It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Anomaly - Possibly Presenting Features of Intelligent Design

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
In continuing the search of Mars Rover Curiosity Sol day 120, I have found another very interesting anomaly. It is certainly more complex than the anomaly of my last OP here. This object, because of its symmetrical "oval egg shape", tends to look anomalous. It does has five different visible features that appear to be of intelligent design.

While a lower part of this anomaly is hidden behind rock and sand, the other 80% prox is viewed relatively easily.

This anomaly has an elongated feature mounted on its top, stretching to our left in the image. The elongation does seem to be "perfectly" rectangular, and has a larger rectangular feature on its end.

Please notice a point of interest - the shadow below the elongation does nor match with the elongation. This will be stretching it a bit, but the shadow looks somewhat in the shape of a humanoid, having a body, neck, head, and even something out-streached from the body part of the shadow (no humanoid seen in the image either)????

It certainly is open for discussion for what this anomaly could possibly be. No way that I am aware of to know the actual size of this anomaly. Is it the size of a hand grenade? A bread box? A cannon? A missile launcher? etc! (Maybe not very large?) Just dunno!

It is right here to see in the Curiosity photos! This was taken by Rover Curiosity on Sol day 120. Again, i am providing links to the raw image photo, a link to the PIA16700 panorama image, and screenshots from each. I have marked the raw image to point out the specific points of interest. The results of both images are indicative of intelligent design, in my untechnical opinion.

Again, what do you see in these images, and what are your thoughts??

Link to Photo Journal Panorama: photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

Link to Curiosity raw image photo: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 4-5-2013 by rdunk because: Correct raw image link

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I see nothing but a ROCK!

Seriously no offense but it's a rock. I"m all for Mars anomalies but this is a rock. I see nothing special or extraordinary about this rock.

What you see is lighting differences so it makes you think you see something anomalous when it really isn't.

I see nothing of intelligent design just normal rock erosion.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
No disrespect but it looks like a statue of someone covering Kermit the frogs eyes.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rdunk

It is kind of amazing to see a photograph, vs the real thing. A photograph is only a 2D representation of what is there.
If we had more than one view, I would be happy to look at them. As it stands right now, you are showing a rock. Nothing more nothing less.

To me it looks like a helicopter, not a humanoid.
Pareidolia is a wonderful thing.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Sorry, I had a wrong link to the specific Curiosity raw image containing this anomaly, that I now have corrected in the OP.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Scoff as you may, but I will be very scared when the martian helicopter men descend to the earth. Who knows what evil things they have in store for us.

The chances of anything coming from mars, are a million to one they said. And we all know how that turned out, don't we!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well, so far the "rocks" have it, but then that is not surprising, as it does have rather obvious anomalous features. Maybe others here can also see it differently over the next several days and weeks!

Thanks for your comments guys! I agree, I do wish we also had additional photos, to confirm what some of us can see in the posted screen shots. If I am fortunate enough to find more, I will post them here also!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I have some hi tech lighting in my garden that looks like rocks.

But this isn't Mars and the pics in the OP are of rocks, rocks and nothing but rocks. I am sure of this because there are no known electrical sockets on Mars except those on the rover that took these pictures.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
What I see? Common Martian rocks, not that different from Earth rocks.

I think people that search the photos from the rovers, while doing everyone else a service (thanks for that
), should also do themselves a service and learn something about geology (I know, I am assuming that you don't know geology) and how rocks are formed.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I have seen plenty of strange rocks on Mars that make you go "hm, that look wierd".

However, that'd be just a plain old rock with shadows on it.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
i have decided that this will be my standard reply to any and all mars anomaly threads.

Gorignak

edit on 5-5-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I have some rocks in my garden that look like hi tech lighting! Amazing!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The long feature indicated in the picture is illusory. It's just that there is a lighter fragment of rock between the dark rock and the camera.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I definitely agree with your comments.........to a point. These photos are full of "rocks", and this anomaly sits right in there amongst them. I would say it was a rock too, if wasn't for the fact that I see the several un-natural features that I pointed out in one of the screenshots.

I suppose some of you either must not see that stacked 3-section-part circular piece on the farside-top of the anomaly, or do not consider that to be "un-natural"? And there is a second similar circular piece on the nearside-top, but it is not quite as clearly seen, but one can see it there too. (they may be identical?)

And then there are the two different protrusions on the right end of this anomaly, which i also point out in the screenshot. The one nearest to us in the photo is clearly cylindrical, with a different size head-piece on it. We can just barely see the similar piece on the far side, but we can see it too (if not limited by computer display capability)

And then, there is the "rectangular" extension on the left end of this anomaly, that also has a slightly larger rectangular head/end that too is easily visible. It is interesting that the extended end of this feature is not touching the ground. So whatever this extension is, it is connected to the body of the anomaly. Not unnatural?

I do appreciate all of your comments thus far, even though you obviously are not seeing what i see in the photo. I guess I will see this as 'very anomalous", until we can get some type of validation for what is actually here, with better photos and/or with people there on the ground And yes, I understand that some of you will still see it as just rocks, and that is ok too.

