It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geo-Engineering researcher vs. Chemtrail believers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I just spent a really enjoyable 1:45:00 watching a discussion of David Keith and a bunch of "chemtrail" believers. I should broaden that a bit...and a bunch of people who believe every conspiracy around and no knowledge of even basic scientific principles.
He says the theory is "laughable" twice. He actually says "I don't know what a 'chemtrails' is".
The believers pull out all the stops mentioning HAARP (which he says can't do what they claim), vaccines....I don't know if he was amused or a bit frightened at the people he agreed to meet with.

I used "search" and don't see that this video is here anywhere. Sorry for the length, but it is interesting. They actually ask him about "What in the World are the Spraying." He tells them the film maker was being deceptive and edited what he said with spin, also that the producer produced a test for him to comment on that was too vague to be useful. When you see yourself misrepresented, why would he watch the film and believe anything on it? That little fact seems to not seem to sink into the group who ask him to watch the whole thing.

I feel for the guy. He's trying his best, but having a group of people who believe everything without understanding anything...I don't know if he was more apt to laugh or run away. Or both. I vote both.
Enjoy.
I am expecting the calls of shill and the like from the believers here. Be aware, I really have watched the entire thing, so will know if you spin anything.
I have not yet looked for the follow-up they discuss at the end. I have researched and found that he continues in his studies today, so must not have been wowed by any "evidence" they provided to him.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Your video link is messed. Here it is:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I dont have the bandwidth to watch the vid, but I will say this.

A 1 hour 45 minute vid is not enough to research ANY of the subjects you mention.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm glad to see someone is being active against the chemtrail nonsense. An expert no less. Unfortunately, proof and persuasion are two distinctly different things. You can give enough proof to show beyond a shadow of a doubt chemtrails don't exist, but all a chemtrail believer has to do is say, "I don't believe it" or "you're a disinfo agent".

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

A 1 hour 45 minute vid is not enough to research ANY of the subjects you mention.

Apparently it is my friend. at least to some and if it's a video called What in the world are they spraying.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I have never bought the chemtrail theory personally. Although I do know that things like cloud-seeding take place in certain areas, which is entirely different than the government poisoning the people by spraying chemicals in the air. I'm sure things are sprayed in some places at certain times, but this is definitely not a conspiracy happening all over the US.

I actually saw something quite interesting the other day. You know how people claim that they do not remember seeing these types of trails in the sky decades ago? Well I remember watching a movie that was made in the late 70's, and in the background of one of the shots I saw the exact type of cloud formations that believers today present as evidence of chemtrails. So they must be mistaken that these types of formations were not appearing decades ago, because as I said, the video was made prior to 1980.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I have never bought the chemtrail theory personally. Although I do know that things like cloud-seeding take place in certain areas, which is entirely different than the government poisoning the people by spraying chemicals in the air. I'm sure things are sprayed in some places at certain times, but this is definitely not a conspiracy happening all over the US.

I actually saw something quite interesting the other day. You know how people claim that they do not remember seeing these types of trails in the sky decades ago? Well I remember watching a movie that was made in the late 70's, and in the background of one of the shots I saw the exact type of cloud formations that believers today present as evidence of chemtrails. So they must be mistaken that these types of formations were not appearing decades ago, because as I said, the video was made prior to 1980.

Well.....not quite!
The british were spraying chemicals over the uk way back in the 60's.
My problem with chemtrails is its indiscriminate, those responsible would be breathing the same air as the rest of us.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

They've existed since WWII, but thanks to new technologies making new aircraft more efficient, they are around a lot more now than they were in the past. It used to be the most common planes used low bypass turbofans, with the exception of a few of the bigger ones (747, DC-10, etc). The 707, which at one point was the 747 of its day, used a lower bypass ratio, which meant fewer persistent trails.

The newer planes almost all use a high bypass turbofan. The changes made to them as the years went on have allowed them to leave more persistent contrails, and the latest engines are even more efficient, which means we'll probably start to see even more of them.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This should be interesting...

Now where do the chemtrail believers go from here, as a scientist who studies our environment hasn't a clue what chemtrails are?

If your a believer it must hurt to see a geoengineering scientist say he has no clue what chemtrails are, and if your a debunker this should make you do a little of this....

Good find!!!!!

Are they really trying to convince a real scientist that he doesn't know what he is talking about?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

My problem with chemtrails is its indiscriminate, those responsible would be breathing the same air as the rest of us.

And yet chemtrail believers don't seem to register that in their thinking..

