It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever seen something strange on a baby monitor? Please share your stories.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Baby monitors, at least the kind with video, use "night vision" technology to help us keep in eye on our sleeping little ones. This same technology is sometimes used in ghost hunting to capture supposed spiritual energy that we cannot see with the naked eye. Some people believe that infants and young children are more likely to attract paranormal phenomena. So it makes sense (if you believe the previous two statements) that parents of young children might see or hear paranormal activity on their baby monitors.

I try to be an open-minded skeptic. I am not entirely convinced that orbs ever represent anything more than dust, insects, lens issues, or other explainable causes... however, I am also open to the idea that it is possible that orbs can sometimes be some sort of paranormal energy. I've seen things on the baby monitor that have made me wonder just what, exactly, I was looking at.

I've noticed in my daughter's room, on at least two dozen occasions, the appearance of orbs on her monitor. Last night, there was one that slowly floated across the screen and seemed to almost flash or pulsate. The windows were shut, there was no fan on, no AC or heat. She had been asleep and not moving (as far as I know) for several hours. She didn't appear to stir before or after the "orb" showed up. I just happened to glance at the monitor (don't know why) and saw the "orb" slowly go by. The way it was pulsating was strange. Does that make it more likely that it was a bug? (We have a fairly clean house, I haven't seen any flying insects inside our house... well, ever. But maybe there was a tiny one that floated by last night, too small to notice without the camera?)

For whatever it's worth, I've never seen orbs in my son's room. My daughter is also more likely to have orbs around her in pictures.

I have also, on very rare occasions, heard voices on the monitors. I have never been able to decipher any words. But baby monitors are well known for picking up stray signals and even neighboring baby monitors. So I've never thought the voices through the monitor were paranormal, and I still don't.

Of course, most of us aren't recording a live feed of our baby monitors... so most of these "ghostly" experiences are just stories without any supporting video evidence. I did find this interesting video on youtube, though, of an orb visiting a sleeping baby. To be clear, this is not my video - I have no idea who these people are, but the video is interesting. (And sort of funny as it seems the father/guy is playing a video game in the background while the mom is filming this strange orb that, evidently, regularly visits.) The way the orb moves is pretty interesting. Could it be a hoax? Sure... but they only have a few hundred hits on you tube, and it just doesn't have a hoax-like feel to it.

I'm curious to hear what paranormal experts here know about a pulsating orb - if it is more likely to be an insect or dust than other kinds of orbs. Any thoughts on that? I also want to hear what you all think of the above video.

Last, but not least.... To all you parents out there that use or have used a baby monitor -- Have you ever seen something creepy, strange, ghostly, or just unexplainable on your baby monitors? Please share! Thanks!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Very interesting, I noticed at 2.30 a second object closer to the camera seems to move in sync with the original orb.
It moves like a reflection of some sort, exactly following the same movements as the orb, then when she tells him to go in you see the orb quickly move away as well as the second object. Just my observation but I have no explanation yet. Seems fishy but who knows.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
My partner eveshi put a little hat on my sister's baby monitor. Boy, was she ticked off too!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forests
My partner eveshi put a little hat on my sister's baby monitor. Boy, was she ticked off too!

OK, that made me laugh harder than it should have. I guess that qualifies as something strange on the baby monitor.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

MMnn, let me think, "have i ever seen something strange on a baby monitor?".. Well, i havnt, but i know a guy who did. See, theres this film callled signs, you,ve possibly heard about it, maybe not., this bloke called mel gibson, did actually see weird stuff on the monitor, it was well creepy.

Sorry, that was naughty and sarcastic, but c,mon OP it was only a matter of time before one of the tinfoil hat brigade brought it up.

Your OP was still very interesting, s and f to make up for my naughtiness.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
reply to post by VegHead

MMnn, let me think, "have i ever seen something strange on a baby monitor?".. Well, i havnt, but i know a guy who did. See, theres this film callled signs, you,ve possibly heard about it, maybe not., this bloke called mel gibson, did actually see weird stuff on the monitor, it was well creepy.

Sorry, that was naughty and sarcastic, but c,mon OP it was only a matter of time before one of the tinfoil hat brigade brought it up.

Your OP was still very interesting, s and f to make up for my naughtiness.

Haha! You know, I have seen that movie but I think I must've blocked it out because I don't even remember the baby monitor part of it. I think after my disappointment in watching The Village, my brain blocked out all memories of M. Night Shyamalan movies. And now... here I am unintentionally channeling one if his plot points on ATS. *sigh* "What a TWIST!!"

