?

Sure, the media will do anything for ratings, but I agree with the poster who said it would take a helluva cynical person , a co-conspirator and a well-trained dog to pull it off.

But then there is that guy in West, TX who stood in front of cameras and said his house was destroyed, only it wasn't. And he claimed his brother was killed, only the guy wasn't his brother...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wow, humanity has indeed lost it's soul. Some of you posters have really become cynical and jaded. That poor woman just lost everything in her world. How could someone not be in a total state of shock? Now at first I thought the camera crew were really unsympathetic based on how little help was being offered to help pull the dog out, but then I stepped back and thought about the environment.

Grandma is standing in a very small, somewhat level area. Everything else around her is rubble. Camera crew is usually 2-3 people? Reporter, camera man and grip/helper/gopher? They're filming kind of angled to the left. Reporter is to the left of the camera. Camera guy is looking through the viewfinder somewhere about 4-5 o'clock in relation to the reporter. (Most likely a foot or so behind standing in the rubble.) Figure it should take a few moments to get over the pile of debris to get close enough to help, which is pretty much what the video shows.

Anyway, seems like everyone is just too darn eager to claim "set-up" on just about everything now days. People need to get over themselves and realize life isn't a cartoon or TV show. Good for her that she has at least something to cling to and give her comfort. Her life is never going to be the same going forward. I think some of you should ponder on that for a little while.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

My daughter showed me that video and the first thing that went in my mind was "staged", but it does makes you feel all gooey inside.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I have watched this twice. The things that strike me as odd is:

1) I call my dog Clyde, not "my little dog".
2) The reporter is very emotionless and just says "dog" "dog" when she spots it instead of rushing to assist the dog in getting out.
3) If the dog had been laying under rubble for several hours wouldn't it be stiff? My Clyde is only 2, and it takes him a few to get his momentum after being in his crate all night.
4) If she really wanted to find her dog, and was supposedly standing right where she was during the tornado, and the dog was right under the surface of the rubble, wouldn't she have found it sooner? I would've torn that area up looking for my Clyde.

This whole thing made me go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Queue Twilight theme music...Things are not what they seem.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Boncho .. Thanks......

Your responses are valid. I agree most can be debunked.

However If (which you may) you do own a dog. Does its response not seem a little strange to you. We all know humans can act . However the mind of the puppy (as the wife would say) is more difficult to fake.

Probably lending credibility to the situation. The dog looks like it's in shock. (In my opinion). Mind you, I am not a dog expert.

I do know though, my friends dog shakes and shutters during every lightning storm. Were it to be involved in a tornado, end up in a pile of debris... It wouldn't move until someone found it. (In my opinion).
edit on 22-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Although it's actions, are not reflective of every dog out there... It is consistent with what we see of this dog in the video.
edit on 22-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by surfinguru

I didn't really see anyone EAGER to say setup.
I think this is really about gut feelings, and distrust of media.

I had a little tear in my eye, but I also noticed some oddness. then someone posted what I was thinking in the back of my mind.. That's really all there was to it.

ok, in all fairness, I had MORE than just one little tear in my eye.

edit on 22-5-2013 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968

I have watched this twice. The things that strike me as odd is:

1) I call my dog Clyde, not "my little dog".
2) The reporter is very emotionless and just says "dog" "dog" when she spots it instead of rushing to assist the dog in getting out.
3) If the dog had been laying under rubble for several hours wouldn't it be stiff? My Clyde is only 2, and it takes him a few to get his momentum after being in his crate all night.
4) If she really wanted to find her dog, and was supposedly standing right where she was during the tornado, and the dog was right under the surface of the rubble, wouldn't she have found it sooner? I would've torn that area up looking for my Clyde.

This whole thing made me go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Queue Twilight theme music...Things are not what they seem.

Honestly, you saying "my little Clyde" makes you look like you're trying to prove a point. And it sounds unnatural. For any of you that think it's completely abnormal to refer to your dog, search "my dog" in google. You will get hits.

Speaking about a dog by it's name only is confusing. It isn't how everyone on Earth speaks. And it is absolutely not a valid reasoning to assume a newscast is fake.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Humbly this in my opinion is the real thing, I've seen lots ov videos and have worked with quite a bit of elderly men and woman in my past. I could be wrong of corse but my gut tells me that dog meant the world to that woman and in this world in this dimension that little guy survived. I'm sure there's infinatlely worse ways it could have gone but this one time I think this woman got her wish for real. A beautiful occurance caught on film I must say

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join