It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA To Allow Higher Limits On Monsanto RoundUp

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
First off, Thank you seeker 1963!!!!

This month (May 2013) the EPA announced a final ruling to increase, yet again, the allowed residue limits in food and animal feed of glyphosate, the key active ingredient in Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide. Under the ruling, the allowed glyphosate level in animal feed will rise to 100 parts per million (ppm) and 40 ppm in oilseed crops. There is precedence for final rulings to be revisited, even reversed, if enough people voice their opposition. The EPA will take comments on the ruling until July 1, 2013. The EPA ruling defies sound science and undermines public health. Peer reviewed studies show rats fed diets as low as 2ppm of glyphosate were 70 percent to 80 percent more likely to develop tumors. Infertility, affecting both the sperm and the egg, was documented in animals subjected to glyphosate residue levels as low as .05 ppm. Birth defects in frog and chicken embryos resulted after being subjected to glyphosate residues of just 2.03 ppm.

Most people know how I feel about this company. I generally refer to them as Monsatan, out of a lack of respect for their business practices.
I wish I had more time to do more research on this, but my concern is that it seems that are so many bills being passed, or trying to be passed right now, concerning this company. How many angles are they coming at us? How many ways can they get what they want, with total disregard for "We the people?" Why is our government selling us out, when so many other countries are waking up? I understand the money issue, but didn't they try to "buy" officials in other countries, that still seem to have voted for the public?

It is all so frustrating!!! Hopefully enough people put their names on the petition here, to make a difference, at least on this issue.
Source

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Don't thank me!

I appreciate your post and this is ridiculous! We are all being told about the death of bees and there have been associations with Round UP and YET, here is the EPA allowing Monsanto to make this stuff stronger?????

Star and Flag to you!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say: omfg.

I'm allowed to say that, right?

Soon the US will have to choose from a Republican Monsanto executive, and a Democratic Monsanto executive in presidential elections.

More and more is being found about glycosphate residue and what do the do? Double down!

This bug wants off this rock.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Thank you for making me aware of the petition you set a link to. My name is on the list and I will spread the word.

I wish more threads like yours were on this site. It's efforts like this that end up making the biggest differences I believe! S+F for you without hesitation!

Growing our own vegetables for consumption is the best way to combat these issues. It's also a great way to provide relaxation into one's life.

Thanks again!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

LOL I said basically the same thing about the presidency in another thread, that they might as well run!

I guess they need to raise it, to ensure they kill off every bee. I thought I read somewhere that they were working on robotic ones? Hell, that way, not only do they have all the plants, the insecticides, the fertilizers, but can "patent" pollination as well!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ttobban

Your right, but you may want to make sure you harvest your own seeds as well, so you can continue with organic in the future!

My garden gets bigger ever year and we are putting in a greenhouse this fall!

Thanks for signing it!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

yep Robot bees and pollen will be patented. They kill the real bees and they have the answer.

earthfirstnews.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Certainly if these levels are bad they should not be allowed in the food however I took this from the actual report. This is what they are blaming these levels for.

Consequences are most of the diseases and conditions associated with a Western diet, which include gastrointestinal disorders, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, depression, autism, infertility, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease

www.mdpi.com...

So apparently they are blaming these levels of Glyphosate for everything from being obese to being depressed and there is no scientific proof of that.

I am in 100% favor of taking dangerous things off the market, including Monsanto products, but we need to be careful of research and not jumping to conclusions. Monsanto may be pushing thier legislation and biased reports but so are the anti-Monsanto people.

We need to find out what exactly is the truth before we make any decisions.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Funny how you focused on that part.

What about this part?

The EPA ruling defies sound science and undermines public health. Peer reviewed studies show rats fed diets as low as 2ppm of glyphosate were 70 percent to 80 percent more likely to develop tumors. Infertility, affecting both the sperm and the egg, was documented in animals subjected to glyphosate residue levels as low as .05 ppm. Birth defects in frog and chicken embryos resulted after being subjected to glyphosate residues of just 2.03 ppm.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I just found this article, don't know if it's debunked, but if not, it just proves that RoundUP is just dangerous, all the way around.

Dangers of RoundUP

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom

Funny how you focused on that part.

What about this part?

The EPA ruling defies sound science and undermines public health. Peer reviewed studies show rats fed diets as low as 2ppm of glyphosate were 70 percent to 80 percent more likely to develop tumors. Infertility, affecting both the sperm and the egg, was documented in animals subjected to glyphosate residue levels as low as .05 ppm. Birth defects in frog and chicken embryos resulted after being subjected to glyphosate residues of just 2.03 ppm.

I did not reference that part because it is not sourced in the report.

As far as I know they are making it up.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well, here are a few things to read, out of the UK. Big surprise you can't find more in the US.

www.i-sis.org.uk...

www.i-sis.org.uk...
edit on 17-5-2013 by chiefsmom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I did not reference that part because it is not sourced in the report.

As far as I know they are making it up.

So let us see Hope...............Monsanto.............a global corporation that hires mercenaries to protect them, (Academia formerly known as Blackwater) whom also has a revolving door at the Whitehouse.......................you know, just take a gander at the many threads already posted on ATS for a reference that shows how ex Monsanto employees now run the FDA, and the Agriculture Department, and the EPA..................and YOU trust them and their proven unscientific reports over some little guys that just want food freedom???????

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
But.. but... Brawndo has what plants crave, it has electrolytes!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Had to look that up! I actually have that movie, but haven't watched it.
Maybe it predicts our future?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You would be surprised at how right you are. You should watch it.

Money and greed has caused the decision makers to go full on retarded.

In other news...
One in five U.S. kids has a mental health disorder, CDC reports..
ATS Link

Hmm, I wonder what could cause this?
edit on 17-5-2013 by Digital_Reality because: spelling

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

One in five U.S. kids has a mental health disorder, CDC reports..

Dude/Dudess................ that one has me so PO'd I cannot really comment on it without violating T&C.............But I really hope people can see thru the propaganda and realize that the CDC has sold out to Big Pharm..............

But to stay on topic, I had to look up your last post as well!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Another gobsmacker for us to ingest. This will affect all meat, poultry, eggs and dairy. Seriously, how can they sleep at night? If I were to say what I want to about this, I would massacre the T&Cs.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Time for change, time for change!
I have hopes that the people listen to their hearts, never msm.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Good post chiefsmom! Roundup, poison and pure garbage. I have been using pure, white vinegar in a spray bottle with a little dollop of any liquid dishwash detergent like dove or some such and spray yard weeds with it and it kills them without being a danger to kids/pets, plus the yard smells like a nice, fresh salad for awhile and not like a chemical factory...
, it works! You put the soap at the bottom and then fill the spray bottle to the top with vinegar and that's it. It even kills some bugs too. Every few weeks I do it again. Best to do it when rain not expected. Sometimes, in as little as 2 hours, the weeds are dry, brown and dead. Just don't spray where you want flowers/veggies to grow as that might mess that dealy up as it really takes the bite outta anything it gets sprayed on...without killing/sickening people or pets. Thanx for listening. Blessings. ^j^

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join