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Thanks for fixing the link for me, _BoneZ_ (having a bad week and sorry I can't recall who at the moment that was). My MIL is in the hospital with a broken leg. She has advanced Alzheimer's and will require surgery to relieve the pain, but the pain meds they try make her stop breathing. It's a very fine line of what they can do to help her until surgery. But I digress...

The next time someone say's to watch "What in the World are They Spraying?" I am going to use this. When someone can say he was misrepresented and the producer was after an agenda obviously from the start, it's a good clue that the rest of the "information" presented will also be crap. It blows the credibility right out of the water. Besides knowing they get no science right.

Here one of the leading scientists in the study of all issues of geo-engineering and someone asks for his credentials? I laughed out loud.
edit on 19-5-2013 by stars15k because: brain fart...it's been a bad week

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

Doesn't matter if you don't buy any theory, it is not enough to gloss over actual events that did happen, That makes your philosophy kind of wanting. And those events did secretly occur in the US, and long before 1980, and long before todays debate which is about two things, climate change and aerosol spraying to combat same, which is exactly why patents particular were produced for in the first place.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Doesn't matter if you don't buy any theory, it is not enough to gloss over actual events that did happen, That makes your philosophy kind of wanting. And those events did secretly occur in the US, and long before 1980, and long before todays debate which is about two things, climate change and aerosol spraying to combat same, which is exactly why patents particular were produced for in the first place.

Except the sort of spraying that was done was not for geoengineering, did not look like contrails, and was done before half the patents supposedly proving the chemtrail hoax came into existence.

Having read all those patents - or at least one list of them- AFAIK none of them "were produced for" this "in the first place" at all!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

David Keith doesn't know what Chemtrails are?? who's being misleading there!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Chemtrailers are.

It is one thing to know what they are SUPPOSED to be - but not even chemmies can agree on that!!

So why do you think someone who doesn't believe they exist to know what they are??!!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by smurfy

Chemtrailers are.

It is one thing to know what they are SUPPOSED to be - but not even chemmies can agree on that!!

So why do you think someone who doesn't believe they exist to know what they are??!!

For a Chicken you do tend to Rabbit on. I was replying to Stars in reference to his OP.

BTW, most people I know who doesn't believe something exists, at least knows the job description, otherwise there is nothing in which to not believe, 'strewth!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

For a smurf you do turn very blue trying to defend a fantasy - I guess it comes with the territory!!

And no problem - I was replying to you.

Are you applying for a job?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

OH, dear God. Watch the video I messed up the link to.

The reasons I have the sentence "I don't know what a 'chemtrails' is" is because it is a quote from the man himself, mere minutes into the video.

Geo-engineering is not about visible plumes behind aircraft now. He also explains this in the OP video. What he is talking about, the real geo-engineering of stratospheric aerosol spraying would not be visible, would be higher than what you consider a"chemtrail" and is not being done now. He is a researcher, as are all his colleagues. They examine the matter from all angles, then decide if it is something that can done, then talk about if it should be done. All before anyone does anything. He discusses this as well.

The people who decided to wear a mask of legitimacy by changing their boogeyman from "chemtrails" to geo-engineering are wrong. The field is so much more than that. Those who further try to legitimize themselves by using the phrase "stratospheric aerosol spraying" need to learn a lot more about the atmosphere.

When you call "chemtrails", point to the sky at a contrail, and then say it's "stratospheric aerosol spraying," you are WRONG. Re-editing someone's statement with made-up words that are wrong...he doesn't like that happening to him either. He discusses this when asked about "WITWATS."

So your post and your video...are wrong in just about every way. Watch the video. It's 1:45, but enlightening.
edit on 19-5-2013 by stars15k because: clarity

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by smurfy

For a smurf you do turn very blue trying to defend a fantasy - I guess it comes with the territory!!

And no problem - I was replying to you.

Are you applying for a job?

What fantasy is that? you're making no sense for this thread. What do you know about David Keith? What do you know about the ideology of actually deliberately warming the planet, or part of it. and most of all, you know feck all about me, or what I think. A word of advice, so's you don't need to use your label sticker, click on Smurfy and you will get all my posts, or a portion on them. there is nothing so cut and dried as you might wish.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
i remember reading online years ago that in the late 18oos some guy had wrecked a state in the u.s with powdered silver cloud seeding . anyone got info on that i was shocked at how much water it claimed he dumped on the place .

edit on 19/5/13 by billdadobbie because: bad spelling again

<<   2  3 >>

join