It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clive Palmer 'United Australia Party' is running for PM...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
here it is...

Now Online

United Australia Party

woo hooo!

Professor Clive Palmer has today announced the formation of a new federal political party to reunite the nation, restore competency to government and provide a plan for jobs growth to enable Australia’s economy to move forward. Professor Palmer has relaunched the United Australia Party (UAP) with plans to field candidates in all House of Representative [...]
source above link

thought this was going to end up in the High Court... legalities with choice of name!
as read at abc earlier.
edit on 27-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: insert

Great to see they are up now. Hopefully they make the 500 + members needed to officially register the party. I don't think they would have much trouble.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I just registered.

and didn't pay any money at all... they will send me an invoice

yeah (hope I get 30 days on that one) you know how what the economy is like...

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I would register if i wasn't already a member of the WikiLeaks Party

Seriously though, the UAP looks great, and i reckon they will grow pretty fast. Glad to see another 'legit' party. One which actually wants to change the direction Australia is heading in.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I saw this on The Project the other day and they were really spinning it trying to make him look bad but his replies were very good and honest. He's right in saying that voting for either Gillard or Abbot is just choosing the lesser of two evils, there is no real choice there. If he's a conspiracy theorist then all the more reason to vote for him!

One question though, is he one of the rich guys who is giving away money in the pledge?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
So because he Is building a replica and giving people the full atmosphere of what it would of been like on the titanic with different classes aboard, you think he will do the same to Australia, Titanic is a boat, Australia Is a country not a fricken boat.

Whats a titanic replica with out replicating the experiences.

I'll argue that it goes to character, m'lud.

(BTW: Paul McDermott is a massive player in the Sydney S&M scene
)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yeah, he's building Titanic 2.

Yeah , its his money.

How is building it in China help Australia out of interest?

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by Archie

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by Samuelis

Recent revelations by WikiLeaks also outed Bob Hawke and Bob Carr as secret US informants. More recently, messages were leaked whereby US diplomats were discussing before Rudd's downfall, just how great of a PM Gillard would be (due to her great support for US/Aus ties); suggesting that she would eventually replace Rudd himself...

It comes as no surprise to me that the USA/CIA have infiltrated the Labor Party.
edit on 26-4-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

Come on, it stands to reason that ALL of our PMs have been taking back information to the US, not just the Labor Party. The US is interested in what goes on with their strategic ally, no matter who is in power. Remember how sycophantic John Howard was when George Bush visited for APEC? Remember how angry he was with the Chaser boys for humiliating him? You can't tell me George didn't have Howard in his pocket.

As for Clive Palmer. The man will be like Tony Abbott just one step to the right. His Titanic replica cruise includes class divides so that those in steerage (cheaper tickets) are never allowed to mix with those in 1st class (uber-expensive tickets) and receive worse food and limited entertainment - I think he said it'd be restricted it to jigs and reels or something - while the 1st class passengers may dance the night away in the grand ballroom or take a stroll around a part of the ship off limits to those with the cheap cabins.

And this is what I believe he will do to Australia if this idea grows legs, which is never a sure bet with Clive. He's a funny bloke and I quite like him as an entertainer but I'll scrutinise the hell out of his policies before I agree to ANYTHING.
edit on 26-4-2013 by Archie because: typo

Oh look, a Labor shill

While the USA is deeply interested in Australian politics (regardless of who is in power), the USA has always been deeper with Labor. This much is fact, as can be seen through the information provided by WikiLeaks.

In regards to the Labor party, the USA has had Mark Arbib, Bob Hawke, and Bob Carr as informants (i am sure that there are more). There is also evidence suggesting that the USA had their hands in the removal of Gough Whitlam as PM. US diplomats were also discussing Gillard's replacement of Rudd before the leadership spill too...

Overall, there is no doubt that both major sides of Australian politics look up to, and follow the USA in a lot of objectives. But there is much more evidence out there suggesting that the USA has compromised the Labor Party moreso than the Liberal Party.

In regards to Clive Palmer and his bid to become PM, i believe he would do a better job than the other contestants...He seems like a nice guy who is able to get the job done. He is alos one not to take # from foreign powers.

