It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The right wingers are going to make out this is all about them being Muslims, but I wonder if this is more to do with them being Afghan and us being one of the invaders, purely because it seems a targeted attack rather than say, an indiscriminate bombing.

If it is the beheading of a lone soldier this seems more an assassination than terrorist attack, I'm wondering if he'd done tours in Afghanistan and if so whether it was motivated by something he'd done? If the plan was just to cause mayhem and kill a few soldiers surely there would be much easier ways of doing it.

===> Having read some of the reports I'm a bit confused now, might wait till it's settled down a bit, because the descriptions seem all over the place.
edit on 22-5-2013 by MaxSteiner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OkieDokie
I'm confused about the race of the attackers. I keep reading the eyewitness reports on the Mirror website and they keep describing them as black. Is that the way the UK describes anyone with darker skin, or were they in fact African in appearance?
I know in the US, we do have African American Muslims, but they practice a somewhat different form of islam and generally don't take part in any form of jihad. Sorry I am so uninformed in the matter of social dynamics in the UK, can someone from the area please explain it to me? I would be very shocked to see an African American in the US take part in any terrorist attack, so this is puzzling to me.

~OkieDokie:

TBHWY.. it could be anyone from anywhere as we have everyone from everywhere now residing in London.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
The media will cause more trouble than they should over this when in reality these Cowardly sons of Fat cows and fathers of Gay swine should be given a supreme kicking and dumped off the nearest ferry heading down the Suez Canal.

Lets see...
You got the media in there,
A religious group,
Extreme violence as "justice",
and then threw in Gays too...!

You missed out those pesky intellectuals, but I guess you could go for them later when no one else speaks up, right?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The suspects were black, it is being reported they are somalian.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Great, now we have the massive logistics of throwing out the millions of black people that live in the UK!

But seriously, apparently, they were shouting "Allahu Akbar", so what we actually have here are Muslim Extremists, plain and simple.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
We have known for some years that certain groups of nutters have wanted to kidnap a British soldier and behead them , it now seems that these nutters have now done that .

The problem is that a small minority who want this could just have started a race war in the UK

The BNP and EDL will use this for their own purposes and everybody in this country will suffer one way or another .

RIP to the victim and condolences to his family .

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

There are reports of them being Somalian, which has a large Muslim population and most of the Somalian immigrants to the UK are Muslim. Also reports of them being Afghans.

There are Somalians groups rioting in suburban Sweden.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Connections shouldn't be ruled out, the Tsarnaev bombers acted just as a gang of Terrorist conspirators in London were being convicted. This is organised crime, international terrorism, connected to the same networks.

link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

The media will cause more trouble than they should over this when in reality these Cowardly sons of Fat cows and fathers of Gay swine should be given a supreme kicking and dumped off the nearest ferry heading down the Suez Canal.

Lets see...
A religious group,

You missed out those pesky intellectuals, but I guess you could go for them later when no one else speaks up, right?

Rocker

I hear you.......... My references to Gay swine and sons of cows was a knee jerk reaction........ Aimed as an insult to those whom find swine and cows insulting......

I stand by violence as justice though - do to others as one would have done to self........ And I'm NOT even religious in the slightest BTW

Regards

PDUK

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
www.liveleak.com...

site may have graphic details/images

Cheers for the Link!

I see the guys who did it were laying on the ground at the end being arrested!

You see whats happening now?

These Funkin Idiots!

Not being 'Racist' but we need to kick them out before its to late!

Yes, we will get those 'Mullahs' coming on TV or whatever saying 'This no way represents the Peaceful Muslims' etc etc... but do they go out into the Towns telling these Extremists to get out??

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

They may well be muslim extremists, I wouldnt be surprised. BUT something about this whole thing doesnt sit right with me. Eyewitnesses also said they appeared to be off their heads on drugs or something.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
The right wingers are going to make out this is all about them being Muslims,

Beheading someone in a street, in public, shouting allah snackbar made it about being a muslim. Not 'right wingers'.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy
The suspects were black, it is being reported they are somalian.

