It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change causes prostitution? I’ve heard it all now!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

Pretty odd, is AL GORE going to make a little prostitute
hokey stick chart now to show us this rise in women of the night??

Exactly!

I can see it going something like this:

As you can see by the rise in prostitution in Red, we’re reaching a critical level. I’ve asked Bill Clinton to join me in addressing this tragic issue we face. Together we will make sure these women can support themselves.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic

WTF are you talking about? What does that even have to do with the resolution? Oh, right - the sex part of it. Well, if you want to rail against someone trying to help a populace that is being negatively affected right now, as in, it's a reality, I really can't help you. It's just sad that you cherry pick and sensationalize things like this when there are many more important issues to spend effort on.

interesting you say that. people have hit on it because it was a ridiculous thing to put forth. they are trying to help the populace that is negatively effected right now? how about a little thing like JOB creation? like working to bring a lot of "outsourced" things like manufacturing back.
that would certainly help the "negatively effected populace we have right now" i would think.

too bad the government "cherry picks and sensationalizes things like this when there are many more important issues to spend effort on", REAL issues unlike this bogus "man made global warming" scare they seem to like pushing at the moment. there are many MUCH more important things to concentrate on then wasting time, effort and money on this HOAX backed by bad science. let them concentrate on the real stuff and leave fiction alone.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Well, if you want to rail against someone trying to help a populace that is being negatively affected right now, as in, it's a reality

Try not to get to hostile, but from what I read in that LA Times story.....The "right now" thing you are talking about seems to be handled as something that has yet to happen, judging by the terms "will become", "will force" and "loom" that are used.

The document’s purpose is to call attention to the ways that women are vulnerable to climate change. In poor and developing countries, it will become more difficult for women to grow and collect food and water for their families. Natural disasters fueled by climate change will force many women and children to become refugees. Malaria and other epidemics loom.

They seem to think that it hasn't happened yet.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
And Obama says

"Bill, let me smell yo fingers boy!! What I tell you about using your carbon tax allowance on whores?"

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

It's just sad that you cherry pick and sensationalize things like this when there are many more important issues to spend effort on.

So you call drawing attention to a ridiculous waste of congressional time “cherry picking”?? I call that exposing idiots!

Like I said, how about they DO ACTUAL WORK that will benefit their constituents NOW rather than chasing unicorns???

There is no global warming...you can drop that charade because nobody is buying it anymore.

I’m tired of paying for this bullspit!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Seems disingenuous for Rep Lee to harp on the *chance* of economic problems arising from "climate change" and the impact on women's incomes and such when she has been one of the staunchest increase taxes, increase spending, damn the debt, mandatory health insurance purchase, grant amnesty to illegals, and increase foreign aid imbeciles responsible for bankrupting America over the past 5 years.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the woman's voting record clearly demonstrates she's completely unqualified to be in DC all by itself... idiotic statements like "Global warming equals more hookers" is just flaunting the dumb.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Seems disingenuous for Rep Lee to harp on the *chance* of economic problems arising from "climate change" and the impact on women's incomes and such when she has been one of the staunchest increase taxes, increase spending, damn the debt, mandatory health insurance purchase, grant amnesty to illegals, and increase foreign aid imbeciles responsible for bankrupting America over the past 5 years.

This was a slight display of hypocrisy, no?

There is so much wrong with this situation I figured I’d throw it out there to the wolves and let the pack tear into it.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the woman's voting record clearly demonstrates she's completely unqualified to be in DC all by itself... idiotic statements like "Global warming equals more hookers" is just flaunting the dumb.

Definitely one of the dumbest things I’ve heard in a long time. The recent examples that may be dumber are Pelosi:

And of course Joe Biden:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Climate change causes prostitution?

Was this front page news?

Scandalous!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The resolution was introduced to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce with 11 Democratic co-sponsors, including Lois Capps, Michael Honda and Jackie Speier of California, Keith Ellison and Betty McCollum of Minnesota, Steve Israel and Carolyn B. Maloney of New York, Raul Grijalva of Arizona, Henry C. Johnson of Georgia, Janice Schakowsky of Illinois and Donna Christensen of the Virgin Islands.

Do they really not know that 'green legislation' has put millions out of work?

Climate change doesn't 'cause' prostitution idiotic congressman do.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by seabag

Climate change causes prostitution?

Was this front page news?

Scandalous!

Of course not!!

We all know the front page is reserved for over sensationalized gun violence stories!!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Assuming economic decline leads to an increase in prostitutes, and assuming climate change - whether or not anthropogenically induced (and let's be clear here, many human activities affect the climate - so we're not just taking about carbon emission derived global warming) then yes, it could, sort of, be argued that, indirectly, climate change might cause an increase in prostitution.

But so would a banking collapse. Or war. Or an eruption of Yellowstone.

Of course, the economic decline would also mean less and less men able to afford prostitutes.

So the real long term effect is that climate change would cause prostitutes to be unemployed ......!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

So the real long term effect is that climate change would cause prostitutes to be unemployed ......!

You gave me an idea!

If they just change the legislation to read “Climate change will lead to all humans getting less sex” then they might be able to revive their failed UN power grabbing scheme commonly referred to as Global Warming!

Shhhh....don't tell them!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Carbon Prostitute Credits

Next big story in the LA Times!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
all women are technically prostitutes in some way...

I mean... It always cost something to get in like flynn....
whether it be a drink, or a ring.....

Edit to say some women do it for cheeseburgers......"McHooker"

source
edit on 6-5-2013 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2013 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

NO

All Politiicians/congressman are.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
Edit to say some women do it for cheeseburgers......

...and some just do it for love. Seriously man, jokes are one thing, but in a situation like this, where we have stupid little nanny crusader lawmakers jerking us all around over a goddamned theory which puts more money into the elite leftists pockets than possibly any previous wealth redistribution scheme in history, jokes are inappropriate. ESPECIALLY devisive jokes such as "all women are essentially prostitutes."

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

...and some just do it for love. Seriously man, jokes are one thing, but in a situation like this, where we have stupid little nanny crusader lawmakers jerking us all around over a goddamned theory which puts more money into the elite leftists pockets than possibly any previous wealth redistribution scheme in history, jokes are inappropriate. ESPECIALLY devisive jokes such as "all women are essentially prostitutes."

oh dang man... didn't realize this thread was that serious.
My bad. Should have read the entire thing...
Slap on the hand for failing to 'deny ignorance'

my bad.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

oh dang man... didn't realize this thread was that serious.
My bad. Should have read the entire thing...
Slap on the hand for failing to 'deny ignorance'

my bad.

I get it.
I knew a girl that thought it was okay to have sex with an old man for a pack of cigarettes.....
but if some other girl accepted money for sex, well she would have called her a hooker.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

meth heads man.....
efffin meth heads..

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by resoe26

NO

All Politiicians/congressman are.

Prostitution is a business. Not much different from politics except that the price of being screwed is known in advance.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join