It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man opens fire with AR-15 rifle at Houston airport checkpoint before turning gun on himself

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Been there and done that. All because regs had changed that I wasn't aware of. Not only annoying, but embarrassing as well.

There once was a time were we could board with our weapons, bolts removed, and they were stored in a front closet (with a guard of course) if the group was small enough...12 or so. Those days are long gone.
edit on 2-5-2013 by TDawgRex because: spelling

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Exactly, how else would people that like to travel for hunting trips be able to take their guns with them?

Do you have to call ahead or anything so they are expecting you when you do this?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by Bedlam

Exactly, how else would people that like to travel for hunting trips be able to take their guns with them?

Do you have to call ahead or anything so they are expecting you when you do this?

I generally do just to verify they haven't changed the rules. And I go right to the desk. If I can arrange for someone to accept them on the other end, I fedex them instead.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I feel bad for the state of the world, when stuff like this happens.

I have never heard of this exact type of event taking place, what was his motive? Who goes to an airport, kills no one other than themself? He clearly wanted to make headlines, maybe he wanted fame, maybe like others said to send a message to washington.

I don't think he was MK-Ultra mind controlled into doing it, but it does fit the purposes of washington.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zotor
I feel bad for the state of the world, when stuff like this happens.

I have never heard of this exact type of event taking place, what was his motive? Who goes to an airport, kills no one other than themself? He clearly wanted to make headlines, maybe he wanted fame, maybe like others said to send a message to washington.

I don't think he was MK-Ultra mind controlled into doing it, but it does fit the purposes of washington.

Remember komrade..no Russian. Sorry for the Pun but it reminds me of that. This can be used for laws to control Video games as well as guns. it will not surprise me to see harry reid or pelosi come out and ask to pass a law because of this incident.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

In response, an air marshal fired at the man, but missed, and then the suspect pulled out another gun which he turned on himself, KHOU News reported. In all, a total of five to seven shots were fired. Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

This is what I find troubling, not to lessen the suicide.

An air marshal missed?

So much for air marshal makes flight travel "safer",
edit on 2-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Ever try to hit somebody with a crowd running around in chaos in front of you? It is not something that you want to try. It is the main reason that thinking armed guards is schools is such a bad idea.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Ever try to hit somebody with a crowd running around in chaos in front of you? It is not something that you want to try. It is the main reason that thinking armed guards is schools is such a bad idea.

Isn't that what air marshals train for?

That's the job they are hired for.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No, if an Air Marshall ever has to draw on a plane people are going to be sitting down. There's not a heck of a lot of room to be running around on a plane, and most people spend the biggest part of the flight seated with their belts on.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

He was probably trying to get the cops to shoot him.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Oh please that can't be any more ridiculous so passengers."please stay seated or the air marshal might shoot you".

Situations that require an air marshal is fluid, there is no set way an 'event' is going to go down.

It's called being prepared for any contingency.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I've noticed your opinions or facts lately are beginning to ... not be as correct.

If you've ever flown on a plane the largest portion of the flight are with seat belts off and you can move about the cabin.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Just because the seat belt sign is off doesn't mean the entire plane is up and moving around though. The crew tells you as part of the briefing "When the seat belt sign is turned off, we recommend that you remain seated with your seat belt fastened", which is what most people tend to do unless they have to get up and move around for one reason or another. At least they did on all the flights I've been on (domestic and international).

Just because they turn the seatbelt sign off, doesn't mean the entire plane is up and moving around at any given time. Or that they're all going to get up and start running around through the plane if something happens.
edit on 5/2/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No one tells passengers to remain seated for whatever reason. They're allowed to get up and move around if they choose to. Most people on the flights I've been on don't choose to unless they have to.

Seriously, you think that if something happens on a plane the entire plane is going to get up and start running around?
edit on 5/2/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

What really makes me apprehensive about that is that I've shot with a few of these guys and they aren't generally as good at it as I am. Don't get me wrong, I think they serve a purpose, but I sincerely hope that the purpose doesn't require them to let fly into the seat next to me.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Oh, I agree that a lot of them are like cops, and they make minimums and that's about it. But they do serve some purpose in that you never know if there's one on your flight or not.

Personally, I think that if they DID have to shoot on a plane they'd be as likely to pop an innocent passenger in the back of the head as the guy they were shooting at, so I hope to god they never have to. But if they do, the passengers on the plane aren't going to be running around like chickens without heads through the plane.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

It is a common fantasy that gun bans make society safer. In 2002 -- five years after enacting its gun ban -- the Australian Bureau of Criminology acknowledged there is no correlation between gun control and the use of firearms in violent crime. In fact, the percent of murders committed with a firearm was the highest it had ever been in 2006 (16.3 percent), says the D.C. Examiner. Even Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime: In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent. Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent. Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent. Moreover, Australia and the United States -- where no gun-ban exists -- both experienced similar decreases in murder rates:
reply to post by Rocker2013

You were saying?

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I could be totally wrong but if the dude fired a shot or two into the ceiling
then I would expect people would be running away from him which would
create more of a clearing allowing the suspect to be shot. No?

Cheers
Ektar

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
this is how most shootings happen in real life...it is not like movies folks...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I find it completely bizarre that a guy went to an airport to kill himself, but then again if true he must be a little off in the head. Last thing i seen is that he was in an ambulance on the way to the hospital. Wonder if any real person actually seen this happen? Maybe the first two shots where to make people run away so nobody can see then the fake suicide commenced?? I just dont believe anything the government or media says any more.

In Texas lately weird stuff, this airport suicide, the fertilizer plant blowing up, the dude that ran around stabbing everyone. Seems like Texas is being punished for wanting their gold back, wanting to succeed from the union, its known Obama doesnt like Rick Perry, and Ted Cruz is a senator from Texas which was a main killer of Obama's gun bill.

Back on topic it will be interested to see how this plays out and if we will ever hear about this again.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Just a thought, are people who shoot themselves with a gun without harming anyone else potential murderers but are too stupid to do the way otters do it and shoot themselves first?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join