It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist says Atacama humanoid is human but still a mystery

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is the preliminary DNA testing document (in PDF) of this creature:
www.ubron.org...
.LuisMarco., 29

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It does look a bit like this one photographed with 1930′s adventurer Robert Ripley which was called “Atta-Boy” and also found in the Atacama Desert.

Believe it or Not: The Atacama “Alien” is Human, and Ripley Knew It First

Just the other day I was flipping through “Search for the Shrunken Heads”, a particularly fun book that chronicles some of Robert Ripley’s 1930′s adventures around the world, when I noticed a photograph of Ripley holding a particularly familiar tiny humanoid. According to the intrepid adventurer’s notes, the oddity turned out to be an unfortunate soul who was chosen for a full-body “reduction” rather than just a shrinking of the head.

Interestingly enough, Robert Ripley found the shrunken body in Peru and named it “Atta-Boy”, after the nearby Atacama Desert.. the same desert where Dr. Steven Greer would eventually find the humanoid body in Sirius. Hardly a coincidence worth ignoring..

link

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
More on Ripley's 1933 'humanoid'.

Ripley’s Believe It or Not! had their own Atacama humanoid

It turns out that the humanoid found in the Atacama Desert featured in the Sirius documentary may not be as uncommon as we thought. A new book on Ripley of Ripley’s Believe it or Not! includes an image from 1933 of another mummified carcass found in the Atacama Desert. Lee Speigel of the The Huffington Post has researched and written about Ripley’s Atacama humanoid, and we got in touch with him to find out more about it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
And his brother...

michaelsheiser.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
More on Ripley's 1933 'humanoid'.

Ripley’s Believe It or Not! had their own Atacama humanoid

Thanks for the Link...

So... both 'Atta-Boy' from the 1933 worlds fair Ripley photographs
and the 'ata' of recent acclaim are 'human' & likely both Mummufied Fetus'

the question is how did the recent Ata-cama desert specimen appear to 'age' from 6-to-8 years ???

the idea that perhaps the Ata-cama desert mummified guy was never born... but lived inside the mother as a parasite that lives in/on a Host.
Maybe the Greer specimen had the growth gene sequence turned off...and because it was not a viable size to be 'born' into the world just stayed inside the mother at the 6" size of a fetus but developed all the organs & teeth in its tiny stage of growth.

Turned off genes would be my only guess... other than the 'appearance' of 6-8 years of development of the fetus is based on faulty observation [or even outright fabrications]

the mother probably died early because of the tiny human aging inside her and the Ata specimen mummified in the buried mothers body...how it got discovered as an independent mummified tiny human apart from the 'Host' is a matter of conjecture.... but it sure seems the Alien from Sirius is a big fat lie that a modern PT Barnum is trying to pull off on the public..eh

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
A mummified, deformed, human fetus that lived for six years inside its dead mother's womb? Give me a break! That's a more fantastic theory than that it was a human-alien hybrid - adult or infant.

I know some of you are having a desperately hard time trying to avoid the possibility that this creature is not entirely human. And I really do feel sorry for you, for deep down in your hearts you know this is really face-saving deception. But, if you are going to offer a conventional explanation, at least make it scientific and not more incredible than the very explanation you are so deperately trying to avoid.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Ha, what a coincidence, I was thinking about this and had the idea that it's possible it might be an unborn fetus.. I thought it was such a good idea I'd have to post it.. Low and behold, someone else had the idea too!

Still, it is hard to believe.. But if you think of it in terms of possible genetic mutations it's entirely possible, and one day, when we have better knowledge of dna and biological systems in general, you might say that it is much probably more unlikely that it is an extra-terrestrial being. I am open to the idea.. But if you think about it's size, It doesn't have that much use if it was an alien.

A number of reasons stick out that would seem to point to it being of human origin..

a)It's deformed skull

b)small brain - I guess if it WAS alien then it could have some use that we can only speculate upon, and also under the assumption that a small brain can't in some way be intelligent/self-aware if built the right way. it's hard to say.

c)if alien, what function did it serve, and under what circumstances would the alien be left for humans to find? Hard to imagine the scenario without going down the rabbit hole a way.

But of course, I am neither here nor there on the matter, we'll just have to wait and see what the analysis is.
edit on 28-7-2013 by WorShip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cointree77

YES....INCREDIBLE DISCOVERY

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by selfharmonise

selfharmonise
Could it not have been carved from a human bone?

I didnt know if the film includes examination of body cavities or brain space?

Yeah, I thought it was carved or something too.

Turns out it was aliive breathing entity!

and not the only one found in the region..

Someone linked the Ripley Atta boy.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Paolo Viscardi, natural history creator at London's Horniman Museum, believes this is the body of a 14 to 16-week old foetus, possibly illegally aborted.

Read what he has to say in this blog entry: paolov.wordpress.com...

The follow-up comments and debate go into a lot of interesting detail and Mr Viscardi, in my opinion, has the answer to this case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join