It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having VERY violent dreams lately.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I don't know why, but my dreams have been super violent. I had a dream last night that I was getting my lips pierced and then I was kidnapped and I was strapped to a chair. (excuse this next part because its a bit disturbing) But my friend, her dad, and someone else was there pleading with him. My friends dad even made a deal with him, he could have his way with my friend if he just lets me go. So then he started raping her and since he was distracted, I found a way to get free and found a huge knife. And then I walked over to him and stabbed him several times in the face, and his blood splattered on my foot. The weird part is that I could totally feel it in the dream and the blood was cold. I remember thinking it was weird that the blood was cold in my dream.

This isn't the first time I have dreamed something violent. Sometimes its with a mallet, sometimes with scissors, sometimes I have to do hand to hand combat, but it always ends with me having to kill the bad guy in some violent way. And the thing is that I am always a victim of kidnapping and the violence is usually prolonged because the kidnapper always finds me. Even in my dream last night, he kept coming back to life before I killed him for good.

Another weird thing is that I have these dreams so regularly and they feel so real that I actually feel like I am getting trained to kill someone if I have to. I would have never been able to kill someone even if they were going to kill me, but now, I have no doubt that I could and would kill them if they were trying to kill me. I don't think I would even hesitate. Like when I wake up from these dreams I am immediately thinking of new scenarios and how to kill them. When I woke up from the dream last night, I woke up thinking of strategies for if someone were to come into my bedroom to try to kidnap me. I would hide in my closet because there are a a lot of clothes in it and I could hide at the back and I could cover what part of me is showing with some clothes that are already on the closet floor. And if he looks in the closet and finds me I would stab him in in the neck with the scissors that I would bring in the closet with me and then I would take a mallet to him to finish him off which I would also bring with me into the closet.

Im sorry this even scares me. Im not usually a violent person, its just when Im dreaming and right when I wake up. Any ideas for what this could mean?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies

Dreams can have as many interpretations as there are people who try to intepret them, so what I have to say carries no more weight than anyone else.

My impression is that you are struggling with a major decision, or there's a major conflict in your life. It doesn't have to be physical (ie with a particular person), but perhaps you feel you are being drawn/forced into something against your will -- against what is right or acceptable to you.

So, you're fighting against it and it's a conundrum, because it doesn't feel right to you.

Beyond that general impression, I have no idea what else it might mean.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Yikes. In my youth I had violent dreams. It may seem silly but I took my problem to a medicine woman. She told me that violent dreams have to do with resentment or a feeling of being trapped. It's your subconscious fighting back.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

It sounds like you feel ready for anything that comes your way by the confidence you exhud. Thats my initial impression.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
My dreams have became violent lately too. They have never been violent before, I have killed, been chased, and had guns pointed at my head in my dreams lately. It's weird when I thought about them I thought I was being trained too.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
eyesontheskies,

Are you, by any chance, afraid of being penetrated either physically, emotionally, or sexually by someone? Did you have an experience that started this fear with someone kissing or attempting to kiss you against your will (lips pierced)?....perhaps recently or when you were a child?

A knife in a dream can symbolize this fear, but it can also symbolize cutting something out of your life that has created a pattern of thinking or being, sort of like a catharsis, a cutting away of the trauma.

Blood is a powerful symbol with many different meanings. It can represent one's loss of virginity or extreme emotions of either rage or passion; subconscious memories of an early sexual experience; a draining away of one's energy; or pain and injury. Is there some area of your life that is causing you pain?

I would say, dear, that you are in the process of getting rid of pent up pain or anger and releasing the emotions that have held you down (kidnapped and tied to the chair); or, you are ready to face somebody or something that caused you pain in your past, not with a literal knife drawing blood, but with the determination to face it and cut it out of your life and release its hold on you. I have a few more thoughts, but will hold them back for now.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
eyesontheskies,

Are you, by any chance, afraid of being penetrated either physically, emotionally, or sexually by someone? Did you have an experience that started this fear with someone kissing or attempting to kiss you against your will (lips pierced)?....perhaps recently or when you were a child?

A knife in a dream can symbolize this fear, but it can also symbolize cutting something out of your life that has created a pattern of thinking or being, sort of like a catharsis, a cutting away of the trauma.

Blood is a powerful symbol with many different meanings. It can represent one's loss of virginity or extreme emotions of either rage or passion; subconscious memories of an early sexual experience; a draining away of one's energy; or pain and injury. Is there some area of your life that is causing you pain?

I would say, dear, that you are in the process of getting rid of pent up pain or anger and releasing the emotions that have held you down (kidnapped and tied to the chair); or, you are ready to face somebody or something that caused you pain in your past, not with a literal knife drawing blood, but with the determination to face it and cut it out of your life and release its hold on you. I have a few more thoughts, but will hold them back for now.

ok well im pretty much only afraid of being penetrated emotionally lol. Im not very trusting of people and sometimes it can be hard to let people in. As for the kissing, I had a boyfriend about a year ago who tried to kiss me and I rejected him and then broke up with him like the next day.

