It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am extremely reluctant to post this. Specifically wondering if anyone else has seen this.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarwinVsJesus
I don't like being told "turn to christ" because the subtext is "as you are, you're no good". I repeatedly asked people to stop posting these things and debating the merits of my philosophy or theirs. I wanted help. I am experiencing real terror, on a regular basis. I'm leaving this thread with no answers and a feeling of sadness that I have been judged so strongly by ignorant people who don't have any idea what they are talking about.

No Darwin, you are not going to find Christians here telling you that you are perfect the way you are. I imagine most, even the nonreligious, agree that people as a whole are not perfect. You are incomplete. You are intended to be in communion with God and you are not. Belief in Christ restores that.

It is sad that you brush other peoples experiences completely aside and for some inexplicable reason believe that since they are Christians they are wholly incapable of understanding what you are going through. Several have indicated the exact opposite, myself included. I have been where you are, Darwin. I have felt the shear terror of meeting one of these face to face. In fact, one took the shape of MY OWN MOTHER and then turned on me revealing itself for what it really was. Do you think I felt fine and dandy with this?

I have heard the whispers in my ear about my worthlessness, what a failure I am. I have seen the awful, awful images projected into my mind, thoughts I would have never thought of on my own. Images of myself hanging over the balcony of my parents home, dead. Images of myself shooting myself in the head, poisoning myself, running my car off a cliff, driving in front of an oncoming train, 101 ways to die. And then I have been enticed, with access to the unknown if only I would give up my faith and follow after them. In these situations, I was overwhelmed with fear, often paralyzed by it. I prayed or called on Christ aloud and they were instantly removed. Those of us who have experienced this only want to help you do the same. (I will touch on your lack of results below).

When I was still a christian, I did use the name of Jesus. It never went away. My fault, right? I hope one of you comes face to face with a 12 foot tall, cheshire-cat grinning being that exudes terror and evil. When you throw your jesus at him, and he laughs at you and comes closer, then you will know why I wanted this out of it. Guess why he laughed? he's not a demon, you fools. It's an inter-dimensional creature of some type. Not a #ing demon. So the name of jesus this or yeshua that is irrelevant.

and all the while I'm still being followed, watched, experiencing regular intervals of utter terror.

As I said above, I have been there. I mentioned earlier in the day that I believe you are dealing with a very powerful demon who has been entrenched in your life for, what nearly two decades now? It is not going to leave willingly or easily. It has a hold on you for a reason.

In the Bible, there was a demon that was not readily cast out by the disciples like they were used to. That one required both prayer and fasting in order to be removed. (Mark 9:14-29). This would explain why you were not successful.

I encourage you to lay down your pride and your presuppositions and truly seek out help from those who may well be able to do so, even if you do not at this point agree with their beliefs.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!

Opposing viewpoints are allowed, BUT, members ar required to do so in a courteous manner:

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.
There are consequences for failure to post in a civil manner.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Saorsainn

The only one qualified is Jesus Christ himself.

You people fail to realize that many of us have gotten rid of negative entities without Jesus.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
First I must say that I commend Darwin for the courage it takes to speak up about something like this. Whatever the origin, it sounds terrifying, and it takes strength to discuss in a forum like this knowing the skepticism and ridicule that usually follows.

While I am intrigued by the persistent tales of Shadow Figures, I find it surprising and a bit disappointing that in twelve pages of responses, very little (none?) is said about the OP's repeated disclosure of being bi-polar. Everyone is so quick to jump on the idea of the paranormal, and while it is engrossing, it is a bit sensationalist, which I suppose should be expected around here. Darwin, I mean absolutely no disrespect to what you are dealing with, either this being or your condition as bi-polar, but there does seem to be a highly likely, more grounded explanation.

I say this from experience. I am bi-polar, and have been for many years, but was just diagnosed last year when I had a psychotic episode. I grew progressively paranoid, started hallucinating that I was being 'guided' by a higher power, and when I fully 'snapped' I was convinced that I was on a train heading towards hell after being killed in an accident. During that episode, I had conversations with people that I thought were angels, devils, etc and felt a sheer, thorough terror like nothing I'd ever felt. It was the realest thing to me, and I couldn't fathom that it wasn't actually happening. There was so much more to it, but it's a tale for a different thread. I'm in a far better place now, but humbled by the experience.

I only bring this up because it seems like a very real possibility that much of what you are seeing is brought on by your condition. Is it possible that this is a symptom? Without prying too much, I'd just ask you to consider some possibilities whether you share with the group or not - have you ever seen the being in connection with a manic or depressive episode? Have you ever knowingly hallucinated? Do appearances seem to be connected with any changes in your medication?