This was my first thought.... Somalian!

The UK has let too many in from these parts of the World where these Organisations grow.... what exactly did they think was going to happen sooner or later here in London?

Bloody Idiots these PC do-gooders!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Lets see...
A religious group,

Rocker

I hear you.......... My references to Gay swine and sons of cows was a knee jerk reaction........ Aimed as an insult to those whom find swine and cows insulting......

I stand by violence as justice though - do to others as one would have done to self........ And I'm NOT even religious in the slightest BTW

Regards

PDUK

Please, I ask you to go and read up on pre-WW2 Germany and the rise of Nazism. This is not meant to be an insult or an attack on you, but there are a lot of British people who are now repeating history and almost echoing what happened in Germany and what led to the Nazis rising to power.

People can have all the best intentions they like, but I am seeing people here in the UK becoming Nazis, and they don't even f'ing know they're doing it.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
anyone else remember the remembrance day protesters that had the "Behead those who do not believe" signs?
when they go around with bollocks like that, then they shouldn't be suprised when people blame them first when something happens.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
this ladies and gentemen is how conspiracy theories grow and fester - no one is prepared to wait for verified facts - yet everyone has an opinion

its a farce - and thats my polite take on it

people need to stop and think - being the first voice heard counts for nothing if your dont have the facts

already several people in this very thread claim from utter ignorance that things elements of the incident " suspicious " and are ascribing motives , affiliations and purposes to known dramaatis persona

the only thing i can say with certainty is that when verified facts emerge - the rampant specuation , opinions and ranting from this thread will form the core of the conspiracy theories

i am actually amazed no one has mentioned false flags or crisis actors yet

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazmeister
Mod Edit - Quote removed by staff

Does that mean you're going to stop making this same post in every thread that remotely involves islam then? That is the generally accepted meaning of the phrase "rest my case".
edit on 22/5/13 by neformore because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Gazmeister

How does this follow?

A few Catholic priests molest young boys - do we then conclude that Christianity is evil? Nazi Germany persecuted millions - do we then conclude that Germans are evil? Anders Breivik slaughters many racial Swedes (as in, Nordic Swedes) in a Labour meeting - do we then conclude that Right Wing Christians are evil?
edit on 5/22/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Not being 'Racist' but we need to kick them out before its to late!

Erm you are being racist.

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Yes, we will get those 'Mullahs' coming on TV or whatever saying 'This no way represents the Peaceful Muslims' etc etc... but do they go out into the Towns telling these Extremists to get out??

Extremist muslims represent islam about as much as fundamentalist christians represent christianity.
About as much as GW Bush represents the republicans. There are crazies of all faiths and belief systems.
Some of the crazies frequent ATS, are they representative of ATS? Of course not.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
What a shame.

I'm a centrist, I lean right when it comes to military, I lean left when it comes to health, I'm dead center when it comes to economics, I lean right when it comes to immigration, I lean left when it comes to foreign policy, and I'm dead center when it comes to domestic policy.

I think this will cause a huge swell in the credibility, at least in peoples eyes not necessarily from a factual standpoint, about the right wing.

What's really bizarre is the recent demographics of the Left, not only in the UK, but elsewhere.

Examples:

Recent Muslim immigrants to the UK almost exclusively support the labor party and the lib dems. The weird thing is that their faith practically mandates them to have a very conservative ideology. Their faith supports a class system of citizens, is homophobic, and in some instances racist. Not unlike Catholic Christianity or fundamentalist Protestantism. It seems the only reason they support the libs dems and labor party is because of those parties policies towards immigration and how those policies help more people like themselves in.

If you took the immigration status away, and that's the only real difference here, it would be like Southern Baptists in the US supporting the Democrats. Either way, you have two very conservative religious systems. The same goes for Mexican immigrants in the US. For the most part, they are devout Catholics, which would make you suspect they would be inherently conservative as Catholicism is an inherently conservative ideology. But no, they mainly vote for the Left in the US, with a very similar sentiment as muslims in the UK.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join