It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the news footage of dog being rescued live Fake?? Damn Im going to get slated..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Where did I say My Little Clyde??? I called him MY CLYDE. Meaning MY DOG CLYDE. But he is little he only weighs about 10 lbs.

And it is not confusing to call a dog by its name only. Have you ever trained dogs? My husband did it professionally for the military for 22 years as Military Police K-9 handler. He taught at Lackland AF base at the K9 school. In 22 years I never heard one PROFESSIONAL dog handler refer to their K-9's by anything but their names.

This link clearly shows a dog will respond to its name...and it is not confusing.www.cesarsway.com...
edit on 22-5-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Having viewed the footage, I accept it ...

Take into consideration what they.. woman and her dog, went through..

Tornado destroys the home, and neighborhood.. yet by miracle, (in my mind), they survive..

I see the woman still in what I would consider to be shock... and the way the pooch looked, I would say that he/she was in shock as well...

As far as how the dog reacted once uncovered, I would lean towards the shock, and the lack of familiar surroundings, all that he/she knew, was basically gone..

I can understand folks seeing this otherwise, just posting how I see it...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

Despite some good observations, IMHO, this video is real.

Someone stated "why would you call it DOG" when in fact the old woman is clearly saying "Oh Prassie" or something like that when it is first seen under the debris.

The dog is obviously in shock. Just like humans, dogs, bugs, cats, and squirrels can suffer from shock.

Someone said "why would you need a rope" or something to that effect. The old lady clearly states "I can't carry him" -- she is old and the dog is probably heavy for her...plus, she is injured. The rope comment is obviously being made by someone who doesn't own a dog, and thinks the dog is going to bolt off.

The only thing that I found odd was that the dog didn't bark, didn't cry, didn't whimper, didn't scratch. Nothing.

I also found it odd that the reporter said "The dog, The dog" when she spotted it. How did she know it was the lady's dog and not someone else's dog? I mean, wouldn't you naturally instead say, "A dog, A dog!" instead of "THE dog, THE dog?"

Say it to yourself a few times to understand what I am trying to convey.

However, even as cynical as I am these days, like Wrabbit, I find nothing nefarious going on here.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

In your own post you almost convinced yourself otherwise.

I am not saying its true, merely, lets examine the facts to ascertain the most likely (be it messed up) outcome.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

k2 I concur with what you have seen.

You obviously understand dogs and their behavior patterns.

I wouldn't of normally made this thread but it struck me as strange, so wanted to see others reactions

Seems I am not alone

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoogieMan911
Japanese Dogs are much more responsive to their owners after being rescued from traumatic situations. Maybe it's a cultural thing?

One was a few hours, the Japanese one was 3 weeks....

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
I also found it odd that the reporter said "The dog, The dog" when she spotted it. How did she know it was the lady's dog and not someone else's dog? I mean, wouldn't you naturally instead say, "A dog, A dog!" instead of "THE dog, THE dog?"

Well, it was her house remains why would it be another dog? Just stop and think....

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

maybe she told them the dog story and they asked to reenact it on film?
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

I like that theory.....Seems most plausible at the moment

Or is it????????????
edit on 22-5-2013 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
While it does seem suspicious, after watching the video for a couple times, I think it's legit for the following reasons.

1. The lady's injuries didn't look to be too severe - Now, if she were bleeding all over the place (Monty Python's the Black Knight style), that would be pretty suspicious. Also, if she's in some sense of shock, that would also be a possibility to explain why she didn't get medical attention.

2. The stuff the dog was buried under didn't appear to be "stainless steel" - what I saw was a piece of very thin material (it could have been steel, but I'm thinking more along the lines of aluminum). There was some rust on the second large piece of debris (maybe iron/steel), but I can still believe that someone like the reporter could move the stuff out of the way. The air ducts in my old basement were made of steel, but I was still able to move the pieces at age 10 (almost hurt myself, but that's beside the point).

3. A possible reason that she called it her "little dog" is because when you're suddenly put into the spot light, and you don't know the person, pets can sometimes be referred to as "objects" rather than "named things". It's a way of adapting speech so that the other person knows what you are talking about.

For example, had the lady said "I was sitting on the still with Randall on my lap" - that would kind of imply that the people listening knew who (or what) Randall is (at least to her) - I do this when I talk to strangers a lot. I own a cat, but unless I know the person, subconsciously I refer to my cat as "my cat" (or, if I feel like being humorous, I also fall into the habit of calling her "The demon furball from ...."). Not trying to make excuses for the lady, but it's possible that the situation had her revert to saying "my little dog", instead of "Randall" because she felt that saying that would make more sense.

4. That animal looked pretty shocked to me - I'd also hazard a bet that it's injured in some form. Seeing as I didn't hear any barking, an injury could also explain its apparent "lack of enthusiasm" when greeting the owner (they say the same about kids and injuries; the injuries you need to worry about are they ones they aren't screaming their heads off at).

Now, that said - we don't know how much time has elapsed before this clip was aired - so it's entirely possible that the lady was elsewhere (possibly near the news truck) - and while she was away, the dog was unconscious. Afterwhich, as she was leading the reporter through her ordeal, it's possible at some point the dog awoke, and did something to make it known (hence appearing it was "faked").

5. As for the petting of said dog, or why the dog didn't "jump up" - it's all a matter of opinion. If the lady had something like arthritis, a gentle pet is going to be better than raking at the fur (same for the dog, if it's old, it's going to act like Herbert's dog from Family Guy). My cat bites me when I've been away too long - so I think it's safe to say each owner & pet have a different way of greeting each other.