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Yeah "the village" was quite hard work. But Signs is awesome, unique. Alien invasion from the point of view of an ordinary family. Special film.
(especially because it gave us ufo geeks our uniform.) well hat anyway.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forests

Originally posted by VegHead
OK, that made me laugh harder than it should have. I guess that qualifies as something strange on the baby monitor.

Oh you mean like a nanny? We would wait until my sister's baby nanny was drink and we tie her hair in bows using condoms. Really. We love her so hard.

Here to help in any way.

Darryl Forests

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Orbs are round so I doubt it was an insect. Very interesting video you posted. I take it's similar to what you have witnessed? I have no idea what it means, if it is a spirit watching over your child or what, but intriguing none the less.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
While I have never "seen" anything on a baby monitor, I have heard weird voices/noises on those.

When my daughter was a baby (2 months old max), I was sitting in the living room during her afternoon nap (alone at home with the little one). When I suddenly heard a very soothing but disturbing "Shhhh! Shhhhh!" like trying to calm her down (there was NO sound before that).

Obviously I headed to her room to investigate, there was, of course, no one there but....she had been flipped around (head to toe)...any parent knows that at that age, babies aren't strong enough to move that much! Needless to say that this freaked me out

The next half hour or so was worst for me though, from openning doors to shower starting by itself....over and over.......That was over 10 years ago but this is something I will likely never forget. It all started with that sound on the monitor!!!!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
Orbs are round so I doubt it was an insect. Very interesting video you posted. I take it's similar to what you have witnessed? I have no idea what it means, if it is a spirit watching over your child or what, but intriguing none the less.

My husband tells me it was definitely not an insect. I have seen orbs before on the monitor in my daughter's room, but this one really seemed different and inspired me to write this post. The thing that was strange about this one was how slowly it moved, very "deliberately" if I can impose that kind of word on it. And the fact that it was pulsating was very very strange - I had never seen anything like that before. It wasn't completely flashing on and off, but pulsating brighter then dimmer then repeating.

These monitors, they are such low quality cameras... it isn't hard to imagine that they creating "anomalies" just by their own low resolution crappiness. But it was still really strange... my husband, who I've never known to believe in much paranormal, thinks it was his mom. Our daughter is named after his mom, incidentally. There have been several instances where she should have gotten hurt (in normal baby/little kid shenanigans, no serious incidents) but didn't and we've always half-joked that my husband's mom is watching over her.

I do not believe our house is haunted. No indications of that, and it's a newer home - we are the second owners. If this is a spirit, it seems more connected to our daughter than to the house itself.

Do you know if there is any significance to the fact that this orb was pulsating? Does that make it more or less likely to be something non-spiritual?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teye22
While I have never "seen" anything on a baby monitor, I have heard weird voices/noises on those.

When my daughter was a baby (2 months old max), I was sitting in the living room during her afternoon nap (alone at home with the little one). When I suddenly heard a very soothing but disturbing "Shhhh! Shhhhh!" like trying to calm her down (there was NO sound before that).

Obviously I headed to her room to investigate, there was, of course, no one there but....she had been flipped around (head to toe)...any parent knows that at that age, babies aren't strong enough to move that much! Needless to say that this freaked me out

The next half hour or so was worst for me though, from openning doors to shower starting by itself....over and over.......That was over 10 years ago but this is something I will likely never forget. It all started with that sound on the monitor!!!!

That is terrifying! I could say that "shhh shhh" you heard was explainable - maybe radio interference or even picking up a neighbor's monitor -- but that your baby was turned around and the poltergeist activity that followed is insane. It sounds like an episode of the twilight zone. Were you home alone with the baby at the time?

I would have moved. Literally would have plunked down a For Sale sign in the yard that afternoon, packed up, and left. I don't think I handle "creepy" too well.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Its weird but the Shhh was like it was in a certain beat....like humming a song, Coulnd tell you wich one but I would recognize it I heard it again. And yes I was alone in the house at the time with the baby, we moved not too long after. It was my in-laws house btw.

Things like this have happenned to me for many years but not as much lately.

Not to derail this thread but, for anyone who is interested, I have posted most of my stories on Sled's thread starting P84. There are many other stories on there as well that I find are worth a read.
edit on 7-5-2013 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

I tried to do a quick search of pulsating orbs, but all I got was stuff on UFO's. Your orb seems to be harmless, so maybe it is your mother in law. Who knows?

