It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Invented Religion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
To me, religion is obviously man made. That's something I believe 100%, and find it quite obvious that it is man made.
Saying that, everyone has the right to believe in whatever they want to believe in. As long as they are not hurting anyone, I don't care.

Oh but they are; killing each other and have throughout history (those that feel no one has the right to believe unless it is the correct belief). This thought form is flawed from JUMP; and "God Aspect" should have anticipated this fault in the initial wiring.
edit on 18-6-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Well that not very spiritual.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

God blinked an ended up in another one universe, destroying the previous one.

Saying "Well at least this keeps me away from mom for a while, she'll never find me."

Mean while, the at the beggining of the universe....

"GODDD!!!" Then God says "# I heard that".
edit on 18-6-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

tell that to the Jhadists!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

God blinked an ended up in another one universe, destroying the previous one.

Saying "Well at least this keeps me away from mom for a while, she'll never find me."

Mean while, the at the beggining of the universe....

"GODDD!!!" Then God says "# I heard that".

It wouldn't know it happened, I am certain God is Autistic and is just using us. Specimen; I can relate, I often think of myself (middle name) LAB RAT #3. I am part of an experiment I have no control over and a crazy entity is actually in charge. The joke is upon whom? God or its creations trying to figure the system [so God becomes aware]. Mean while, we exist in wonderment of the next potential possibilities (instant destruction or [never no true exposure] to/of enlightenment and the simple way to gain it). Its RIGGED to fail. We are booby trapped, banana peel slipped upon cartoons. I am not a defeatist. I defend the human.
edit on 18-6-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

It does feel like one giant social or science experiment doesn't it, but maybe that just universal paranoia.

I don't know if there is a God and if there was prove of a god, and if there was then what is god's true nature supposed to be? I've had my share of odd stuff that overloads my imagination at times. Sure there the all powerful man idea, where if Gods sentient to our definition of intelligence could to the point summing up using it hands to crush rock into diamonds and an ego to match, like ancient pagan Gods...And The Apocalypse.

Or would be like like plant or cellular life, but more ghostly, mechanical, but natural too then what we would think of. Not really there, but a mind and will of its own. Or how the Earth various weather patterns, and the oceans make it look alive in that scale more or less.
Something I think the OT and NT wanted to depict, like understanding ways, since in the OT God has no form other then Hands, to Jesus being a prodigy I guess. Meh, primitive times, primitive methods, although I dont think of the ancient being stupid other, then not knowing better, and may have been great...for it time.

Free will, and Death, the only things guaranteed in life.
edit on 18-6-2015 by Specimen because: The Apocalypse

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
originally posted by: Specimen

Specimen: It does feel like one giant social or science experiment doesn't it, but maybe that just universal paranoia.
I don't know if there is a God and if there was prove of a god, and if there was then what is god's true nature supposed to be? I've had my share of odd stuff that overloads my imagination at times. Sure there the all powerful man idea, where if Gods sentient to our definition of intelligence could to the point summing up using it hands to crush rock into diamonds and an ego to match, like ancient pagan Gods...And The Apocalypse.

It does feel that way; a giant social/science experiment. Not sure who is conducting this (we are just perceiving it at such). I am more inclined to think this is God using us (as a particle of its being) to understand itself. Its selfish and wrong headed as we suffer for its lack of knowledge (we are the sacrifice, sound familiar)? I had a thought today IF I AM a part of GOD, it should be experiencing everything I experience; and these are not happy thoughts. Where is the mercy regarding its own creation.

Specimen: Or would be like like plant or cellular life, but more ghostly, mechanical, but natural too then what we would think of. Not really there, but a mind and will of its own. Or how the Earth various weather patterns, and the oceans make it look alive in that scale more or less.
Something I think the OT and NT wanted to depict, like understanding ways, since in the OT God has no form other then Hands, to Jesus being a prodigy I guess. Meh, primitive times, primitive methods, although I dont think of the ancient being stupid other, then not knowing better, and may have been great...for it time.
Free will, and Death, the only things guaranteed in life.

Cellular reproduction is robotic/mechanical but is biogenetic. It will not be long before we have machines that can replicate themselves. There is a theory that robotics do create/ retain by repletion a residual memory (assembly line machines); and that cars are rebelling; accelerator pedal problems etc. Jesus as was Mohammed as was Buddha were missionaries to tell the human God exists. Major problem (ill explained) God is not an external being, it is within the human to find its source of creation. Ninety-nine point nine percent of humans will never understand this.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
some people like religion some dont
what would replace religion if it wasnt here? more obscure/difficult rules and regulations?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: blacktie
Instead of being a Christian, a Muslim or any other religion - be nothing.

Leave the programming behind.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

If this is some giant experiment then the results must be horrifying to the ones watching, I would rather believe that there is a genuine purpose involved in the evolutionary process of our soul. I am not Pinochio on a string doing the bidding of my master puppeteer, I am given free reign over my own thought processes and I have consequences for my actions; religion has always been a crutch for those that believe their sins can be forgiven by the absolution or that if they find god they get a free pass.

