It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About those chemtrail patents....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
In this post dplum517 listed a bunch of patents that are supposedly evidence that chemtrails exist.

He offered no explaination as to why the patents prove the existence of chemtrails - not even for the 2 he did give some in fo on.

so for all the ones he just listed a number for I went and had a look at each of them.

Firstly let me say that I have no doubt at all that it is technically possible to “spray stuff” into the atmosphere from aircraft.

It is being done routinely, all over the world, for a number of purposes – fertiliser, weed killer, insecticides, oil dispersants, firefighting.

The apparatus for such activities has been around for decades - the fact that spraying apparatus exists should not be a surprise to anyone I hope??

However the existance of apparatus does not tell you anything about what it is being used for – and I note this in several places in the list below.

Indeed even the existance of a patent does nto tell you that it is actually being used for anythign at all – whether it’s original intended purpose, or for something else that it has been found to be useful for.

What is a patent? Basically it is an idea that someone has had, and which they are prepared to go through the rigmarole and pay hte fees to get some protection for. And that is all it is – the idea that it proves that hte subject of hte patent is in use is an invention of people who want it to be true, and ther are websites devoted to patently (sic) stupid patents for your entertainment – just search for “stupid patents” ...

All these I found through Free Patents Online - www.freepatentsonline.com...@@@@@@.html – where you can replace the @’s with the patent number.

edit on 3-10-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
And so on to dplum’s list - in many cases I have been able to cut and paste the abstract or a section of the body of the patent that (I hope) clearly explains what it is for.

7501103 - Tropospheric volume elements enriched with vital elements and/or protective substances

The production of the flue gases according to the invention may take place by combustion in any type of combustion apparatus. Production may also take place by means of vehicles driven by fuels according to the invention, in particular by meansof aircraft, ships and motor vehicles. Production may also take place by means of devices which are constructed to exclusively serve this purpose.

So you can burn stuff and it will enter the atmosphere, and this guy will then charge you for using his patent if you are doing so with hte intent to introduce anything into hte tropopuase for any beneficial or protective effect!
Chemtrailers beware – I hope you are paying your licence fees!

A method for artificially modifying weather by seeding a rain cloud comprising:
forming an aqueous solidifier material capable of retaining over three hundred times its own weight in water, wherein said aqueous solidifier material is a cross-linked aqueous based polymer; dispersing said material into a suitable cloud formation, wherein the wind generated by the storm causes said solidifier to mix with rain to form a gel like substance;
said gel like substance being of sufficient weight to precipitate to the surface below thereby diminishing the velocity of the cloud.

=cloud seeding using something othe than silver iodide

Factors controlling the effect of cloud seeding were critically examined, and a new horizontal penetration seeding method using liquid homogeneous ice nucleants at the lower level of the supercooled portion of clouds was invented to maximize the microphysics-dynamics interaction between the seeded ice crystal thermal and the supercooled cloud through optimal utilization of the phase change energy. Cloud seeding tests showed a remarkable effect. This method allows the development of twin rotating horizontal cylinders of ice crystal thermal, which slowly rise, expand and entrain the supercooled cloud droplets to provide the supersaturated condition and time for the required growth of seeded ice crystals. When the thermal reaches the top of the cloud, it spreads horizontally while lowering the ice crystals of sufficiently large size and fall velocity resulting in an effective treatment of the existing and induced cloud volume for precipitation augmentation and the associated dynamic effect. The seeding method and apparatus for the operation are claimed.

= Cloud seeding

A satellite weather modification system – certainly linked to geo-engineering, but there’s nothing about it that resembles “chemtrails” or contrails – unless you think the satellites in earth orbit are making holograms of aircraft “spraying” stuff??

Abstract: A method for precipitating atmospheric water by means of multicomponent aerosols, including iodide based complex multicomponent aerosol compositions. The compositions comprise a solid mass formed by a compacted mixture of silver iodide and the iodides, iodates, and periodates of alkali metals, lead, copper, barium; ammonia, barium chromate, and selected oxidizers such as ammonium perchlorate, and fuels such as poly-p-phenylene, phenol formaldehyde resin, epoxide resin, and shellac and mixtures thereof. The compositions, upon burning, produce an aerosol effective to promote atmospheric water precipitation.

Cloud seeding - a formula for making “candles” along the lines of those already used for cloud seeding. It does use barium – I guess that might be a problem for some.

