It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CFR's Jolie has both breast removed without yet having cancer. Didn't anyone slip her the memo?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Bah, you're an insensitive male. You probably think women who are raped did something to deserve it.

Absolutely not. A person who can't control their urges is an animal that needs to be put down.

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

How do you know when she had the genetic testing done?

Well, I'm quite sure her big money docs explained (as her mother was fighting the cancer) that she needed to be tested asap for that genetic marker. That's just a logical deduction. So, unless she's an idiot (and I don't think she is), I'm sure she did so.

There's a perfectly good chance she is doing this for the reasons stated. However, she also has a past history of being a narcissist (and yes, is very insecure from both her own statements in the past and actions (Billy Bob Thornton, anyone?), despite her looks and admirers), so I can't put it past her to use this diagnosis to put a positive spin on the cosmetic aspect either.

Apparently, CANCER is just one of those taboo subjects, that if involved in any way, speaking even slightly against someone who has it (or in this case, MAY eventually get it), is just too reprehensible to fathom.

I do apologize if my opinion of her motivations seems insensitive to the issue of cancer in general. I have nothing but the deepest respect for those who actually have to face and deal with this disease. My issue here is more with the person, not the procedure or those who otherwise elect to have it. After doing a little more research on it, it is a pretty invasive procedure, so although I don't care for the woman, I do hope she is doing it for the RIGHT reasons.
edit on 15-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Play the ball and not the player people. In other words keep the topic TO the topic and ATS members aren't the topic.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Seriously? What's CFR? Ohh Jumpin Jesus... Anyway you know she signed with the devil when she started being a mouthpiece for the CFR. What a beautiful human being. NOT.

To be completely honest I could care less if she gets breast cancer, and many people here will try to bull# and pretend to care about this person.

In reality there is already a cure for cancer.. Vitamin B17. It's banned by the FDA. Gee I wonder why? Something about making billions upon billions of dollars by just "treating" diseases, instead of actually curing them, is more beneficial for profit growth to the Pharm Cartel. It really is disgusting and pure evil. But so are a lot of things we put up with daily.

Sadly people will still trust Modern Medicine and distrust nature, another classic example of how everything is turned upside down in this world.

But to what the OP was saying... transhumanism is very REAL and it's becoming a part of our reality. You see it a lot in advertising now. Just more and more flith... including Jolie, I'm not going to be one of these guys and say she deserves it, but anyone who backs up the CFR has karma coming eventually.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
In 30 years, gene therapy (and more direct techniques) of this sort will be common.

We're learning too much about genetics for it to stop now. It'll just keep going.

Change happens. We get old and fall behind and don't understand it.
edit on 15-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

I don't Believe it..

Why,. . Because if there was a cure people would be spending their entire life saving for it.

And then again, .. There are those who have plenty of Money. So why do they continue to die of Cancer. . . . . . Because there is NO CURE as of yet.

Show me some clinical proof. Something available to EVERYONE.

And Vitamin B17 Don't get it. You might as well forget that one.
edit on 15-5-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
i wouldn't doubt the most powerful and wealthy people in the world have access to treatments the general public have no clue about. i also wouldn't doubt 98% of celebrities are considered the "general public" in this regard. her mother died relatively young of cancer and i think her doctors just caught the genetic risk factors so she decided to take care of it sooner rather than later. according to an article I read about Jolie she still has a 50% risk of getting ovarian cancer.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Yup, her mother, grandmother. Obviously if you cared about human life, you might. If your mother and her mother in law both died of breast cancer..........hmmmmm

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

It's so nice of you to research vitamin b17 and understand this forums moto.

Did you even google Vitamin b17?

"Spending there whole life saving for it"

What if those people were told that the cure was illegal? And furthermore, vitamin b17 is found in apricots so price wise it wouldn't be too bad.

Here's some info on b17, and B17 is not the only natural cure for cancer, there's also hemp oil which helps reduce tumor growth.

And furthermore, you don't have to "believe" anything. I'm not trying to sell anything or make you go out and buy apricot seeds. I never understood this way of thinking, I see it all over this forum and with family and people in general. It seems like people always have to "believe" in something, they can't seem to take one view and look at it from both sides, so they take one view and "believe" in it. What's the point in all of this? It seems like you would be limiting yourself in knowledge simply because your holding yourself into one belief system.

Well anyway I've really gone off the deep end now...

www.worldwithoutcancer.org.uk...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

There is no need to even bother to research it.
It is Not about a belief system.
It is about People Power.
Illicit drugs are illegal and that does not stop people from obtaining them.
As was with B17, if there was such a cure it would be public knowledge. Believe me the internet is greater than you could imagine. And if it could be a cure there would be a STAMPEDE for it and would make the World News regardless of legality.

I have heard of Many CURES but what works for one will not work for someone else, for whatever reason.

If you have proof of clinical testing I would gladly entertain the idea.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
In a sense as having loved ones with ovarian cancer and surgery having being done on them and female it something to think of. As well as losing a loved one due to ovarian cancer, while we are not DNA related due adoption, it does not dismiss concern of what if. There's the alternative path which I'd sure take, as I do now with health and eating, but all depends on what can be done and how soon.

Perhaps the once "narcissist" Jolie is thinking of a bigger picture now, her family. Perhaps there's the issue that if he mother was monitored or in prevention earlier that she could be alive today and to be with her grandchildren. With waiting a while after her mother's passing, possibly wanting her children to be a bit older and or if she was done carrying a child, before she decided on the surgery.
edit on 15-5-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

considering the backroom cancer treatments the elite are hoarding from everyone.

Where did you get this information?

If you haven't noticed lately there are allot of actors and actresses dying of Cancer. I guess their "Backroom" must be broke down.