God bless the frigging Libs then. I can't wait for my tax free threshold to be slashed under Abbott because, as a small business owner, I really just sit back and surf the net during my working day and the money just seems to roll in of its own accord. I can't wait for my friends to lose their penalty rates and any chance at recompense through their unions being taken away. It'll be great to see the fat cats on the hill be able to finally get those million dollar renovations done and be able to upgrade to the *really* great hotel in Monaco for their hols while weekends become just another working day for the rest of us. Yep, sounds grrreat to me!

How did that Individual Workplace Agreement work out for you, buddy? You reckon it's gone? HA! It hasn't even started yet! Hope you're living on a hill with a stack of money tucked away in Switzerland because, under a Liberal Government, you're going to need it.

Oh, yeah, can't frigging wait, mate.

If you earn less than $150,000 a year and you vote for the Libs, you're a freaking idiot.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mungodave

Yeah , its his money.

It's not, it's just keeping costs down for Clive. Clive, as a businessman, likes keeping costs down and I'm sure he'd sooner empathise with big business than with the Vegemite on toast constituency who struggle to keep up with the cost of living. So what's Clive likely to do? He's likely to give big business a tissue to wipe its tears and slash the crap out of wages and conditions. That is what he is LIKELY to do.

Did you see the footage from Bangladesh on the news last night about the workers who were striking after seeing cracks appear in the walls of their factory but were forced back to work by their bosses only to have the building collapse on top of them, killing hundreds? That's Australian workers under Clive Palmer.

www.abc.net.au...
edit on 27-4-2013 by Archie because: .

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archie

Originally posted by mungodave

Yeah , its his money.

It's not, it's just keeping costs down for Clive. Clive, as a businessman, likes keeping costs down and I'm sure he'd sooner empathise with big business than with the Vegemite on toast constituency who struggle to keep up with the cost of living. So what's Clive likely to do? He's likely to give big business a tissue to wipe its tears and slash the crap out of wages and conditions. That is what he is LIKELY to do.

Did you see the footage from Bangladesh on the news last night about the workers who were striking after seeing cracks appear in the walls of their factory but were forced back to work by their bosses only to have the building collapse on top of them, killing hundreds? That's Australian workers under Clive Palmer.

www.abc.net.au...
edit on 27-4-2013 by Archie because: .

Not the best argument. Maybe its because our government has been moving manufacturing jobs off shore.
we have no factories to process what he needs. Bangladesh has nothing to do with Australia.

Gillard government and abbot government need the boot.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

LOL. I agree. I wasn't suggesting (a) Australia had the capacity to build it, but other countries apart from China do but, hey, we know China's cheapest; and (b) I'm not impressed by the ALP either or the Greens. But to even entertain Palmer as an alternate possibility is ludicrous. In fact, I'm considering casting a donkey vote this year for the first time ever.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This is on the webpage regarding policies:

United Australia Party stands for and is committed in its efforts and vision to carry out the following functions:
•Party Officials should not be Lobbyists, thereby taking a strong position on Paid Political Lobbyists saving tax payers dollars and introducing Fair Policies
•Abolish Carbon Tax
•Revising the current Australian Governments Refugee Policy to ensure Australia is protected and refugees are given opportunities for a better future and lifestyle
•Creating Mineral Wealth to continuously contribute to the welfare of the Australian community. This will be achieved by utilising mineral resources from Queensland and Western Australia, and incentives from the Commonwealth of Australia to establish downstream processing in the States of Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia ; and exporting products at a higher dollar value, thereby creating more revenue , jobs, tax and more facilities.
•Establishing a System where people create wealth in various part of the country and for that wealth should flow back to the Community. For example, if the region creates wealth it should go back to the community. This way we develop the whole country and not just Sydney and Melbourne, but we develop right across Australia where the wealth is.

unitedaustralia.org...

