It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free energy machine powered by gravity. BRAZIL

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
A company in brazil claims to be building a free energy machine, powered by gravity. At a glance the huge machine looks like a crank shaft, with what looks like bobbing oil pump type arms connected that move up and down moving counter weights that causes a perpetual motion.

We will build in Porto Alegre, at Av. Patria, 195 - a power generator that started by a mechanic system, and exclusively powered by the gravity force. It will be the first equipment with this technology in the world. We have a small machine for experience and testing in our headquarter at Av. Pedro Ivo,933. The mechanic system was created under a special conception, to pick up and take the energy contained in the planet gravity, at any moment and place, without pollution or heat. Technology was completely developed by our Company and consists in a continuos movement with some extra energy that can be taken, in a continuous and perpetual mechanic movement. This equipment is similar to a combustion engine, where a set of wheights represent the fuel and pistons that activate assemblies connected to a crankshaft. Another similar equipment will be built in the U.S.A. at the Incobrasa Industries Ltd plant, a Company of the group, located in Gilman, IL. Both equipment are demonstration models with capacity to generate 30 KW, and will be ready in the middle of the next year. The technique allows the building of great power generators.

This link provides a time line of photos documenting the construction....

www.rarenergia.com.br...

This machine is still under construction and in the picture, it looks huge. seems an awful lot of effort and expense to go to for a hoax.

Will it work?
edit on 19-5-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
link doesn't work (ok. it does now
)
edit on 19-5-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The mechanism reminds me of this....

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think there's to little information for them to make a claim like that. Yet, if true, it will be some kind of revolution... for now this kind of claims I take it with a gran of salt...

The promised revolution in the energy field ... sadly, is being delayed for decades...

nice catch

edit on 19-5-2013 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

I was checking a bit what's the backround of Renato Bastos Ribeiro, the man in charge. Seems to be serious about it. Bastos has some patents, he is an inventor and the company named is real.
edit on 19-5-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Pretty cool stuff, I really hope it works like they say it does.

Thanks for posting. F&S for the OP.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's good to be sceptical about all these claims, because no matter how many times I see a YouTube video about some supposed zero point energy machine they never seem to actually go anywhere other than a home-made little gadget and a video raving about it.

You'd have thought if one of those things actually did what they claimed it could do we would see versions of them running houses by now, in the press, actually proven and out there and being manufactured.

If seems that every time someone claims to have designed something like this, they ask for funding, need some money, then a couple of months later the trail goes cold and nothing else happens with it.

What happened to the Australian guy with the magnetic motor? The British guy with similar? The American guy with another version? They all just fade away when they get enough money and they can't prove what their machine does, or they scale it up and discover that it actually doesn't work at all and they got their facts or results wrong.

I hope this guy hasn't invested a hell of a lot of money and time based on false mathematics.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

That's good news for this not being a hoax then. Let's hope is not a failure.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Many years ago, I built a machine based on this basic principle. Unfortunately, when designing the journals I ran into a problem with construct-ability. I redesigned the journals quickly and made a huge mistake in the stress calcs. I started assembling it, it started turning, then it ripped itself apart.

It never made a full revolution, so I never said much about it. I later realized there was a wear issue as well, so I scraped that design for a different one, one which I was never able to afford to complete. I still have the plans and calcs for it (and still have the remains of that original motor somewhere).

There are some differences in force application geometry, so I will need to rework my old calculations to see if this arrangement has merit. If/when I can find time to o so I will report back. It does have a chance of operating, though, based on my early experiments and the general design. If it does, it is an ingenuous way of overcoming that wear issue.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I do love those creations. They are amazing.

But the difference here is that they are converting a powerful force (wind) into slight mechanical movement of a relatively light object. This is pretty much just a highly elaborate (but very clever and beautiful) windmill.

I think this Renato Bastos Ribeiro guy has his mathematics a little confused, or he's deliberately defrauding people with false science.

Gravity might work to pull down a weighted arm, but energy is then used to pull it back up again. He's transferring energy from one arm to another with this method by the looks of things.

There is also the decay of momentum too, so although those little pendulum things you used to get on a desk that would swing back and smack the next one to make the one at the other end swing looked like they could go on forever, they don't. The momentum dissipates.

