It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by _Phoenix_

The war has already started, there isn't any stopping it now. This is a war of ideology.

If you think this is a war then you have no idea what war is. Go ask the people in Afghanistan what war is.

People wanting to "Fight fire with fire" and get rid of all the muslims are who you really should be afraid of, nothing good can come from that.
edit on 22-5-2013 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

You really think that a person that wants to commit suicide and can't get a gun will just forget about it. That says a lot for your train of thought...............if there is any thought.

link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Whatever way you view the horrible event that happened on the streets of Woolwich today, there are going to be people who cannot contain their anger, I see more of this in the days to come. Sense doesn't come into it.

"Sense doesn't come into it" ...is very stupid.

Islamic terror attack --> retaliation against Muslims --> hatred and tension increased --> more young Muslims radicalized --> more Islamic terror attacks

Anyone 'retaliating' against Muslims right now is helping create more extremists.

link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

It doesnt matter why this event was motivated, what does matter is how its going to be used by TPTB to implement new laws based on fear. The sickness of this crime has already got the "rabble roused", its got people scared. Just look at this thread.

I concur. Whatever perspective I look at this from there is cause for concern. It's looking more and more like the purpose of this attack was to get people scared....and you can count me in with the roused rabble.

There's a few serious issues the people of this country have to face up to.

That our government's policies over the past 12 years have been appalling and have given many people multiple, and often justified, reasons to despise us.

That while they were waging illegal wars in foreign lands they opened the doors to the UK and let anyone in (openly admitted by the labour party). Now why did they do that? In the hope of creating a fifth column?

That, because of govt policy, it is easy to radicalise disenfranchised youth - and it happens here - a lot.

We have to tackle the crap government policies - including using the excuse of terrorism to invade our privacy and ever more dominating government. I recall a time when the UK govt doggedly refused to change anything about the freedoms we enjoyed because that would represent a 'victory' for the terrorists....and that wasn't so long ago.

link   
Let me make this clear

ATS does not tolerate hate posts.

If all you want to do is vent your bigotry, then know that you are not welcome here. There are plenty of places elsewhere that you can post your hate. Go there.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Watching the video of the black dude with the machette, I was surprised that he appeared to have blood only on his hands.

Would you not think that if you hacked somebody to death and cut their head off, you would be covered in blood yourself.
edit on 22-5-2013 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by WonderBoi

Ok Ok OK, we're all brainwashed blah blah blah.
Do you own a tv? Do you watch tv? Then, YES...you are. Blah, blah, blah it all you want, but it doesn't change the facts.

I do love the way people are making this into a Muslim thing, just because some guy shouts a few Muslim slurs, or what have you. Most people don't even know what Islam is all about. #BRAINWASHED And NO! I'M NOT A MUSLIM, nor am i a "catholic", "christian", "jew", "krishna", jehovah, blah, blah, blah.

link   
Hate to hear all this. I met some British Sailors when my ship stopped in Bahrain a couple of years ago, pretty great guys!

From reading most of the thread it seems that these guys were definitely premeditated. I wonder why people go so nuts like that.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverForget

And what do you think the Torah and New Testament have to say about people who don't believe? Ice Cream and Lollipops for all?

link   
I don't know if it has already been mentioned, (I missed much of MSM news today) but an undoubted attacker has been filmed talking to camera afterwards, I would imagine not MSM.

link   
It is extremely sad what happened on the streets of Woolwich. However, these extremists are trying to start a war between moderate Muslims and the general British public, so that they'll have opportunities to bring the war to British soil. People need to realize this fact and stop playing into their hands. Stay calm and the terrorists will never win.

link   
reply to post by dave_welch

He clearly stated the gov't drove him to do this. Because of the way they conduct their foreign policies.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I do know what war is, I know that those two are not terrorists, but are soldiers fighting a war. Save your rhetoric for someone else. I am not claiming to get rid of all the Muslims, I welcome those Muslims who embrace change and assimilation to western culture.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

Don't think many people in England have to worry about some random Jew or Christian trying to cut off their heads.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I expect more and more of this type of behavior. At least it wasn't an act of gun violence, that is just barbaric.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
reply to post by NeverForget

And what do you think the Torah and New Testament have to say about people who don't believe? Ice Cream and Lollipops for all?

What do they say? Is it that they suffer in the afterlife, or have their heads chopped off in public?

link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
Hate to hear all this. I met some British Sailors when my ship stopped in Bahrain a couple of years ago, pretty great guys!

From reading most of the thread it seems that these guys were definitely premeditated. I wonder why people go so nuts like that.

Premeditated in what way? Just because they were driving around armed, it doesn't mean they was out looking specifically for a soldier to run over and chop up. I'd be surprised to discover that they just saw this guy walking along the street and for no reason, just decided to run him over. From the pictures I've seen of the incident, the dead man didn't appear to be wearing army uniform, so are we to believe his "Help For Heroes" t-shirt was all it took to set them off?

link   
reply to post by spacedog1973

So by definition you condemn thousands of UK Muslims who have openly displayed slogans stating ' Kill The Infidels' etc.
Would you have them all convicted of terrorism charges as well?

As I stated before;
How many people have EDL blown up?
How many people's head's have EDL chopped off?

Or even how many terrorist plots have EDL been complicit in?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

I'm not here to defend any religion, The Torah and Bible are not free from criticism, nor should the Quran be, but before people jump on the "you're a bigot" bandwagon, maybe you should take a look at the scripture.

It will reveal why people carry out such sick attacks. Check the Quran, specifically research what Islam thinks of Kafirs.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

You misunderstand me. I'm saying that we shouldn't expect people to act sensibly, we can hope of course, but there are people out there, like the man who tried to burn down a mosque, who will not act sensibly and show restraint.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join