I am a firm believer that entities like this exist. But based on the details given, I'd just ask that we do our best to consider more natural causes before terrifying our courageous OP further. I know that's not the exciting train of thought, but it's productive to at least consider and if possible rule out before we dive headfirst into the supernatural.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Darwin, if it can Help. I checked the whole post and understand the situation now.
I don't want to shake your belief or give you any lesson.
I was raised in a home were both my parent believe in their ancestors animistic belief and christianity. For my part, i have an animistic and panteist faith.
What you talk about looks a lot like panteism. Satanism is quite dark, darker than what some say it is, especially when they pretend it is related to the pagan/polytheist/animistic faith which preceded it.

Be careful. Do your own research and dont harm yoursefl.
You dont have to worship any deity or enter any dogma to reverance nature and celebrate it.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

It's a character I'm going to use in a animated movie I'm making. (More like photo/video manipulation and creation of new still imagery which when put together creates flowing scenes to progress a story)

I found this image-
(found by searching "arcturian alien")

I cut the face in half and flipped one half to be the other side of the face as well to create a full head. I found an image of a black cloak online and edited the two together to create the character, the avatar.

Why did I choose to make the character look like this?
Well, first I finished the head and then I was thinking what would I have it wear? If you search "arcturian alien" you'll see other images which have the "alien" wearing a type of black outfit.

Ex.-

I liked the look of it, but thought it didn't have the "mysterious" look I wanted so I thought about it and decided a black cloak would be best.

The relation to the drawing you showed and descriptions of what people experience are purely just coincidence as the entire time I spent thinking how the character should look, none of these things in the slightest were influencing my decisions, which makes things even more bizarre I'd say. I created this a few weeks ago as well. Honestly, what influenced my decision the most was the type of black outfit, without the hood, I talked about and showed above. Adding a hood was purely for the mysterious aspect.

Take care.

Edit: You know, after reading this excerpt from the experience you shared in 2012 (which I had never seen until today), I am honestly dumbfounded at how similar my avatar is to what you describe. The chances of how exact the details match up are CRAZY.

It was very dark. It had a dark face, dark features, dark cloak that enrobed its entire body with a hood covering most of its head. I could see some slightly shimmery facial features. It looked like a bug—an ant maybe. It had large, shiny black eyes that reflected some light. Its skin was rough and textured, like the rind of an avocado—again, very dark and black. It appeared to have no nose, but rather some kind of shallow snout that tapered off into a tiny little mouth. It reminded me of an ant without mandibles. The robe prevented me from seeing any other features. I believe the robe was all black, although memory seems to want me to say that it had a little purple trim as well. It’s been so long that some of those finer details are lost to me.

edit on 29-4-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I may be wrong, but;
This shadowy figure may be a visual manifestation of some experience as a child. My apologies if I am incorrect, and you should rightly point it out to me if indeed I am incorrect; if you believe that so, disregard the rest of my post.

However, if I had to venture a guess; The figure is the visual manifestion of years of negative emotional experience.

Now, by no means do you really have to answer my considerations. My gut, however, tells me that this figure may represent some kind of defensive mechanism; a mechanism of the mind, created by yourself and by your own mind, as a way of dealing with something.

Instead of setting up a webcamera to capture a picture of this thing, or anything else that might reinforce it's occurence, keep a pen and paper on you at all times. When you sense it, feel it, or see it, write down, then and there, the exact preceeding moments up to that point, and in precise detail.

What were you thinking about? Had anything happened up until then? What kind of ambiance in the room was there? Etc, and so on.

Once you've done that, you may be able to find a common theme; in other words, a trigger. If you can eliminate that, you have a good chance of ridding yourself of this terrible and frightening experience.

I sincerely wish you the best fellow ATS'er; it sounds really #ty to have to deal with that. I don't know what I'd do without a good nights rest.

Cheers
edit on 29-4-2013 by anon4m05 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Darwin,
I don't know if what you're going through is real or a product of your mind/mental condition/medication/recreational drug use or a combination of them, but the most important thing is that it is real and terrifying to you and you reached out here for help. I like the camera idea from Wrabbit...
I have had similar dream experiences with what I would have to say is, for lack of a better term, a bigfoot type creature. The dreams - I myself believe now it was a recurring nightmare tied to a fear of the unknown - started when I was a child and continued up to a few years ago spanning a stretch of 30 some years. My wife has had to wake me up as I was screaming in my dream on a few occasions. She even said I was once repeatedly yelling,"monkey!"
The dreams were vivid. I could feel the crushing grip of its hands. I could smell its breath as it got in my face and bellowed. It began to turn when it was chasing my brothers and me though the house where we grew up and I got a sense of confidence from that. We should be the hunters, not the hunted. The next thing I knew I was stalking it down the hallway with a big old double-edge axe in my hands. It saw me and bellowed. I screamed and woke up. This went on for a period of a few months. Finally in on dream it pinned me in a corner, for a moment I reverted to pure fear again, then there was a conscious thought of fight back. And I did. I have not had the nightmare since.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Slender Man is all the rage nowadays...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I don't know if this will help or not but I was told by a person that practiced HooDoo, that this was the HooDoo Man. The description fits perfectly. Another name he goes by is Smiling Jack. He can be evil, or he can help depends on his mood I was told. I hope this helps and if this is not him I hope you find out what it is. Sorry that you are so terrified, it really is awful. When I read your story, I remembered this story so thought I would share.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I can tell you that I have felt and seen things in my room from my earliest memories and I am now 47 years old. On a very rare occasion they will come visit me, but I take a different approach than some here do. I am a messianic believer with a more mystic side which has caused me to study energetics and other esoteric subjects.

