It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention Ontario Lawn mower owners, there is a new tax on Lawn mower wheels I do believe.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Howdy all you cantankerous sons of bitches:-) Like minds think alike no?

Anyways besides the car tire tax and the newer tractor tire tax I just found out today that there is now a tax on Lawn mower wheels of all things.

Our lawn mower/ snow-blower mechanic whom owns the biggest repair/ dealership in our city of 78k was just over for a visit.

He is also a friend so what I relate here is not fact but hearsay but I can tell you it is fact in our opinion.

On certain brands of lawn mower wheels there is now a environmental/disposal tax of $5.80 per wheel on certain tires.......

Now he tells me for right now it is only certain brands that are charging this fee and weekly he is seeing more and more of them doing the same.

So now when you buy certain mowers your going to pay $24.00 more for that mower before they even put the tax on it......bastards.

If you are in need of replacement wheels for your mower well then things get real nasty.....$24.00 in tax for four new wheels, then the cost of the wheels...at about $10.00 each and then put the tax on that too...

We have got to get rid of these %%$$##@@ Liberals once and for all.

I am rooting for an NDP call for a vote, so are our farmer friends as well.......

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 11-5-2013 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

The people of this country aren't too bright in elections

They vote liberals, and if that doesnt' work... they just flip to the PCs... and back and forth we go...

And even if the NDP ever win an election, they'll just get blamed for all the crap the previous party created...

And in four years time, back to the old back and forth

I mean we had that dalton mcguinty in power for years, ripping off the public with scandal after scandal... and they voted him back in :bnghd:

Morons!

Hopeless.... :shk:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Toronto voted him back in and the rest of the Province had no say in the matter.

Our city is one of two that were recipients of the Gas plants that he was ordered not to build in the GTA area....

He should be in prison right this moment.
Thanks for posting in my rant:-)
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Just stop mowing your lawn.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
reply to post by Akragon

Toronto voted him back in and the rest of the Province had no say in the matter.

Our city is one of two that were recipients of the Gas plants that he was ordered not to build in the GTA area....

Regards, Iwinder

prison... I say he should be lynched! Lol

jkjk

Seriously though... after that Ehealth scandal... We spend a billion dollars mostly on consultants... and 13% of the job gets done?

Geez.... I wonder where the money went?

give me a billion dollars, and I could get more then 13% done solo...

God I hate government!!

edit on 11-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abstruse

And then you'll get fined for not keeping YOUR property up to THEIR standards.

Peace

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

That is your words of wisdom???? I was hoping for some outrage or at least sympathy.

Alas I am in the Rant forum and you too can rant away.

If I stop cutting my lawn the city will do it and bill me over $400.00 for one hours work, that is a fact.

Thanks for your joining the old cantankerous club here in the rant forum.

Regards, iwinder

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by Iwinder
reply to post by Akragon

Regards, Iwinder

prison... I say he should be lynched! Lol

jkjk

Seriously though... after that Ehealth scandal... We spend a billion dollars mostly on consultants... and 13% of the job gets done?

Geez.... I wonder where the money went?

give me a billion dollars, and I could get more then 13% done solo...

God I hate government!!

edit on 11-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Agreed and I guess the E-Health thing is a bigger deal but you must understand that in the very near future I need Four new wheels for my lawn mower and it is going to cost me almost $100.00 now.

It is never going to stop......license tags just went up, Hydro just went up, farmers are getting the sheet kicked out of them......on and on we go.

A select few are being paid well just to introduce new taxes to increase their pay and Pensions which we peons have no say in.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
NDP?

Really?

Think taxes are high now, just wait.

Look at the liars, thieves, crooks we have in Manitoba.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
NDP?

Really?

Think taxes are high now, just wait.

Look at the liars, thieves, crooks we have in Manitoba.

I will gladly trade you one very corrupt Ontario Liberal gov for your NDP thieves and crooks from Manitoba.:-)

Thanks for your post.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Peace

Yep, that happens in the UK too.

Hi Iwinder.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Peace

Yep, that happens in the UK too.

Hi Iwinder.

Glad to hear it is not just Canada where the property police do what they want when they want.

Thanks for adding to my rant.

On a side note Hey Void:-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I'd love to. Not only is the Premier a lying crook, the mayor of Winnipeg is a lying, thieving, corrupt POS.

Will you take him too?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Iwinder

I'd love to. Not only is the Premier a lying crook, the mayor of Winnipeg is a lying, thieving, corrupt POS.

Will you take him too?

Laughing my head off here, you can keep your mayor as we like ours here very much......mind you our city is much much smaller than Winnipeg.

But the first trade stands if you are interested lets get down to the details and I will get quotes on old rickety school buses to ship the arseholes from there to here and from here to there.

I might be persuaded to exchange Mayors if you want to toss in every Guess Who album ever made and in mint condition on 33's.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I will even throw some rye bread in the bus with Greg Selinger to give to you when he gets there.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I will even throw some rye bread in the bus with Greg Selinger to give to you when he gets there.

LOL but before we trade you might want to invest in about 1 million lawn mower wheels as you will make a killing.....
wait a minute that is insider trading no? but yes that is what these idiots do that I am shipping to you via the oldest and scariest buses I can find.

Yep buy wheels then you to can have a golden pension with platinum perks. :-)

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Peace

That is how it works, charge you more for what you are already doing, but if it costs too much because of their charges they will do it and charge you even more.....

That post of mine just made me dizzy.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Greg Scamminger and the Manitoba NDP are on their way. Since we are stuck in the 1800's here, they will be making their way by native guides, horse drawn carriages, canoe, and hiking,

That bread will weigh a ton in old Scamminger's back pack.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It's just another useless redundant tax from a government that is useless and redundant... tax, tax, more tax, stupid laws.... redundancy is redundant.

What peeves me most is the money grab in the name of the environment and yet, what are they doing to HELP the environment. I wouldn't mind the eco fee so much on paint if they did more with it than just feed themselves lunch!

...and yet old smoke alarms aren't taken on hazard waste day. Our local firemen didn't even realize there's radioactive material in them! We got told to throw them in the regular household trash. Not much radiation in one of those... but how many people replace their alarms in Canada in one year?

I know ranting here won't change anything, but how do we change a broken system that seethes corruption?

As long as the people let the politicians get away with anything, we will be subjected to everything

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
It's just another useless redundant tax from a government that is useless and redundant... tax, tax, more tax, stupid laws.... redundancy is redundant.

What peeves me most is the money grab in the name of the environment and yet, what are they doing to HELP the environment. I wouldn't mind the eco fee so much on paint if they did more with it than just feed themselves lunch!

...and yet old smoke alarms aren't taken on hazard waste day. Our local firemen didn't even realize there's radioactive material in them! We got told to throw them in the regular household trash. Not much radiation in one of those... but how many people replace their alarms in Canada in one year?

I know ranting here won't change anything, but how do we change a broken system that seethes corruption?

As long as the people let the politicians get away with anything, we will be subjected to everything

beautiful post and many thanks for your joining the lynch mob here :-)

You got me thinking about another stupid tax, right now at this moment we are trying to sell or give away our old 32 inch sony tv. Not a thing wrong with it but if we cannot sell it or give it away then I am going to have to pay movers to take it to the recycle depot.

This thing weighs about 100 pounds and is bulky, I cannot possibly move this myself (previous hernia)....Now we just bought a new tv for 300 bucks then you add the environmental tax on that and that adds about 20% to the cost of the tv then they put tax on that as well....

Sooner or later this has to end in my opinion.
There are huge number of very very angry farmers in our area at the moment.

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join