And of course, there's the completely realistic chance that the reporter was lucky enough to be in the right place & right time.

Just because it's a disaster doesn't mean every story coming from the site needs to be a warzone.

-fossilera

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Or....it was a dog that was in the rubble...as people have been found in rubble. But heck it is a conspiracy site, so I guess if its good for the gander.

Maybe take a breath of fresh air once and awhile and realize just how amazing and resilient live is. How unpredictable it is and just how it might make you think beyond "setups" and "conspiracies".

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I watched and listened a few more times. I'm leaning more towards real event now.
As was mentioned earlier, it did appear she was calling the dog by name as she was pulling him from the rubble.
He also seemed to be subdued, possibly scared after removal.

I also caught myself referring to my dog as "my pup" this afternoon.when someone asked about my computer background pic. MY pup is 6 years old, and weighs about 110 lbs...I also call him bubba, which is NOT his name either.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Plus, it very likely could be an old dog.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Faked, imo.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Of course it's fake, the news is mostly fake nowadays. If that was my dog, the first thing I'd do is call it by name, and inspect it for injuries. NOT HER DOG!! Why would she give an interview instead of look for her dog. A lengthy interview at that. The dog was right there, if she shut up for a second she could probably hear the schnauzer whining for g-sake!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
At first view of the video it almost look faked. However, at a closer look and listen, not likely. The lady pointed to where she was when the tornado hit, obviously her home. Upon the news reporter spotting her dog, owner calls her dog's name(Cassie?)...twice. She was in the right petting on the sides for example, and not to pick up her dog-if she could have. Also, careful to not excite, with possible internal injuries unknown. The dog was weak starting off, beard/facial hair under chin looks matted- drool from shock, wobbly legs, etc., overall still scared. Possibly catatonic until hearing his/her owner's voice after a while. Likely after also, her dog was brought to the vet to be looked over, and given an IV of fluids.
edit on 23-5-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
reply to post by boncho

Where did I say My Little Clyde??? I called him MY CLYDE. Meaning MY DOG CLYDE. But he is little he only weighs about 10 lbs.

And it is not confusing to call a dog by its name only. Have you ever trained dogs? My husband did it professionally for the military for 22 years as Military Police K-9 handler. He taught at Lackland AF base at the K9 school. In 22 years I never heard one PROFESSIONAL dog handler refer to their K-9's by anything but their names.

This link clearly shows a dog will respond to its name...and it is not confusing.www.cesarsway.com...

"Hey man, how's it going? How was your weekend."

"Not bad! Well, I took Sarah down to the lake, and I threw her in a dozen times. Then we rolled all over the lawn together. But I swear, my mouth must have just been full of her hair cause it was like I was flossing my teeth with it!"

"Uh, that's effin sick man."

Yeah, out of the some-odd hundreds of people I've met in my life, unless you have a personal relationship with them, and they have met your dog, you refer to it as "my dog."

I don't need to hear how your husband trained dogs in the military, or you are a foremost dog expert. Get a life. And get a handle on not needing to overprove yourself on a discussion about how people refer to their pets by name or by breed.

Dear lord.

I'd hate to talk about the obesity issue. I bet your grandma is a Sugar Cane plantation manager, and she ate sugar for 100 years straight, 10 kilos a day, never got diabetes.

-

It's really simple. Unless someone has met a person's pet before, they often say, "I took my Dog to the beach."

Not,

"I took Sarah to the beach." (Sarah = Dog)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Well for the typical ATS user *most* things are fake. Except of course for the crazy ramblings of Alex Jones or those who believe that "reptilians" are walking amongst us

Anyway...didn't have a reason to think it was fake.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I new this was going to come up. I almost posted it myself, but I didn't want to go there lol. The second I saw the video it yelled out fake to me. Now I'm not saying it's fake. It just sure did seem like it. If the video isn't fake it does in fact give off an aura of fakeness. Just saying.

The video could be real no problem, but you can't get on anyone's case for saying it's fake. The video does give off a strong sense that it's fake whether or not every body picks up on it.
edit on 23-5-2013 by JimboSliceLV because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Please show me where I said I was a dog expert? Please do not twist my words. And mentioning my husband trained dogs in the military for 22 years was pertinent to the conversation to show where I was getting my information.
edit on 23-5-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The woman reminds me of how I grandma used to be, even sort of looks like she did.

That said the woman was not seeking medical attention because she felt her wounds were not that bad. You have to look at her age and what she has likely seen and done. I can recall my grandmother being very tough for an old lady. Far more so than many men today. She grew up with parents that were share croppers. She worked at helping to wire war ship in WWII, and up until her last few years (she died at 90) she kept chickens and raised a garden every year. She had many minor injuries in her life that would have had several men seeking medical attention when really it is a waste of time. Go clean the wound and move on, it will heal. I seen nothing wound wise on the woman that would require medical attention.

Maybe I am bias and grew up learning to deal with pain and wounds. But watching a woman like my grandmother handle things was quite an inspiration.

As for her focus on calling her dog "my dog" my grandmother did pretty much the same thing with her animals. She nearly always referenced them as what animal they were when speaking of them. This makes even more sense when talking to strangers. It saves time when you are making a point.

The dog itself does not act as if it were anything but truth to me. The dog seems scared and unsure of what it taking place. It likely has minor injuries as well such as bruising and a few cuts. The dog was likely struggling to get free and was tired as well. After hearing the voices one of which is its owner it started to work on trying to free itself again causing the people to see or hear it.

Raist

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join