In any case, thanks for sharing!!!
edit on 5-5-2013 by rdunk because: edit

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
What I see? Common Martian rocks, not that different from Earth rocks.

I think people that search the photos from the rovers, while doing everyone else a service (thanks for that
), should also do themselves a service and learn something about geology (I know, I am assuming that you don't know geology) and how rocks are formed.

Hi ArMaP! Thanks for the comment. FWIW, no I am not a geologist! In my opinion, being a geologist would be a limiting factor to actually seeing such anomalies as this amongst rocks. A geologist would be interested in the rocks.

As an anomaly hunter, I could care less about the rocks, as I am looking for what is different and unnatural - "unnatural" meaning "intelligent design". Being a geologist would not improve one's view for "intelligent design", in my opinion..

I have very serious doubt that "Mars rocks" grow the features I have pointed out.

Again thanks!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Very interesting rock or artifact. We'll never know from this picture alone.

The question really is; If there was an ancient Martian civilization and there well could have been. How do we look for it without invoking pareidolia (s.p.)? How do Archaeologists look for ancient civilizations without succumbing to this dreaded curse? Aren't we supposed to be looking for anomalies, artifacts and such, presenting them for review and discussing them? Isn't that how science works?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I think it's way too early to say anything conclusive about the geography at Gale Crater. I, too, have seen a lot of really strange stuff lying around in that area (not this particular formation, though) ... !

Saying it's 'just rocks' is a reflex that makes sense at first, but then again ... I wouldn't be so sure in some cases. At this point in time, the assumption of this being something else than rocks is just as legit as saying it's ventifacts, salt weathering, basalt erosion or whatever.

Apart from that, let's not forget the red martian dust cover on most of what we see on Curiosity's pics. We already had a glimpse at what lies beneath when Curiosity drove over the rocks and broke them. So yeah, it could be rocks, but some of the shapes at Rocknest, Yellowknife etc. are really weird and we would need to look at some of that more in detail to be 100% sure ...

Just my 2 cents ...

edit on 5-5-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdunk
FWIW, no I am not a geologist!

Neither am I, but I like geology and I studied it a little.

In my opinion, being a geologist would be a limiting factor to actually seeing such anomalies as this amongst rocks. A geologist would be interested in the rocks.

A geologist would be interested in the rocks and would notice if something didn't look like a rock, right?

Also, knowing how rocks are formed helps the understanding of what they may look like and to see things like (to me) three different types of rocks in the photos taken by Curiosity. When something doesn't fall in one of those three types then it gets more interesting, like the "Hugo" case.

As an anomaly hunter, I could care less about the rocks, as I am looking for what is different and unnatural - "unnatural" meaning "intelligent design". Being a geologist would not improve one's view for "intelligent design", in my opinion..

The problem is that, when you are looking for things that may look unnatural but not know what is natural and is not, how can you really do that kind of work?

I have very serious doubt that "Mars rocks" grow the features I have pointed out.

They don't have to "grow", they may what remains of the rest of the rock. Understanding how rocks are formed and what types of rocks you are looking at helps you understand how those rocks are eroded and break (one of the defining characteristics of rocks, resulting from how they were created).

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

And then, there is the "rectangular" extension on the left end of this anomaly, that also has a slightly larger rectangular head/end that too is easily visible. It is interesting that the extended end of this feature is not touching the ground. So whatever this extension is, it is connected to the body of the anomaly. Not unnatural?

That is what I am trying to point out to you, there is no 'rectangular extension' on the left hand side. There is however a light grey segment of rock half diamond shape in front of the dark rock, partially concealing the dark rock, that light grey piece of rock is also casting its own shadow and adding to the illusion. Actually the grey rock I'm talking about is really a protruding part of the dark rock that is catching the daylight, not concealing it.
edit on 5-5-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

So you could careless about how rocks are made up and how they erode? Ignorant much? Sorry but anomaly hunters like you give those of us who take it seriously a BAD name! I am a huge Mars anomaly hunter but I have yet to find anything of real interest. I use my brain and don't just think because it looks different that it must be intelligent design. I look at all angles when reviewing an image. Armap has actually helped me understand quite a few things in these pics over the years and how to identify what is and isn't anomalous. I thank him for that.

If you really cared about real anomalies you would care about the geology of rocks! It would help you identify what is natural and how the process is done. Saying you could careless is just ridiculous and shows you don't take it seriously. If you are serious you will look at ALL angles not just what you believe to be intelligent design. Being a geologist would give you a better understanding of how these rock formations can look "anomalous" to you.

Rocks don't grow, it's called weather erosion from natural conditions on the planet. The same thing happens here!

Why don't you look up some natural rock formations on Earth? Or do you think all of these are intelligent design?
18 Natural Formations that Look Man made

I am a big Mars fan and I do believe Mars has some secrets and a past but I don't believe everything I see to be something extraordinary.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join