It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Lawrence O'donnell Completely Lies About Boston Lockdown & Calls Ron Paul The Liar, Unbelieva

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Seeing how Mr. Paul most often prefers NOT to vote, I don't agree with your conclusion.

Wow, what kind of understanding do you have of politics?

Voting NO does not mean NOT voting LMAOOOOO

They called him Dr. No because he often voted no for nonsense
That doesn't mean NOT voting

edit on 1-5-2013 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

No one held at gun point?

You sure bout dat?

Here's clip of Watertown family "volunteering" to stay in their homes as they are ripped out by police.

edit on 1-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ahh, Lawrence O'donnell, cheerleading the path against the truth. Oh well, at least we know the lame stream media is scared of the masses, that have been very for Paul's comments.

Actually, Paul is an idiot and O'Donnell proved that. There's a reason why Ron Paul couldn't even beat Mitt Romney. Paul is an idiot and only loved by his idiot constituents in Ignorance, Texas.

LOL Really? Most funny post evarrr! Give me starz.
edit on 1-5-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Catacomb

NOT a forced lockdown, not even a lockdown.
No tanks.
No one held at gunpoint. Guns were held, and were pointed around, but not trained on anyone.
I could keep going, but why bother? Ron Paul is an idiot.

Really?

Looks like an illegal, warrantless search, with guns pointed at citizens to me. Whether or not you think it had to happen, is irrelevant to laws being broken. I disagree with his usage of the word tanks, but in truth, AFV's were being used in Boston. I do not know if any were fitted with cannon (2cm or higher), and I seriously doubt they were. Tanks are AFV's, though. But, I admit, that is reaching.

Ron Paul, however, is not an idiot. He calls it likes he sees it. Laws were broken, whether or not we believe the end result was warranted. We normally call those people criminals, or vigilantes...yes? Just saying.
edit on 1-5-2013 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Yeah repetition of the word lies,liar lost count of that in the first minute.

Attack, and try to marginalize classic Odonnell.

There is a reason MSNBC has that banner, "the place for politics" sure won't see any news on there.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I understand those that are providing evidence contrary to "da posters" colorful comments, but come on, some people just aren't worthy of a response. It only takes the discussion to the exact place he/she would like it go and often evokes an emotional response. It takes the focus off topic and directs it onto the poster. You'd have better results arguing with a rock.

But, to each his own.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well,

I would have to say that after watching the man for many, many years.

I can say that whether you agree with him or not, Ron Paul is no liar.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The Governor and Police Chief may have said it was "voluntary" but someone didn't get that memo, people were forced to either stay inside or not able to get home, guns were used to intimidate people into "compliance"....the end did NOT justify the means, and Ron Paul is right on in his assessment of what went down in Boston......

+9 more 
posted on May, 1 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I only needed several minutes to determine that O'Donnell was correct and that the YouTube video relies TWICE on a headline blurb "ordered to stay in their homes"...

Confirmation bias can be a b**ch, but unfortunately most humans are susceptible to it, and when we feel passionate about something, it usually happens without the person even realizing it.

I've been around here for a long time, and by my post count it should be relatively obvious that I mostly lurk, but given that I spend more time listening than talking, it does give me the advantage to learn posters views and agendas as opposed to constantly arguing with people (which does take a lot of energy, time and attention).

In the relatively short time you have been a member here, your views and agenda are quite obvious as you tend to be quite vocal on your opinions. You are not the first nor the last member by far to harbor this trait (on both sides of the political spectrum I might add), I've seen it time and time again, and it usually ends the same way.

Unfortunately, taking a side, towing the line, whatever you want to call it, causes people to more often than not enter a discussion or argument with confirmation bias and/or to argue from emotion.

I only needed several minutes to determine

Perfect example right here.

If you were to take the time to watch the video all the way through, you would see that all of O'Donells allegations are actually countered (several eyewitness accounts actually reported on by O'Donells employer MSNBC themselves actually refute his allegations). I did watch the entire video, but will admit that I have not vetted either argument in the video (although the counters to O'Donell are rather cut and dry as opposed to O'Donnells argumentum ad hominem)

You have a very bellicose style of arguing and tend to apply several types of logical fallacies in most of your replys, but your vehement ideals actually fascinate me and I'm honestly very much curious as to how a civil dialogue with you would pan out.

All the best

edit on 1-5-2013 by ZombieJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

right-wing libertarian lie crew.

What is this? Are you calling Libertarians liars? And regardless if they (we) are liars, Republicans and Democrats lie far more then Libertarians do. But whatever, your one liners and confirmation bias says much about your political stance, so carry on. Don't let me stand in the way of your preconceived notions.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
After watching the first video I was thinking they needed to show some partying kids who have been partying for a few days and had no clue what was going on... then I watched the rebuttal video and realize that is exactly what those police went in on. I can only imagine what the kid that first opened the door probably soiled himself right there...

Ron Paul... what can I say about him that hasnt already been said. At least Dr. No is consistant. You know that there are a lot he votes no for but for the last 60 years we have needed a lot of "no"s which just haven't been happening. Say what you will about Ron Paul but we need many more Dr No's in Washington IMHO.

Lawrence is being his normal self. Condescending as hell and being an idiot. It was definitely a heavily fortified police action. All of MSM pretty much was calling it a lockdown and then here comes Lawrence like he is some authority telling us that Ron Paul and pretty much everyone in the MSM liars was just pure gold. Lawrence was missing a couple of things. A clown nose and a jester hat.

Seriously though. It does concern me that much force was brought to bear. They did it quickly and effectively and that concerns me. 9000. Thats a third of the amount need to invade Panama... and thats a foreign country. LESS than they used going after Noriega. Is the economy so bad that we need that many heavy cops on call?

Anyway.. wish I had more time...

Lawrence... Beck...Bliitzer ... pretty much all of them are idiots too...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Ron Paul did get it wrong but I think accusing him of lying is a bit much. I live in Boston I can tell you for a fact, people were asked, not ordered to stay inside... obviously the direct neighborhoods involved in the search was a different story. I wish people on all sides and that includes fellow members here, would stop politicizing this tragedy.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The Clip that O'donnell shows claiming "this is a tank" is actually a Bradley fighting vehicle, actually an armored troop transport.....NOT A TANK. I wouldn't expect someone from MSNBC to know the difference though. I used to watch MSNBC for laughs....now they aren't even funny anymore.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

You need to post more.......great writing. It's always fun to watch someone debate in the manner you have shown.
edit on 1-5-2013 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Edit:

Removed comment since it did not take into account certain context.

My apologies.
edit on 1-5-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yah Ron Paul is a err liar because he said "tanks" as opposed to "armored vehicles"...

How dare Ron Paul suggest that anyone in Boston was anything less than enthusiastic in welcoming the police at every juncture...

NWO, establishment TRASH.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

And your a total nothing.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus
reply to post by DaTroof

Actually, Paul is an idiot and O'Donnell proved that

Damn you're good!

The OP posted at 3:42pm and you responded at 3:49pm.

The video in the OP is 14:19 long

Watching a 14min video AND writing your response all in under 7 minutes......

That's just amazing

I am really starting to wonder if some of these posters are legit? You see posts like this in thread after thread attacking the messenger and not the message. They use canned, scripted I believe talking points and attacks.

Posters and readers across the great wide world can make up there own minds but if it walks like a duck....
edit on 2-5-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

NOT a forced lockdown, not even a lockdown.
No tanks.
No one held at gunpoint. Guns were held, and were pointed around, but not trained on anyone.
I could keep going, but why bother? Ron Paul is an idiot.

No guns trained on anyone huh?

That is all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join