My worst encounter was very physical and the being emanated fear beyond anything I had felt before. I was awoken at approximately 3 am. I am a scuba diver and the only thing I can equate with what I felt was it was like being instantly dragged down 300 feet deep. The pressure was incredible to me. I had an incredible feeling of terror. I heard a distinct voice which I felt was a safe voice tell me not to open my eyes. I instantly understood in my spirit that the battle I was in was spiritual and if I opened my eyes it would be very physical and I would lose. So, I just focused on my faith in Yeshua and asked him for help and I literally felt this thing being pulled off of me. It was still in my room and I rebuked it in Yeshua's name and told it to leave my home, and it did.

I had another similar encounter about a month later in a hotel room and this time it was easier to deal with, and again, I rebuked it in Yeshua's name and it left.

I have lived with the paranormal all my life. Sometimes they have been scary and sometimes friendly. I don't think they are all demonic, but I have certainly experienced very negative spirits and have always been sensitive to unseen energies which are often around us, especially in places with a violent history.

I found it interesting that there is a whole section in MUFON that talks about the "aliens" that abduct people have been stopped when people prayed to Jesus or asked Jesus for help. You might want to look into those encounters.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DarwinVsJesus

hi, i really hope you will read this even though you said you were leaving...

I myself have experienced shadow people and other terrifying events in my life, but not like you have described. I hope you will be able to gain something positive to help you find relief from these events.

I once had a freind who was unable/unwilling to reach out to others for help and i feel it may have partly lead to his death...so in that context it is good to see you reaching out. However... i am completely saddened by the way you have rejected others in this thread.

those people may have different ideas/beliefs than you but they are only trying to help. I believe this is detrimental to your situation because by pushing them away you are denying yourself the strength and support they are offering, NOT because they are christian or believe in god, but because they are your brothers and sisters.

We are all in this together and what hurts you now also affects others both now and down the road. It is sad that you are so scared and full of fear that you could turn so violently opposed to an idea. I can only be led to one assumption...

This "being" in your life is not there to feed on your fear...the fear you say you experience when you sense/think he is around is a bi-product. While i think we can all be sure this being does enjoy the fear, i would be willing to bet it is more like dessert.
The main dish is the anger you manifest.

Its ok to be angry but you need to find a way to express it and release it (constructively!) before this being can cause you or others any more harm. You can start in several ways...i cant say for sure because everyone is different but i can offer suggestions.

Try carpentry, get a hammer and a piece of pressure treated 2x4 and beat the crap out of the 2x4...then, when you feel some relief, try to build something.
Random acts of kindness are also known to relieve stress, they also impart a positive energy which is good for everyone. If you try either of these and they work keep at it, also explore other similar ideas which may have more appeal to your personal interests

On a final note, i hope that you do not view forgiveness from your brothers and sisters the same as you view it from god, i feel that there might be 1 or 2 in thread who deserve an apology... yourself included. In the end when you hurt others you end up hurting yourself, you are NOT god afterall, you are only human...we all are.

I'm owt, peace!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

I found it interesting that there is a whole section in MUFON that talks about the "aliens" that abduct people have been stopped when people prayed to Jesus or asked Jesus for help. You might want to look into those encounters.

That is intriguing.

I am new to ATS but look forward to a thread that amasses prayers to ward this dark, cloaked masculine entity who terrorizes most us all.

The only reason I am up at this hour, is something highly related to this thread but it was not a humanoid entity to say the least, earlier tonite. It's wailing sound awoke me and I prayed and prayed and waited for it to go away but instead it came right up to my ear, and well.. maybe that will be my first thread when I am allowed to make one.

Remember though, as terrifying as these manifestations are at the moment, aside and apart often from sleep paralysis as they are usually written off as; there is nothing to fear but fear itself.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Yup, seen a lot of these entities, and been tormented by them for a good portion of my life, until I put a stop to it and gained authority over them. Now they are afraid of me, or rather the spirit that is in me.