Ever notice how when something bad happens to people they blame god, or when something good happens they thank god?

Is that part of the experiment? Never mind the fact that they made a decision that put them in that position. We are always going to have the free will decisions of others that impact our own free will decisions. For every reaction there is an action.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
some people like religion some dont
what would replace religion if it wasnt here? more obscure/difficult rules and regulations?

Before religion was invented there was life. Life has always been a series of events that have consequences for actions. Some are negative with positive consequences and some are negative with positive consequences. It is up to each individual soul to take whatever knowledge there is and assimilate the information in order to progress in the evolutionary process.

Religion is one aspect the soul needs to navigate in this human condition. Recognizing the mind control aspect is part of the process.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Not nothing, but true to oneself and the nature of their soul experience. Me I prefer to be the light and not the dark or in between in the gray. I agree that it is not necessary to relegate ones' spiritual self to a specific religion, but we are all something and attached to one another through something and we are all connected to a greater something than are own individual soul. So, No! We are definitely something!

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

My higher power did not invent religion, man did.

Please, the person who can prove the universe was not created by intelligent design come forward now.

Religion is a byproduct of how we think. When you look at how our minds operate we spend the vast majority of out thoughts in the abstract world. We create everything in our minds first before it is a reality, even your breakfast was first created in your mind then you made it a reality and ate it.

Part of this ability is we can think about many things that can not be physically touched or seen. Whether God, black holes, the beginning of the universe or even last week, we can conceptualize all without ever actually seeing it today physically.

The problem is figuring out whether religion is a byproduct of our abilities or is it an awareness that our abilities allow of to have?

So the OP's all knowing statements of absolutes are rather meaningless and he should understand his statements as as much based on faith as any dogma is.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Religion is not a by product it is a false construct put in conceptualized form through the meanderings of false prophets and translated from language to culture over generations of the game called "operator".

So the OP's all knowing statements of absolutes are rather meaningless and he should understand his statements as as much based on faith as any dogma is.

Assuming facts not in evidence!

We are all made of the same thing, yet we take religion and belief systems and isolate from each other. Having TRUE love for each other does not require religion: it requires acceptance.

What part of the OP are you referring too?

edit on 20-6-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Religion is not a by product it is a false construct put in conceptualized form through the meanderings of false prophets and translated from language to culture over generations of the game called "operator".

We could not have your "false constructs" without the ability to think in the abstract, thinking about what can be, might be, may be etc are all part of this whether we are talking Religion, science or even building a house.

Assuming facts not in evidence!

Ah... the old Argumentum Ad Ignorantiam fallacy...Assuming that a claim is false because it has not been or cannot be proven true...

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

soulpowerTTND: If this is some giant experiment then the results must be horrifying to the ones watching, I would rather believe that there is a genuine purpose involved in the evolutionary process of our soul. I am not Pinochio on a string doing the bidding of my master puppeteer, I am given free reign over my own thought processes and I have consequences for my actions; religion has always been a crutch for those that believe their sins can be forgiven by the absolution or that if they find god they get a free pass.

It is and to those as witness in understand is horrifying. There is a reason for this and just as you say; those lucky enough to incarnate as a human are going through an accelerated process called "The Human School Quick Study" (you have no idea how hard it is to achieve this soul destination many incarnating here were never human). Religion is manmade in order to understand a God that appears absent but is present in our DNA structure.

soulpowerTTND: Ever notice how when something bad happens to people they blame god, or when something good happens they thank god?

Sure; and I see "prayer" as an act of begging. People would rather not take any blame or accolades themselves as they are superstitious creatures.

edit on 20-6-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: blacktie
Instead of being a Christian, a Muslim or any other religion - be nothing.
Leave the programming behind.

Yes; and will add this: "Your Ego Is Not Your Friend".
edit on 20-6-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Itisnowagain

Not nothing, but true to oneself and the nature of their soul experience.

Have you found the self that you must be true to?

Me I prefer to be the light and not the dark or in between in the gray.

Realize that you are the entire screen which manifests all the colours, all the sounds - all sensation.

I agree that it is not necessary to relegate ones' spiritual self to a specific religion, but we are all something and attached to one another through something and we are all connected to a greater something than are own individual soul. So, No! We are definitely something!

Presence is what there is - it is now everywhere, all the 'time'.
Now is the space in which everything happens.
Is now a thing?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

The idea of God being some universal life force could be enlightening...As well as blinding, if not Childish to such a, larger then life figure of speech

The way religion is today, it more less motivational and social behavior pep talks, compared to its plausible original construction, to where it was something of being a tribal or ancient civilization of education, as well as the believe that such ways of life are eternal lessons, and such views may have been considered as wisdom, due to, if any having any real conception of reality.

I'm way past that idea or conception of being God, or feeling connected with God...How ever one puts it.
edit on 21-6-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join