It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free energy machine powered by gravity. BRAZIL

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Under consideration

TheRedneck

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Post removed.
edit on 19-5-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There is no free energy. For "every" action there is an opposite and equal reaction. It will take me as much power to push a ball up a hill as the energy I got from it going down the hill. It's third grade science that defeats this claim.

But, the man should be able to glean some money from gullible people anyway.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Your quite the optimistic aren't you!

There is barrier preventing people from trying these things, is it just a mental barrier? If it was claiming to be perpetual motion I think you would be right. However this machine uses weights, if magnets are used this could give extra push or pull where needed, the power the machine will produced would be much more than what would be required to power the magnets, so any excess energy would be free, no?

But, the man should be able to glean some money from gullible people anyway.

I dunno, all that steel must have cost a packet! He would have been better off leaving the money in the bank....

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Actually I hope he does. You're looking at several millions of dollars sitting there in steel alone... several tens of thousands in bearings and hardware, several more tens of thousands in erection...

Heck of a gambit.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
My only question to the makers of this invention is this;

How did you overcome friction? Friction is the one thing that stifles people's attempts to create perpetual motion and I see an awful lot of bearings in there. Every single one of them will create friction before you get anywhere near adding a generator to it. A generator is a big machine that in itself creates a lot of friction for it to overcome.

I think epic fail on this one sadly, which is a shame because the ideal behind it is awesome.

P.S I can think of a modification that will make it run one cycle, but it would require energy input to keep it running

edit on 19-5-2013 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Even if this machine works it will only be a matter of time before the energy giants either pay him to turn the machine into scrap metal or kill him outright.

There is too much money to be made selling energy the traditional way.

For example, there are plans out there harnessing the energy of ocean waves. Buoy's float on the surface and pull underwater panels up and down driving a shaft. Why aren't these systems being installed? Oh that's right, the companies providing energy already have a monopoly on your energy service, they will do whatever possible to stop you from impeding on their profits and/or power.

This is the world we live in.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Actually work on wave power is progressing quite nicely. The only major hurdle left is corrosion resistance of the mechanics that transmits the power back from the buoyant arms to generators. There are materials engineers working on this issue all across the globe; research just takes time.

That's one of the most promising traditional technologies going IMHO.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
Even if this machine works it will only be a matter of time before the energy giants either pay him to turn the machine into scrap metal or kill him outright.

Actually, I could more imagine the energy giants buying the tech (assuming that he got it to work) and finding a way to charge us more for the electricity it produces that the energy we are supplied with now.
i.e look at wind generated electricity - it is generated for free but we are asked to pay more for it (here in Australia anyway) based on the grounds that it is 'green' energy.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Even these small ones make a difference.

I think we should all get a gravity light for emergencies. 30 mins for a second of lifting the bag.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

That is a truly awesome little invention. Thanks for sharing the post

However, this one has simply taken the technology used to power grandfather clocks (the ones with the descending weights) and put a small dynamo in it. Great idea, but not perpetual motion as it requires the input of energy (the user rewinding the string to the top again)

This giant Brazillian invention on the other hand, thus far from the released photos looks to be hoping to create perpetual energy by creating a wave motion from the arms above the cranks. i.e they are perpetually falling due to gravity and in theory they will fall fast and hard enough to not only lift the other arms back into top position and have some kinetic energy to spare to power the generator.

The more I look at it, the more it looks like it is destined to fail unless they have come up with some very clever ideas to keep those arms from slowing down from the friction and drag of the bearings and the 30kw generator it is suuposed to power.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This machine can't work. But, it's a piece of art. Belongs in a museum.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Lets save the naysaying for AFTER the first few attempts to activate this machine. It appears to be an ingenious design, and at least someone somewhere has put some thought into this and put up the time and money to give it a shot. What's the last thing any of us have done to attempt solving the energy problem?

S+F

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Wow, what a huge, complicated looking machine! I seriously doubt this contraption will ever work. A hydroelectric plant also uses the force of gravity as an outside source of "free energy". But the supply of falling water never ends and is not supplied by the power plant. No matter what gears, levers, counterweights, etc. you use, the energy required to raise the weights back up after they have fallen is the same as the energy gained, less what is lost to friction. That is just high-school level physics. Unless these guys are onto something else, they will just fleece some gullible investors of their $$, and this machine will join the rest of the "perpetual-motion" machines in the dustbin of history.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains

Originally posted by boncho
If it's being powered by gravity it's not a free energy machine, nor is it perpetual energy. Every hydro dam out there is the same thing. Also not free energy, also not perpetual motion.

-facepalm-

Gravity engine?

The energy produced will be free, as it will not be paid for, unless you count maintenance costs. And it will run on its own momentum.

It has to get energy somewhere, and if it has maintenance costs it's cheap, not free.

Perpetual energy and free energy are words created to describe something not possible. So therefore it is not possible. I don't get if it's a simple misunderstanding of English or is it just people's unwillingness to let go of childhood notions. Why must you incorrectly describe well understood concepts??

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973

Originally posted by litterbaux

Actually, I could more imagine the energy giants buying the tech (assuming that he got it to work) and finding a way to charge us more for the electricity it produces that the energy we are supplied with now.
i.e look at wind generated electricity - it is generated for free but we are asked to pay more for it (here in Australia anyway) based on the grounds that it is 'green' energy.

Wind turbines are free now? WOW! So which part became free all of a sudden, was it:

A. The rare Earth metals that cost a literal fortune per multi-kilo?
B. The steel which makes up the massive pillars or blades, as well as the gearing?
C. The engineering design and work that goes into the steel for functionality?
D. The efforts of raising into place and moving beforehand?
E. The maintenance of the machine and distribution of the electricity?

Can you PLEASE tell me which one of these things is free so I can just go out and get it myself? I'll say I'm building a wind machine, get it for free, sell it on the open market = become billionaire.

Thank you by the way, you have solved all my financial worries for the rest of my life.

Unless...!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant
Lets save the naysaying for AFTER the first few attempts to activate this machine. It appears to be an ingenious design, and at least someone somewhere has put some thought into this and put up the time and money to give it a shot. What's the last thing any of us have done to attempt solving the energy problem?

S+F

Ah see, the bummer about naysaying things like these (with absolutely good reason-we back it with scientific principles) is that we never actually get to see the finished product ever.

Usually some very dramatic happenings arise that mysteriously end the projects and equally shrouded in mystery are the empty pockets of anyone gullible enough to invest into the ______.

I won't say it, I'll let you figure out the blank.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I am an engineer (machine design), and I am offended. That's going to be worth something, but only in the scrap yard.
edit on 19-5-2013 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

1) It can't generate power. You don't see any means of getting the power out of that room do you? Wires, pipes, generators, tanks? Nothing.

2) Why are they claiming to be building another one at a soybean processing plant in the US?
edit on 19-5-2013 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Hey that video was kool my friend. Strange, but very interesting. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

That is amazing that you built something like the Brazillians did here Redneck? I wish I could build things like these. It's crazy what we human beings can do if we only study, focus and put our minds to it. Nice buddy! ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join