It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early in Second Term, Triple-Scandal Hits Obama Administration.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Washington (CNN) -- Facing a trio of possible scandals that threaten to overwhelm his second term agenda, President Barack Obama on Thursday rejected calls for a special counsel to investigate Internal Revenue Service targeting of conservative groups and declared he would fix any problems in government.

A light rain suddenly turned heavier when Obama began speaking, symbolizing his political woes that prompted him to make a trio of moves this week intended to regain the momentum or at least halt the damage.

www.cnn.com...

I've generally and for the most part been somewhat supportive of Obama or at least I don't simply condemn him as a knee jerk reaction absent any reason or without basis in fact ie: be anti-Obama as a pre-conceived, irrational bias, but this stuff is starting to take on the appearance of a pattern of arrogance manifesting itself in the form of abuse of power, and that's a corporate cultural issue that rises all the way to the "CEO", imho.

Your honest and well-reasoned thoughts..?

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 16-5-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

What I am wondering about is...with all these problems and issues going on...and the heavy media coverage of them...are the stories about them being used as a (deflecting tool) to have (most people) preoccupied; so that they are not focusing on what may be buried and hidden that they don't want known? Your thoughts?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I can agree to the culture of arrogance.
On the other hand, I have been dead set against Obama since he first poked his head out of the oozing swamp of corruption that is the Chicago area. But to be fair, I don't believe for a second that McCain or Romney would have been any better.

Are there any honest politicians (an Oxymoron, I know) on the horizon that have any legitimate chance of ever being elected to office? I don't think so. At least there are none that I can think of.

I also tend to agree with Caladonea on the distraction point of view. Fast and Furious has all but been forgotten, No body is crying about the economy lately, The Monsanto protection act seems to have completely fallen off the radar.

Man, is there any reason to have positive feelings about the state of this country right now?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Common psywar tactics....keep the enemy(us) so stressed out that rational thought becomes difficult at best.

we are being played big time.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
arrogance?

thats the least arrogant president ever

i just question the people around obama

why isnt GITMO closed...they are setting up a mass suicide

why is the IRS making comments...usually they shut the f up and not implicate the president

in short...its potentialised sabotage...hiding and waiting in the shadows,

why would obama want to be president if the top brass are sabotaging him.

and the secondary reaction from the public makes me laugh
edit on 16-5-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

I also tend to agree with Caladonea on the distraction point of view. Fast and Furious has all but been forgotten, No body is crying about the economy lately, The Monsanto protection act seems to have completely fallen off the radar.

You forgot the ObamaCare fiasco as well. It seems everytime that anti-Healthcare act train seems to be gaining ground, another fiasco pops up.

These current scandals will eventually come to a end. Some will be burned, and others will walk. But the Health Care Act will be with us for a looooong time, draining our pockets and the budget. That IMO is where he will be getting his way of fundementally changeing America.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This scandal has been generated by FOX news. I can't believe some thing generated by an entertainment company, they aren't a credible news source.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

C'mon, all the MSM are reporting it. Some are down playing it of course, saying that while there is a scandal, it's not as big as it appears. But they are all reporting it.

Even Tingles Matthews.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

You're going to have to be more specific. Which scandal are you referring to?
The IRS one?
I doubt the administration would have fired Steven Miller just to appease Fox. And Joseph Grant, commissioner of the agency's tax exempt and government entities division, allegedly will be retiring June 3.

The Benghazi mess?
You can read the Emails yourself.

The AP wire tapping?
Even Democrats are ripping into Holder over that.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
There is probably so much more we don't know about yet! There are so many gov departments to choose from. Maybe the congress and msm will look at the eligibility claims. MSM is hopefully going to start investigating instead of just believing what thay are told.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
OP there is more than three scandals. There is

1. Fast and Furious gate

2. IRS gate, which can be broken down into
a. denying patriot groups charity status
b. audits of people speaking out against Obuma
c. seizing millions of medical records without a warrant (NEW!!!!)

3. Justice Department gate
a. seizing AP phone records
b. Wire tapping Congress (the cloak room)

4. Bengazi gate (the cover up of arms sales to a known terrorist organization AQ)

and who knows what else.

Looks like this administrations is knee deep in suppression of the political speech and the sale of arms to terrorists and drug cartels. This is Nixon+++++

Truth be told the real problem lies in the continual authorization of the state of emergency extending back to 9/11/2001. That emergency has long past, but administration after administration is drunk with power. If we are trading guns with AQ in Bengazi, then its proof we are not in an immediate threat and that it is Congress's responsibility to be enact laws to deal with non-emergency situations. Not only is declaring a state of emergency when none exists unconstitutional, Congress has been guilty of not putting things back to normal. I would say every action taken by this president under emergency powers needs to be challenged. The checks and balances of our constitutional democracy need to be restored to the people. But then again there is the other side of the coin that this administration is knee deep in oppressing political speech of people who are advocating for an ending of the emergency powers and a restoration of the constitution.

My point is is that these seemingly unconnected scandals are in fact connect. The GOP is set to take control of all of Congress after the mid terms and I think we will see Obuma impeached, unless he acts fast to surrender his emergency powers and starts honoring his oath to defend and protect the constitution of the United States. As an aside, you should note that Obuma never swore his oath on a bible... makes you go hmmmm.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
problem reaction solution

now that it is obama's last term
they will decimate his administration with scandals
then
look for a republican majority in the next election

same same here for hiel harper
only we will get liebarrels

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Oh this is much more than a triple scandal. Hold on to your seats folks, the ride is going to get quite bumpy for the Obama admin and us. We psychics have been warning you!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

star that
hmmm
and I thought de nile was a river in egypt
well, some did think Obama was king aknaten's clone or something like that
now I know what they ment
edit on 16-5-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dieseldyk

Didn't you see my thread about Monsanto and the State department? It's a whopper! Look at my second post there. So you can add that onto your list.

Oh and don't forget the EPA, and there are other alphabet agencies inolved. I guess this all relates to Obama's enemies list. The first president to have one since Nixon. But from what I heard, Nixon's was more hypothetical while Obama's was real.
edit on 16-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
problem reaction solution

now that it is obama's last term
they will decimate his administration with scandals
then
look for a republican majority in the next election

same same here for hiel harper
only we will get liebarrels

Stop it - you're scaring me.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
America is drowning in an Alphabet soup, never before in the history of humanity have so many been watched by even more people.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
One good thing about all these scandals, gun control is going to be a really tough sell for the rest of this dirt bags term. Also there's a good chance it could lead to repubic control of the senate, which could lead to obozocare repeal..

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Although I must admit that he's doing a better job and setting a better example than the Mayor of Toronto, John Ford.

I suppose in that regard he's got Michelle to keep him in line..

edit on 17-5-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join