And about the knife. That is interesting because I am always afraid in my dreams like this but Its like I just know what I have to do. And me and my parents are sort of butting heads lately and that kind of causes me pain.

But wow that's a great take on it, thanks!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretsOfMe
My dreams have became violent lately too. They have never been violent before, I have killed, been chased, and had guns pointed at my head in my dreams lately. It's weird when I thought about them I thought I was being trained too.

And yeah its strange right? These violent dreams that I have are the only dreams that actually make sense. Unlike my other dreams that will have random stuff like sharks swimming in my house and stuff like that lol. And I think its weird that I can remember every part of these violent dreams.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec

It sounds like you feel ready for anything that comes your way by the confidence you exhud. Thats my initial impression.

Yeah I certainly feel like that. Its getting a little weird though. Most people sleep with a stuffed animal but I sleep with a flash light, a bottle of water, a mallet, and sharp scissors. Its just getting weird because I feel like Im needing to prepare for something.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Yikes. In my youth I had violent dreams. It may seem silly but I took my problem to a medicine woman. She told me that violent dreams have to do with resentment or a feeling of being trapped. It's your subconscious fighting back.

That would make sense because I am so ready to move out, but I have like 3 more months.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Yeah, my violent dreams are more realistic than my other dreams. It's strange lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Hm have you been having these dreams long ? or do they coincide with learning you were moving or some other event?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

Hm have you been having these dreams long ? or do they coincide with learning you were moving or some other event?

I am going to be moving soon, but I have been having these dreams for a few years now. This one was just the most violent so far. And the scary thing is that in my dream I have no emotion when I am killing the man. Its just pure emotionless violence. I mean sure I was defending myself, but there was absolutely no hesitation in my dream.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretsOfMe

Yeah, my violent dreams are more realistic than my other dreams. It's strange lol.

ooooo chills lol

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Well good luck on the move. I dont knwo what to tell you about the dreams though. I have weird dreams when i eat pickles before bed.

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I ran into your post regarding the shadow people, and seen that you also talk about being sensitive to energies. If you would like to know more information on why this is happens to you I suggest you search out children of the light. There is a site called messengersofthelight and I think his book "A Step Into the Light" Will really help you. Has the vivid dreaming been increasing lately?

posted on Apr, 29 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I haven't read through the thread, so I apologize if I ask a question that may have already been asked.

Have you started any new medications? The reason I ask is that I started a new medication once that made me have absolutely HORRIBLE dreams. They were very violent and graphic. I've never had such nightmares in all my life until I started that medication. It was Lyrica for fibromyalgia. I stopped taking it because I couldn't handle the dreams.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I keep having violent dreams too and they are also very vivid.... In one of them my best friend who is currently pregnant was also pregnant in my dream. G
Her and her boyfriend got into an argument and he murdered her and cut her into pieces, put her in a duffle bag and sent it to me. I open the bag and I could vividley see all her body parts and head. I lost my mind and started crying and started looking for him to kill him because he murdered my best while pregnant. Scary
Another dreamn was with my daughter's father which I haven't seen in a couple of years. I was at work and he called me but I was working so I hanged up on him and just a couple of minutes after I janged up he shows up at my job and bully his way into my coworkers truck. My coworker told him to get out and pulled his hair and all of the sudden my boss comes in and tells my daughter's dad if he doesn't get out the car he is going to beat him up, next thing you know there is a few other guys I know also beating up my daughter's dad. As my "daughter's dad" is getting up off the floor after being kicked and punched he takes off running but then I realized the person running was my uncle. How weird and confusing?!

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I have violent dreams every night. I've had them since I was one or two years old. I watch hundreds of people die in terrible, painful, violent ways, and the last thing I hear every morning just before I wake up is a scream of agony. I am a pacifist, but I did test 97% psychopath. I do feel emotions, just differently from most, I have trouble making emotional connections, and I usually put logic before emotions. Also, just to clarify, not all psychopaths kill people.

Anyhow... you may want to check on that and do some research. Some people never realize they're a psychopath, because they've never felt any different. If you choose, there is medicine for that. If you are a psychopath, by no means feel like there is something wrong with you. There are thousands of psychopaths out there that live perfectly normal lives unmedicated and even unaware that they are psychopaths.

Personally, I believe it's an adaptation. Believe what you will, but that's an idea to investigate.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: eyesontheskies
From my experience in my own dream world, you are learning to stop just reacting and trying to escape, to actively defending yourself. This is a positive step - when this happened to me, I was very confused, because previously, I had always been overwhelmed, and woken up crying in fear and/or sadness. I believe it is very positive when we learn to defend ourselves in our own dream-scapes. I do NOT think you are being trained for anything violent in the real world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join