Go onto the IMDB website and look at some of the bios of those who have passed. It is quite alarming how many of those have died from Cancer.

She had a gene that many girls have, basically, it tells you that you have an 80% chance of getting ovarian or breast cancer. (I do believe if memory serves correct.)

There was a set of three sisters that also had the gene, 2 opted for surgery and the other not... The last one developed ovarian cancer that's going to kill her.

Forgive me, I thought you were just being sarcastic in your op.

You don't really believe...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Hi Bo

Thank You for bringing this up because it looks like EVERYONE seems to have missed it.
Look where I was quoting the OP. Completely disregard the graphic and you will see.

"Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
considering the backroom cancer treatments the elite are hoarding from everyone"

Now put my answer to it. .. . . .. ..

"Where did you get this information?

If you haven't noticed lately there are allot of actors and actresses dying of Cancer. I guess their "Backroom" must be broke down.

Go onto the IMDB website and look at some of the bios of those who have passed. It is quite alarming how many of those have died from Cancer. "

I have NO Clue how the hell that graphic got in there but it seems to have blinded EVERYONE because it looks like I was Questioning the OP.

Ya know, . .. I was wondering why there where so many comments about that.

I hope that helped.
edit on 15-5-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

There was a set of three sisters that also had the gene, 2 opted for surgery and the other not... The last one developed ovarian cancer that's going to kill her.

I came across the below, more than likely what you're referring to... Angelina made a lifestyle choice - an extreme, yet a well informed one.

couriermail.com

... three sisters tested positive for BRCA2, a gene disorder that brings an 80 per cent risk of developing breast or ovarian cancer.

... Eldest sister Chrissy Keepence and middle sister Veronica Neave both acted quickly to have hysterectomies and their breasts removed. But Elisha, only 30 at the time, decided to wait to have more children - a decision that will cost her life.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

If you want to lower your cancer risk then you need to amend your diet to a much healthier one. Surgery is an absolute last resort. There's plenty of evidence that points to an alkaline body being an impossible environment for cancer to grow in. It's pretty happy in an acid one. People who have actually had cancer have combated it through a diet change rather than having surgery,chemo (urgh) and radiation (I mean really, who thought radiation was good for anyone - see Chernobyl/Fukushima).

It is madness to elect for surgery to remove healthy bits of your body. It makes you wonder if she's going to have her kids tested and have their breasts removed too. And what about the boys? should they have their testicles removed? Ooh ooh, and their prostates, seems that's a big cancer killer for men. Should we all have our appendix out because they do go bad sometimes for some people?

She's a CFR puppet (and a muppet). If she's bothered about her health then she shouldn't be injecting botulism into her brow and god knows what crap into her lips. Silly silly woman that she is. That said though, it's her body and she can do what she likes with it. But for goodness sake, do it quietly and stop bothering the world with your crackpot ideas.

It's going to be fascinating (and no doubt horrifying) to see how this bandwagon rolls.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Just thought, the 'Agenda' being pushed on this case could be that we should genetically modify babies so that they don't have to have their boobies removed, instead we should remove their faulty genes.

Yes, my virtual fiat money is on that one.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Or maybe something as simple as the fact she wanted a boobjob and so people wouldn't take the piss she went for the sympathy card.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Looking at all sides of this and going straight to the dispute...
Also, that thinking if she did it for breast implants, because she could get a breast lift if needed anyway- is off course if anything, sadly if she's talked into or intentional in action, it's likely to be for other interests such as; the BRCA 1 and BRCA2 gene patents.

The U.S. Supreme Court is about to decide whether a private company can own a part of your body.

Currently, a company called Myriad Genetics “owns” two genes known as BRCA 1 and BRCA2 –or Breast Cancer 1 and Breast Cancer 2. Women with certain mutations in these genes have a strong chance of getting breast or ovarian cancer.

This has very dangerous implications for women’s health, and it’s illegal. The ACLU has filed a lawsuit challenging the validity of these gene patents. On April 15, 2013, the ACLU argued the case before the U.S. Supreme Court. We expect a decision this summer.
Source

edit on 16-5-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I cant help but feel many are celebrity sheep fans.

Many women do this - if you have to you would too.

No big deal she wants to live longer and her family have certain illnesses and diseases she has to find a way around it.

No you wouldnt give it two seconds thought. Lose a few limbs or bodily bits and live much longer, or risk death.

Why are folk obsessing over this?/

You are all falling into the trap of just worshipping celebrities. When other women do this they simply get ignored.
edit on 16-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I dont know why this is such big news?

My mother had the gene test done about 12 years ago and was found to have an 87% chance of developing breast cancer and cancer of the womb, without a second thought she opted to have a double mastectomy and a hysterectomy. It was an easy choice for her as my grandmother died at 37 of breast cancer and my mother also had aunties die due to cancer.

My mum didnt have to pay for any of this, was all done on the NHS.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Is it a coincidence that on a conspiracy site 23andMe's banner is the first one I see just by chance this morning within 20 minutes of seeing the Jolie headline? You tell me.

NOTE: If you log out, you might see that banner ad too.

---------------------------------

I assure you my friend, you need some knowledge dropping on how the internet, and google in particular works. It is called analytics and google adsense. there is even a little box in the ad you can click that fully explains this magical mystery.. If you search something via google, you will see ads on other sites relating to your previous searches. There's no coincidence, other than you happened to use the internet again after searching for that particular 23andme subject... Jeez... For such a self proclaimed internet researcher you sure are pretty ignorant of how the internet, and google in particular, functions.
edit on 16-5-2013 by truthseeker2113 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2013 by truthseeker2113 because: added quote

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join