It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania judge sentenced to 28 years in prison for selling teens to prisons

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
I have read several stories about judges and the for profit prisons working together with the complementary kick back. Everything from adult to juvenile systems. There is no punishment to great for those who break the public trust IMO.

Gotta agree with that.

I don't think justice was done in this case. This scumbag judge should have gotten life without parole. His buddies giving him the bribes should have gotten life too.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
That is great news, now let's hope that he gets a steady diet of big bubba's man meat for the next 28 years, he deserves no less.

He will most likely be protected in there and the other prisoners won't have access to him.

A paedophile magistrate here, Peter Liddy, is the only prisoner in Yatala Labour Prison who is under 24 hour monitored video surveillance to make sure he's safe.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

It is just like any other profession. Builders don't testify against other builders because of professional courtesy. Same with Mechanics. Electricians rarely badmouth other electricians work but will often cut down someone who isn't licensed.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Nice. Enjoy the hell you have bestowed upon others so graciously. I do feel like those who were bribing him should have to do a bit in one of their prisons as well.

Scumbags is an understatement. This is why we rot at the core.

Indeed. Ironic he will be living in a jail that still probably is bribing other judges.

CJ

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I hope they tear him apart.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
He deserves longer. Sending kids to jail just so he could line his pockets, it's sick. He's ruined more lives than what the moneys worth. I hope it catches up with him jail and he gets to suffer for what he has done

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Now who in the private prison sector is going to get charged for helping the judge conspire?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mnemicrsl

Good point, who was supplying the money and why exactly did they want young kids in jail for nothing?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
A fitting punishment. I hope the irony is not lost on him while he spends the days side by side with the same criminals he sentenced.

Hopefully he'll bump into a few old friends and they'll have some stories to tell, or not.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
i wonder how much this will cost Pennsylvania? i can't see these people that got out not suing for the time they were incarcerated that they shouldn't have been. if Pennsylvania was smart they would take any money that it cost them from the corrupt judge himself and the remainder from those prisons that the released inmates were in.

anyone with half a mind should have been able to see that "private prisons" would lead to this type of thing since they are in it to make money and to make money they need more inmates. they should get rid of "private prisons for profit", pay the owners a fair value of the prison buildings and land and bring them fully under public control. of course as they do this they should also do a judicial review of ALL cases. then before any money is payed out, the cost of the judicial reviews and any settlement moneys would be payed out from the monies owed for the prisons and buildings, any more money needed to pay for this to be taken from those people that owned and profited (including those that may no longer have ownership or collect profit) from the "private prisons".

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
apologies for not reading the article as i've not got much time atm, but surely after a scandal of this magnitude it's time for a major overhaul of the system and the installation of a whole new series of checks and blances... or is it just gonna be a case of whack the culprit, pretend it's all ok now and then business and corruption as usual?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
karmas a bitch eh ? u can bet his pretty little botty is going to be sore in the jail

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'm glad he's been sentenced, but this can't undo the damage he's done. Privatized prisons are a disgrace.

Makes you wonder how many other monsters are out there doing this?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I know it is pretty sad that these individuals get protection, he should have to endure the full horrors of prison like all the kids he locked up. Not be coddled like an infant.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
"Pennsylvania judge sentenced to 28 years in prison for selling teens to prisons"

I think he should have been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

it was found that upwards of 5,000 young men and women were denied their constitutional rights, and therefore all of their convictions were dismissed and were summarily released

Even at one year per person, that is 5000 years wrong imprisonment. 28 years sounds a bit short.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

A few of my friends got 20k+ in reparations recently.

That doesnt even begin to touch the corruption in this area.

Oh and most of those kids, non of them were innocent trust me. I know most of them.
edit on 4-5-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
And this is exactly why I believe in Karma.

What goes around comes around.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mnemicrsl

Exactly. Corporations are afforded certain rights, why aren't these being taken away, just as were those they falsely imprisoned?

Their opportunity to profit should be removed for these 28 years, and thereafter be severely curtailed, just as all those who they've paid others to prosecute and imprison.

There could be some lenience for throwing their own people under the bus, as corporations don't enjoy fifth amendment rights by law. By the time they got done telling on each other, there would be plenty of prisoners for profit - which "we the people" could confiscate to pay reparations to the wrongly imprisoned.

The corporations assets should be seized, as a matter of course, as these assets have obviously been used in the commission of a felony.

Corporations may actually consider the ethics of their policies after actually being prosecuted justly, and stockholders may just consider the ethics of the corporations they invest in, once they've lost most of their investments.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

He was just the fall guy there is more corruption around this area then anywhere.

Joe Biden is from the same area i mean think about it.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
The only way to stop this is to pass a law that any detention facility can not be for profit. It must be a non-profit prison and set pay scales, i.e. no million dollar bonuses, etc. and any surplus is given to programs that help citizens with problems like addictions, homelessness, etc. You would see this sort of corruption dry up imho.

edit on 3/5/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

I absolutely agree. Prisons and hospitals are non-profit in Canada and I think it is right, for obvious reasons.

I'm glad to hear that this corrupt judge was found guilty and sentenced, but what about the company that owns the prison? Aren't they just as much at fault as he is? I'm glad they're cracking down on judges but it still seems like big business can't be touched.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join