It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention Ontario Lawn mower owners, there is a new tax on Lawn mower wheels I do believe.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Our wonderful Manitoba NDP just added a tax to all electronics. The tax is to pay for the recycling of old electronics. Problem is, there is NO electronics recycling facility in Manitoba. It is just another NDP tax grab.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
reply to post by Iwinder

Our wonderful Manitoba NDP just added a tax to all electronics. The tax is to pay for the recycling of old electronics. Problem is, there is NO electronics recycling facility in Manitoba. It is just another NDP tax grab.

Same for us here, our recycle depot is actually a business that scavenges the precious metals etc, I am willing to bet once they get to good stuff out the rest goes to the dump anyways...

In our city at least we cannot even throw out a cordless phone, if you try to and they discover it in your garbage they will leave all your garbage at the curb..

It has gotten so bad that starting last year the city hired students to actually go through peoples garbage and called it an audit.

Boy did the turds hit the fan over that one, I doubt they will try it again this year lest they get voted out.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

My brother-in-law recycles electronics. He melts parts for the gold, and copper. They should be buying back the electronics for the resources still in them!

Here's a link on how to salvage precious metals out of old electronics

Wish I had the time to do this!!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
reply to post by TFCJay

My brother-in-law recycles electronics. He melts parts for the gold, and copper. They should be buying back the electronics for the resources still in them!

Here's a link on how to salvage precious metals out of old electronics

Wish I had the time to do this!!

Thanks for that very interesting link lots of information to be found there.

They should be buying back the electronics for the resources still in them!

I could not agree more with the above quote. We pay environmental tax on tvs, now our situation looks like its going to be movers to get our old set to a place that makes a tidy profit off of us.......One would think the environmental tax means that when your set is dead they will take it for free?

In a way they do but if you have a heavy set, no transportation etc well then you are stuck with it.

regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I think Lawn Mowers ae going o be a thing of the past in GTA... 90% of all of the houses build barely have any backyard and front yard is small as well, wel atleast the grass area.

The new houses have the backyard in the size of a small room. I use the manual rolling clipper now. takes me 35 mins to get the front and the backyard done.

Any government other than the Conservatories for me will do. Harper government is anti youth! he wants 65 yrs old to have a job but not 25 yrs olds.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join