A method of cloud seeding for precipitation enhancement, which method comprises the steps of:
burning, in a seeding flare, a pyrotechnic formulation which includes lithium carbonate (Li2 CO3) and, as an oxidizing agent, at least one compound selected from the group consisting of potassium chlorate (KClO3) and potassium perchlorate (KClO4), to produce hygroscopic seeding particles, which are released from said seeding flare; and allowing said hygroscopic seeding particles to enter a suitable cloud formation wherein said hygroscopic seeding particles act as nuclei for precipitable water drop formation, thereby enhancing precipitation from said cloud formation.

more cloud seeding

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

This invention is a process for absorbing ultraviolet radiation in the atmosphere by dispersing melanin, its analogs, or derivatives into the atmosphere. By appropriate choice of melanin composition, size of melanin dispersoids, and their concentration, the melanin will absorb some quantity of ultraviolet radiation and thereby lessen its overall effect on the critters who would normally absorb such radiation.

Blocking UV radiation by microscopic beads of melanin, especially in areas of reduced Ozone – well it is certainly interesting – so where is all this melanin on the ground and in atmopsheric samples??

A fluid ejector for discharging gases and fluids from an aircraft. The fluid ejector is fastened to an exterior surface of the aircraft and includes an air tube which is spaced apart from the exterior surface of the aircraft by a mast. Unwanted fluids and gases are evacuated from the aircraft through a conduit located inside the drain mast and are expelled from an outlet located in the side of the air tube. In this manner, the liquid or gases present at the outlet are discharged in a rearward direction away from the downstream portion of the aircraft by the airstream through the tube.

A fluid ejector!! Of course aircraft do have many of these already – for dumping/draining unwanted fluids from various systems (no – not toilets!!
) typically leaking oil from engines or hydraulic components - they are usually termed “drain mast” or similar, and you can find them all over aircraft, including on engine nacelles.
I downloaded the pictures for this one, and it’s exactly what I thought – an alternative design for drain masts - and I think I may have worked on aircraft that had this design or somethign similar fitted.

The old favourite – “Stratospheric Welsbach seeding for reduction of global warming “ – yet to see any actually fitted to any a/c of course.....plenty available online for this one – why did you bother “hiding” it in the middle of a lit os numbers??
chemmies usually love to shout this one from the rooftops!

“Creation of artificial ionization clouds above the earth “ – ie something like HAARP - same as the one above – why hide it??

But not actually connected with chemtrails in any way – the typical height mentioned is 90 kilometers – just a little above where aircraft actally fly!!

An aerosol generator is described which is capable of producing a monodisperse aerosol within narrow limits utilizing an aqueous solution capable of providing a high population of seed nuclei and an organic solution having a low vapor pressure. The two solutions are cold nebulized, mixed, vaporized, and cooled. During cooling, particles of the organic vapor condense onto the excess seed nuclei, and grow to a uniform particle size.

Ie something to allow seeds to be sown from aircraft ......I think we all KNOW why you tried to hide this one!!

4948050 Liquid atomizing apparatus for aerial spraying
AHA! This looks suspicious!!
Until you realise that he’s patenting a system where the atmoisers in a spray system are rotated to produce the desired characteristics in a more uniform manner than the current systems used on all sorts of spraying – eg ag, oil dispersal, etc.
These atomisers are the sort that stand out like dogs gonads – so please let us all know if you see them on airliners - because that WOULD be interesting.Until then you can see them on crop dusters, insecticide sprayers, etc.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I think we’ve seen this one before:

An aerosol generator is described which is capable of producing a monodisperse aerosol within narrow limits utilizing an aqueous solution capable of providing a high population of seed nuclei and an organic solution having a low vapor pressure. The two solutions are cold nebulized, mixed, vaporized, and cooled. During cooling, particles of the organic vapor condense onto the excess seed nuclei, and grow to a uniform particle size.

Yep – more seed spraying.....

Selective thermal radiators
I had a hard time figuring out why this one is in the list until I saw the word “Welsbach” – see 5003186 above – I think there mere presence of this word in hte patent has soem chemmies all upset about it, even though it has nothign to do with chemtrails – or even contrails – or geoengineering, or even spraying anything at all!
So what is it? It is a means for converting between parts of the light spectrum – specifically between IR and visible light – eg turning visible light into IR light, or vice versa.
It is to enable the measurement of IR light by simpler means than needing IR detection equipment.
Tell me how that is relevant please??

A method and apparatus altering a region of plasma that lies above the earth's surface at altitudes (e.g. below 50 kilometer) where the collison rate of the electrons in the plasma is originally greater than the cyclotron frequency of the electrons. First, artificial magnetic lines of force are established from the earth's surface by positioning a loop of cable at the earth's surface. An electrical current of sufficient amperage is passed through the cable which inherently generates the artificial magnetic field from the center of the loop. The field strength B on the artificial lines in the region of plasma to be altered is sufficient to increase the cyclotron frequency of the electrons in the plasma so that it will exceed the rate of collosion of the electrons. The plasma is then excited by electron cyclotron resonance heating to thereby further alter the plasma by transmitting circularly polarized electromagnetic radiation upward in a direction substantially parallel to and along the artificial field lines.

