It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clive Palmer 'United Australia Party' is running for PM...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
oh fantastic!

Abbott doesn't look too happy! hahah = I suppose that is because Palmer is already beating him in the polls!

I want to be PM, says Palmer

Billionaire mining tycoon Clive Palmer has launched a bid to become the next prime minister, announcing he will stand for a Queensland seat in September's federal election.

The flamboyant businessman, who is also behind a plan to build a replica of the Titanic, floated his latest idea at a Brisbane news conference today.

Now this is just what Australia needs...

(he is also a bit of a conspiracy buff too)

yeah!

oh add this bit...

Mr Palmer has also been a frequent target of Treasurer Wayne Swan, who has accused him, and other wealthy mining magnates Andrew Forrest and Gina Rinehart, of threatening Australia's democracy.

The Federal Government has largely been dismissive of Mr Palmer's announcement.

"Obviously only a very few people have multiple billions of dollars to start a new party from scratch," cabinet minister Bill Shorten said.

"He was unsuccessful in convincing the Liberal Party to pick him as a Liberal candidate so clearly he's taken his bat and ball and decided to run his own party."

of course they would be dismissive because he has enough flamboyance to actually win and change Australia!

I am not sure about anyone else but I am sick and tired of the two party system.

edit on 26-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: add para

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Clive Palmer is awesome

I personally think that he would make a great candidate. It was also a smart move to bring back the United Australia Party, and run under it.

All in all though, I do not think they will take a significant amount of seats this election. It might take him a couple of years to get the party, and himself well established to be considered a major opponent...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I just watched the replay of abc interview and he really stuck it up them.
And Abbotts face (you can see it in the link above) looked really peeved. hahaha

They were like.. "oh don't you think you have left it a bit late Clive?" lmao and his response was very good.

edit on 26-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: insert vid

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I seen this and I was like I am voting that guy I like the look of him rather than Abbot or Gillard.

1945 United Australia Party disappeared, Hope they make a come back, he really needs to do this..

we need more candidates than what we have now.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
He's got my vote.

I love watching how they try to smear him. Especially about his C.I.A claims last year which indeed turned out to be true as per the wikileaks cables.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

I wish I could give you 20 stars for posting up those links!!

Might be fair to say, there might be quite a few people who would not like to see him as PM?

edit on 26-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: fix format

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

then the treasonous little rat resigns to allow Labor some "team building" time.

Yes you can be sure that they're taking Palmer's bid seriously and will be ready and forthcoming with "dirt" on Palmer when the right time arrives. But with billions of dollars to throw at people I'm sure he will take it right up to em. People might just be so fed up with the current pathetic jokes we have in Government that he could gain support.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
If He does stand up. I will stand outside my polling place and hand out pamphlets for the man.

I am so over our choices for a government they are both the same and are dumb and dumber.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Recent revelations by WikiLeaks also outed Bob Hawke and Bob Carr as secret US informants. More recently, messages were leaked whereby US diplomats were discussing before Rudd's downfall, just how great of a PM Gillard would be (due to her great support for US/Aus ties); suggesting that she would eventually replace Rudd himself...

It comes as no surprise to me that the USA/CIA have infiltrated the Labor Party.
edit on 26-4-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
He is definitely not a sock puppet so if he wins, it will mean a major shake up!

The new website is online tommorrow (as I heard from the abc news interview) so I, like many People will be hitting it and signing up.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Opps it wasn't the website

edit on 26-4-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

too fkn right cobber!

Hmm, I dont know enough about him to comment to be honest, building the Titanic is pretty cool, the concept...

Lets see what changes and policies he believes in.. maybe, he's a solution to our current crisis!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

It is Good News Week!!

reply to post by amraks

hahaha tommorrow...funny if there are so many People hitting it, it crashes... lol !!

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Haha, oh boy i loved that show..

best opener ever!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Recent revelations by WikiLeaks also outed Bob Hawke and Bob Carr as secret US informants. More recently, messages were leaked whereby US diplomats were discussing before Rudd's downfall, just how great of a PM Gillard would be (due to her great support for US/Aus ties); suggesting that she would eventually replace Rudd himself...

It comes as no surprise to me that the USA/CIA have infiltrated the Labor Party.

Come on, it stands to reason that ALL of our PMs have been taking back information to the US, not just the Labor Party. The US is interested in what goes on with their strategic ally, no matter who is in power. Remember how sycophantic John Howard was when George Bush visited for APEC? Remember how angry he was with the Chaser boys for humiliating him? You can't tell me George didn't have Howard in his pocket.

As for Clive Palmer. The man will be like Tony Abbott just one step to the right. His Titanic replica cruise includes class divides so that those in steerage (cheaper tickets) are never allowed to mix with those in 1st class (uber-expensive tickets) and receive worse food and limited entertainment - I think he said it'd be restricted it to jigs and reels or something - while the 1st class passengers may dance the night away in the grand ballroom or take a stroll around a part of the ship off limits to those with the cheap cabins.