How did this happen? I became a christian and was indwelt by the Holy Spirit. At some point I became aware that these spirits would flee at merely the name of Jesus Christ, or calling on Jesus Christ. That's a pretty big clue as to where they source from.

Ironically this led me to a study of the Bible and eventually to accepting Jesus as my Lord and savior. I remember an epic struggle with the many entities that I had acquired shortly thereafter, and they all fled. None of them could remain. Occasionally now, they will attempt to haunt my dreams, but they are powerless in my waking state at this time.

As long as I walk with Jesus, this will always be so. You, my friend, are what we call demonized. The transference of these entities can be hereditary, or they can follow dabblings in the occult or drug abuse. You will never be rid of them until you call on the name of the Lord.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Dear Darwin, I find it interesting that you pen name is Darwin, the author of “On the Origin of Species” the Darwin who struggled with faith until the day he died. I am not quite sure why you added DarwinVsJesus , which I find even more interesting given this thread.

I want to tell you that I have played with the occult in my younger and teenage years. I have seen and heard terrible and fearful things. I still hear and see things as an adult.

People who have responded to you are just trying to help you, give you advice, etc. so please do not be angry with the responses you receive. It is clear people care for you.

My advice and some preaching you may not want to read , it will not hurt you to understand and just thoughtfully consider.

I also want to assure you are not alone; but I want you to be clear that it is your choice and your choice alone to give you self totally and completely (body, heart, mind and soul) to Jesus Christ.

#1. the Devil is very, very real. 1 Peter 5:8 says " Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour."

The devil is not just a Christian thing but HE IS FOUND in many, many other religions. As is GOD and Jesus.

American Indian:
The Native Americans believe that the supernatural spirit world is the abode of good and bad spirits. The good spirits help men and the bad spirits are able to harm men. It is the bad spirits that caused suffering, sickness and disease. When a man became ill it was believed that a bad spirit had entered his body and taken his soul away. www.warpaths2peacepipes.com...

Hebrew, satan means adversary.

Hindus believe there is evil in the world, there is no single devil-like entity in Hinduism. However, there is a concept of asura, or evil spirit: www.beliefnet.com...

Islam: the Devil is known as Iblīs / Iblees.

Muslims: have two terms for their Satanic figure. The first is Iblis, which is his proper name (just as Christians use Satan or Lucifer). The second is shaitan, which is a noun or an adjective, describing any being that rebels against God. Ergo, there is one Iblis, and he is a shaitan, but there are other shaitans as well.

Other religions recognize Jesus Christ. For example, "Muslims honor Jesus more than Christians do." Moreover, you will find that Islam has a fairly well-defined doctrine of Christ. Its view is based on the Qur'an which has more about Christ than you might think. Briefly, here is what it says about Jesus Christ.
Son of Mary" he is frequently called "Al-Masih" (Messiah) and at one time or another is also referred to as "the Word of God", "the Word of Truth", "a Spirit from Him", "the Messenger of God", "the Prophet of God", and "the Servant of God". He is even said to be "illustrious in this world and the next and of those nearest to God" (3:45). The Qur'an also has a lot to say about Jesus. It relates, for example, the story of the angel's annunciation to Mary that she would have a son and the story of His virgin birth, and attributes to Jesus a number of miracles (of apocryphal origin). In a word, it says about Him many wonderful things. See: www.cbn.com...

I suggest reading this site to help you better understand the reality of the devil and demons.
www.inplainsite.org...

Satanists ; worship the devil

I want to suggest a couple of things, and of course it is your choice – it will cost you nothing, and you have nothing to lose, but much to gain

#1. Saying Jesus’ name as if it were akin to saying “abracadabra” is worthless

#2. The Bible says, If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and BELIEVE IN YOU HEART that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

#3. Ask God EACH day, “Please give me faith and grace.”

#4. To stave off the devil and his demons, read the Bible, even for just 5 minutes a day.
That is your weapon, for the bible says, “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Ephesians 6:12, 10-17

#5 Get your house blessed and consider an exorcism

May the Lord give you His peace that surpasses all understanding during these terrible times you are suffering through.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

He is your dark side, he is you. Watch legend of earthsea. It gives you big clues

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

This entity sounds very evil. There is only one good way to get rid of something like that, and that's by calling on a higher power. Jesus is stronger, and calling on Him can get rid of such things. I don't know what your beliefs are, but want you to know I have prayed for your situation, that this thing would be banished, and that you could know how that happened.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

They call that paranoid schizophrenia

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I didn't say anything about Satanism. Perhaps your reply to me also included a reply to somebody else. It made you look irrational and a bit confused. I could say that the side effects from your medications and your "illness" itself could be the source of these problems you have been experiencing. Best of luck with that...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join