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I signed up.
And I gave him some suggestions too

1. Police/Nurses and Teachers get pay rises
2. Any company making profit will be forced to hire in Australia. No outsourcing of jobs if you make profit.
3. Banks will be forced to reduce increasing fee''s and interest rates outside of the expected amounts.
4. Oil Companies will be regulated and monitored, mainly their price gouging
5. First Home Buyers will be given assistance
6. Politicians will be given 1 pay rise a year, not 3.
7. Channel ONE (Australian Sports) Will be forced to show all Australian sports and not 1970's American Sitcoms.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

good for leaving suggestions... !

just read on twitter the website is down again due to demand... lol

also saw on the news tonight his office was broken into and claims it is politically motivated!
havent found anything online about it as yet but will post it when the news decides to post the info.

oh and what about the budget blowout!!! farout

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

The budget blowout is worrying.. especially

'' all options are on the table, including options that were previously off the table ''

SURELY Gillard isn't dumb enough to give us a Cyprus hairstyle?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I don't know what the heck they are going to do to fix it.. but rumor has it, disability pensions (all the new stuff they promised) is up for the chop and so too other crucial funding.

I am not looking forward to reading the next budget. It as usual will affect the People on a low to moderate income... oh and that would be the likes of me.

Opposition treasury spokesman Joe Hockey has seized on the comments.

"They are bullet words from the Prime Minister - all options are on the table - so increased tax on superannuation, increased taxes on the family home, death duties, which [Treasurer] Wayne Swan ruled out in Parliament - all options are on the table," he said.

"The Prime Minister is warning that there is no limit to what they will do or consider doing to the Australian economy, to families across Australia."

Gillard flags budget of spending cuts and tax hikes

edit on 29-4-2013 by Thurisaz because: insert news article

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Palmer says office break in politically motivated

Mining magnate Clive Palmer says police are investigating a burglary at his company's Brisbane headquarters overnight.

He says a computer was stolen, along with corporate and financial records.

Mr Palmer says he believes the incident is linked to his recent decision to contest the September federal election with the United Australia Party

sheesh...

"Of course this could have been a coincidence.

"This could have just happened after the polls were published showing we had 30 to 40 per cent of the people, so we can't be too upset about it, you know.

"It's interesting that there are eight floors in that building, it's interesting that they should target the financial section of our building and they should take, not take a file, but take the whole computer

hmmm well what a coincidence!!

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I believe that the break in could very well have been politically motivated. It is not dissimilar to the Watergate Scandal really...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
In listerning to Clive I think he has shot himself in the foot in a big way,where he said that the wealth that a state earns should stay in that state.

This is in reference to WA being massively srewed over,where our money here that is earned goes mainly to other states and seeing that WA only accounts to 20% of the countries population the Labor and the Libs will play on this big time to the voters,but at least he is being honest and up front about it,as I`m sure he has already thought that through.

I`m not happy with either of the parties we have today,but would like to hear more of Clives policies before making my mind up,I am glad though that someone else is throwing in another option for consideration.

Also I can`t get to their web page,I keep getting 404`d?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
In listerning to Clive I think he has shot himself in the foot in a big way,where he said that the wealth that a state earns should stay in that state.

This is in reference to WA being massively srewed over,where our money here that is earned goes mainly to other states and seeing that WA only accounts to 20% of the countries population the Labor and the Libs will play on this big time to the voters,but at least he is being honest and up front about it,as I`m sure he has already thought that through.

I`m not happy with either of the parties we have today,but would like to hear more of Clives policies before making my mind up,I am glad though that someone else is throwing in another option for consideration.

Also I can`t get to their web page,I keep getting 404`d?

I think he is referring to the rural areas that always get screwed over!

we will all have to wait and see.

as for the website... it is down cos of demand...

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

as for the website... it is down cos of demand...

lol serves me right for not reading the whole long 2 page thread,where you already mentioned that.

Anyway its proof that people are interested thats for sure.

ETA

I think he is referring to the rural areas that always get screwed over!

we will all have to wait and see.

In the link you provided to the interviews,the Lateline interview at time stamp 9:00 he is quite specific in saying that we need a better system where some of the wealth goes back to those who eared it and to develop accross the country and not just Sydney and Melbourne , this is a sore point that has been raging over here in WA for years.

But your right we`ll have to see,heck he`s got to win first lol, then hopefully he is honest to his word,not like our usual politicians.
edit on 29-4-2013 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join