Relevance to chemtrails, contrails, or anything else??

A method of defending against a warfare cloud of toxic aerosol utilizes a charged defensive aerosol which is sprayed into the cloud. The defensive aerosol is made of a defensive agent which may be chemically or biologically active. The agent is sprayed through charged nozzles to impart a charge to the aerosol. The charge should be at least several thousands of volts with respect to ground so that particles of the defensive aerosol combine and coagulate with particles of the toxic aerosol to neutralize and cause rapid settling of the warfare cloud.

Well at leasts it is something to do with aerosols and toxics – that’s a bit of an advance over the usual....

It requires tanks of the material to be sprayed, and tanks of compressed gas to propell them, and an apparatus to charge them up. As always sith such inventions – some evidence of it being used on airliners, or even on military aircraft, in flight, to disperse something inimical would go a long way to proving chemtrails exist.
This patent, on the other hand, does not.

4653690 A method for making cumulus clouds

This invention relates to pyrotechnic compositions capable of generating aerosols. More particularly, this invention relates to combustible compositions comprising an alkali earth metal and a halide supplying compound. Finally, this invention relates to the disruption of a thermal inversion by combining the heats of hydration, condensation and combustion resulting from the ignition of a pyrotechnic composition which produces an alkali earth halide aerosol having a high heat of hydration.

So it’s a pyrotechnic – that means it burns – sort of like cloud seeding candles we all know about .....and it supposedly makes cumulus clouds....which exist at a fairly low altitude compared to contrails.....so what is it’s relevance to chemtrails or contrails??

The weather near a continental arid zone is modified by increasing the heat storage of the seas westwardly of the arid zone during the summer. The heat storage is increased by mixing the relatively warmer surface water with relatively cooler deeper water thereby reducing the surface temperature of the seas during the summer. Cooling the surface of the water will increase the radiant heat flux due to solar radiation and decrease the radiant heat loss from the surface during the summer thus increasing the amount of heat stored in the water an available for evaporation during the winter. Mixing is achieved by pumping water from a lower level in the seas to the upper level. In one embodiment of the invention, normal wave motion provides the mode of power for the pumping operation. In another embodiment, mixing is achieved by a paddle that is operated by wave motion.

Well it is clearly geo-engineering - but contrails or chemtrails?? How are they involved??

and it would seem to be a fairly major undertaking - I imagine a great deal of water would ahve to be pumped by this wave action - has anyone seen or heard of anythign actually being made to do this??

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

A laminar microjet atomizer and method of aerial spraying involve the use of a streamlined body having a slot in the trailing edge thereof to afford a quiescent zone within the wing and into which liquid for spraying is introduced. The liquid flows from a source through a small diameter orifice having a discharge end disposed in the quiet zone well upstream of the trailing edge. The liquid released into the quiet zone in the slot forms drops characteristic of laminar flow. Those drops then flow from the slot at the trailing edge of the streamlined body and discharge into the slipstream for free distribution.

A spray aparatus – at least it has some relevance to possible chemtrails. But see my note at the top – it’s not news, and it’s still not actually evidence that chemtrails exist.

The Atmosphere Modification Satellite is intended to be the beginning of a possible world-wide network of satellites designed to improve Earth through application of techniques and monitoring resulting in atmosphere modification. Energy sources of said satellite consist of: solar, electrical, energy particle beam(s), laser and magnetohydrodynamics (MHD). At proper plane(s) of orbit, the satellite is capable of identifying target areas and administering "M-Probes" to monitor, sample and/or modify the atmosphere. There is no limit to the number of types of atmosphere modification the satellite will perform

More geoengineering from satellites – so nothing to do with chemtrails or contrails at all.

A process for artificially modifying atmospheric precipitation wherein a liquid composition containing dimethyl sulfoxide as the principal ingredient is dispersed into the atmosphere from a container in microdroplet form having an average diameter ranging from 1 to 10 microns.

= cloud seeding again – an alternative to using Silver Iodide.

A method and apparatus is provided for production of ice nuclei by generation of homogenous nuclei in nozzle or orifice expansions. The homogeneous nuclei are formed in the rapid cooling of vapors by rapid expansion through a supersonic nozzle or an orifice. These nuclei then serve as seeding materials for formation of ice.

