It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lies,Lies, and Damn lies: Obama blames Benghazi on Congress

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

All this talk of impeachment is premature and with the current makeup of the Senate and House, won't go anywhere.

What I think we all should agree on is lets get all the details and facts out and THEN we can make appropriate conclusions.There does need to be further investigation, as the Executive Branch has hardly been "transparent" on this one.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Which is where a special prosecutor comes into play, however Holder has stated that wont happen, so the ball goes back in Congress;s court.

The AP mess...
The IRS mess....
The Benghazi mess...

When the administration goes out of its way to not answer questions or provide facts, I would say impeachment should be discussed at somepoint.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by pavil

Which is where a special prosecutor comes into play, however Holder has stated that wont happen, so the ball goes back in Congress;s court.

The AP mess...
The IRS mess....
The Benghazi mess...

When the administration goes out of its way to not answer questions or provide facts, I would say impeachment should be discussed at somepoint.

Well said. Consider that Nixon was not brought down by the actions at Watergate but by the coverup that followed.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
reply to post by Xcathdra

All this talk of impeachment is premature and with the current makeup of the Senate and House, won't go anywhere.

What I think we all should agree on is lets get all the details and facts out and THEN we can make appropriate conclusions.There does need to be further investigation, as the Executive Branch has hardly been "transparent" on this one.

I don’t know democrats are trying to get ahead of this and are starting to make threats about special prosecutors. The problem this administration has is there first instinct is to stonewall and obstruct. He’s very worried about his image people make out Obama to be a monster but after observing him ill say he just doesn’t like not being liked. He needs recognition he craves it and his first instinct when he feels attacked? Well it should be to disarm them but he goes on the offense maybe this has something to do with abandonment issues or something. But Obama never learned how to deflect criticism I yet to see him do it. He either tries to hide it or attacks the person. In these instances I think his instincts got him in trouble.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Don't get me wrong, I am FAR from an Obama Supporter but every Presidential Admin in my lifetime has stonewalled and obstructed when they have screwed up things. It's not just an Obama thing. Republican and Democrat act the same in that regard. I do agree that it has to be Congress to get all the facts and get to the bottom of all these scandals.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
reply to post by dragonridr

Don't get me wrong, I am FAR from an Obama Supporter but every Presidential Admin in my lifetime has stonewalled and obstructed when they have screwed up things. It's not just an Obama thing. Republican and Democrat act the same in that regard. I do agree that it has to be Congress to get all the facts and get to the bottom of all these scandals.

Well not true Jimmy Carter was honest i think thats part of the reason people thought he was stupid. Bushes both went by the same tactics they both just ignored it which can be effective except for presidential ratings. George Bush was an expert he didnt hide crap we all knew. He wasjust realgood at laying low The press was on him constantly he walked around like he was oblivious to it. And it worked surprisingly when confronted he would just change the subject again it worked havnt a clue how though.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by sonnny1
ACCOUNTABILITY.

Sums it up.

Good luck... This administration seems to have placed that word / phrases in the same pile as War on Terror, honesty, integrity, truthfulness, transparent, transparency, freedom of press, right to own and bare arms....

Thank God he has not been able to completely control the media... If he could, we would know nothing about this lie or the other lies he and his administration have made...

The same media that minded the peoples business when Bush was in office, and the same media that minded the peoples business when Clinton was in office, to the same media that covered the first inauguration.
edit on 18-5-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Right... Bush has been out of Office since 2008 so im not sure exactly what your point is? Or are you suggesting Bush is to blame? If so the Dems have -

Although Lord Vader had it right from the start.....

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Apparently your mind isn't open enough to tell the difference between a joke and a statement made with serious intent.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndthought

Problem is, he wasnt joking. We lost more civil liberties under Bush than any other president.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Yeah... You keep telling yourself that.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
reply to post by 2ndthought

Problem is, he wasnt joking. We lost more civil liberties under Bush than any other president.

And Europe was decimated by the Nazis during WWII... Did the people of those nations continue to blame Hitler for the damage or did they get over it and move on, fixing the problems Hitler created?

If we look at those countries today we can see they recovered and rebuilt.. The cities are not in ruins because the population did not go around and constantly state Hitler made this mess.

A CEO is hired and runs the company into the ground... When that CEO is fired, and a new one is hired, they don't go around telling everyone they didn't make the mess.

There was 2+ years where the Democrats controlled 2 out of 3 branches of government, and they accomplished absolutely nothing. Stop blaming Bush, he has been out of office for over 4 years now.

This is ALL Obamas mess.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

oh right and the imposter president only supported the NDAA - uhh no - he pedalled it to CONgress (like a snake oil salesman wanna be)

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join