And this is what I believe he will do to Australia if this idea grows legs, which is never a sure bet with Clive. He's a funny bloke and I quite like him as an entertainer but I'll scrutinise the hell out of his policies before I agree to ANYTHING.
edit on 26-4-2013 by Archie because: typo

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Archie

Come on, it stands to reason that ALL of our PMs have been taking back information to the US, not just the Labor Party. The US is interested in what goes on with their strategic ally, no matter who is in power. Remember how sycophantic John Howard was when George Bush visited for APEC? Remember how angry he was with the Chaser boys for humiliating him? You can't tell me George didn't have Howard in his pocket.

As for Clive Palmer. The man will be like Tony Abbott just one step to the right. His Titanic replica cruise includes class divides so that those in steerage (cheaper tickets) are never allowed to mix with those in 1st class (uber-expensive tickets) and receive worse food and limited entertainment - I think he said it'd be restricted it to jigs and reels or something - while the 1st class passengers may dance the night away in the grand ballroom or take a stroll around a part of the ship off limits to those with the cheap cabins.

And this is what I believe he will do to Australia if this idea grows legs, which is never a sure bet with Clive. He's a funny bloke and I quite like him as an entertainer but I'll scrutinise the hell out of his policies before I agree to ANYTHING.

So because he Is building a replica and giving people the full atmosphere of what it would of been like on the titanic with different classes aboard, you think he will do the same to Australia, Titanic is a boat, Australia Is a country not a fricken boat.

Whats a titanic replica with out replicating the experiences.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

The media is already at it... yanno "The World according to Clive" (by the looks of the examples they have included)...the smear campaign has already begun! I spose they will try to make him look 'eccentric'...

The world according to Clive

Titanic ambition
Palmer announces plans to rebuild the ill-fated Titanic. First announced on the 100th anniversary of the original ship's sailing, the plans featured "proper lifeboats" and other safety measures to ensure the vessel would be fully compliant with current regulations. He plans for the Titanic to undertake its maiden voyage in 2016.

Greens in bed with CIA
Palmer accused the United States government of funding environmental group Greenpeace via the CIA to undermine Australia's coal mining sector last year. He was angry at Greenpeace's plan to use lawyers to thwart future coal mining projects, claiming the funding came from US environmental charity the Rockefeller Foundation.

Prehistoric plan
Palmer applied to build the world's biggest dinosaur park at his Coolum resort on Queensland's Sunshine Coast. He has ordered 165 animated dinosaurs from China, ranging in size from two to 20 meters in size. He already has two life-sized dinosaurs on the golf course at the resort.

'Reluctant warrior'
Palmer found in himself a self-confessed 'reluctant warrior' in Queensland politics after resigning as a member of the Liberal Party last year. He became highly critical of Premier Campbell Newman and his Government, and publicly "considered" setting up a new party but never went through with the plans.

source

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archie

Oh look, a Labor shill

While the USA is deeply interested in Australian politics (regardless of who is in power), the USA has always been deeper with Labor. This much is fact, as can be seen through the information provided by WikiLeaks.

In regards to the Labor party, the USA has had Mark Arbib, Bob Hawke, and Bob Carr as informants (i am sure that there are more). There is also evidence suggesting that the USA had their hands in the removal of Gough Whitlam as PM. US diplomats were also discussing Gillard's replacement of Rudd before the leadership spill too...

Overall, there is no doubt that both major sides of Australian politics look up to, and follow the USA in a lot of objectives. But there is much more evidence out there suggesting that the USA has compromised the Labor Party moreso than the Liberal Party.

In regards to Clive Palmer and his bid to become PM, i believe he would do a better job than the other contestants...He seems like a nice guy who is able to get the job done. He is alos one not to take # from foreign powers.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

No wonder they are looking worried.

Also media 'black out?' = No mention of Clive in the Advertiser today...nothing at all. Abbott was 'front page' promising gazillions to fix the 'outback roads'...

Just read a poll also on abc...
76% of those that voted would not vote for AUP. Poll wasn't open for very long...just wonder how many Labour and Liberal shills are going to be employed? Read another op poll/comments on AUP on topix and the responses were overwhelming in favour of it!

I wonder who, (whether it is Labour or Liberal) owns or has dibs on the media?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
here it is...

Now Online

United Australia Party

woo hooo!

Professor Clive Palmer has today announced the formation of a new federal political party to reunite the nation, restore competency to government and provide a plan for jobs growth to enable Australia’s economy to move forward. Professor Palmer has relaunched the United Australia Party (UAP) with plans to field candidates in all House of Representative [...]
source above link

thought this was going to end up in the High Court... legalities with choice of name!
as read at abc earlier.
edit on 27-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: insert

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join