Ditto

There is disclosed method and apparatus for triggering a substantial change in ionospheric characteristics of the earth and measuring certain selected characteristics of the earth. Substantial energetic particle precipitation is triggered through injection of low energy ionized gas, such as hydrogen, in the region of large fluxes of energetic particles in or near the magnetic equator. The loss process is known to occur naturally but a triggered change is achieved through injection of larger amounts of low-energy ionized gas than are naturally present, preferably in the cusp region, which usually extends inside the synchronous orbit for several hours about local midnight.

There’s the ionosphere again – in this case the idea is to introduce a “cold plasma” – hydrogen – into the ionosphere!! Sound scarey – however it is also nothing to do with aircraft – the ionosphere starts at about 80-90 km height, and the method used is satellite injection into the earth’s magnetic field in the vicinity of the van Allen Belt by satellite!! The plasma then “rides” down the field lines and creates aurora that can be studied..
So not really much to do with contrails, chemtrails, or aircraft......

A pyrotechnic formulation for use in weather modification comprising a fuel nd an oxidizer and a mixture of a metal iodate and an alkali iodate. Upon combustion metal iodide and alkali iodide are generated as mixtures and complexes which show ice nuclei activity at from -5° to -20° C. depending on the molar range of metal iodide to alkali iodide.

= cloud seeding – an alternative to silver Iodide

3899144 POWDER CONTRAIL GENERATION – this is always a goodie for chemmies, and again I’m surprised it is hidden in among all the dross.
I suspect the OP didn’t actually know it was in here.....
As with all mechanisms – see my starting comments – technical ability has not been a problem.
In this case the objective is to create a visible trail for target aircraft tracking that does not require a heat source to burn oil or similar.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

A system for high frequency ionospheric radio communication utilizing traitting and receiving antenna polarizations which are adjusted to take into account specific properties of the ionospheric medium and comprising two sets of transmitters, receivers and antennas that send and receive polarized waves. Two channels of information can be received at a single RF transmitted frequency. An RF exciter circuit provides the excitation to two mixers each of which is driven by two signal sources. The outputs of the mixers are then amplified to drive the antennas.

Relevance to “proving” that chemtrails exist seems week in this one....

A fog and cloud seeding method and agent utilizing microencapsulation techniques whereby controlled seeding particle size for both dry initial particles and particles dispensed as solution droplets provides for the production and maintenance of a predetermined particle spectrum when using hygroscopic chemical compounds which are fragile, brittle or friable in crystalline structure. A hygroscopic chemical agent to be utilized in cloud or fog seeding is provided with a liquid permeable capsule shell such that optimization of particle size for improved seeding results is obtained.

=cloud seeding. A slightly different aspect of it – suggesting that some cloud seeding materials are ineffective because they are brittle, etc., so this proposes a method of encapsulating them to protect them.
But still just cloud seeding.

The present invention provides a method for producing rain or snow from natural atmospheric clouds using seeding agents characterized by a high solubility in water and a large endothermic heat of solution in water. Typical examples of materials suitable for use in practicing this invention are urea, potassium nitrate, potassium nitrite, and ammonium nitrate. Laboratory experiments have shown urea to be effective in producing ice crystals in a vapor cloud having a temperature as high as +6° C. In field experiments, urea has been observed to cause snow showers in supercooled clouds.

= cloud seeding

3545677 title = “Method of cloud seeding” – enough said

From here on the patents are only in the form of pdf scans of the original documetns rather than cut-able text, so I havent’ been able ot provide that – any spelling mistakes in my descriptions are my own fault.

Artificial ion cloud – a method for creating these in the ozone layer by releasing materials in the stratosphere – specifically lithium hydride, sodium hydride, butyl lithium or ethyl cesium, to create a radioreflective layer, that presumably could be used for radar or radio purposes.
Well.....it’s certainly somethnig proposed for the stratosphere, where aircraft fly, so that’s something relevant. Other than that......what is it supposed to prove??

3517512 Apparatus for supporessing contrails – this has to be important – surely??
It is a proposal to inject chlorosulphuric acid into engine exhaust, to nucelate water – but to create such small particles that htey would nto actually be visible.
Hm......well....since chemtrails are visible it would nto seem to be all that relevant afte all! That plus no reports that I’m aware of that it has ever been fitted to any a/c (feel free to update) and it appears to be “just another” means of “spraying” – for which see my opneing comments.

3429507 Title: “Rainmaker”....hmm...I can see where this is heading....
But actually it is a proposal for a huge venturi to be fitted to, or made as, the fuselage of an aircraft to make rain. If this existed it would be about as obvious as the nose on an elephant’s face!