I'm no scientist, no genius, but I cannot see any way that he could make this machine work to produce more energy than he would need to put in to keep it going. I believe what he is making will just take small amounts of energy over time and not produce anything.

He's possibly made the worlds biggest corporate desk toy.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

I did realise they were totally different, The mechanism of the gravity machine just reminded me of the way the walking windmill was designed. Both are great peices of engineering.

The machine looks like it has counterweights that slid round those 90degree tracks you can see being added in the last few pictures, I'm wondering if they have been able to harness the kinetic energy also, as the weights swing down?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I designed a machine once before too. I never got to finish building it, lol. I ran out of funds and had some personal issues that that put it on a back burner. It was a water screw/wheel/fountain/thingy.

Please do let us know what you think about the maths for this machine, I was hoping someone with some engineering savvy would chime in.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

There are no counterweights. The force comes straight from the vertical pieces that are hinged to move vertically. Apparently the weight of those columns alone is deemed sufficient. The excess in force comes from the geometric relationship of the force components.

If (and that is an if; I have run no calcs yet) this thing works, it can be downsized to smaller individual-home sizes. That much I am sure of already.

I am halfway tempted to build a model...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Sorry, I was guessing, it's not finished yet.

This equipment is similar to a combustion engine, where a set of wheights represent the fuel and pistons that activate assemblies connected to a crankshaft.

In the last picture the arms are having pins inserted into them, another hinge to connect something to? Maybe another arm?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
reply to post by Trueman

That's good news for this not being a hoax then. Let's hope is not a failure.

If I was the guy, I'd double check breaks before driving and make someone taste my food first, you know....until the project is done.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

There are no counterweights. The force comes straight from the vertical pieces that are hinged to move vertically. Apparently the weight of those columns alone is deemed sufficient. The excess in force comes from the geometric relationship of the force components.

If (and that is an if; I have run no calcs yet) this thing works, it can be downsized to smaller individual-home sizes. That much I am sure of already.

I am halfway tempted to build a model...

TheRedneck

I would say, build it or release your blue prints...., before it's to late.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I'm sure In the link they said it was based on a smaller working model.

We have a small machine for experience and testing in our headquarter at Av. Pedro Ivo,933.

It must look promising for them to take it to the scale they have, and gamble the expense at the risk of it not working.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The demonstration model, which is the size of a small house, allegedly will be able to produce 30 kW -- about enough to handle the peak load from two homes. Their website consists of one page showing the progress in building their demonstration model, along with some promotional advertisements that they have published in various newspapers. With an interpreter on the line, I called the phone number on their site, but the owner, who would be best to answer any questions, is away for 15 days. The person we spoke with didn't know of any videos that show earlier prototypes that demonstrate a smaller version of the design in operation. He said that they were maybe 2-3 months away from completing the demonstration prototype, and that they are posting updates on their site. It seems to me that from an engineering point of view that there is an overkill on the amount and strength of steel being used. If this thing works, but only puts out 30 kW, there is no way the capital costs are going to compete with even the more expensive renewable energy modalities like Solar or Wind. But the biggest hurdle for now is mental, and perhaps a mammoth demonstrator like this would do the trick to finally unlocking the mental barriers. Then it can be engineered into smaller iterations, or put on a rotational frame of reference to increase the inertial pull and increase the power output.

peswiki.com...:RAR_Energia_Ltda_Gravity_Motor

Slide show from 2:10mins....

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
If it's being powered by gravity it's not a free energy machine, nor is it perpetual energy. Every hydro dam out there is the same thing. Also not free energy, also not perpetual motion.

-facepalm-

EDIT: Just looked at it, unless it's taking power from the momentum of the Earth?, the system looks closed and it doesn't look like it will work. Just an observation....
edit on 19-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
If it's being powered by gravity it's not a free energy machine, nor is it perpetual energy. Every hydro dam out there is the same thing. Also not free energy, also not perpetual motion.

-facepalm-

Gravity engine?

The energy produced will be free, as it will not be paid for, unless you count maintenance costs. And it will run on its own momentum.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join