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
That last part it looked like it gone through a doll and back around the crib and soon as the baby got restless again and crying the orb sped right up towards her again and kind of backtracked over it's own path. If you watch it closely you will see what I mean. That was quite unusual movement then it followed back off the camera's sight in the same exact spot it did last time. It's obviously not a bug or dust cause it went through the doll and wall partially. It acts and moves intelligently. Also, I noticed that towards the end as it hovered there as though it was facing the baby the very center of the orb got brighter.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
OP not sure what you saw, but if it was me and something I questioned was near my daughter? no one messes with my kid. Not a ghost, an insect or a Bear with out facing me!
I would be in that room pronto! Too many people speculate! To many people have fear of their own imagination.
I can only say if a ghost ever came to my home it would be in trouble if it did not identify itself. I would hate to catch an orb in a bottle and shake the Sh@t out of it to then find out it was only grandma checking on her great grand daughter!

Sometimes people just have to get mean, or protective. Then you will find out it nothing significant.
edit on 8-5-2013 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Deny orbs near your daughter. Other posters! Orbs can be any size not just circles [jerks].

Darryl Forests

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Source: Llewellyn Worldwide - Articles: Ghostly Orbs
"Ghost Orbs
Before any definition can be put forth, it must be noted that we only see what we believe exists as part of our reality. Discarnate energies retain their emotions, personalities, and intelligence. Their life force (soul) extends beyond death and is capable of manifesting as a ghost orb. Orbs require less energy than full-bodied ghosts, enabling them to exist more easily in our dimensional frequency. At times they are able to appear denser or larger and they can manifest as a partial or full apparition.
Ghost orbs display an inner substance, and, very often in photographs, a nucleus is visible. They also present a thicker outer layer or ring. They may also display an electromagnetic glow around them. Sometimes they appear less spherical in shape given their density and composition and appear a little lopsided. We have a photograph of one that looks like a giant black-eyed pea.

Spirit Orbs
Everything that exists does so due to vibrations. The universe as we know and understand it is an expression of visible and invisible pulsations of light energy. When this light energy emerges from another dimension, it slows down and the resulting frequencies determine how that light energy appears. This affects the color of every energy form we see, including orbs.
These unique electromagnetic orbs are known as spirit orbs. These orbs are discarnate souls that have transformed to lighter, higher frequencies, not feeling the need or desire to continue to manifest in our realm of existence. They do, however, come back and forth to check on people to whom they are connected.
Spirit orbs are loved ones who have passed over. Family, friends, and even spirit guides can and do appear in this form. If you have seen or photographed a colorful orb in your home or on your property, it very well could be a loved one who dropped in to say hello. If you will ask telepathically to be shown who it is, you will immediately get a sense of the person who has paid you a visit.
Spirit orbs manifest in many colors and varying sizes. Some are extremely large and others are very small. Their size is determined by how much energy they emit, while their colors are determined by the vibration of their unique electromagnetic fields."

Oracle orbs are often photographed visiting the home of expectant parents before a birth, signaling the return of an encapsulated soul into a new incarnation. They visit loved ones who are preparing for the transformation of death. They are also present at times when a life crisis looms on the horizon and during times of extreme chaos. They appear in photographs at weddings, funerals, family reunions, almost anywhere they are needed. They are soul contacts, soul mates, and as avatars they are imbued with special attributes. These special qualities enable them to carry out their missions. If you have photographed an oracle orb, treasure your picture, for you have most certainly received a spiritual message.
On the same property where we captured our interactive spirit orb, I also photographed an extremely large oracle orb. There appears within the orb a man who is kneeling down or, as some have suggested, sitting on a horse. He is surrounded by spirit orbs: radiant pink, robin's egg blue, and green, as well as many that are less colorful but just as plentiful.
Orbs, in all their varying degrees of energy, offer us a new perspective on spirituality, encouraging us to open our senses to new dimensions of reality and prepare for global shifts of vibrational frequencies.
Capturing orbs on film during an investigation is extremely important, even though they are becoming rather commonplace. Never discount their spiritual value when reviewing and assessing your photographs. They can point you to interesting areas of activity as well as unexplored depths of your own spirituality."

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I couldn't fit all the information in a text box so I just had to post it like that.

There is much, much more information on the source page that tells about different types of orbs. I couldn't post all of it, but maybe what I posted above will help you.

Orbs can be anything from our spirit guide to a visiting family member watching over us. Unless things start getting "hairy", I wouldn't worry about this orb. It is probably there to protect your baby.

But... if you start experiencing things like TEye22.........PACK YOUR BAGS AND RUN!!!

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you, TEye22 for the positive mention of my thread.
(Everyone needs to read that story, if you like the paranormal).

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Sure thing Sled!!!

Always a pleasure!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join