It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressmen Scheduled for UFO National Press Club Event (Bios/Background)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
A run-down on the "distinguished" panel of ex-Congressmen who will be "investigating" the "UFO Coverup" at Stephen Bassett's "Citizen's Commission" event next week at the National Press Club ...

The hearing panel will be headlined by former congressman Merrill Cook (R – Utah) who was once famously banned from his own party’s offices after a profanity-laced tirade and was plagued during his few years in Congress by reports of erratic behavior leveled by his own staff. “Merrill has taken up permanent residence in whacko land,” Cook’s chief of staff Janet Jenson wrote in an inter-office e-mail in 2000. ”If he asks you to fax his underwear to the speaker’s office, please just do it."

Joining Cook will be former congressman Roscoe Bartlett (R – Maryland). The 86 year-old raised eyebrows in 2004 when he attended a Unification Church event to receive the “Ambassador of Peace medal” from cult leader Sun Myung Moon who, afterwards, declared himself the Messiah as Bartlett watched in delight.

the rest of the loons ... www.parapolitical.com...
edit on 22-4-2013 by MrFantastic1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MrFantastic1

If i understand what i am reading this is a bad thing, as much as i want for the UFO discussion to be moved forward having these people be associated with it is a step backwards and honestly that's probably why its happening. The crazier the person is presenting the information the crazier people who take this subject seriously seem to others who have little to no information on it.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CesarO

If i understand what i am reading this is a bad thing, as much as i want for the UFO discussion to be moved forward having these people be associated with it is a step backwards and honestly that's probably why its happening. The crazier the person is presenting the information the crazier people who take this subject seriously seem to others who have little to no information on it.

Agreed. I would love a serious, national discussion about UFOs, however, Steven Bassett is presently monopolizing this space with these elaborate, well-financed, national events that seem purpose-designed to cause people to erupt into laughter.

It's disgusting.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Hi, There will be nothing notable happening during this meeting.

The meeting will be counter-productive at best. As I see, there are no fresh eyes attending to discuss the subject, just an out-casted Cg and an old man who will bring nothing to the table. Why? because neither two have anything to bring.

That's the deliberate agenda of the meeting, to solve nothing.

Isn't it great?

It's a "Press" Club... and the topic is UFO's. What's happening here,so you know, is a few specific non-credible individuals were selected 'on purpose' to solve nothing so that it can be put on record that the 'Subject Has Been Discussed."

These kinds of meetings happen all the time, it's just a front for show to temporarily ease complaints from the public (and others) harping on re-evaluation of said subject.

"let's have a meeting so we can temporarily stop a few phone calls and letters."

With that head up that end, and that over there up the other end, if you get my drift, my guess is nobody is going to see anything.

Happy day to you. There are other, more important things happening out there.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by unb3k44n7

Hi, There will be nothing notable happening during this meeting.

The meeting will be counter-productive at best. As I see, there are no fresh eyes attending to discuss the subject, just an out-casted Cg and an old man who will bring nothing to the table. Why? because neither two have anything to bring.

That's the deliberate agenda of the meeting, to solve nothing.

Isn't it great?

It's a "Press" Club... and the topic is UFO's. What's happening here,so you know, is a few specific non-credible individuals were selected 'on purpose' to solve nothing so that it can be put on record that the 'Subject Has Been Discussed."

These kinds of meetings happen all the time, it's just a front for show to temporarily ease complaints from the public (and others) harping on re-evaluation of said subject.

"let's have a meeting so we can temporarily stop a few phone calls and letters."

With that head up that end, and that over there up the other end, if you get my drift, my guess is nobody is going to see anything.

Happy day to you. There are other, more important things happening out there.

agreed ... unfortunately, however, events like this give fodder for the point and laugh crowd and stymie legitimate investigation into the UFO phenomenon

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Yes I know It's blasphemy but common occurrence
Can't stop em though. Let them have their meetings, shouldn't bother me, shouldn't bother you.

These meetings IMO do not directly hinder potential research and resolution that may or may not be prevalent
When the truth is ready to come out it will and on it's own accord
and it won't be from a scheduled meeting through the "Press Club."

edit on 22-4-2013 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The 2007 event with Leslie Kean, James Fox, and Fife Symington, limited to very credible speakers, raised the bar for quality way out of reach of these guys. Yet what did it accomplish?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47
The 2007 event with Leslie Kean, James Fox, and Fife Symington, limited to very credible speakers, raised the bar for quality way out of reach of these guys. Yet what did it accomplish?

James Fox is "very credible?"

Oh.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
lest we forget, of course, Stephen Bassett is the dude who sues everyone who calls him a scammer ...

www.examiner.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
There seems to be some kind of 'disclosure' conference every few months.

Don't forget - live streaming for only $3.80!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
omg...
why would they choose a professional shill to hold the thread on disclosure..
lol

whatever, I know that the truth wins

and nothing or nobody can stop it
edit on 30-4-2013 by cornucopia because: changed some words, i still love you ATS

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

Because they are professionals,

They are experienced and know what they are doing

lol omg whatever talk to the hand

Pretend your talking to people face to face

top topics

join