It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early in Second Term, Triple-Scandal Hits Obama Administration.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dieseldyk
OP there is more than three scandals. There is

1. Fast and Furious gate

2. IRS gate, which can be broken down into
a. denying patriot groups charity status
b. audits of people speaking out against Obuma
c. seizing millions of medical records without a warrant (NEW!!!!)

3. Justice Department gate
a. seizing AP phone records
b. Wire tapping Congress (the cloak room)

4. Bengazi gate (the cover up of arms sales to a known terrorist organization AQ)

Fast and furious- was actually begun during the Bush administration, shut down and then resurrected under Obama. Did someone drop the ball? No doubt. But as with most things that happen in our government the President is not read in on most.

IRS? The IRS was doing exactly what they were supposed to do when they investigated those asking for tax exempt status for a political organization. These groups, although investigated, were allowed the status they requested even though under the letter of the law they should not have been.

Seizing AP phone records? They believed there was a security leak that could be dangerous. At least they got a subpoena which is much better that what was done during the Bush admin. and some previous.

Benghazi? Really? What was covered up? I keep asking that question and have yet to get a rational answer.

As for your other conspiracy assertions I have not seen any info on them except on deep red or conspiracy sites so I will withhold any thoughts I might have regarding those.

BTW, Obama did take his oath on the Bible. Now if I was one to follow Occam's Razor then I would be inclined to say that all of your information is must be wrong. I mean if you can't get something as basic and easily checked as whether or not the man took his oath of office on a Bible then what should we expect concerning the other threads.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarsky
Fast and furious- was actually begun during the Bush administration, shut down and then resurrected under Obama. Did someone drop the ball? No doubt. But as with most things that happen in our government the President is not read in on most.

IRS? The IRS was doing exactly what they were supposed to do when they investigated those asking for tax exempt status for a political organization. These groups, although investigated, were allowed the status they requested even though under the letter of the law they should not have been.

Seizing AP phone records? They believed there was a security leak that could be dangerous. At least they got a subpoena which is much better that what was done during the Bush admin. and some previous.

Benghazi? Really? What was covered up? I keep asking that question and have yet to get a rational answer.

Fast and Furious?How could the President not know about running guns into a FOREIGN country? Such an operation would need approval from high places and it doesn't make sense that the President would be totally clueless about what went on.

IRS? Throwing resources at investigating groups that happen to oppose Obama while quickly approving more liberal groups is scandalous on its own. Over the top tactics (like asking for prayer content) just makes it worse. Obama already stated himself that the actions of the IRS are intolerable, it's just too bad he didn't know it was going on.

AP phone records? If Bush did anything like this the entire (already Bush hostile) media would have been howling for impeachment 24/7.

Benghazi? Not sending aid for hours when Americans were under attack and requesting for help? Why? The Benghazi questions should have been answered before the election and heads should have rolled at that time. I am quite sure you aren't the only one that wasn't given a rational answer, I am sure the family members of those killed want to know as well.

Sorry to say but even some people on the left are outraged over what is going on. Americans were promised "hope and changed" and "transparency." It's just more of the same from the Bush/Clinton times, only that Obama has been vastly more enabled under the umbrella of political correctness.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Still, I don't want to see his agenda sent off the rails either.

Recovery, immigration reform, education, fiscal policy, the international scene, mid East peace, Iran, North Korea.

I'd like to see everyone get together at the same table and agree that we need a settled world with slow and steady growth for the foreseeable future, because that's the kind of foundation that prosperity and equal opportunity are based upon, within the framework of an enlightened mutual self interest.

Obama's laziness is the only problem now, that man really needs to get his ass in gear, and FINISH THE JOB he started and set out to do. imho.

Regards,

NAM

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

He's lamed up pretty good now. Infighting will break out in the open at some point as new dem potus hopefuls will need to separate themselves, distance themselves of all this baggage.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jaguarsky

Actually you're the one whose is wrong. In Obama's first inauguration there was a bible but Chief Justice John Roberts flubbed to oath. So Obama took the oath a second time. When he took the oath a second time, there was no bible. Here see for your self

Where's the bible?

And again there was something strange at the start of the second term because he flubbed it again.