3374708 title: electrical anti-personnel weapon
Huh- relevant how??
It’s basically a taser, but using 2 streams of conductive liquid to send the charge rateh than wires.

3222675 Title: "Means for positioning a plurality of elements in orbit around a celestial body”
So how to get more than 1 thing in orbit and control it there – the patent specifically refers to microwave reflectors, but, as with so many of these, ther seems no obvious connection to aircraft or chemtrails.
I guess ther might be some relevance to geo-engineering from orbiting reflectors tho – do you think that is why it made your list??

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
3174150 title: "Self focusing antenna system”
I do not see any connection here to chemtrails, nor geoengineering. It uses satellite communications to illustrate it’s point – is that why it is in the list??

3133250 title: "Method an aparatus for communicating through a region of ionised gas."
It seeks to show that you can use a rocket exhaust trail to help reception of radio signals too and from a rocket – usually the exhaust trail gets in the way apparently.

Relevance? Ionised gas gets a lot of mention in other patents in this list, and i guess it is mentioning a use for rocket exhaust??

2550324 title: Process for controlling the weather”
THIS MUST BE IT!!

Until you read it. It is a process for removing water particles that are too small to actually see from the air – basically it is still “cloud seeding” – albeit without clouds – it is about using a range of materials to nucleate water vapour in an attempt to keep airports clear of bad weather.

Various materials are suggested – including snow (natural & artificial), “flake ice” (again both natural and manufactured), cement, salts (Potasium iodide, sodium chloride, calcium chloride).

So basically is postulating the same processes as cloud seeding – albeit in 1948 (the date of the patent) IMO they didn’t really understand what they could actually achive.

2527230 title: “Method of crystal formation and precipitation”.
Again from 1948, again cloud seeding – specifically trying to make snow

2232728 Title: Method and composition for dispelling vapours.
From 1937 (didn’t chemtrails start in the 1990’s??
) – dispersing hygroscopic particles into the air to clear fog and mist.
Relevance to chemtrails??

1957075 title: “Aeroplane spray equipment”
In 1931 O. Morgenson Jnr had the bright idea to use the venturi effect to disperse materials from aircraft, and apparently 80 years later this is evidence that chemtrails exist. I wonder if he knew that would happen?!

well it was an interesting exercise checking out what creative minds can come up with and patent - so I guess I owe jplum some thanks for the incentive

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I Flag your original post and am glad see you read them...or at least some.

However I am disappointed you don't see the pattern.

Sure ...some of them are old and are well known devices...

But surely you see that for the better part of a century people have been Researching & Developing these types of technologies to spray particles into the air for whatever purpose.

Too bad my thread will probably be closed.

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

no - I see that pattern - it has not been a secret - as I said the ability to "spray stuff" from the air is well established.

but the ability to do somethign is not evidence that it IS being done for any given purpose - sure it is evidence that it COULD be done - and I have never argued that spraying could not be done at all.

What I dispute is that there is any credible evidence that it IS being done.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The link in the OP doesn't work. The post was removed or something.

Dplum I made a thread with a list of patents a few months ago here..Chemtrail Patents

Please ad any of the patents you think are relevant that are not listed. Thanks

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
But surely you see that for the better part of a century people have been Researching & Developing these types of technologies to spray particles into the air for whatever purpose.

Can you point to the one that will create long white lines in the sky that will then expand, covering the sky with haze.

Because I can't see it there.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Here is the obvious one. Was on the list.
edit on 4-10-2011 by dplum517 because: edit

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

Stratospheric Welsbach seeding for reduction of global warming, Patent number: 5003186
www.google.com...

And what about that suggests it would create white lines?

Why would there be a gap between the plane and the line?

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I am not claiming these are chemtrails but... interesting to see what the DoE is researching....

Pacific Northwest Laboratory

edit on 4-10-2011 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Are you trying to get me on the details?

For the most part any large amount of particles you spray in the air will produce a white type of cloud.

There is a gap because the plane is traveling at 500mph or more.

And just to be clear .... one of the methods in Patent #5003168 it states

The method of claim 1 wherein said particles are dispersed by seeding the stratosphere with a quantity of said particles at altitudes in the range of seven to thirteen kilometers above the earth's surface.

If they do it at the minimum 7 kilometers..... that is about 22,704 feet. Pretty low.
edit on 4-10-2011 by dplum517 because: Added

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
There is a gap because the plane is traveling at 500mph or more.

That doesn't make any sense. Why would the speed make a gap? Do the aluminum oxide particles somehow teleport 100 feet behind the engines?

If you were to spray powder backwards out of a moving car, would there be a gap?

top topics

join