The rest of the what I said is 100% accurate. Obama's use of emergency powers is completely unconstitutional, same as when W. was using it. It's sad really, it is. Obama came in with great promise, he seemed to be a a lot better than W. but Obama's surrounded himself with the same people who caused economic collapse and the same people who want to start a bunch of wars we can't afford. And he's stepped up the Drone attacks and is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of children. And let me tell you this, all children are God's children and God does not forgive child murderers, he burns them. Which is one reason why I am curious about Obama not swearing his oath of office on the bible and his continual flubbing of the oath of office.

Anyway I looked at a bunch of your posts, you look like an apologist with a hint of snide arrogance, you're wrong pretty much 100% of the time just like your hero Obuma. The fact that you disagree with me gives me comfort that my analysis is right on the money and I guess its no use confusing you with the facts
(Yah I read that post of yours too)

Facts are that Obama is using emergency powers to control main stream media, he's using the power of his office to make political attacks on people and organizations. He is brokering deals with AQ and other terrorist organizations and that is why Bengazi is important and its why AQ and terrorism was left out of the reports. He's wire tapping Congress. This whole administration is so Orwellian that it would be scary if it weren't so pathetic. The fact is that much of what people are complaining about, from TSA sticking fingers into granny's woo hoo, to IRS intimidation, to funding AQ, to the build up of arms by DHS. None o that is possible without the unconstitutional claim that we are in a state of emergency. And that is the real story that people need to start repeating.

Now everyone, Repeat after me
"There is no state of emergency, the president's executive order is unconstitutional"
"There is no state of emergency, the president's executive order is unconstitutional"

Get it, Got it, Good

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dieseldyk

1st of all - I am completely, utterly against obozo - and even the MSM is posting that his birth certificate is fake.

2nd - don't forget the immigration reform bill that allows a whole lot of extra people (and criminals) in with the "good mexicans"

3rd - obozocare and the "new immigrants" that will get health care without paying for it.

4th - EPA - and that whole scandal.

5th - Fast and Furious is tied into all of this - and most likely benghazi-gate and the arms that we were supplying to the alqueada terrorists

to get us to -

Neocon scumbags like McCain - who want to start another ME war with Syria/Iran.

Don't be fooled - these politicians are just trying to overwhelm us with their treason - on both sides.

Don't let either side of the dirtbag win.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Level headed liberals should have seen the light after he signed the patriot act.
Will this fianlly be enough for the common working liberal?

I sure hope so......dramatic pause........ come on guys and gals they have lied to you. Is this what you had in mind when you voted for him?
edit on 18-5-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jaguarsky

I bet ATS will see posters trying to spin and lay blame everywhere accept were it belongs. What do you think? What will it take for the die hard liberals to see the light?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I agree with you and I'd like to add. That most everything that has gone wrong in this country has happened since 9/11 as a result of the power grab of the executive branch by invoking emergency powers. For crying out loud, its 11 years later, there is NO EMERGENCY.

And then there are progressives in both parties and they take turns attacking portions of the constitution. Each party does this. They no longer seek to enlarge the protections of the bill of rights that they support, but instead seek to destroy the protections that the other side holds dear. The result is that the constitution is under constant attack no matter who is in charge. And yes, neo-cons are to blame too, as well as others. In fact neo-cons benefit from the fighting over the constitution because it gives them cover to work behind the scenes.

And then there are inept and corrupt senile politicians. McCain, Feinsten, Harry Reid, Pelosi, lindsey Graham and a lot of others need to go. We don't need and the country should not have to stomach people like strom thurmond, sitting in a wheel chair at 100 years old, messing his draws and having his colleagues holding his arm up to vote because he doesn't know what's going on. that's just ridiculous. How can a senile person decide what the best interests of the country are if they can't understand the definition of the words "best interests", or "country" or even "diaper".

To turn this country around we need people who are smart, capable and loyal to the country. What we need is a constitutional amendment for
1. Term limits 8 years in any combination of congressional office or executive office is enough.
2. Age limits. 70 years old is old enough for a congressman or president, after that senility is a problem.
2. Family dynasty term limits, once a person is in office, a bar on other family members for a couple of generations. There is nothing worse that having a really bad lifer politician retiring only to see his or her second coming in the form of a poisonous offspring that fills their seat as if they were entitled and
3. Loyalty provision in the qualifications with an out right prohibition that would prevent dual citizens and dual nationality citizens from holding any federal office or cabinet position.

All of these scandals have their basis in hypocrisy and the way to get rid of hypocrisy is to hold people accountable and to set up a structural fix that will prevent people with dual loyalties from gaining positions of power.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join